Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866012 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 5:50am On Feb 24, 2019
That age is easier to take care of over there because s/he is of school age and some institutions have daycare and primary schools. Information on how it works can be gotten from your schools international office.
As for not being married to the father,
you need to show proof of sole custody of the child at every step in your journey by
either
1) getting consent letters from him too;
a) get an international passport for the child
b) apply for Visa and
C) to cross borders with the child

2) court papers will be necessary

3) if he is dead show his death certificate, your marriage certificate and etc.

I guess this is useful.

Ormohlawlah:

What if the child is 5years old and the mother isn't married?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 5:51am On Feb 24, 2019
That age is easier to take care of over there because s/he is of school age and some institutions have daycare and primary schools. Information on how it works can be gotten from your school's international students office.
you need to show proof of sole custody of the child at every step in your journey by
either
b) apply for Visa and

I guess this is useful.

Ormohlawlah:

What if the child is 5years old and the mother isn't married?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 7:38am On Feb 24, 2019
chibertha:
That age is easier to take care of over there because s/he is of school age and some institutions have daycare and primary schools. Information on how it works can be gotten from your school's international students office.
either
b) apply for Visa and

I guess this is useful.

What I meant is,will it be a red flag if the mom decides to apply alone?
Frank was responding to a mom who has a 2year old,that's why I asked if a mom with a 5year old can leave her child behind or if it'll be a red flag during her own application (probably apply for him after getting her visa).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hardeholar1(m): 8:51am On Feb 24, 2019
Thanks so Much Frank, so instance my school certificate and transcript does not need notarization
But my affidavit of support, as well as my landed property will have since it does not bear a official logo thanks boss
Frankrobbn1:

Documents that are meant to be notarized are documents that doesn't bear an official stamp or signature. Supposing your documents have this, you don't necessarily need to notarize them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imade1: 10:46am On Feb 24, 2019
Hello pls can someone help review this
imade1:
Good evening my pple,
Still on the visa process, its not easy ooo, let me highlight my plight here

* my school has sent me a deadline may 1 to send my visa application proof to dem, smh as if dey will help in my visa process

* ok my sponsor is an uncle (20m+ fixed deposit account, also paid my tuition deposit too though

* ve worked in several places since after my nysc but want to use just two places dat are related to my cox as my cognitive experience which is an oil company and npower as a geography teacher

*AN agent which is my sponsors frnd said I should present my appointment letter and d statement of account where I receive npower payment which is wat I do currently, don't knw if this will pull thru cox no much money in it

*will b applying next week and b4 den more questions will pop in yl prepare my papers

Thanks � � �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imade1: 10:47am On Feb 24, 2019
@mr frank and mr 02 Viber pls can I privately send my SOP to u for review plssssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Julbu(m): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2019
Austacus:

If you eventually get the Ph.D. in nursing admission which am pretty sure it will attract full funding and graduate assistant job then you are super lucky . Keep praying and praying and praying
Ph.D. is a sure bet for visa
8 out of 10 usually get their visa approved within weeks
I am 100% sure

I also applied for same program... We may share ideas.. Please kindly mail me with maitjulius@yahoo.com or send me ur mail address pls... I don't know how to private chat people on nairaland yet pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Claraben: 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2019
Julbu:

I also applied for same program... We may share ideas.. Please kindly mail me with maitjulius@yahoo.com or send me ur mail address pls... I don't know how to private chat people on nairaland yet pls

@ Julbu, I have emailed you. Reviewing of my transcripts are on going at the moment as they have been communicating with me through emails.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cestmoi1(f): 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2019
I'm glad I stumbled on this thread and it's been an eye opener. Please, I want to ask if it's compulsory to have a sponsor before applying for a visa because as it is now. I'll be sponsoring myself, I don't have anyone to use as a sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by harveygordon: 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2019
Hi everyone, Please I need answers to some questions

I have a friend who is 25years of age and had a BSc degree. However, he is planning on starting another BSc degree in Canada. Please what are his chances of getting TRV?

Secondly, according to him he said his parents are willing to support him throughout his first year in school for a 4year course but afterwards he will be on his own. How feasible is it for him to work and save enough to pay for his tuition fee through remainder of the 3years?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Olashile147: 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2019
Is there anyone that cab recommend a good school where I can pursuit masters in public administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
Omonoba1981:

But it doesn't seem USask has master in Nursing

USASK MASTER'S OF NURSING PROGRAM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2019
Ormohlawlah:

What I meant is,will it be a red flag if the mom decides to apply alone?
Frank was responding to a mom who has a 2year old,that's why I asked if a mom with a 5year old can leave her child behind or if it'll be a red flag during her own application (probably apply for him after getting her visa).

It will not be a red flag for a mom to leave her 5 years old child behind. She can state in her SOP that while she is away for studies, her mother-in-law will take the responsibility to look after her child until her return to Nigeria. With that said, this is simply to prove to the visa officer that she has sufficient ties to her home country and will depart at the end of her authorized visit. When she finally gets her TRV approved, she can possibly apply for a TRV so the child can accompany her to Canada. Consequentially, this approach may not work for a mother with a 2 year old baby because the child is a toddler and will absolutely require motherly care and attention, hence why I recommended she apply together with the baby and provide sufficient proof of financial support for the child as well as adequate ties that can compel their return home after authorized stay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2019
hardeholar1:
Thanks so Much Frank, so instance my school certificate and transcript does not need notarization
But my affidavit of support, as well as my landed property will have since it does not bear a official logo thanks boss

You don't need to notarize your degree certificate and transcripts. Yes! Affidavit of support and landed property documents that doesn't bear an official stamp or signature can be notarized at the notary public.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2019
Cestmoi1:
I'm glad I stumbled on this thread and it's been an eye opener. Please, I want to ask if it's compulsory to have a sponsor before applying for a visa because as it is now. I'll be sponsoring myself, I don't have anyone to use as a sponsor.

Its not mandatory that you must have a sponsor prior to applying for a Canadian study visa. You can be a self-sponsored applicant provided that you've adequate funds for the entire duration of stay in Canada which includes your tuition and living expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
Olashile147:
Is there anyone that cab recommend a good school where I can pursuit masters in public administration

University of Saskatchewan

Dalhousie University

University of Western Ontario

Ryerson University

Queen's University

University of Manitoba and

University of Victoria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It will not be a red flag for a mom to leave her 5 years old child behind. She can state in her SOP that while she is away for studies, her mother-in-law will take the responsibility to look after her child until her return to Nigeria. With that said, this is simply to prove to the visa officer that she has sufficient ties to her home country and will depart at the end of her authorized visit. When she finally gets her TRV approved, she can possibly apply for a TRV so the child can accompany her to Canada. Consequentially, this approach may not work for a mother with a 2 year old baby because the child is a toddler and will absolutely require motherly care and attention, hence why I recommended she apply together with the baby and provide sufficient proof of financial support for the child as well as adequate ties that can compel their return home after authorized stay.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2019
harveygordon:
Hi everyone, Please I need answers to some questions

I have a friend who is 25years of age and had a BSc degree. However, he is planning on starting another BSc degree in Canada. Please what are his chances of getting TRV?

Secondly, according to him he said his parents are willing to support him throughout his first year in school for a 4year course but afterwards he will be on his own. How feasible is it for him to work and save enough to pay for his tuition fee through remainder of the 3years?

Your friend should go for a direct Master's program rather than a second degree as this will be his sporting chance of securing a Canadian study visa. More so, it will be very difficult for him as an international student to toil for 20hrs/week (as imposed by IRCC for every int'l students) and save enough to cater for his tuition fees and living expenses while schooling in Canada. He will certainly require the assistance of his guardian/sponsor for financial support especially his exorbitant int'l tuition fees.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2019
imade1:
@mr frank and mr 02 Viber pls can I privately send my SOP to u for review plssssss

Hello Imade1,

Are you in a hurry to submit this application? If so, I am sorry I may not be able to assist in vetting this letter as there are so many letters plied-up from prospective applicants which I am yet to review. You may want to transfer this letter to other knowledgeable individuals here to help you with it.

I hope you understand my situation. I strongly apologize for any inconveniences this might cause you. Thanks for your understanding!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Twins20: 10:54pm On Feb 24, 2019
Hi everyone

Please can someone help me on how to write Statements of purpose for Mun masters in computer science. I graduated with second class upper with my twin brother in computer science but we have never worked, still serving so we don’t know if that would make Mun refuse our application.

Or better still l, do we stand a chance of getting masters admission at Mun?

Thanks �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2019
Twins20:
Hi everyone

Please can someone help me on how to write Statements of purpose for Mun masters in computer science. I graduated with second class upper with my twin brother in computer science but we have never worked, still serving so we don’t know if that would make Mun refuse our application.

Or better still l, do we stand a chance of getting masters admission at Mun?

Thanks �

Welcome to thread,

You can start by searching for samples of graduate studies computer science SOP's through the internet. By so doing also try to avoid plagiarism. Additionally, MUN will not reject your application for admission on the basis that you're a fresh graduate and haven't acquired any relevant working experience in your chosen field of study.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
imade1:

Kindly send...I will do my best to review

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nonipeter: 12:50am On Feb 25, 2019
Hello frank please what is the meaning of this official transcript from school because the University I applied said they need my Official transcript from school is it to meet my secondary school to send it to them through email or me collecting it and send it for them please advise me well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Twins20: 1:51am On Feb 25, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Welcome to thread,

You can start by searching for samples of graduate studies computer science SOP's through the internet. By so doing also try to avoid plagiarism. Additionally, MUN will not reject your application for admission on the basis that you're a fresh graduate and haven't acquired any relevant working experience in your chosen field of study.

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:02am On Feb 25, 2019
nonipeter:
Hello frank please what is the meaning of this official transcript from school because the University I applied said they need my Official transcript from school is it to meet my secondary school to send it to them through email or me collecting it and send it for them please advise me well

Which of the Canada's DLI are you applying to? You sound like a high school diploma holder (WAEC Certification). As a result, What the Canadian institution meant by Final Secondary (High) School Academic Transcript (mark statement) is a copy of the applicant online WAEC result and scratch card. After a careful review of the application, a proof of offical high school diploma certificate (scanned original copy of WAEC RESULT) to be sent via email will suffice. For this reason, you don't need to contact your high school requesting for a transcript to be sent to your proposed university in Canada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Eedric: 8:47am On Feb 25, 2019
Nairaland Forum*
Welcome, Eedric: Edit Profile / SH / FT / FB / L&S / MT / FG / FS / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,192,592 members, 4,780,923 topics. Date: Monday, 25 February 2019 at 07:57 AM / Logout(all)

Please I.need Advice - Travel - Nairaland
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please I.need Advice (69 Views)

Australia Or Dubai, Please I Need Advice / Need Advice On Where To Travel To And Skills To Acquire / Plz I Need Advice Which Europe Country Is Safe To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Un-Follow)

Please I.need Advice by Eedric: 12:07am
My wife for a program in one of the college in Canada of which she has been giving admission to study construction management and I will be going with her as companion but we have been denied visa twice now and due to this denial we requested for gcms note as to details of what really went going with the application and to my greatest surprise what was stated wasn't even different from the points they initially stated.
The points are as follows
Travel history
Purpose of visit
Assets
However,my question is that how would I go about this issue before rasing another application and also I will be attaching a copy of the GCMS NOTE for proper interpretation cos is not really clear to me cos apart from the three points there are some points .
Furthermore, there is place inside the gcms note they said NOTE: THE NAME ON THE APPLICATION
VISITING
PURPOSE
(Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: Please I.need Advice by justwise(m): 6:10am
Post this in Canadian student visa thread
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sammyfrance23: 9:02am On Feb 25, 2019
Hello please is getting a second degree in Canada at age 24 a bad idea?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Eedric: 9:11am On Feb 25, 2019
Hello house if you want to defer your admission what are the procedure and process of doing that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 9:16am On Feb 25, 2019
The hardest thing to do is to wait for a reply from CIC honestly. God help your own.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2019
sammyfrance23:
Hello please is getting a second degree in Canada at age 24 a bad idea?

Why second degree instead of a master's or PGD/C to demonstrate a logical progression.?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2019
Eedric:
Hello house if you want to defer your admission what are the procedure and process of doing that?

There are no set out procedures for admission deferment. Simply write to your proposed university admission office requesting your admission be deferred to the next available term. If you're deferring your admission as a result that your study permit application was rejected, make sure you attach your refusal letter to the mail. Once there is available space for the term, the institution will issue you a fresh acceptance letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Eedric: 10:05am On Feb 25, 2019
Thanks so much and God bless you. Once again if someone want to travel based on visiting as to get his/ her passport disvirgin what was the procedure as well.

There are no set out procedures for admission deferment. Simply write to your proposed university admission office requesting your admission be deferred to the next available term. If you're deferring your admission as a result that your study permit application was rejected, make sure you attach your refusal letter to the mail. Once there is available space for the term, the institution will issue you a fresh acceptance letter.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.