Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866299 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2019
TDultimate:
Please how long does it take to get fees refund after reversal. It's more than 1 month now and no response to my mail..
that's the problem I have with that school, they takes ages to reply emails or take calls self
Did U pay with flywire or from a bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2019
Johnsonkelvin:
that's the problem I have with that school, they takes ages to reply emails or take calls self
Did U pay with flywire or from a bank?

The answer to this question is school dependent.

I would give the example for University of Alberta.

The amount of tuition pay is dependent on the amount of classes you enrol in and other other services you choose and you enrol in these classes manually in the sense that you’re not automatically put in a class, you enroll in the class if the space is available in addition to fulfilling all other prerequisites.

Likewise, there are numerous deadlines. There’s a deadline for fee payment after which you incur a cost for late payment, there’s also a deadline for when you can register/drop a class/classes without fee or grade penalty and there are other deadlines as the semester progresses with varying fees and grade penalties for dropping classes, these range from refund of half the fees and a grade of W (Withdrawal grade), quarter of the fees and W, to no refund and W.

Point is once it’s past the deadline for registering/dropping a class yiou are no longer entitled to a full fee refund for that class as it’s assumed you are officially enrolled in class and if you miss other subsequent deadlines for withdrawal the amount of fees that you are refunded decreases. Each school has different policies so once more for the specific amount you should contact the school.

Summary is the information is probably on the schools website but if you can’t find it you should contact the admission / international department for your school regarding their policy on refunds. However, the only way you would be able to get a FULL/TOTAL refund on your fees is if you have withdrawn from all classes you were enrolled in before the deadline to withdraw from classes. And the refund itself is usually midway through the semester or at the end of the school semester / fiscal year ... if I remember right the U of A refunds in November, March and in the summer months June / July.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hilaryxoxo(f): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
Ranking of the school is what I mean by quality of the DLI

Schonebaby:

What do you mean by quality of DLI.
Rank of school. Is that what you're trying to say cos DLI is DLI..
Oh well. What matters to me is a fully funded stay in a lab with a professor who's work is perfectly aligned with my research interests.
I hear almost all Canadian public universities are good. I think it's difficult to establish a pattern with these visa things....they are simply unpredictable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hilaryxoxo(f): 3:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
Insights...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oyalfares: 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hello my good people, PLS help me check the attached whether my computation for living expenses and tuition is okay? I have researched but it's not making sense yet. From what I gathered I came up with the attached. PLS note that room and board is for 2 bedroom. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Abbeyme: 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hello Gentlemen and ladies.

Can a Banker's reference letter showing available balance be used instead of a Statement of Account?

Information urgently needed pls..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by crusader6(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
crusader6:
Please I need help.. Under which category is SoP and recommendation letters required to be uploaded in Online application??

I earlier stated that my Studies will require work.. And during the application I am required to upload document to proof that..how can I proof it and can it affect my application negatively

Please I need help..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2019
crusader6:

Please I need help..

Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the study permit form.

Passport (required) - Upload your international passport.

Letter of Acceptance (required ) - Upload your letter of acceptance from the school.

Proof of means of financial support - Upload your Sponsorship letter, Affidavit of support, bank statements, payslips, sponsor's source of income (like- employment letters, introduction letters from employer, promotions letter etc.) or bussines documents (CAC certificates, tax clearance certificate, article of association and memorandum etc..) Also, include your already paid tuition receipt in this section (if any).

Digital Photo (required) - Upload your Passport Photograph. The passport size should be between 60KB to 240KB and the dimension should be 420X540.

Family Information (IMM5645) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the family form.

Schedule 1- Application for a temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada (IMM5257) (required) - Complete and Upload the form.

Client Information (required) - Upload your SOP/LOE, degree certificates, transcripts, birth certificates, recommendation letters from past and present employers, NYSC discharge papers, your work ID, your employment letters, resume etc... (every supporting documents should be uploaded in this section).

I hope you find the above information useful. Feel free to ask questions.

Cc: @Frankrobbn1

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by crusader6(m): 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2019
Qudkom:

Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the study permit form.

Passport (required) - Upload your international passport.

Letter of Acceptance (required ) - Upload your letter of acceptance from the school.

Proof of means of financial support - Upload your Sponsorship letter, Affidavit of support, bank statements, payslips, sponsor's source of income (like- employment letters, introduction letters from employer, promotions letter etc.) or bussines documents (CAC certificates, tax clearance certificate, article of association and memorandum etc..) Also, include your already paid tuition receipt in this section (if any).

Digital Photo (required) - Upload your Passport Photograph. The passport size should be between 60KB to 240KB and the dimension should be 420X540.

Family Information (IMM5645) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the family form.

Schedule 1- Application for a temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada (IMM5257) (required) - Complete and Upload the form.

Client Information (required) - Upload your SOP/LOE, degree certificates, transcripts, birth certificates, recommendation letters from past and present employers, NYSC discharge papers, your work ID, your employment letters, resume etc... (every supporting documents should be uploaded in this section).

I hope you find the above information useful. Feel free to ask questions.

Cc: @Frankrobbn1
Tnx a lot.. Im smiling right now...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Okay. I'll reach out to you

Alright, will be waiting earnestly sir.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wolex2090: 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Thanks so much Mr Frank,do you suggest I reverse the passport to my real age or what do you suggest?

Secondly,let me have your mail add if you don't mind sir.

Hello wolex2090,

Sorry to have mistakenly skipped your question and answering subsequent ones.

Now, to your question,----- Yes, The Canadian immigration department will definitely figure out your age from the US immigration department as both countries and other allied nations exchange information regarding to immigration matters (how well do you think they respect your privacy?)

They have got all the information on your passport; a second photo of you; your fingerprints; your signature; every answer you have ever written on a visa application; your travel history; your financial information; your family information; your telephone information; your Internet information; they have thousands of external bodies (background checker's) around the world clipping and scanning newspaper articles and searching web sites for information on you(LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc...). All of these are carried out with the aid of some of the world’s most powerful computers.

Remember while you were talking, the consular officer at the US embassy was busy adding/typing your comments to their database, to be visible at all your future visa interviews and to some first-rate nations whom they have signed agreement with to exchange Immigration information. The more you talk, the more the visa officer types.

With that being said, the best possible way to maneuver this, can only be on the account that you declared in your application form that you made use of a compensated agent in your application. Then, you wouldn't face any challenges. With this, you can feasibly address the issue on your LOE. Aside from that, I don't think you can scale through this tough path.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
JustMellow:

There is nothing wrong with borrowing but the most closest attention ought to be given in avoiding money lodgment that it's origin can't be justified.

Both your sponsor's letter and affidavit of sponsorship are likewise vital especially being a third party sponsorship(I guessed by the tone of your write up). If you feel the Affidavit of fact would increase the chances of your application, then do well to include it.

Thank you for your response, but i think money borrowed from someone does not necessitate sponsorship, though i stand to be corrected.
Borrowing money to repay within a stipulated time frame is different from having a sponsor, please i need various opinion on this.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2019
95seun:

The answer to this question is school dependent.

I would give the example for University of Alberta.

The amount of tuition pay is dependent on the amount of classes you enrol in and other other services you choose and you enrol in these classes manually in the sense that you’re not automatically put in a class, you enroll in the class if the space is available in addition to fulfilling all other prerequisites.

Likewise, there are numerous deadlines. There’s a deadline for fee payment after which you incur a cost for late payment, there’s also a deadline for when you can register/drop a class/classes without fee or grade penalty and there are other deadlines as the semester progresses with varying fees and grade penalties for dropping classes, these range from refund of half the fees and a grade of W (Withdrawal grade), quarter of the fees and W, to no refund and W.

Point is once it’s past the deadline for registering/dropping a class yiou are no longer entitled to a full fee refund for that class as it’s assumed you are officially enrolled in class and if you miss other subsequent deadlines for withdrawal the amount of fees that you are refunded decreases. Each school has different policies so once more for the specific amount you should contact the school.

Summary is the information is probably on the schools website but if you can’t find it you should contact the admission / international department for your school regarding their policy on refunds. However, the only way you would be able to get a FULL/TOTAL refund on your fees is if you have withdrawn from all classes you were enrolled in before the deadline to withdraw from classes. And the refund itself is usually midway through the semester or at the end of the school semester / fiscal year ... if I remember right the U of A refunds in November, March and in the summer months June / July.

Hope this helps.

Very correct and insightful

#salute
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 9:17pm On Mar 22, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Hello gr8full2God,

I noticed you have asked this question countless times on this thread and no one attempted to answer you. Sorry about that!. cool

First and foremost, I'll start by congratulating you on your admission into the university. In respect to your questions, Age has never pose to be a point at issue to a study visa to Canada so long as you can carefully account for your study gaps and explain reasonably what you've been up-to until this date, What made you not to further your education until now?, What makes you think that you can cope with the stringent Canadian system of education if paradventure you're been extended the privilege to study in Canada? All of these must be well substantiated in a logical modus operandi in your SOP. Taking into account the fact that you're going for a computer science program which is reasonable in light with your OND certificate in computer engineering, your chances are halfway. For this reason, I would suggest you say after your OND, you had too many options for studies but was not sure which one to choose. You never wanted to settle for something less just for the sake of earning a degree. You made so many efforts to further your undergraduate studies here in Nigeria but all attempts proved abortive as you were been offered a program you had no interest in. Ever since then, you've been working in the IT department as a programmer in your father's company. Your sole intention of doing this, is to spend some time in the business to understand what area that needs improvement and focus. Having worked there since 2011 till date, you discovered that the IT sector is the area that needs more improvement. With this discovery, you now made up your mind to further your studies abroad (Canada) so as to continue with your passion in the ever growing and unprecedented field of IT and potentially enhance your capabilities towards managing your father's business by applying new technologies in order to yield a remarkable result in the business and for her clients. Additionally, include professional certifications like C++, Java, Data Structure, and other programming languages... this will satisfy the visa officer that you're truly a bonafide applicant and have been following your passion since you last left school.

Attached is a screenshot from an applicant who is 51 years of age, going for a Post secondary diploma and got his study permit approved earlier last year 2018 and also an applicant on this reputable thread whose wife got approved in October, 2018 with huge study gaps. So it's very possible you can get yours as well only with a convincing letter.

On the other hand, you need to provide a notarized affidavit explaining the discrepancy between your dad's name and yours. Perhaps, you could put the blame on the typist while processing your dad's document.

Please note that the information on how you can cover up for your study gaps as drafted by me is a guide and musn't be plagiarized. grin. You may wish to add more/remove some points to what I have written.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out here, should you require further guidance.

Man like super Frankie!
Man has been good since 1901

I take my hat off to you.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
Abbeyme:

Can a Banker's reference letter showing available balance be used instead of a Statement of Account?

No you can't do that. Reference letter and 6 month bank statement will do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 1:23am On Mar 23, 2019
Abbeyme:

Does reference letter show account balance? It does not.
Which one is banker’s reference letter? Does that one show account balance? (Please educate me)
Cause the bank reference letter or letter of recommendation, I know, is a document contain information about your history and relationship with your bank. The letter speak to your financial responsibility and stability and demonstrate your ability to maintain a healthy, working relationship with a financial institution

Hence banks only provide reference letters if you are a client in good standing if a bank maintains a contentious or unprofitable relationship with you eg lien amount, overstay unpaid loan, fraud or whatsoever... no incentive for providing such a letter exists.

I don’t know what you mean by banker’s reference letters but I am certainly sure you don’t need it all you need is your sponsor’s reference letter and 6 months account statement from the bank or your personal account statements and reference letter.

PS: if you’re using a third party sponsor eg aunty, uncle, etc please make sure you submit reference letter not just account statement. To avoid VO suspicion on fraudulent account statement even before they start venting the documents. First impression matters a lot. (I’ve seen a case like this before, it was like a battle).

Reference letter is also important even if you’re using your parents/pa as sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 3:44am On Mar 23, 2019
thompson4real:
Please house, does Brandon University require initial deposit after you have been given admission?

The last time I checked, the answer to your question was NO. Though they recently reviewed their fees upwards from Next semester.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmaokudu: 6:03am On Mar 23, 2019
Good day Frank, please I am a little confused in this section,
Should the sum of the breakdown of cost of my studies be equivalent to funds available for my stay or is funds available for my stay
supposed to be living expense,

The way i have it filled out, is it ok?

Thanks.

Frankrobbn1:

If that be the case, I'll try see if I can message her on your behalf. Hope that would be fine by you?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Schonebaby: 7:09am On Mar 23, 2019
Good morning beautiful people!!!
I want to drop this here...
Let's all be positive. Honestly, we have nothing to lose by being positive. Let us have a default point of these kind of thoughts :"This will happen to me! My plan will work! I will have my visa! My admission will click! My family will join me!"
The thoughts we think very much build an energy around us. Negative thoughts will come but what we should do is refuse to think on it. Ignore it till it fades away. For me, I begin to speak these words, and my heart will immediately be at peace.
The truth is (For Christians here) Bible says we are Citizens of Heaven....that's a higher citizenship than any other around the world, so let's draw strength from that and rest in faith.
Summary of it all: Give the best application you can, do the best you can and....STAY POSITIVE!
Please stay positive. It will work out in the end!
Have a mega lovely day!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 8:50am On Mar 23, 2019
This really moved me.thanks for this.its really encouraging.
Schonebaby:
Good morning beautiful people!!!
I want to drop this here...
Let's all be positive. Honestly, we have nothing to lose by being positive. Let us have a default point of these kind of thoughts :"This will happen to me! My plan will work! I will have my visa! My admission will click! My family will join me!"
The thoughts we think very much build an energy around us. Negative thoughts will come but what we should do is refuse to think on it. Ignore it till it fades away. For me, I begin to speak these words, and my heart will immediately be at peace.
The truth is (For Christians here) Bible says we are Citizens of Heaven....that's a higher citizenship than any other around the world, so let's draw strength from that and rest in faith.
Summary of it all: Give the best application you can, do the best you can and....STAY POSITIVE!
Please stay positive. It will work out in the end!
Have a mega lovely day!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Schonebaby: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
This really moved me.thanks for this.its really encouraging.
I'm glad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SpongeBobSP: 10:39am On Mar 23, 2019
hi , a bit off topic here, but does anyone especially those living in Canada know a good freight/courier shipping company , my brother needs to send a couple of phones and we are having difficulty with the prices of the regular DHL/FedEx and the likes. please any info will be appreciated. thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonlawson89: 10:54am On Mar 23, 2019
Good Morning House,
I'm totally new here and new when it comes with applying for a Canadain Study Permit. Please i want to ask some few questions and will be highly pleased if i could get sincere and sraightforward answers:

1... What are the step by step process of submittng my study permit application online and how do i go about it? Will the scanned documents be in PDF format or what format is suitable for the submitting of my study permit application online?

2... Is the online sttudy application the fastest way?

3... My uncle is my sponsor, what are the required documents he will need to provide for me in order to aid my application process?

Please provide me with addition information that will help me with the process. Thanks so much and keen to hear from you guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 11:35am On Mar 23, 2019
johnsonlawson89:
Good Morning House,
I'm totally new here and new when it comes with applying for a Canadain Study Permit. Please i want to ask some few questions and will be highly pleased if i could get sincere and sraightforward answers:

1... What are the step by step process of submittng my study permit application online and how do i go about it? Will the scanned documents be in PDF format or what format is suitable for the submitting of my study permit application online?

2... Is the online sttudy application the fastest way?

3... My uncle is my sponsor, what are the required documents he will need to provide for me in order to aid my application process?

Please provide me with addition information that will help me with the process. Thanks so much and keen to hear from you guys.

There isn't any easy way to answering this. You have to read the forum from part 11 that way you will get relevant answers to your questions.

P.S: It doesn't matter if you submit online or paper route it's still the same outcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Folaniyi2020: 11:51am On Mar 23, 2019
[quote author=yemilasko
Can you please assist me on how to apply for Canada student visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
Amahjosh:
Hello Nairalanders

Good day everyone

Please am about to pay my 1st semester tuition fees for my one year Post graduate Certificate should i open a Dom account to make this transaction which my account officer is advising because he said is more faster or can i pay through my card which he says will be slower. What do you advice, How will i make this payment??

A GTB Dom account works well and the process is seamless...I am not a guru o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
Godatwork23:
Approval Alert
Submitted app 30th December
Medical Request 23rd February
Medical passed 11th March
PPR and Correspondence letter 19 March

Sent them a CSE yesterday and early this morning i got the mail. See, there was a moniker here that said it's luck and there's no God after getting his PPR. I don't know where he is now but I want him to know it's not luck. There's an Almighty God, a living God. He answers prayers. Thank you so much Frankrobben, God go do your own. And to all TRV hopefuls, God will answer everyone. There's something I used to do since I got my scholarship, any aeroplane I see, i always decree and declare that I will be in such a plane a month to my resumption . That was my method of faith for over a year now. Glory to God Almighty once more.

Indeed God is able, congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2019
Emmaokudu:
Good day Frank, please I am a little confused in this section,
Should the sum of the breakdown of cost of my studies be equivalent to funds available for my stay or is funds available for my stay
supposed to be living expense,

The way i have it filled out, is it ok?

Thanks.

The total sum of your first year Tuition + Room and Board + Others with a margin difference of 2KCAD-3KCAD = Funds available for my stay.

Thus, it should be filled out this way;

TUITION = $18,000
ROOM & BOARD = $10,000
OTHERS = $2,000
FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY = $32,000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
Folaniyi2020:

Can you please assist me on how to apply for Canada student visa

All relevant information pertaining to how you can secure a Canadian study visa can be found on this platform. Please do take advantage of the opportunity.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2019
SpongeBobSP:
hi , a bit off topic here, but does anyone especially those living in Canada know a good freight/courier shipping company , my brother needs to send a couple of phones and we are having difficulty with the prices of the regular DHL/FedEx and the likes. please any info will be appreciated. thanks.

United Parcel Service (UPS) Logistics is a good one and their services are commendable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkayconcept: 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2019
Hello beautiful people, please I need your help. I have posted this before without any response, so I will post it again.

Please I need a sample letter to reach out to my potential supervisors in the university I have narrowed down to apply to for my MSC admission.

Please help, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.