Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862874 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibbb: 9:41am On Feb 18, 2019
Thanks so much, My sponsor commitment includes tuition fees and living expenses, estimated value of abt $25k.
I also included my personal saving acct statement + investment.

mcobex:
Sorry for late response.
How much of the $65k did your sponsor committed towards your studies?
I always advise applicants (with work experience) to also include their own SOA(just to show you also saved some cash on your own towards your studies, no matter how small). Also, if the sponsor is a third party (not parents, or siblings) I advise he/she either pays your tuition fee or transfer the said amount into your personal account (to show the funds will be available when it's time to travel).
Concerning your home-tie, try to convince the VO why you will return back to Nigeria after your studies. These might be but not limited to investments, family properties, potential job after graduation in Nigeria.....
NB: Like someone said, you have to work on your sop and if possible include an LOE(letter of explanation) detailing the reasons for your previous delay and how you corrected them.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 18, 2019
Soso98:
Hi guys!I need your help
So i applied to a college in canada for practical nursing and i was given admission into COLLEGE PROGRAM so as to upgrade my biology grade
I finished high school in 2015 and I've not had any education prior to this stage because my mom fell I'll and she was off and on in hospitals and my brother opened his business and he needed someone to look after it and keep records alongside my other sibling. Tho not an official staff but i do get paid once in a month or once in two months, depending on the work load for the month
During this time.. I was also voluntary working with my uncle some days of the week in a tecahing hospital as an aide, helping the patients assiting with feeidng and mobility issues.,personal grooming etc now my mom is 100% healthy and can look after herself .my brother is ready to sponsor me back to school
..Do i need a recommendatiom from my uncle and my bro?my bros business is in no way related to nursing
How will my uncle adress the letter? My only home tie is my mom and my two brothers.
Do i need to state my mom's health issues in my SOP? Is the Gap after school is too much? Thanks ..

I think u need the recommendation letter from your uncle who is a doctor or medical practitioner I believe stating what he saw in you that made u choose a course in nursing..that will help u out in your sop wen u are explaining why u wana do nursing wen u already have a Bsc in biology..

Wat u need from your bro is an affidavit of sponsorship stating why he is sponsoring, how much he will commit in sponsoring u..

U don't really need to tell the VO about your mum's health issues cos they(VO) might also see that as a reason to deny u saying u should stay and take care of your mum..just try and explain wat u have been doing since u graduated(the study gap)..

If u don't have any inheritable property that will bring u back, then your mum, snr bro and 2 brothers can serve as your home ties... thats my 2cent

Was it a 2.1 or 2.2 u had in your Bsc..if it's a 2.1, den u don't need to go for a college program but rather Masters program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 10:30am On Feb 18, 2019
Oh wow, after one year. I am so sorry to hear this. I am glad you are coping well with the denial. And even more determined to do this with more gusto.
Congratulations on your new job as well. God bless you.

jnyuwa02:

Who called my name? It's been a while since I contributed here. After one year of my application pending, it was finally denied. Good news is its only based on purpose of visit and GCMS stated I graduated from the University in the USA since 2006 and never attended any more school since then until now, so they are not convinced I would be a genuine student. Sincerely I expected worst. So I intend to revamp and refire addressing their concerns. I am enjoying Nigeria a lot and my new job. That is why I have not been here sorry. But promise to be returning from time to time to give free information and help. Miss you guys. This forum taught me a lot and I am glad I was able to give back and helped a lot of people here go to Canada during my time here full time so called gurusmiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibbb: 11:09am On Feb 18, 2019
mcobex:
This can be divided into two
Fund/personal asset: How much was the tuition fee, How much did you have available for your program? Are sponsoring yourself or you have a sponsor (if yes, how much did he/she commited towards your program?).
2. Hometies:
Which of your family members are in Nigeria? Do you or you family have any business or asset in Nigeria?
Answer these questions so I can give my little understanding of the situation.

(1) Fund available @ 65k USD.
Am not sponsoring maself, gat a sponsor who is committed to pay tuition fees and living expenses abt $27k (Estimated).

(2) All my Family members are here in naija.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soso98: 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2019
042viber12:

Oh no dear. I mean i ₫ont have a degree yet. Just waec certificate. I just completed 20..i left high school in 2015..i was given a college program to upgrade my biology for 4 months before i can be moved to nursing
I think u need the recommendation letter from your uncle who is a doctor or medical practitioner I believe stating what he saw in you that made u choose a course in nursing..that will help u out in your sop wen u are explaining why u wana do nursing wen u already have a Bsc in biology..

Wat u need from your bro is an affidavit of sponsorship stating why he is sponsoring, how much he will commit in sponsoring u..

U don't really need to tell the VO about your mum's health issues cos they(VO) might also see that as a reason to deny u saying u should stay and take care of your mum..just try and explain wat u have been doing since u graduated(the study gap)..

If u don't have any inheritable property that will bring u back, then your mum, snr bro and 2 brothers can serve as your home ties... thats my 2cent

Was it a 2.1 or 2.2 u had in your Bsc..if it's a 2.1, den u don't need to go for a college program but rather Masters program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2019
Hello,

I applied for Masters program for the Fall 2019 in the university of Saskatchewan, I graduated with a CGPA of 4.74 of 5.0 in my last two years and overall CGPA of 4.47 of 5.0. I have also gotten a potential supervisor with the department and I also mentioned his name in my application. And my potential supervisor is the graduate chair for the department I applied to.

Please, how certain is my admission for the Fall term and when likely will decision be made also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dan1936: 12:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
Please guru's in the house
Help me oh please

Can someone send me the link to track my passport...i submitted it for stamp and I need to track it.[quote author=Soso98 post=75853653][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2019
@Schonebaby.

Please, I applied for Masters program for the Fall 2019 in the university of Saskatchewan, I graduated with a CGPA of 4.74 of 5.0 in my last two years and overall CGPA of 4.47 of 5.0. I have also gotten a potential supervisor with the department and I also mentioned his name in my application. And my potential supervisor is the graduate chair for the department I applied to.

Please, how certain is my admission for the Fall term and when likely will decision be made also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tvickie(f): 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2019
Hello everyone,
Pls who knows the process of applying for the umgf scholarship for university of Manitoba. Will I be the one to apply or my supervisor. If it’s my supervisor, will I have to ask her to apply for me ? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

My Attorney General Jeremy, you alone know why I address you with such prominent title. I regret to hear about the ugly incident report of your long awaited application. Verily, During your reign was a remarkable and a notable one on this great thread. Within you was a strong desire to assist others to achieve their goals, a proper and commendable desire with reasonable promptness.

We have exchanged stupendous knowledge over the years on this reputable platform and have debated on several occasions on the account of proffering solutions to queries pasted here by prospective applicants. Merrily, what an enjoyable and delightful experience we had!. I wish you the very best in all your endeavors and in your new business adventure. Always remember you've got a family here and try in your little capacity to pay visit during your spare time.

Stay safe My Attorney General.

Regards,
frankrobben1

Frankrobben, the Gentleman and Revolutionary!!! We indeed exchanged stupendous knowledge over the years. I certainly thank God for your life. We went, we saw and we conquered for good and humanity. In life, the greatest acts of goodwill and benevolence are not necessary reaped by the doers, but by others. I stay confident though that God will visit us in his own timing. I stay committed to the process and engaged and will come from time to time to dole out nuggets of wisdom learnt in the real world. It has been a privilege.

Your humble Attorney firing brimstone and fire from the mountains of Plateau.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2019
Ayodeji787:
@Schonebaby.

Please, I applied for Masters program for the Fall 2019 in the university of Saskatchewan, I graduated with a CGPA of 4.74 of 5.0 in my last two years and overall CGPA of 4.47 of 5.0. I have also gotten a potential supervisor with the department and I also mentioned his name in my application. And my potential supervisor is the graduate chair for the department I applied to.

Your chances are very good of admission. But not a guaranteed because their are other students from around the world vying for the same seat. You can stand out by the strength of your essay and recommendation received on your behalf. Decisions are been made as we speak.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
jnyuwa02:

Your chances are very good of admission. But not a guaranteed because their are other students from around the world vying for the same seat. You can stand out by the strength of your essay and recommendation received on your behalf. Decisions are been made as we speak.

@jnyuwa02 Thank you very much. It was even him that sent me a request via email asking have I secured a graduate student position yet, that if not, he is considering taking me as additional student into his lab? Then I called him on phone and he replied me after the call via email that I should arrange for formal application to be submitted and he will be nominating me for a scholarship too. So after I submitted my application, I called him I am done and He said he will get back to me as soon as he reviews my application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josade69: 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2019
lonelydude:
Please, if you are interested in the SOP, kindly send me a PM so that I can respond directly through mail.

You are blessed.
I've sent you a PM boss, I'm interested in the SOP. Thanks my mail is josade69@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
vibbb:
Thanks so much, My sponsor commitment includes tuition fees and living expenses, estimated value of abt $25k.
I also included my personal saving acct statement + investment.

Cool, try and work on your SOP this time.
NB: Hope you have ordered for your gcms file? It is very important as well, cos it will show the real reasons why your app was delayed. @Austeenpee also suggested same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibbb: 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2019
mcobex:
Cool, try and work on your SOP this time.
NB: Hope you have ordered for your gcms file? It is very important as well, cos it will show the real reasons why your app was delayed. @Austeenpee also suggested same

Yes. This is my GCMS report:
Previous travel not sufficiently demonstrated. Considering relevance of program, applicant’s travel history, available assets/funds, family ties and reasons to return to home country for general establishment in the home country. Given the PA’s assets /available funds I am not, satisfied it is logical given the cost of studying in Canada. I am not satisfied the course of study makes sense given PA’s history and education which leads to concerns the PA’s is leveraging the SP program as an entry to Canada and not for academic reasons. I am not satisfied that PA’s is sufficiently established to motivate them to leave CDA at the end of an authorized stay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 18, 2019
I am not too sure, but i think you will be the one to make the application. From what I read on this forum this UMGF starts counting from year 2..
Have you bin admitted

Tvickie:
Hello everyone,
Pls who knows the process of applying for the umgf scholarship for university of Manitoba. Will I be the one to apply or my supervisor. If it’s my supervisor, will I have to ask her to apply for me ? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tvickie(f): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
No not yet
Juleskiki:
I am not too sure, but i think you will be the one to make the application. From what I read on this forum this UMGF starts counting from year 2..
Have you bin admitted

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2019
nonipeter:
Good morning frank please I have finished applying for University in Canada please I don't know the method to pay my application fee. I don't know which bank and method to pay it please help me out

Hi nonipeter,

Use your Naira Master Card to complete payment. Preferably First Bank, Access Bank, Sterling bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CodeBlooded: 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
Pls is there anyone on this thread that has successfully applied to university of Victoria or has idea about it. Kindly notify pls. I need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
CodeBlooded:
Pls is there anyone on this thread that has successfully applied to university of Victoria or has idea about it. Kindly notify pls. I need help

Yes, I applied to UVic for PhD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
jnyuwa02:

Frankrobben, the Gentleman and Revolutionary!!! We indeed exchanged stupendous knowledge over the years. I certainly thank God for your life. We went, we saw and we conquered for good and humanity. In life, the greatest acts of goodwill and benevolence are not necessary reaped by the doers, but by others. I stay confident though that God will visit us in his own timing. I stay committed to the process and engaged and will come from time to time to dole out nuggets of wisdom learnt in the real world. It has been a privilege.

Your humble Attorney firing brimstone and fire from the mountains of Plateau.

"Wise are thy words, attorney," A wise saying indeed! You speak with true inspiration, and bringeth to my mind a new assimilation.

As for time, all men have their own time and clock in abundance. Our purpose is wise and our ambition honourable.

Soft-heartedly, hoping someday the Almighty would recognize our worthy deeds and confer upon us outstanding success. Thanks for the kind words and elite wishes. I look forward to seeing more of you on this window.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by geoyinka: 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2019
Many thanks... I will do as advised
Naijaforeigner:

(1) The logical thing should be continuing along the banking career as a student (easy to explain and saves you the stress of justifying why you are going back to something you abandoned seven years ago). If you go via the geology route, how do you convince the VO after seven years of been away from school? I am not saying it is impossible, I am just saying it will be harder to convince the VO.

(2) Use your own account since you have been working for close to seven years and then use your wife's account or family members account as a support account. There is nothing wrong in using two accounts. I know someone who is married with kids, used his own account plus uncles account and got his visa .

(3) Yes your wife, kids, land are strong ties.

Bro you should be applying via PR route (your age seems ok). When you get your PR, the government will even give your kids money. Don't waste money trying to study as an international student. Your profile is good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by geoyinka: 10:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
Many thanks boss....will do as adviced

Naijaforeigner:

(1) The logical thing should be continuing along the banking career as a student (easy to explain and saves you the stress of justifying why you are going back to something you abandoned seven years ago). If you go via the geology route, how do you convince the VO after seven years of been away from school? I am not saying it is impossible, I am just saying it will be harder to convince the VO.

(2) Use your own account since you have been working for close to seven years and then use your wife's account or family members account as a support account. There is nothing wrong in using two accounts. I know someone who is married with kids, used his own account plus uncles account and got his visa .

(3) Yes your wife, kids, land are strong ties.

Bro you should be applying via PR route (your age seems ok). When you get your PR, the government will even give your kids money. Don't waste money trying to study as an international student. Your profile is good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gudnews212: 11:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
Josade69:

I've sent you a PM boss, I'm interested in the SOP. Thanks my mail is josade69@gmail.com

Please, I am interested.This is my email : kingsleycream@gmail,com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
Greetings to everyone!
Thanks for your great work here.
Please I would like to migrate to Canada through the federal skilled workers program. Also, i was denied visa twice at the US embassy last year 2018: though I deferred my admission to fall 2019 to give it a final shot. My sponsor recently suggested that I should try Canada either for studies or their skilled migration program. I had a cgpa of 2.05/5.00 Nigeria and the in US equivalent of 2.70 WES evaluation(ICAP course by course evaluation), and a GRE score of 279, AW 3.0 respectively. Please guys do you think my score can get me admission for M.Eng program in a Canadian university? or do you advice I go for the skilled migration workers program? I started reading this thread today but I sincerely need to be guided on which part is better for me based on my profile. And hope my US visa denial won't affect my chances in either path?
Please help a brother so that I will know what to tell my sponsor.
Thanks in anticipation for your favorable response(s).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 2:18am On Feb 19, 2019
BigUgo21:
Greetings to everyone!
Thanks for your great work here.
Please I would like to migrate to Canada through the federal skilled workers program. Also, i was denied visa twice at the US embassy last year 2018: though I deferred my admission to fall 2019 to give it a final shot. My sponsor recently suggested that I should try Canada either for studies or their skilled migration program. I had a cgpa of 2.05/5.00 Nigeria and the in US equivalent of 2.70 WES evaluation(ICAP course by course evaluation), and a GRE score of 279, AW 3.0 respectively. Please guys do you think my score can get me admission for M.Eng program in a Canadian university? or do you advice I go for the skilled migration workers program? I started reading this thread today but I sincerely need to be guided on which part is better for me based on my profile. And hope my US visa denial won't affect my chances in either path?
Please help a brother so that I will know what to tell my sponsor.
Thanks in anticipation for your favorable response(s).

Can you get Masters admission with your CGPA in Canada, I doubt it but NOT impossible (nothing is impossible). You should try colleges.

Should you apply via the federal skilled workers program? If you have what it takes, why not?

Your USA Visa delay does not affect your Canada application if;

(1) When asked in your application, you tell the truth and don't hide anything
(2) You were not banned
(3) You were not denied based on criminal activities.

P.S if you fit into the skilled workers migration program, you should go for that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soso98: 2:27am On Feb 19, 2019
Hello. Pls i need your help
Emmyirab:

We have a similar profile.
I can help with the SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gbp2020: 6:56am On Feb 19, 2019
Hi everyone, I've been following you guys please I need to ask some questions I want to apply for PGD in Canada but I don't meet some schools requirements because of my low cgpa 2.06 in sociology, do you think I can still get admission or should I apply for undergraduate? I did my waec in 2009 but how I explain my education gap and what have been doing in my SOP, I'm in 2nd half of my NYSC and I'll be 29 in September. Will it affect me please I need your advice for God sake. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CodeBlooded: 6:57am On Feb 19, 2019
zsuby:

Yes, I applied to UVic for PhD.
Thanks
Pls I already sent a mail to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 7:40am On Feb 19, 2019
Austacus:

Sorry, ma'am for the refusal,
You have a very good application
First and foremost, I am glad you've already ordered for your Gcms note (that's a smart move from you)
As you wait for the Gcms to be available please check out for Oga frank post, you will see where he explained how to tackle purpose of visit.

Now, I will assure you that if you liquidate your fixed deposit account and add with your personal account...
personal assets and Financial Status will be waived
Where you have to work on is your purpose of visit
As you wait for your Gcms, please start tackling your purpose of visit poco a poco until you get the Gcms note ( then you finalize everything).
When your gcms note is ready, Please endeavor to reach me so that we will tackle it together, or rather you can post it here for peeps to help you.

You have a very good supporting documents, so I will say the expectation was kinda high from the VO, alas the closing balance is low which to me, I will say the VO was a kinda disappointed cause of the low closing balance with such huge transaction history and investment.
But I assure you. If you liquidate your fixed deposit, trust me the personal assets and financial status will be waived (you already have remarkable investments, please remove the fixed deposit)
I am not saying fixed deposit is not a good investment but it's unfortunate these VOs are more interested in seeing the liquid cash than any investment. But in your case, I will advise you to liquidate your fixed deposit.

Note: bringing out all these documents doesn't show any desperation, you brought out what you have, so don't remove anything in your next application, I will only advice you on your fixed deposit for now.

PS: this is my own opinion

When you're into business especially real estate, sometimes, low closing balance is kinda normal,
But the VOs won't see it this way

Bless you

Pls I will also need ur advice. I submitted my application last year July 22nd via online routine. Yet the application is still on process. 7 months a ago now but when it was Aug 2018 after some weeks I submitted. I got a call frm my bank "Stanbic" that the Canada embassy do contacted them regarding my statement of account but they have proof everything to them. So since then have been waiting for good news but nothing happen yet so I am confused. I wrote them and they sent mail back to me Jan 2nd 2019 but they said my application still on process that they will contact me once they concluded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by limosodiq(m): 8:33am On Feb 19, 2019
Hello house, I'm new here, I av a bsc 2:1 geolgy, and Msc 65% geolgy (applied geophysics) here in Nigeria, I want to proceed to PhD in Canada, I ll like to know d best school in this field, plus schools fees info for PhD likely scholarship and funding assistance etc, working towards September application

Please ease and please!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 19, 2019
Snillous:

Pls I will also need ur advice. I submitted my application last year July 22nd via online routine. Yet the application is still on process. 7 months a ago now but when it was Aug 2018 after some weeks I submitted. I got a call frm my bank "Stanbic" that the Canada embassy do contacted them regarding my statement of account but they have proof everything to them. So since then have been waiting for good news but nothing happen yet so I am confused. I wrote them and they sent mail back to me Jan 2nd 2019 but they said my application still on process that they will contact me once they concluded.

U are not alone...applied July 18...nothing yet...is your application on eligibility review or background check? Cos I have been on eligibility review for 3months now

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.