Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866452 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SugaRush(f): 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2019
makano:
Many peeps that didn't pay kobo got their study permit and some paid and also got. So its not compulsory you pay school fees at all cos its does not mean they will grant u the visa. Peeps here have paid full school fees and still got refused only for them to start having serious headache getting their school fees back. So the choice is urs... Peace

Thanks. I appreciate your comment!

I have another question. I just got my offer letter and my program starts on May 6 2019. Can I still apply for a study permit now or it is too late?

Do you advise that I get admission for September intake and apply for visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SugaRush(f): 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

A Nairalander we picked up at the airport yesterday (01/01/19) with moniker called lonelydude is coming in for his masters in western university london (top 10 school in Canada) and he paid nothing yet his visa was granted and we have also seen several of such cases.
Infact, his masters is a 1 year program and he got his visa.

However, let me state clearly that if your sponsor is not your family member and you don’t have any substantial amount of money in your own personal account, I will personally recommend the third party to make some commitment by paying part of your fees or send some of the money to your account (this is my opinion).

All the best.

I have another question. I just got my offer letter and my program starts on May 6 2019. Can I still apply for a study permit now or it is too late?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SugaRush(f): 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hi Everyone.

I have another question. I just got my offer letter and my program starts on May 6 2019. Can I still apply for a study permit now or is it too late?

Do you advise that I get admission for September intake instead and apply for visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Franksuka: 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
Austacus:

You mustn't show your company's account even if you're the main sponsor.

Your uncle should show some commitment by paying your tuition fee or transferring living expenses to you.
He should submit an affidavit of support, sponsorship letter, Account statement and letter of reference and his CAC or any document that shows his source of income

Your finance is very good as you stand to co-sponsor yourself
make sure you submit your CAC and other relevant documents that suffix your earn of living.

Make sure you show a very strong relationship between you and your uncle

Work more on your home tie, I will have to redirect you to this page cause the work is already done in the page.

credit to frankrobbn1
https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/391#63425662

Bless up

Thanks a bunch Austacus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 8:27pm On Mar 21, 2019
SugaRush:
Hi Everyone.

I have another question. I just got my offer letter and my program starts on May 6 2019. Can I still apply for a study permit now or is it too late?

Do you advise that I get admission for September intake instead and apply for visa?

You can submit as soon as possible. You have roughly 7weeks and anything can happen within that time frame. And as a contingency when you are required to confirm attendance by the institution you applied to you can always defer to fall semester (September). All the best just make sure you submit before the month runs out.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
JustMellow:

Some an applicants mistake two things as one when satisfying the VOs on one's ability to meet financial capability. I will use your case to make a brief explanation based on the excerpt from your question which you have been able to meet/show "proof of funds" for your studies in Canada.

The second aspect is to justify the "source of funds" which certainly you would have included some business/employment(economic) documents to back the source of funds and including the SOA gives your claim further credence which proves to two things:

1. If the said person is your sponsor, it shows the ability to meet personal responsibilities and catering for any intended needs after the funds dole out for your studies.

2. That outside the sponsorship funds made available to you, there is a reliable financial inflows irrespective of the purpose.

To answer your question; yes! It is compulsory and it will be also sagely if you include yours too.

I appreciate you taking your time to answer my question.

Meanwhile, i intend borrowing the fund for only tuition fee purpose and decides to include a letter from him and also affidavit of fact to support my application.

What do you suggest sir?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
MsJu:
Yes, I have sent her aPM even contacted the number she shared here but the person said it's a wrong number.

If that be the case, I'll try see if I can message her on your behalf. Hope that would be fine by you?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ic3tipz(m): 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2019
Oh I'm glad. I have been sticking my neck out searching. Thanks. Please kindly mail me on abikhuiehikioya@gmail.com.
hardeholar1:
You can connect with me here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Horlamidei(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
Am in trouble oh! I just finished finalizing my CAD100 payment to my online Conestoga College PGD application. Only for me to submit for review. Then i discovered my first choice program which is Construction Management am applying for which was still open this morning has been closed.

I studied and graduated with Civil Engineering as a fresh graduate skilled in website design and development with no work experience and certificate. Can i change and apply for PG in web design and development since that one is still open, please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:21am On Mar 22, 2019
gr8full2God:
Good day everyone

I got admission to UPEI undergraduate computer science yesterday. Here is my profile am 28 years old
I have an OND in computer Engineering 2011, have been working as a programmer since 2011 until the company shut down 2017 so I decided to study in Canada, my Dad is my sponsor and he as a strong SOA, what are my chances considering my age?

Secondly, there is a spelling different in my Dad last name is Taofik, my own last name is Taofeek. Do I still need prove to show that he's my Dad?

Thanks
Hello gr8full2God,

I noticed you have asked this question countless times on this thread and no one attempted to answer you. Sorry about that!. cool

First and foremost, I'll start by congratulating you on your admission into the university. In respect to your questions, Age has never pose to be a point at issue to a study visa to Canada so long as you can carefully account for your study gaps and explain reasonably what you've been up-to until this date, What made you not to further your education until now?, What makes you think that you can cope with the stringent Canadian system of education if paradventure you're been extended the privilege to study in Canada? All of these must be well substantiated in a logical modus operandi in your SOP. Taking into account the fact that you're going for a computer science program which is reasonable in light with your OND certificate in computer engineering, your chances are halfway. For this reason, I would suggest you say after your OND, you had too many options for studies but was not sure which one to choose. You never wanted to settle for something less just for the sake of earning a degree. You made so many efforts to further your undergraduate studies here in Nigeria but all attempts proved abortive as you were been offered a program you had no interest in. Ever since then, you've been working in the IT department as a programmer in your father's company. Your sole intention of doing this, is to spend some time in the business to understand what area that needs improvement and focus. Having worked there since 2011 till date, you discovered that the IT sector is the area that needs more improvement. With this discovery, you now made up your mind to further your studies abroad (Canada) so as to continue with your passion in the ever growing and unprecedented field of IT and potentially enhance your capabilities towards managing your father's business by applying new technologies in order to yield a remarkable result in the business and for her clients. Additionally, include professional certifications like C++, Java, Data Structure, and other programming languages... this will satisfy the visa officer that you're truly a bonafide applicant and have been following your passion since you last left school.

Attached is a screenshot from an applicant who is 51 years of age, going for a Post secondary diploma and got his study permit approved earlier last year 2018 and also an applicant on this reputable thread whose wife got approved in October, 2018 with huge study gaps. So it's very possible you can get yours as well only with a convincing letter.

On the other hand, you need to provide a notarized affidavit explaining the discrepancy between your dad's name and yours. Perhaps, you could put the blame on the typist while processing your dad's document.

Please note that the information on how you can cover up for your study gaps as drafted by me is a guide and musn't be plagiarized. grin. You may wish to add more/remove some points to what I have written.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out here, should you require further guidance.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by calculus4life: 2:42am On Mar 22, 2019
Please house Can someone travel in and out of Canada with a student visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jacintaflavian: 4:45am On Mar 22, 2019
ALT2:

Bro, I sent you a pm, please check.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ibbond(m): 6:59am On Mar 22, 2019
vsylva:
Watching Border Security: America's Frontline on DSTV 132 CBS Reality.. where a student from Congo arrived 2 months earlier then when school is meant to resume... he was sent back home... because the law is to travel into the country within 30 days to resumption date... reason im sharing this is just so those who have gotten their student visa and all should not be in a hurry and make same mistake... know the law abeg... cheers..

By the way please anyone here applied into Georgian College September 2019/2020 wanna know whos on my boat

Applied to Georgian college for May 2019. Would be leaving end of next month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 7:53am On Mar 22, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

If that be the case, I'll try see if I can message her on your behalf. Hope that would be fine by you?
You have a PM from me sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 8:02am On Mar 22, 2019
TRV processing time update 22/03/2019

Hi everyone,
As at today, 12 applicants have shared their timeline. Please if you have applied for a TRV, I would encourage you to share your timeline (which should include; the application date, application route, biometrics request date, date biometrics was done, medical request date, date medicals was done, date medicals was passed, and the current status). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates.

We have made attempts to "calculate" processing times. (Please note that this is just an average based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average). As we get more samples, I want to believe our calculations would be more "accurate".

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data, please share with me.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 8:16am On Mar 22, 2019
Please my first semester tuition fee deadline is today and all throughout the week I have been trying to sort out and use UBA master card for the payment because that is my personal account and that is the account I will he using for student Visa application. Please I need suggestions on which card I can use to pay for my tuition fee. I really need help to beat the deadline, these UBA guys wasted all my time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:18am On Mar 22, 2019
Okattamgbee:

You have a PM from me sir

Okay. I'll reach out to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:21am On Mar 22, 2019
Amahjosh:
Please my first semester tuition fee deadline is today and all throughout the week I have been trying to sort out and use UBA master card for the payment because that is my personal account and that is the account I will he using for student Visa application. Please I need suggestions on which card I can use to pay for my tuition fee. I really need help to beat the deadline, these UBA guys wasted all my time

Hi,

Please this question has been answered before. Kindly check my PREVIOUS POST

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TDultimate(m): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2019
Please how long does it take to get fees refund after reversal. It's more than 1 month now and no response to my mail..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TDultimate(m): 9:50am On Mar 22, 2019
Hello house
Please how long is d average time to get a fees refund after visa refusal from Canadian schools.
TDultimate:
Please how long does it take to get fees refund after reversal. It's more than 1 month now and no response to my mail..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:04am On Mar 22, 2019
I wont say it is too late applying for ur Visa for May intake, but I will advise you defer to September or January.. Reason is cos if you have been following the thread you will notice peeps here that have applied since last year are still awaiting their visa, but that doesn t mean yours will be delayed like that tho. But my candid advise is for you to defer ur admission to September so that when u eventually get ur Visa, you can still have ample time to prepare yourself before traveling, which can be very difficult when resuming for May. Peace
SugaRush:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gr8full2God: 11:36am On Mar 22, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Hello gr8full2God,

I noticed you have asked this question countless times on this thread and no one attempted to answer you. Sorry about that!. cool

First and foremost, I'll start by congratulating you on your admission into the university. In respect to your questions, Age has never pose to be a point at issue to a study visa to Canada so long as you can carefully account for your study gaps and explain reasonably what you've been up-to until this date, What made you not to further your education until now?, What makes you think that you can cope with the stringent Canadian system of education if paradventure you're been extended the privilege to study in Canada? All of these must be well substantiated in a logical modus operandi in your SOP. Taking into account the fact that you're going for a computer science program which is reasonable in light with your OND certificate in computer engineering, your chances are halfway. For this reason, I would suggest you say after your OND, you had too many options for studies but was not sure which one to choose. You never wanted to settle for something less just for the sake of earning a degree. You made so many efforts to further your undergraduate studies here in Nigeria but all attempts proved abortive as you were been offered a program you had no interest in. Ever since then, you've been working in the IT department as a programmer in your father's company. Your sole intention of doing this, is to spend some time in the business to understand what area that needs improvement and focus. Having worked there since 2011 till date, you discovered that the IT sector is the area that needs more improvement. With this discovery, you now made up your mind to further your studies abroad (Canada) so as to continue with your passion in the ever growing and unprecedented field of IT and potentially enhance your capabilities towards managing your father's business by applying new technologies in order to yield a remarkable result in the business and for her clients. Additionally, include professional certifications like C++, Java, Data Structure, and other programming languages... this will satisfy the visa officer that you're truly a bonafide applicant and have been following your passion since you last left school.

Attached is a screenshot from an applicant who is 51 years of age, going for a Post secondary diploma and got his study permit approved earlier last year 2018 and also an applicant on this reputable thread whose wife got approved in October, 2018 with huge study gaps. So it's very possible you can get yours as well only with a convincing letter.

On the other hand, you need to provide a notarized affidavit explaining the discrepancy between your dad's name and yours. Perhaps, you could put the blame on the typist while processing your dad's document.

Please note that the information on how you can cover up for your study gaps as drafted by me is a guide and musn't be plagiarized. grin. You may wish to add more/remove some points to what I have written.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out here, should you require further guidance.

...I really appreciate your response, I will work hard on the SOP and give it my best shot. Am greatful for ur response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2019
Sir Frank I just tried GT bank Master Card it still decline the payment. And i entered the banking hall and was told I can't pay that amount 2.4M using my naira card. Seems I will be using the dorm account route. But I am not sure if the money will get to the school before the deadline which is today.

Frankrobbn1:

Hi,

Please this question has been answered before. Kindly check my PREVIOUS POST
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hiykes: 11:51am On Mar 22, 2019
Please I'm looking for Colleges in Canada to apply for a Welding Fabrication course in Canada. I already did for NSCC. I want multiple options and guidelines if possible. Thanks

Naijaforeigner:

It is generally recommended that there is a career progression IF you are applying from Nigeria. However, there would always be exceptions due to context, Grace (for the religious folks), applicant's LOE or discretion of the VO.

Once you step foot in Canada, you don't need to worry about Career progression. You can do two 1 year programs (same level) and once you are done, you apply for PGWP.

P.S This is for all students coming to Canada. As a student you are allowed to work ON and OFF campus

OFF Campus = Max of 20 hours (some companies give you about 22 hours, depends on the shift)

ON Campus = Unlimited hours, although getting campus jobs could be challenging.

This means you can work more than 20 hours as a student if you can get ON campus job that does not clash with your time table while doing off campus jobs.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:56am On Mar 22, 2019
Okattamgbee:

I appreciate you taking your time to answer my question.

Meanwhile, i intend borrowing the fund for only tuition fee purpose and decides to include a letter from him and also affidavit of fact to support my application.

What do you suggest sir?

There is nothing wrong with borrowing but the most closest attention ought to be given in avoiding money lodgment that it's origin can't be justified.

Both your sponsor's letter and affidavit of sponsorship are likewise vital especially being a third party sponsorship(I guessed by the tone of your write up). If you feel the Affidavit of fact would increase the chances of your application, then do well to include it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vsylva(m): 11:59am On Mar 22, 2019
BRO.. make the payment using your dorm account the moment you initiate the transfer send an email to the school with the receipt of transfer to show you have done it... so they wait for it... if it takes whatever number of days it shouldnt matter because you made the payment before the deadline and you even notified them about it... i think... i stand to be corrected oh...

Amahjosh:
Sir Frank I just tried GT bank Master Card it still decline the payment. And i entered the banking hall and was told I can't pay that amount 2.4M using my naira card. Seems I will be using the dorm account route. But I am not sure if the money will get to the school before the deadline which is today.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2019
vsylva:
BRO.. make the payment using your dorm account the moment you initiate the transfer send an email to the school with the receipt of transfer to show you have done it... so they wait for it... if it takes whatever number of days it shouldnt matter because you made the payment before the deadline and you even notified them about it... i think... i stand to be corrected oh...

i though we could use flywire and our Normal naira MasterCard to make big payments
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vsylva(m): 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2019
WOw.. congrats bro... I only submitted my application last week... got a mail last night asking for a scanned copy of my passport... my question to you is.. how long did it take before you got your feedback on if you where admitted or not.

I will like to keep in touch with you as i go on with my process since i may be joining you in Barrie come September. I would mind having your whatsapp number... my email is victorsylva@gmail.com
Ibbond:

Applied to Georgian college for May 2019. Would be leaving end of next month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by crusader6(m): 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2019
Please I need help.. Under which category is SoP and recommendation letters required to be uploaded in Online application??

I earlier stated that my Studies will require work.. And during the application I am required to upload document to proof that..how can I proof it and can it affect my apolication negatively
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vsylva(m): 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2019
Well... maybe you can.. i dont know.. i wont say what i am not sure off.. i just know that for very large amounts sometimes using your debit card may bring issues... so making a wiretransfer seems best.. but i leave it to the experts in the house to comment on...
Nuel182:
i though we could use flywire and our Normal naira MasterCard to make big payments
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
Not all schools have the flywire option.i suggest u just pay in the bank like advised,scan the payment printout to the school making them aware of the payment.
Nuel182:

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.