Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865945 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
Akpesman:
Thank you so very much @Frankrobbn1. Pls what could be a receipt for me to issue to the buyer that will be recognized or accepted by CIC since I have am the one selling and I do not have a normal receipt. I was given a note when I bought from the family.
[color=#006600][/color]

Any receipt can serve so long as it's in your family name. Following that you don't have a receipt yet, a land deed of agreement b/w you and the buyer and survey plans will do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
hustla:

Thank you for your reply
How many years experience is needed for Express entry?
God bless

1year experience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by geoyinka: 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2019
I greet the Gurus in the house. I most confess that your insights, advice and guidance as been very helpful as i have gained alot reading through the thread from part 9. lets keep the good work going.

Please i am currently in some kind of dilema and will like the experienced people in the house to come to my resecue.

I graduated 7years ago with a Bsc in geology with 2:2 class of degree. Since then i have worked in 2 banks in Nigeria with a reasonable salary. i intend to build a career in line of my educational background. I have applied for a post graduate diploma in GIS (geographic information system) and i have gotten admission in one of the colleges in canada. Now the reason for the confusion;

1. Based on what i have read here about SOP, i am skeptical if i can convince the VO about the correlation of what i studied and what i have been doing since graduation and what i intend to study (Althought my UG degree of geology is closely related to the GIS i wa offered). Some advised me to remove anything that has to do with banking from my resume and juat claim i have been working with some geo_firms.

2. Although i am in my early 30s i am married with 2 kids. I was told it doesnt make any sense for me to use a sponsor for my studies considering my marital status and work experience. that the VO will expect that i should be a self sponsor. How true is this? cos truth be told, it will be very difficult for me to build my account to such amount before submitting application. i can get a sponsor with good account.

3. i am legally married, have 2 kids, Have a good job at the m moment, have a land in lagos...will these amount to enough ties to Nigeria in convincing VO.

I will appreciate your advice so i can take a well inform decision on how to package my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ralfudoh(m): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
3yrs post graduation work experience
hustla:

Thank you for your reply
How many years experience is needed for Express entry?
God bless

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hustla(m): 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
ralfudoh:
3yrs post graduation work experience

Someone just said 1
Which one should i believe?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hustla(m): 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hi everyone,
Thompson Rivers says this about their MBA programme;

Education

An acceptable three or four-year undergraduate degree in any discipline with a minimum B average (GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.33 or local equivalent) in the last 60 credits.

Who has an idea how to check this to be sure? I have sent them an email but I will like to check myself so as to be sure
Please help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
Amen and thanks a lot dear.

Bukella:

congrats in advance. i really dont know much about flight. I came through KLM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soso98: 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hello Nairalanders! I am new here and I'm preparing to apply for my study visa. What I want to know is if I need to send my original university certificates along with my application if I apply through the paper route or do I just make photocopies of them alone and send it.

Please, kindly help a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
Thanks a lot.
Nellykuch:
It sure will serve as a VERY Strong Tie.My husband applied alone using the kids and I as home tie. Best of luck.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
zsuby:
Hello Nairalanders! I am new here and I'm preparing to apply for my study visa. What I want to know is if I need to send my original university certificates along with my application if I apply through the paper route or do I just make photocopies of them alone and send it.

Please, kindly help a brother.
Photocopies,because they won't be returned. However,if you're submitting a document addressed directly to the embassy(in a sealed envelope) you should submit the original document
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
I really appreciate! The TRV application for my kids should it be before I get to Canada or while in Canada?
Frankrobbn1:

Yes, they are strong ties to your application. When you eventually secure your TRV you can apply for SOWP for your hubby and TRV for your kids.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soso98: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
Ormohlawlah:

Photocopies,because they won't be returned. However,if you're submitting a document addressed directly to the embassy(in a sealed envelope) you should submit the original document

Thanks a great deal. But which route will you advise Is better?

And will I have to submit my passport along with paper application? Pls, don't mind these questions I'm asking as I am a newbie to the whole Canada application thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by geoyinka: 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
Any one?

geoyinka:
I greet the Gurus in the house. I most confess that your insights, advice and guidance as been very helpful as i have gained alot reading through the thread from part 9. lets keep the good work going.

Please i am currently in some kind of dilema and will like the experienced people in the house to come to my resecue.

I graduated 7years ago with a Bsc in geology with 2:2 class of degree. Since then i have worked in 2 banks in Nigeria with a reasonable salary. i intend to build a career in line of my educational background. I have applied for a post graduate diploma in GIS (geographic information system) and i have gotten admission in one of the colleges in canada. Now the reason for the confusion;

1. Based on what i have read here about SOP, i am skeptical if i can convince the VO about the correlation of what i studied and what i have been doing since graduation and what i intend to study (Althought my UG degree of geology is closely related to the GIS i wa offered). Some advised me to remove anything that has to do with banking from my resume and juat claim i have been working with some geo_firms.

2. Although i am in my early 30s i am married with 2 kids. I was told it doesnt make any sense for me to use a sponsor for my studies considering my marital status and work experience. that the VO will expect that i should be a self sponsor. How true is this? cos truth be told, it will be very difficult for me to build my account to such amount before submitting application. i can get a sponsor with good account.

3. i am legally married, have 2 kids, Have a good job at the m moment, have a land in lagos...will these amount to enough ties to Nigeria in convincing VO.

I will appreciate your advice so i can take a well inform decision on how to package my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2019
MsJu:
I really appreciate! The TRV application for my kids should it be before I get to Canada or while in Canada?

It can be done before travelling to Canada that's if your school resumption date is not close.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
zsuby:

Thanks a great deal. But which route will you advise Is better?

And will I have to submit my passport along with paper application? Pls, don't mind these questions I'm asking as I am a newbie to the whole Canada application thing.
Well both routes have led to approvals and delays...so I can't really say which route is better.
Yes,you will have to submit your passport for paper application...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hello, please.

My national ID card is not ready yet, I only have the slip and they're requesting for the expiry date which is not on the slip.

How do I handle this sir?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TrustAllah: 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
LearnAndObey:
Hello, please.

My national ID card is not ready yet, I only have the slip and they're requesting for the expiry date which is not on the slip.

How do I handle this sir?

Put Not applicable in that section
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2019
TrustAllah:

Put Not applicable in that section
Thanks sir, but can I still scan the documents with my application documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soso98: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2019
Can anyone please kindly reply me �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2019
Akpesman:
Thank you very much for the answer. Pls one more thing. Can you explain more on the bold texts?[color=#990000][/color]

I was inferring that the account details, the amount, date etc should be stated in the SOP for better clarification showing the lump deposit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lemia(m): 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
My people my people!!!

It has been ages!

Hope y'all are doing great!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ifegy: 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
geoyinka:
Any one?

You should probably look into immigrating. Have a look at the express entry thread in the travel section.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2019
Please house, if my masters program is fully funded by the school,
1) how much does my sponsor need to have in his account?
2) must he transfer it into my account?
3) must he have the same surname as me?
4) as anyone seen an orpharn applied for study permit and given one?

Thank you so much in anticipation for taking time to answer my questions.
God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gbp2020: 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hi everyone, I've been following you guys please I need to ask some questions I want to apply for PGD but I don't meet some schools requirements because I have low cgpa 2.06 in sociology, should I go for another degree and apply for undergraduate will it affect me please I need your advice. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Engr2000: 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
geoyinka:

Guy,

Why don't you try Express Entry...it's better Jare you have the requires experience! At worst you get a PGD here to boost your point... That's the route I took sha and I got my COPR.

Secondly, if your are going for School, don't do GIS. Please go to for a marketable course like Power Engineering, Software Engineering or Nursing...

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soso98: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hellloo can anyone help plss!!!
Soso98:
Help anyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by geoyinka: 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
Thank you boss...i appreciate the wisdom you have just shared with me.

Engr2000:

Guy,

Why don't you try Express Entry...it's better Jare you have the requires experience! At worst you get a PGD here to boost your point... That's the route I took sha and I got my COPR.

Secondly, if your are going for School, don't do GIS. Please go to for a marketable course like Power Engineering, Software Engineering or Nursing...

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josade69: 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hello house,
Please how can one apply for the study permit and coop permit together. I'll like to do so as my master's course has a coop semester attached to it.

I would also like to find out if one can do additional work (not coop) while you are a student using your normal study permit, and how soon after arrival can you start work (the work is in the u university's health facility, so it's not a graduate assistant ship). Thanks guys for your expected responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
I'm sure someone who is able to address your concerns will answer you soon... Just be lil patient
Soso98:
Hellloo can anyone help plss!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12