Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866014 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 11:43am On Mar 08, 2019
Put all documents in word and save as PDF web publisher document, that way it's compressed with any online resources.
Qudkom:
Let me join this online/paper route argument. The whole argument about which is better or more effective is largely unnecessary. It doesn't matter if you use online or paper if you submit rubbish or fraudulent documents it's still going to be rejected. Also if your documents are out of place and you submit unnecessary supporting documents then it's still going to be the same outcome. What I can say is whenever you are submitting an application go straight to the point. If USA visa officers give you just a few minutes to talk. Why would you think this visa officers will take the whole day to verify your documents. I repeat go straight to the point.

1. You dont have to attach 8 property documents believe me 1 or 2 is sufficient. No VO cares about you having 10 properties. People say you need it for hometies but home tie isn't just finance it is also (Social, family, Personal Investments etc)

2. Your SOP doesn't have to be two pages 4 paragraphs answering key questions is enough ( introduction, why you chose the program and goals, why canada and conclusion is enough.)

3. Bank statements isn't always about the balance, inflow/outflow over 6 months says a lot about the sponsor.

4. Understand that your family composition is very important in your sponsors decision to sponsor you. I.e if your have 4 younger siblings and you submit an application the VO will want to know if your father can cope with the expenses, for those using extended family the VO wants to know the dependents of the extended family member I.e why does your uncle/aunt want to sponsor you dont they have kids of their own and expenses etc

5. Like I said earlier no unnecessary documents should be attached. GO STRAIGHT TO THE POINT.

6. If you are going to attach a document that can appear confusing try and write a short "statement of explanation" explaining to the vo what the document is all about. For example you are a member of an Agricultural investment company a short statement of explanation should clarify when and why you joined the association and what the returns from the association is used for. This statement should be attached just before the document and you should use it as many times as possible that way the VO can flow with you.

6. Lastly use spell check or any grammer check online to verify documents and for those who use online pdf compressors kindly note that not every online compressor is safe some store your data on their servers while the good ones delete them after you are done compressing. Googling the top 10 compressors will do.

P.s: this is my opinion on study visa applications. And for the newbies try reading from part 11 that way you can get a degree in handling canada study visa applications lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 11:53am On Mar 08, 2019
JustMellow:

I understand the feelings and stiff position but base on the excerpts of the details of your interview, it didn't seem so critical, but I fully comprehend the anxiety to perform.

Please don't jump to the ground so you don't get bruised up and hurt your morale in the process. The outcome of it all might just come surprising to you like a flashlight at the end.

Stay abreast and be optimistic. Since you ain't so positive about your Plan A, as you drag it along with uncertainty also begin to get your Plan B underway. Wishing you the best, you will smile last last.

Thanks a lot! Appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 11:54am On Mar 08, 2019
Someone should pls reply
Thanks
mzjokky16:
Hello, when compiling documents for paper route, is my sponsor to give me the original documents or photocopy?
Thanks
Urgent pls famz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 11:57am On Mar 08, 2019
Pls famz, can someone attend to this for me.
Thanks and Gid bless
mzjokky16:
Hello famz,
Can someone pls help with the list of required documents to process my visa.
I'll be using my uncle as my sponsor plus i have 8k cad as funding per annum.
What document do i and my sponsors need to submit?
I'll be thru with my nysc next Thursday 14th of march, and i believe this is good for the application, as a fresh graduate, i stand to be corrected.
Another issue is that my parent are late but i dont want to include it in my sop so that it wont weaken my home ties, plus i have 6 siblings and I'm the first child, i hope this wont be an issue as i wont be submitting my parents birth certificate and why they wont be sponsoring me instead of the sponsor.
Thanks in advance for your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2019
mzjokky16:
Someone should pls reply
Thanks
The only original document should be your statement of account(s)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 12:09pm On Mar 08, 2019
Freeworld321:
I applied for BAN1 summer in fanshawe college, post graduate, they sent a invoice but my agent didnt inform me about the deadline which was March 1 to pay fees, now the deadline has passed and they have cancelled my admission slot, i hurriedly paid the first term fees, they now put me on waiting list. So sad cry cry cry.
This is for those applying to Fanshawe, pls treat all deadlines with a sense of importance.
I pray I make it out of the wait list.

Welcome to the world of Fanshawe. It is a wonderful school (bigger in size than most schools I have seen in UK), good lecturers, massive gym, games centre (snooker, table tennis), specific jobs for international students on campus, fantastic international office to help with immigration and PGWP and so forth but make sure you have money to pay on time for first and second semester otherwise, look for another college. Fanshawe will not even give you LOA without paying first semester tuition. they like money well well grin

I paid 8,000CAD for 1st semester when I was applying for my visa. Second semester starts May 7 and deadline for payment was March 1 as well (That was way too early). If you don't pay before the deadline as an international student, your admission may be cancelled even if you are already enrolled and studying in the school.

Downside of the school, they do not allow international students pay installments like you have in some colleges and universities. International applicants have abused such privileges of paying in installments in the past so they stopped it.

For everyone about to apply to schools in Canada, check your pockets and availability of funds very well before applying and ask questions. Ask if the school you are applying to allow installments and ask for possible deadlines (I think the best people to ask are either current or past international students of schools you are looking into). Nobody will help you with $1 in the abroad grin, so plan very well. There are schools that allow installments, so do your research very well.

Fanshawe has so many programs and so many applicants from India (my opinion, they are using it to make money and "exploiting" those students from India, same think UK is doing with Chinese students). These Indians have money and have access to government loans, so Fanshawe cancel applicants admission easily when fees are not paid by due dates.

My post is for hustlers and those managing like me. If your parents are rich, you need not worry. Shalom.

P.S Any school that demands full payment of fees before applying for visa already gives you an idea of the school.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:15pm On Mar 08, 2019
mzjokky16:
Someone should pls reply
Thanks

The bank statement and any document(sponsorship letter etc) addressed to the Canadian VO should be original
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 12:15pm On Mar 08, 2019
I was thinking Int'l students are to pay the required $2300 as seat reservation. Afterwards when 1st sem starts, student pay full tuition. Isnt it ?
Naijaforeigner:

Welcome to the world of Fanshawe. It is a wonderful school (bigger in size than most schools I have seen in UK), good lecturers, massive gym, games centre (snooker, table tennis), specific jobs for international students on campus, fantastic international office to help with immigration and PGWP and so forth but make sure you have money to pay on time for first and second semester otherwise, look for another college. Fanshawe will not even give you LOA without paying first semester tuition. they like money well well grin

I paid 8,000CAD for 1st semester when I was applying for my visa. Second semester starts May 7 and deadline for payment was March 1 as well (That was way too early). If you don't pay before the deadline as an international student, your admission may be cancelled even if you are already enrolled and studying in the school.

Downside of the school, they do not allow international students pay installments like you have in some colleges and universities. International applicants have abused such privileges of paying in installments in the past so they stopped it.

For everyone about to apply to schools in Canada, check your pockets and availability of funds very well before applying and ask questions. Ask if the school you are applying to allow installments and ask for possible deadlines (I think the best people to ask are either current or past international students of schools you are looking into). Nobody will help you with $1 in the abroad grin, so plan very well. There are schools that allow installments, so do your research very well.

Fanshawe has so many programs and so many applicants from India (my opinion, they are using it to make money and "exploiting" those students from India, same think UK is doing with Chinese students). These Indians have money and have access to government loans, so Fanshawe cancel applicants admission easily when fees are not paid by due dates.

My post is for hustlers and those managing like me. If your parents are rich, you need not worry. Shalom.

P.S Any school that demands full payment of fees before applying for visa already gives you an idea of the school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 12:32pm On Mar 08, 2019
Asapant:
I was thinking Int'l students are to pay the required $2300 as seat reservation. Afterwards when 1st sem starts, student pay full tuition. Isnt it ?

Most programs require you pay all of fees to get LOA, let me assume your program is not that competitive. Fanshawe has so many programs. Whatever deadline they give you, just follow it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oni2019: 12:37pm On Mar 08, 2019
Hello everyone,

Has any January applicant received positive feedback?

I applied online and did biometric in January but since then no feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2019
Quite long not to have received feedback. When is your resumption?
Oni2019:
Hello everyone,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Questionner: 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
Oni2019:
Hello everyone,

Yes January applicant here...just medical request and medical passed update since feb 22...nothing else
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
When are you meant to start your program?
Questionner:

Yes January applicant here...just medical request and medical passed update since feb 22...nothing else
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Questionner: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2019
DMerciful:
When are you meant to start your program?

September ...still quite far away
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oni2019: 1:04pm On Mar 08, 2019
DMerciful:
Quite long not to have received feedback. When is your resumption?

September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oni2019: 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
Questionner:

Did you apply through online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Questionner: 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
Oni2019:

Did you apply through online?

yes online...January 16
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
September is quite far so you have nothing to worry about. Mine is May
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2019
Okay. Thanks Boss. Well understood.
Buh how come your phone battery is 11%, den don cut una light abi na transformer spoil for London.ON grin ?
Naijaforeigner:

Most programs require you pay all of fees to get LOA, let me assume your program is not that competitive. Fanshawe has so many programs. Whatever deadline they give you, just follow it.

See below the condition to be issued LOA when I applied June last year.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Freeworld321: 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
Asapant:
Buh how come your phone battery is 11%, den don cut una light abi na transformer spoil for London.ON grin ?
You must be a comedian bro, lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2019
What about his employment letter,
He also has a business of his own, should everything regarding that business be original documents
And I'm i to submit the original of my siblings birth certificates and the likes
JustMellow:

The bank statement and any document(sponsorship letter etc) addressed to the Canadian VO should be original
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2019
mzjokky16:
He also has a business of his own, should everything regarding that business be original documents
And I'm i to submit the original of my siblings birth certificates and the likes
if you submit through paper, they would inform U that the only thing you'll receive back is your PASSPORT,so unreplaceable documents should be photocopy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2019
Asapant:

grin Boss, I just have a bad habit when it comes to charging phone and laptop. It is a bad habit I developed while I was in the UK ( I think the 247 electricity contributed to this bad habit). If the battery is not less than 10% and get a warning sign, I won’t charge it and even when I do, I don’t have the patience to make sure it is fully charged before I remove it grin

You can never find my gadgets fully charged grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2019
mzjokky16:

Paper route. IMM forms, SOP/LOE, sponsors letter (adressed to the Visa officer), your international passport, LOA, SOA, reference letter from bank addressed to the VO (if you have it) are the ONLY original copies you should submit.

These original copies wont be returned except your stamped passport (amen). You can include originals of LOA because you should have a soft copy and can always print out another one if you need it (you may be asked to show your LOA at POE).

Every other document such as business documents, birth certificates and so forth should be photocopies.

POE = port of entry
LOA = Letter of admission
SOA = Statement of account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by marshallian50(m): 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
@agroNACT, please accept my pm request. I'm also a usask prospective student.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=gatsbym4 post=76451822][/quote]

Send me a PM instead. Also, what do you mean Pension Account? I need clarification on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2019
ALT2:

Thank you very much for your input, please I will like to send you my SOP for review thanks.

You can go ahead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 5:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Paper route. IMM forms, SOP/LOE, sponsors letter (adressed to the Visa officer), your international passport, LOA, SOA, reference letter from bank addressed to the VO (if you have it) are the ONLY original copies you should submit.

These original copies wont be returned except your stamped passport (amen). You can include originals of LOA because you should have a soft copy and can always print out another one if you need it (you may be asked to show your LOA at POE).

Every other document such as business documents, birth certificates and so forth should be photocopies.

POE = port of entry
LOA = Letter of admission
SOA = Statement of account

You mean we are gonna submit our original international passport along with the documents? shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ikechipeters: 5:31pm On Mar 08, 2019
Please can someone who residents in Winnipeg assist with letter of relative for provincial nomination.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 5:49pm On Mar 08, 2019
johnsonsegxy:

You mean we are gonna submit our original international passport along with the documents? shocked

Paper route (if you are applying in Nigeria) = Yes, Online = No

If you are applying in United Kingdom via paper or online route, you will NOT submit your passport unless requested by CIC.

Please check conditions of the country you are based.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 5:54pm On Mar 08, 2019
GboyegaD:

Send me a PM instead. Also, what do you mean Pension Account? I need clarification on this.

Pension account...RSA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jola17: 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
Please is there anyone who applied to Cape Breton university for fall here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.