Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (869135 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2019
Sorry for saying this but this thread is looking more like people seeking and looking for how to gain admission. I thought this was a student visa thread...I need approval alerts or medicals mail has dropped...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dan1936: 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
Please who is going to royal roads university and have gotten his/her visa?

Soso98:
@frankrobbn pls can you give me an idea of SOP I can write for a college prep..it’s like a one year pre degree before I apply for practical nursing when I’m able to upgrade my biology ..pls help.im at cross roads
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
But 042viber12 you can still help us. You were once in the stage we are now. Travel Approvals will begin to drop and yours will drop soon Sir

Amahjosh:
Hello gurus in the house.
Good day

Still on the Visa process, I have some few questions to ask

1) My sponsor is a Paternal Uncle of mine the same town but not the same village. My DAD and my Sponsor are cousins, their parents are siblings, how can i draw a family tree to prove this and on which document will i do this?

2) My sponsor has not in any way before transferred any funds to me. He is about to pay my First year tuition fee from his account, Is this a red flag

3) And what documents will i ask from my sponsor to show and convince the VO that he wants to sponsor me?

4) And what visa route will you I used during my Visa application to fast track the process, Paper or Online route.

5) A friend in Canada is advising me to apply to university get an Undergraduate admit, that the likelihood of getting visa approval is high with a university than my admit from Post graduate Diploma in George Brown College(GBC). I could not apply for a direct masters because of my low cgpa 2.2 (3.24/5), So i applied to GBC and got admitted and now this advice from my friend is getting me confuse. Please help a brother here.

Cc, Frankrobbn1 and other gurus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2019
Amahjosh:
Hello gurus in the house.
Good day

Still on the Visa process, I have some few questions to ask

1) My sponsor is a Paternal Uncle of mine the same town but not the same village. My DAD and my Sponsor are cousins, their parents are siblings, how can i draw a family tree to prove this and on which document will i do this?

2) My sponsor has not in any way before transferred any funds to me. He is about to pay my First year tuition fee from his account, Is this a red flag

3) And what documents will i ask from my sponsor to show and convince the VO that he wants to sponsor me?

4) And what visa route will you I used during my Visa application to fast track the process, Paper or Online route.

5) A friend in Canada is advising me to apply to university get an Undergraduate admit, that the likelihood of getting visa approval is high with a university than my admit from Post graduate Diploma in George Brown College(GBC). I could not apply for a direct masters because of my low cgpa 2.2 (3.24/5), So i applied to GBC and got admitted and now this advice from my friend is getting me confuse. Please help a brother here.

Cc, Frankrobbn1 and other gurus

Hi Amahjosh,

In respect to your questions, please find the following answers below:

1-) You have to draw a family tree that will encapsulate how your father and his cousin (uncle) is related. First, you have to start by demonstrating the relationship between your grandfather and your (sponsor's) grandfather with the rest of the family members down to your generation. See attached at the last page of this post a copy of a family tree you can use it as guide when constructing yours. While doing this, try as much as you can to establish a strong proof of relationship between you and your sponsor, by including your father's age declaration, int'l passport bio data page and sponsor int'l passport bio data page.

2-) Having your sponsor to pay for your tuition fees from his account isn't a red flag to your visa application rather it gives a practical exhibition that funds will be accessible and available to you the principal applicant. It further goes a long way to show your sponsor (uncle) financial commitment, genuineness and eagerness to finance your study in Canada.

3-) These are the list of DOCUMENTS you need from your sponsor (uncle).

4-) BREAK DOWN BETWEEN ONLINE ROUTE AND PAPER ROUTE

i)The online route no one will correct your mistakes like it is done on paper route whereby VFS workers will make sure your papers are complete and arranged accordingly before submission.

ii) If you have close access to a scanner and a desktop/system, online route would be your best choice. Bear in mind that you will need to compress and merge the documents to 4MB before you can be able to upload them on your MyCIC account and also have your Naira debit card handy in order to complete payment. On the other hand, the paper route you are to pay at the counter in the VFS office.

III) The online route, upon successful submission of your application, you will receive a notification a day or 2 days as the case maybe at times might stay up to a week in order to proceed for your biometrics. Whilst, the paper route, you will complete all registrations including biometrics that very day at the VFS office, Afterwards you wait for the outcome of your application.

IV) Finally, Online route cost (65-66k) for first timers. Whereas, paper route goes for (68-69k) for first time applicant.

So it's left for you to decide which best suit you. Be properly guided that none of the above routes (paper and online) have any added advantage to your TRV application.

5-) You will have enormous explanation to give should you opt for a second degree instead of a PGD reasons being that you will have to cover up for your study gaps. What were you up to/doing since you last left highschool until now?. I believe your sole purpose of coming here is to seek for advice. Hence, I will advice you from the wisdom of my experiences which I enjoyed for over the years that you should go ahead and apply for your visa with the PGD acceptance letter from George Brown College(GBC) and explain in your SOP how the program will be beneficial to your career and how it will be translated to your home country for the benefit of others.

I drop my pen!

Best of luck!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mykolalekan: 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2019
Dear Nairalander, Please can anyone advise on how i can sign the family information form IMM 5645. I am filling the form online and i need to sign it as required.

Please urgent assistant needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2019
Emmaokudu:
Good morning Mr. Frank, similar situation here, dad plans to sponsor ,last child and presently his only beneficiary,and we intend to use his business account were is he's the sole signatory to the account, trying to raise funds to be in the range of 12 to 15m between now and May when I would apply, in your opinion, would this suffice as proof of funds?

Sure! It's an adequate proof of funds. In such event, you should also put into consideration the applicant tuition and living expenses, will the presented bank statement be sufficient enough to cater for the applicants first year of study in Canada without any recourse to public funds? On the account that it's sufficient. I would suggest you include a bank reference letter stating that the father is the sole-signatory to the company's account.

Best of luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2019
mykolalekan:
Dear Nairalander, Please can anyone advise on how i can sign the family information form IMM 5645. I am filling the form online and i need to sign it as required.

Online applicants are not required to sign their forms. Upon successful uploading of documents in their various sections, you will be prompted to fill in your name as a signature.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Uzee24: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2019
Mr Frank...sent you a DM, please revert.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2019
alexflint20:
greetings all
please my sponsor stays in d USA...can i used his foreign bank statements and does it have any negative influence to my visa application.

No it doesn't have any negative influence to your visa application. You're certainly eligible to use them (foreign bank statements).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2019
nonipeter:
I have not paid with my debit card but in the screen shot you will see received and in this screen shot that I will send now you will see applications processed and don't know what to do now please advice me

Kindly contact the school admission office to know why your application is showing processed when you've not completed payment. Do that as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Get as many as the shortlisted documents and include them with your application.

Sponsor 1 Documents (Company)
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Article of association and memorandum
3. CAC CERTIFICATE
4. Particulars of directors in the company
5. Tax Clearance Certificate
6. Company bank statements for the past six (6) months.
7. Board Resolution Letter stating that they are fully aware of this sponsorship and approve it.
8. Affidavit of Support

Sponsor 2 Documents (father)
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment
3. Pay slips
4. Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
5. Copy of sponsors international passport
6. Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account.
7. Copy of Sponsor’s landed property
8. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of Sponsor’s landed property
9. Shares or Investment account (Like T/bills) (if any)

Applicant’s Documents
1. Barcode Page & 2 Passport Photographs
2. Document Checklist for a Study Permit (IMM5483E)
3. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E)
4. Family Information form (IMM5645E) or (IMM5707E)
5. Copy of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members OR Birth certificates (Parents and Siblings)
6. University's Unconditional Official Letter of Admission
7. Statement of Purpose
8. Copy of Letter of Employment
9. Copy of Confirmation of Employment
10. Letter of Introduction from Employer
11. Statement of Account (Salary Account) (if any).
12. Employment pay slip.
13. Copy of Birth Certificate
14. Copy of Police Character Certificate
15. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate
16. Copy of Degree Certificate
17. Copy of Certificate of National Service
18. Copy of Transcript of Academic Records
19. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page
20. Copy of family picture. (not compulsory)
21. Resume
22. Professional Certifications (if any)

Since you're using a company sponsorship as primary proof of support, I would suggest you get them to pay part of your tuition fee and transfer the living expenses to your account. This will solve the issue of funds accessibility and availability that might be raised by the visa officer.

Best of luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maestro001: 5:20pm On Feb 21, 2019
@frankrobbn1....you have been doing a wonderful job here on this thread and may God enrich your wisdom abundantly;you are indeed a nugget of wisdom.

In the meantime,can I send you a PM??

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by agofineboy: 5:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hello gurus,

So happy since I heard of this site...

Please I have some complicated problems but before then lemme give you the background of my problem;

1. I graduated 2014 with Education Chemistry 2.2
2. I am currently in Germany studying a management course (Bachelor degree)
3. Am 29yrs old

My questions is as follow;

1. Will engaging in another BSC not limit my chance since I can't do MSC cos of my grade?

2. Where is best to apply from, Nigeria or Germany (Germany application takes 5 weeks)

3. How do I align my story and which course is best to apply for?

Thanks and anticipating a response please.

PS: I want to leave Germany due to lots of personal reason.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
Seems like nothing z happening atm o
042viber12:
Sorry for saying this but this thread is looking more like people seeking and looking for how to gain admission. I thought this was a student visa thread...I need approval alerts or medicals mail has dropped...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
nonipeter:
I have not paid with my debit card but in the screen shot you will see received and in this screen shot that I will send now you will see applications processed and don't know what to do now please advice me
When you open the application, does it say recieved for the application fee? I think it's normal for it to show processed application once you submit the completed application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 6:07pm On Feb 21, 2019
042viber12:
Me, I have not even applied for admission as I am still waiting for my transcript to be ready.

May God help us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
Sir Frank I want to say a big thank you for this detailed reply and all you do in this forum. The way you share info to newbies like me amaze me. I just believe I owe you something, I owe you a plate of delicious OFE OHA i don't know if you are from the South east. Would love to be your mentee, Have taken it as a duty to read up all your comments in this forum
Please sir will be sending a dm now.

Frankrobbn1:

Hi Amahjosh,

In respect to your questions, please find the following answers below:

1-) You have to draw a family tree that will encapsulate how your father and his cousin (uncle) is related. First, you have to start by demonstrating the relationship between your grandfather and your (sponsor's) grandfather with the rest of the family members down to your generation. See attached at the last page of this post a copy of a family tree you can use it as guide when constructing yours. While doing this, try as much as you can to establish a strong proof of relationship between you and your sponsor, by including your father's age declaration, int'l passport bio data page and sponsor int'l passport bio data page.

2-) Having your sponsor to pay for your tuition fees from his account isn't a red flag to your visa application rather it gives a practical exhibition that funds will be accessible and available to you the principal applicant. It further goes a long way to show your sponsor (uncle) financial commitment, genuineness and eagerness to finance your study in Canada.

3-) These are the list of DOCUMENTS you need from your sponsor (uncle).

4-) BREAK DOWN BETWEEN ONLINE ROUTE AND PAPER ROUTE

i)The online route no one will correct your mistakes like it is done on paper route where VFS workers will make sure your papers are complete and arranged accordingly before submission.

ii) If you have access to a scanner and a desktop/system, online route is okay. Bear in mind, you will need to compress and merge your documents to 4MB before you can be able to upload them on your MyCIC account and also have your Naira debit card handy in order to complete payment. On the other hand, the paper route you are to pay at the counter in the VFS office.

III) The online route, upon successful submission of your application, you will receive a notification a day or 2 days as the case maybe at times might stay up to a week to proceed for your biometrics. Whilst, the paper route, you will complete everything that very day at the VFS office, then wait for the outcome of your application.

IV) Finally, Online route is cost (65-66k) for first timers. Whereas, paper route cost (68-69k) for first time applicant.

So it's left for you to decide which best suit you. Be properly guided that none of the above routes (paper and online) have any added advantage to your TRV application.

5-) You will have enormous explanation to give should you opt for a second degree instead of a PGD reasons being that you will have to cover up for your study gaps. What were you up to/doing since you last left highschool until now?. I believe your sole purpose of coming here is to seek for advice. Hence, I will advice you from the wisdom of my experiences which I enjoyed for over the years that you should go ahead and apply for your visa with the PGD acceptance letter from George Brown College(GBC) and explain in your SOP how the program will be beneficial to your career and how it will be translated to your home country for the benefit of others.

I drop my pen!

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soso98: 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soso98: 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2019
@frankrobbn pls can you give me an idea of SOP I can write for a college prep..it’s like a one year pre degree before I apply for practical nursing when I’m able to upgrade my biology ..pls help.im at cross roads

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2019
Great work you doing @frankrobben,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Blessedness456: 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
sleekysoft:
Great work you doing @frankrobben,

Please I sent you a dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pinky16: 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=75951121]

Congratulations on your acceptance and funding. First, you have to start by gathering the list of these
DOCUMENTS FOR A FAMILY APPLICATION. Secondly, should you have any further question along the line, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Best of Luck.

Thanks for your kind response.

Please, do I need to write another SOP for the visa application or same that I submitted to my school before gaining admission.
Secondly, my total funding is about 18.780 CAD per annum...do I still need to provide account statement. Can it cover for me and my spouse? If not, like how much should we have in our accounts to qualify.

Also, my spouse is a lawyer, will his/her stamp/seal or call certificate substitute for all those company documents. Then, the visa application fee will it be paid double(husband and wife) or as a single applicant for couple.Then what are the picture size to print, and what background colour shoul the digital passport be?

Finally, what is pay stubs for four months. (Stubs of what precisely) and what are the CIC documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chidoo1234: 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2019
Please house I have 3.34 cgpa, can I get any university in Canada for my msc. My bsc course was chemistry. Please I need your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by agofineboy: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2019
Someone should please help me... I need an idea...
agofineboy:
Hello gurus,

Please I have some complicated problems but before then lemme give you the background of my problem;

3. Am 29yrs old

1. Will engaging in another BSC not limit my chance since I can't do MSC cos of my grade?

2. Where is best to apply from, Nigeria or Germany (Germany application takes 5 weeks)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2019
Stevenssen:

Me, I have not even applied for admission as I am still waiting for my transcript to be ready.

May God help us all.

That shouldn't take so long to be ready...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
agofineboy:
Hello gurus,

3. Am 29yrs old

If u want to leave, it's best u do den apply for visa from here...but on applying for visa from here, u need to explain why u left for Bsc in Germany and returned home to apply for a study visa to Canada ( wen this will arise is wen u start explaining wat u have been doing since u finished your 1st bsc...though it's tough to see universities that offer 2.2 applicants masters degree, it's only colleges u might need to apply to.. u can Google university that probably would accept the 2.2...look for courses related to Chemistry Education...u need to explain why u choose the course...no1 is in the right position to tell u exactly wat u need to say but u..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2019
mykolalekan:

Online applicants dont need to sign...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ajasa4link: 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
Engr2000:

Guy,

Why don't you try Express Entry...it's better Jare you have the requires experience! At worst you get a PGD here to boost your point... That's the route I took sha and I got my COPR.

Secondly, if your are going for School, don't do GIS. Please go to for a marketable course like Power Engineering, Software Engineering or Nursing...

Best of Luck

Bro I just sent u a pm. Kindly respond I will need Ur help on few clarifications on this Canadian journey. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Samolala2019: 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
Good day house,

Am about to apply for my student Visa. I have registered and filled the questionnaire on CIC website. My challenge now are;
1. I did not see the document checklists.
2. It is not possible for me to type my details on the various forms downloaded.

Please, how do l go about these?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ronkyjo: 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hello Gurus,
I need your advice on gap issue. I finished secondary school in 2017, gained admission to university that same year. 2018 I applied to Canada university and was given admission to UM, but was refused visa twice and applied the 3rd time with the hope of resuming in winter 2019 . But , cic requested for new letter of acceptance because school refused my deferral saying I have used all the three terms and asked to re apply. I re applied and issue of gap emerged and I informed them about the university I am attending in Nigeria. For confirmation the school admission letter was sent to Manitoba, they later requested for transcript which was also sent to them, both hard and soft copy and it was updated on my student portal. My file was moved away from University 1 to advance entry because I had done more than 24 credit.
Sine I didn’t like the course I am doing , likewise the school I opted out to focus on my admission to Canada. I only spend One year at that school. But UM is asking me to supply this last semester result which is first semester of 2018/2019 which I was not part of and also to supply them the list of second semester courses before my admission can be concluded. How do I reply them, hope they will not be angry if I tell them I opted out and that I only spend one session 2017/2018 and I have already sent the transcript for that. Please help it’s urgent! !!
Sorry I didn’t tell you that CIC have been informed about my re applied and also I have submitted the medical and it’s confirmed passed. All what is remain is letter of acceptance from UM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:23am On Feb 22, 2019
Uzee24:
Mr Frank...sent you a DM, please revert.

Hello Uzee24,

I will respond at my own pace. Thanks for your patience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:32am On Feb 22, 2019
Maestro001:
@frankrobbn1....you have been doing a wonderful job here on this thread and may God enrich your wisdom abundantly;you are indeed a nugget of wisdom.

In the meantime,can I send you a PM??
Hello Maestro001,

Thank you for your kind words and prayers. I say a big AMEN to them all. Yes, you're certainly free to PM me, and I will respond at my convenient time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.