Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (867492 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:10am On Mar 21, 2019
twnklshop:
Please how much is the Canada Student Visa application fee?
$235(study permit fee+ Biometrics)

P.S: Informations like this should be Googled!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by twnklshop: 10:16am On Mar 21, 2019
Qudkom:

$235(study permit fee+ Biometrics)

P.S: Informations like this should be Googled!

I am actually on google now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 10:51am On Mar 21, 2019
sillysassysally:
TRV processing time update 21/03/2019

Hi everyone,
As at today, only 10 applicants have shared their timeline. Please if you have applied for a TRV, I would encourage you to share your timeline (which should include; the application date, application route, biometrics request date, date biometrics was done, medical request date, date medicals was done, date medicals was passed, and the current status). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates.

We have made attempts to "calculate" processing times. (Please note that this is just an average based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average). As we get more samples, I want to believe our calculations would be more "accurate".

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data, please share with me.

This is a nice idea. Here's my timeline

Application Route: Online
Application Date: December 12, 2018
Biometrics: N/A (reapplication)
Medical Request: February 7
Medicals Done: February 20
Medicals Passed: February 23
Current Status: Eligibility Review
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2019
Great job!
My timelines.

Online application - Feb 5
Biometrics - N/A (did biometrics in 2017 for visiting purpose , not successful)
Background and eligibility -Feb 6
Medical request - Feb 22
Medicals done - Mar 4
Medicals passed -Mar 8 (current position)
sillysassysally:
TRV processing time update 21/03/2019

Hi everyone,
As at today, only 10 applicants have shared their timeline. Please if you have applied for a TRV, I would encourage you to share your timeline (which should include; the application date, application route, biometrics request date, date biometrics was done, medical request date, date medicals was done, date medicals was passed, and the current status). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates.

We have made attempts to "calculate" processing times. (Please note that this is just an average based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average). As we get more samples, I want to believe our calculations would be more "accurate".

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data, please share with me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 11:33am On Mar 21, 2019
Omo
People don apply gan o, it is well.
I pray we all have our testimonies here... can’t wait
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 21, 2019
Hi Schonebaby,

Please I sent a private mail(PM) request, kindly respond.

Thank you..

Schonebaby:
For example iqt was after I secured a professor and have established very good contact with him. I was quite satisfied he is the kind of person I would want to work with for 4 years. 4 years no be beans grin shocked Then I applied. It was after I applied that I checked the ranking of my school -Queen's.
In retrospect, maybe it was a lack of foresight.....However I believe the program, research and funding is more important than the school (at least for Canada). My 2cents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nitrogen(m): 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
Qudkom:

Lol yes you can.

Thank you. What about as a family? Myself and wifey's have permits but my boy has only a TRV o, hope they won't say he must book return ticket? The young guy is less than two years old.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Franksuka: 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2019
Franksuka:
Please i got admitted in University of Canada West to study MBA...But am not conviced if i can get my study permit with this school as it is a private university with DLI.... Please does anyone know more about this school? I await some response regard to this Please

Someone should respond to me please...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2019
Franksuka:

I will advise you apply for your study visa. if u didn't get a response, that means no one applied or persons that applied ain't here at the moment...all this DLI stuffs..i dont get it, was never an issue back in thread 14...pls apply for your visa and stay prayerful to get it...peace!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
Franksuka:

Let me ease your worries, DLI (Designated Learning Institutes) are institutions that have been verified by the Canadian Government to allow international student enroll for their academic programs. It doesn't end there, you also get the chance to apply for post graduate work permit if you completed your studies from a DLI Institute. So you can 100% go ahead and submit your study application.

P.S: In the application form for your visa you have to type the Schools #DLI number. So if the school isn't a verified dli institute you would know. So stop getting your self worried. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2019
nitrogen:

Thank you. What about as a family? Myself and wifey's have permits but my boy has only a TRV o, hope they won't say he must book return ticket? The young guy is less than two years old.

No wouldn't be a problem. And if I may ask what kind of permit are you talking about? STUDY/RESIDENCE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
Please ask the school. When I got my admission, nothing was required of me, but things may have changed now.

thompson4real:
Please house, does Brandon University require initial deposit after you have been given admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
Please check this quora link - https://www dot quora dot com/How-bad-is-University-Canada-West-UCW

Franksuka:
Good evening the Gurus in the house....I got admitted in University of Canada West for MBA... But am not conviced if i can get a study permit with that school because it is a private university with DLI...Please your candid advice is needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nitrogen(m): 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2019
Qudkom:

No wouldn't be a problem. And if I may ask what kind of permit are you talking about? STUDY/RESIDENCE?

I have study, madam has work permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 2:21pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hello,

Try using a laptop to log in. If it persists try contacting them. This is just from off my head, I hope someone else can help with a better solution.

mzjokky16:
hi fams, i am about to start my online application @cic.gc.ca
after signing up with Gckey,anytime i sign in, it keep taking me back to the cic page.
i am tired, have sined in like 5 times and it keep taking me back to cic page where i dont understand what to do next.
i really want to do this on my own. pls i'll appreciate it if someone can help me out here.
thank you so much in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2019
nitrogen:

I have study, madam has work permit
Ok sir you are good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 2:28pm On Mar 21, 2019
Lol you wan book return ticket ni? While I don't think it'd be an issue, I suggest you look into that TRV when y'all get to Canada. Look into it as in look at changing it to something like study permit i.e applying for a study permit inside Canada. Because I believe TRV is TRV no matter what.

I could be wrong sha lol

nitrogen:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vsylva(m): 2:59pm On Mar 21, 2019
Watching Border Security: America's Frontline on DSTV 132 CBS Reality.. where a student from Congo arrived 2 months earlier then when school is meant to resume... he was sent back home... because the law is to travel into the country within 30 days to resumption date... reason im sharing this is just so those who have gotten their student visa and all should not be in a hurry and make same mistake... know the law abeg... cheers..

By the way please anyone here applied into Georgian College September 2019/2020 wanna know whos on my boat

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
dedecoder:

This is a nice idea. Here's my timeline

Application Route: Online
Application Date: December 12, 2018
Biometrics: N/A (reapplication)
Medical Request: February 7
Medicals Done: February 20
Medicals Passed: February 23
Current Status: Eligibility Review
Can I dm U ?
I want to clarify something
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2019
Franksuka:

It is a small private for-profit university in Canada located in Vancouver BC (that's what they call it online) lol

I know you must be scared of the reviews and complaints you've seen online about UCW

The thing is that, UCW is a recognized school in CIC (DLI) and it also eligible for pgwp (that's another good news).
You just go ahead and apply for your visa you have nothing to worry about.

When you get your Visa you would definitely see Nigerians in this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/91#76840296
Or even in this student thread

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
Qudkom:

Let me ease your worries, DLI (Designated Learning Institutes) are institutions that have been verified by the Canadian Government to allow international student enroll for their academic programs. It doesn't end there, you also get the chance to apply for post graduate work permit if you completed your studies from a DLI Institute. So you can 100% go ahead and submit your study application.

P.S: In the application form for your visa you have to type the Schools #DLI number. So if the school isn't a verified dli institute you would know. So stop getting your self worried. I wish you all the best.

Nice @Qudkom but to add to this:kindly note that not all designated Learning Institutes make you eligible for a post graduate work permit... Type into Google -"list of DLI Universities in Canada ",it should direct you to Canada Immigration Website.... You can check your intended school... Colleges that are attached to a university share the same DLI number. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
Pls i need clarification on something pls.
I’m currently in the express entry pool, while answering questionnaire for study permit there’s a place that says if u have ever submitted or been sponsored in any application for permanent residence...should I tick yes or no
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2019
Timothyphillips:

Nice @Qudkom but to add to this:kindly note that not all designated Learning Institutes make you eligible for a post graduate work permit... Type into Google -"list of DLI Universities in Canada ",it should direct you to Canada Immigration Website.... You can check your intended school... Colleges that are attached to a university share the same DLI number. Cheers

Very impressive write up.
Lots of schools shares DLI lemme give some example of the schools... campion college, first nations University of Canada and Luther college are all sharing same DLI with university of Regina (meaning they are all under UR).

I wouldn't want to mention DLI that ain't eligible for PGWP to avoid fear from people.

Please, it's always advisable to apply for schools that are common in this thread or online.

Bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:19pm On Mar 21, 2019
Timothyphillips:

Yes, I think that clarifies everything. Cic website will have the details.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Schonebaby: 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2019
Juleskiki:

Hi Schonebaby,

Please I sent a private mail(PM) request, kindly respond.

Thank you..

Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Franksuka: 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
Austacus:

It is a small private for-profit university in Canada located in Vancouver BC (that's what they call it online) lol

I know you must be scared of the reviews and complaints you've seen online about UCW

The thing is that, UCW is a recognized school in CIC (DLI) and it also eligible for pgwp (that's another good news).
You just go ahead and apply for your visa you have nothing to worry about.

When you get your Visa you would definitely see Nigerians in this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/91#76840296
Or even in this student thread

Good luck.

Thank you so much Austacus....You have really calm down my nerves....I so much appreciate your response...Can i still send you a PM?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
Franksuka:

In addition to what @Qudkom has said: Private DLI don't qualify an international student to be eligible for a PGWP except few that are affiliated to some public DLI running on similar/certain course syllables. So, do well to check if your private DLI can qualify you to be eligible.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Franksuka: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
Qudkom:

Thank you Qudkom for your concern...Your indeed a friend...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2019
Franksuka:

Thank you so much Austacus....You have really calm down my nerves....I so much appreciate your response...Can i still send you a PM?

Sorry I would appreciate you ask your question here (I don't attend to emails for now).

Thanks for your understanding
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Franksuka: 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
Another question i have is this:

I graduated in 2015, started working with a construction company and was posted to the same company for my NYSC until i pass out in April 2017, i left the company and co-found my own construction company(with CAC and Tax registration) in May 2017.. I have been working as a Project Manager in my Company since that time till now...Although i have a company's account (sole signatory) but i never used it in running the company because i try to avert tax from FIRS, so i use my personal accout in during all the transactions with clients...The account has a total of 7.1m...

My question is how do i present this my personal account instead of my company's account during my application.

P.S: My maternal uncle(without the same surname) is my sponsor and is willing to give out $30k on my behalf as my Dad is dead.

What documents does my uncle need to provide to show he is willing to sponsor me?

Please my good people .... I need your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2019
Franksuka:
Another question i have is this:

I graduated in 2015, started working with a construction company and was posted to the same company for my NYSC until i pass out in April 2017, i left the company and co-found my own construction company(with CAC and Tax registration) in May 2017.. I have been working as a Project Manager in my Company since that time till now...Although i have a company's account (sole signatory) but i never used it in running the company because i try to avert tax from FIRS, so i use my personal accout in during all the transactions with clients...The account has a total of 7.1m...

My question is how do i present this my personal account instead of my company's account during my application.

P.S: My maternal uncle(without the same surname) is my sponsor and is willing to give out $30k on my behalf as my Dad is dead.

What documents does my uncle need to provide to show he is willing to sponsor me?

Please my good people .... I need your advice

You mustn't show your company's account even if you're the main sponsor.

Your uncle should show some commitment by paying your tuition fee or transferring living expenses to you.
He should submit an affidavit of support, sponsorship letter, Account statement and letter of reference and his CAC or any document that shows his source of income

Your finance is very good as you stand to co-sponsor yourself
make sure you submit your CAC and other relevant documents that suffix your earn of living.

Make sure you show a very strong relationship between you and your uncle

Work more on your home tie, I will have to redirect you to this page cause the work is already done in the page.

credit to frankrobbn1
https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/391#63425662

Bless up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SugaRush(f): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
Unchee:

Hey,
u don't have to pay full tuition or part tuition b4 applying for permit. In fact, cic advices that u don't pay tuition until ur study permit application is approved. Me, I only paid acceptance fee and still got my permit approved but that's not to say u can't pay if u want to but I think it doesn't matter

Thanks. I appreciate your comment!

I have another question. I just got my offer letter and my program starts on May 6 2019. Can I still apply for a study permit now or it is too late?

Do you advise that I get admission for September intake and apply for visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.