Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865996 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2019
I still don't understand why Fanshawe college makes the use of an agent compulsory when applying to the school. Of what relevance is an agent to Fanshawe sad. !!!

That sch dey vex me !

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 8:45am On Mar 08, 2019
Email them and tell them your first language is English and all your learning was done in English, they should waive it for you! I did that for all my applications and was waived all the time!
Horlamidei:
Am almost on my final stage of my online application submission to Conestoga College for fall semester 2019.

But now am told to provide my English Proficiency Test Scores and supporting documents.

I stay in Abuja and I have none of does supporting documents. How can I go about, please Where can I get it and submit on time so my application can be submitted and processed asap, please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 9:03am On Mar 08, 2019
Hello, when compiling documents for paper route, is my sponsor to give me the original documents or photocopy?
Thanks
Urgent pls famz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 9:04am On Mar 08, 2019
Pls help review this questions as well.
Thank u so much
mzjokky16:
Hello famz,
Can someone pls help with the list of required documents to process my visa.
I'll be using my uncle as my sponsor plus i have 8k cad as funding per annum.
What document do i and my sponsors need to submit?
I'll be thru with my nysc next Thursday 14th of march, and i believe this is good for the application, as a fresh graduate, i stand to be corrected.
Another issue is that my parent are late but i dont want to include it in my sop so that it wont weaken my home ties, plus i have 6 siblings and I'm the first child, i hope this wont be an issue as i wont be submitting my parents birth certificate and why they wont be sponsoring me instead of the sponsor.
Thanks in advance for your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 9:04am On Mar 08, 2019
Holamide reply to Conestoga this way.

Dear Sir/Madam. I am Hollamide, with student no ******* On the list of required documents include 'English language proficiency'. It is well stated on Conestoga application portal that if English is not an applicant's first language the applicant should provide proof of language proficiency. Sir/Madam I am a Nigerian, my first language is English also the language of instruction in all my undergraduate courses and in (your uni) is English language. I believe as a Nigerian, I have the privilege to be exempted from providing English language test result.

Sir/Madam. Kindly intervene into this matter.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obazi: 9:08am On Mar 08, 2019
Please house,if I make use of online submission,how will I submit my originals for verification of documents. Since am not using paper route and what about interview with VO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2019
obazi:
Please house,if I make use of online submission,how will I submit my originals for verification of documents. Since am not using paper route and what about interview with VO

For Canadian visa application, u don't do physical interview...u write an SOP that is your mouth piece.. so which means u need to be convincing and truthful....i think since its online, u scan all your originals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 9:56am On Mar 08, 2019
Scanned copies are usually enough!
obazi:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2019
johnsonsegxy:
Hello house long time, i hope there's progress?

Please i wanna ask this,

When going to submit your documents and biometric are u gonna pay for visa fee along too or is it after visa is approved u pay for visa fee?

Thanks stay blessed!

Who got an answer for this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 10:06am On Mar 08, 2019
You pay immediately.
johnsonsegxy:

Who got an answer for this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2019
Why does it sometimes take so long to receive update even after Medicals done and passed? Anybody with an ideal?

Got request on Feb 7. Done on Feb 20. Passed on Feb 23. Since then.... It's been waiting and all that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 10:19am On Mar 08, 2019
Hello gurus,goodmorning.pls I would like to ask if it's possible to do medicals even if I have not been requested to?I have submitted my paper application already. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 10:19am On Mar 08, 2019
My medical was done March 4th and today is 8th, no update yet!
dedecoder:
Why does it sometimes take so long to receive update even after Medicals done and passed? Anybody with an ideal?

Got request on Feb 7. Done on Feb 20. Passed on Feb 23. Since then.... It's been waiting and all that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 10:28am On Mar 08, 2019
Asapant:
I still don't understand why Fanshawe college makes the use of an agent compulsory when applying to the school. Of what relevance is an agent to Fanshawe sad. !!!

That sch dey vex me !

I honestly dont know why they use agents but the good thing is you will be refunded your 100CAD when you get your visa. It goes into your school account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 10:28am On Mar 08, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
Hello gurus,goodmorning.pls I would like to ask if it's possible to do medicals even if I have not been requested to?I have submitted my paper application already. Thank you

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Questionner: 10:29am On Mar 08, 2019
dedecoder:

Same here...got medical request Feb 5, did test Feb 18 and passed on Feb 22.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Yes
Ok...thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Horlamidei(m): 10:51am On Mar 08, 2019
Asapant:

That sch dey vex me !

Not only you oh! Very very annoying!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:00am On Mar 08, 2019
Mofpearl:
Am I allowed to grieve here? I think I messed up my interview for Dalhousie. cry . There goes my choice university.
I know this isn't the topic of the thread. @ tvickie, please lend me your shoulders let me cry small.

What went wrong?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 11:00am On Mar 08, 2019
How long e take wey Conestoga give you offer letter ?
Horlamidei:

Not only you oh! Very very annoying!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Horlamidei(m): 11:07am On Mar 08, 2019
Asapant:
Holamide reply to Conestoga this way.

Dear Sir/Madam. I am Hollamide, with student no ******* On the list of required documents include 'English language proficiency'. It is well stated on Conestoga application portal that if English is not an applicant's first language the applicant should provide proof of language proficiency. Sir/Madam I am a Nigerian, my first language is English also the language of instruction in all my undergraduate courses and in (your uni) is English language. I believe as a Nigerian, I have the privilege to be exempted from providing English language test result.

Sir/Madam. Kindly intervene into this matter.

I hope this helps.
DMerciful:
Email them and tell them your first language is English and all your learning was done in English, they should waive it for you! I did that for all my applications and was waived all the time!

Thanks! I will try it. I hope it works
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 11:08am On Mar 08, 2019
I called one of Fanshawe's approved agents. She was telling me full package $230 which Include visa fee. I said to my self this agent is not serious at all.

Well, Only Fanshawe offer the course I wanna study among all colleges, if not I would have applied to another college. I just dey vex
Naijaforeigner:

I honestly dont know why they use agents but the good thing is you will be refunded your 100CAD when you get your visa. It goes into your school account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Horlamidei(m): 11:08am On Mar 08, 2019
Asapant:
How long e take wey Conestoga give you offer letter ?

Am still doing the online reg. Almost true with it but the English Proficiency Test is the one delaying me..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Freeworld321: 11:09am On Mar 08, 2019
I applied for BAN1 summer in fanshawe college, post graduate, they sent a invoice but my agent didnt inform me about the deadline which was March 1 to pay fees, now the deadline has passed and they have cancelled my admission slot, i hurriedly paid the first term fees, they now put me on waiting list. So sad cry cry cry.
This is for those applying to Fanshawe, pls treat all deadlines with a sense of importance.
I pray I make it out of the wait list.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 11:11am On Mar 08, 2019
Oh ! I see.
Best of luck Sir.
Horlamidei:

Am still doing the online reg. Almost true with it but the English Proficiency Test is the one delaying me..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:11am On Mar 08, 2019
sillysassysally:
Please what makes it "very necessary"?

If he has an employment letter, as well as payslips, why does he still need a reference letter from his employer?

I think your answers subtly lies herein of same similar assertion of a graduate that as well possesses a degree certificate and other academic certifications, why is a reference letter requested from past instructors by a prospect DLI?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2019
JustMellow:

What went wrong?

I prepared for hard questions and they asked me really simple questions and I couldn't fully explain my research interests. Then they asked about statistics and I realized that I did not meet their statistics requirements. They asked about my community research experience which I mentioned that there are limited for students at my uni but I have academic research and I have sought community research experience through internship and environmental scans. And finally, I ended by interrupting the speaker from the Admission Committe because she misunderstood my questions and was informing me about funding! I didn't want them to think I couldn't pay for my fees.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 11:19am On Mar 08, 2019
If you don't mind. May I know the timeline of your application to Fanshawe college
Freeworld321:
I applied for BAN1 summer in fanshawe college, post graduate, they sent a invoice but my agent didnt inform me about the deadline which was March 1 to pay fees, now the deadline has passed and they have cancelled my admission slot, i hurriedly paid the first term fees, they now put me on waiting list. So sad cry cry cry.
This is for those applying to Fanshawe, pls treat all deadlines with a sense of importance.
I pray I make it out of the wait list.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obazi: 11:33am On Mar 08, 2019
Thanks for the informations.
042viber12:

For Canadian visa application, u don't do physical interview...u write an SOP that is your mouth piece.. so which means u need to be convincing and truthful....i think since its online, u scan all your originals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 11:36am On Mar 08, 2019
Let me join this online/paper route argument. The whole argument about which is better or more effective is largely unnecessary. It doesn't matter if you use online or paper if you submit rubbish or fraudulent documents it's still going to be rejected. Also if your documents are out of place and you submit unnecessary supporting documents then it's still going to be the same outcome. What I can say is whenever you are submitting an application go straight to the point. If USA visa officers give you just a few minutes to talk. Why would you think this visa officers will take the whole day to verify your documents. I repeat go straight to the point.

1. You dont have to attach 8 property documents believe me 1 or 2 is sufficient. No VO cares about you having 10 properties. People say you need it for hometies but home tie isn't just finance it is also (Social, family, Personal Investments etc)

2. Your SOP doesn't have to be two pages 4 paragraphs answering key questions is enough ( introduction, why you chose the program and goals, why canada and conclusion is enough.)

3. Bank statements isn't always about the balance, inflow/outflow over 6 months says a lot about the sponsor.

4. Understand that your family composition is very important in your sponsors decision to sponsor you. I.e if your have 4 younger siblings and you submit an application the VO will want to know if your father can cope with the expenses, for those using extended family the VO wants to know the dependents of the extended family member I.e why does your uncle/aunt want to sponsor you dont they have kids of their own and expenses etc

5. Like I said earlier no unnecessary documents should be attached. GO STRAIGHT TO THE POINT.

6. If you are going to attach a document that can appear confusing try and write a short "statement of explanation" explaining to the vo what the document is all about. For example you are a member of an Agricultural investment company a short statement of explanation should clarify when and why you joined the association and what the returns from the association is used for. This statement should be attached just before the document and you should use it as many times as possible that way the VO can flow with you.

6. Lastly use spell check or any grammer check online to verify documents and for those who use online pdf compressors kindly note that not every online compressor is safe some store your data on their servers while the good ones delete them after you are done compressing. Googling the top 10 compressors will do.

P.s: this is my opinion on study visa applications. And for the newbies try reading from part 11 that way you can get a degree in handling canada study visa applications lol.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:40am On Mar 08, 2019
Mofpearl:

I prepared for hard questions and they asked me really simple questions and I couldn't fully explain my research interests. Then they asked about statistics and I realized that I did not meet their statistics requirements. They asked about my community research experience which I mentioned that there are limited for students at my uni but I have academic research and I have sought community research experience through internship and environmental scans. And finally, I ended by interrupting the speaker from the Admission Committe because she misunderstood my questions and was informing me about funding! I didn't want them to think I couldn't pay for my fees.

I understand the feelings and stiff position but base on the excerpts of the details of your interview, it didn't seem so critical, but I fully comprehend the anxiety to perform.

Please don't jump to the ground so you don't get bruised up and hurt your morale in the process. The outcome of it all might just come surprising to you like a flashlight at the end.

Stay abreast and be optimistic. Since you ain't so positive about your Plan A, as you drag it along with uncertainty also begin to get your Plan B underway. Wishing you the best, you will smile last last.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Glowingx: 11:40am On Mar 08, 2019
Hi, who is coming to University of Saskatchewan this spring ! Pm please if u are looking to share an accommodation

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.