Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,512 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (871333 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by toysleek(f): 7:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
DMerciful:
A friend is trying to pay but its declining. What bank card did you use?
I used Gtbank..payment can only go through during working hours.I think we are like 4-5 hrs ahead of them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
Okoriekwe:

Congratulations!!! Got same too from Dal. Awaiting their offer with funding package.

Didn't get any funding in my official email, so does that mean I dont get any funding?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2019
Thanks
toysleek:

I used Gtbank..payment can only go through during working hours.I think we are like 4-5 hrs ahead of them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bisimo: 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2019
Yes, you can apply

Cappymayor:

please i need some clarification,i i just finished my under graduate in russia and i am planning to apply from russia for a canadian study permit, i currently have 10 months left on my study visa in russia. i'm i eligible to apply from here based on this ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by BabsO2(m): 7:52pm On Mar 28, 2019
Asapant:
Good Morning everyone. I want to ask an important question. I recently ended my service year NYSC the week before last week. (13 days ago).

However, Our nysc certificate shows service yr stated April /19/ 2018 and ended April /18/ 2019. Meanwhile I plan to submit my application before April 19th. Among the list of documents I want to submit is my nysc certificate.

Hope I won't have any issue concerning the date on my nysc cert. Also what do I imput in current employment as I just finished my service 13 days ago and currently not employed ?

Kindly respond to me all. Thank you.

I think you are expected to have annual vacation. Since you will not be resuming back as a corper you are given your certificate in advance of the date the service ends officially and most likely paid in advance also for the remaining weeks. It is up to you to do what ever with your free period pending official end of NYSC.

Your current situation is unemployed if you have no job. Or more technically on "NYSC annual leave" just like a school break. Only you issue is after the period you are technically unemployed if you do not have a job by then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GMs: 8:53pm On Mar 28, 2019
: 8:46pm

I'd like to seek an advice regards to my application for masters ( Agric Business Management ), Canada, my first degree was B.sc Agric, 2015, being someone that's always been interested in politics and also love to cross from sciences to art, I decided to have my masters ( Masters of public and international relations ). Submitting my application, do I need to fill in the form that I also have a masters in MPIA, cause I heard they want you to do someone that's related to your first degree in your masters. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henkubert: 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2019
May 19 ,2018 Application
Medical Request August 21 ,2018
Medical Passed August 27

The last mail i got from them :

We write in reply to your enquiry of 21/2/19.

Your file is currently still in process. As soon as a decision has been made, or we require any additional information, you will be notified.

We trust this is of assistance to you.

Nothing from the CIC since ooooo

I don tire....Any suggestion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
Johnsonkelvin:
submitting a business SOA that has some months of (-amount)due to overdraft, but all the loans got paid up and some money were added b4 i submitted.
Could it have been a reason for unavailable funds to pay tuition?
Sponsor also included personal soa
any other suggestions??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Damidee06: 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
Can someone pls help with universities that doesnt require any english proficiency stuff and not really expensive ones. cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2019
Henkubert:
May 19 ,2018 Application
Medical Request August 21 ,2018
Medical Passed August 27

The last mail i got from them :

We write in reply to your enquiry of 21/2/19.

Your file is currently still in process. As soon as a decision has been made, or we require any additional information, you will be notified.

We trust this is of assistance to you.

Nothing from the CIC since ooooo

I don tire....Any suggestion

Chineke God!!!!....send webforms constantly but not all the time...u should get a passport request soon..bro u are not the only one in that situation...keep the faith
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2019
Damidee06:
Can someone pls help with universities that doesnt require any english proficiency stuff and not really expensive ones. cry

https://www.google.com/search?q=cheap%20unuversities%20in%20canada&hl=en-GB&gws_rd=ssl
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2019
Austacus:

grin You done lost us for the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
Anyways, Thanks for the insight on BRP, I just learnt something new today.

hahaha … My boss grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2019
Weldone Sis, you doing a great Job.. Please just a little suggestion.. Can you make the list more visible cos the more inputs u make, the more it gets tiny. So please make the required changes... A big welldone.
sillysassysally:
TRV processing time update 28/03/2019

Hey Nairaland Family,

We now have a sample of 22 hopefuls!

Please I would encourage those that have applied this year to share their timeline (whether you're a new or re-applicant, Application Route, School Resumption Date, Application Date, Biometrics Request Date, Biometrics Done Date, Medical Request, Medicals Done, Medicals Passed, PPR or the Current Status of your application). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates. (Please note that the calculated estimates are just averages based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average)

For those that have already submitted their timeline, kindly share if you are a new applicant or a re-applicant. Also, please share when you are expected to resume school. This would help us understand if there is a relationship between processing time and resumption date. (Cc Dedecoder, Godatwork23, Oni2019, Damlovey, Yacha77, docsaj, TheAfrikan, 2roodi, Oluwaseunbd, Bodineros, Klem28, AA07, Trishaben, Omarzx, ify85, Samolala2019, umulobi, Mykaelolalekan, Oyalfares)

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data or present the data so that it is more understandable, please share with me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
Cappymayor:

please i need some clarification,i i just finished my under graduate in russia and i am planning to apply from russia for a canadian study permit, i currently have 10 months left on my study visa in russia. i'm i eligible to apply from here based on this ?

Yes but have you gotten your LOA? If yes, don't waste time, apply NOW.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 10:45pm On Mar 28, 2019
Bro, people apply. ask around or visit CIC website for more information. its even on CIC WEBSITE so i dont need to argue much with you.
trishaben:

This is very wrong I.e the example you gave. If you're on a visiting visa in any country, you cannot apply for visa from there. The only instance you can apply for visa from a foreign country is if : you have a residence permit. Or work permit. Other than that. They will reject you based on immigration status in country of residence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 10:48pm On Mar 28, 2019
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1017&top=16

I am currently living in or visiting a country that I am not a citizen of. Can I apply for a visitor visa at the local visa office?

If you are applying on paper we recommend that you apply for a visa from your home country. However, if you are legally admitted to the country you are currently in, you can apply at your nearest visa application centre (VAC). The VAC can help make sure your application is complete and that all proper documentation is included. You must state clearly on your application why you have not applied in your normal country of residence.

You can also apply for a visa online.
Was this answer useful?
Naijaforeigner:

I don't think the bolded information is correct. Someone on a visitor's visa can apply to Canada from the UK? Please can you share the link to this on CIC website? I would love to see the link. Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by itsyourboya: 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2019
Any U of Alberta applicant for fall 2019 here?

No admission feedback yet chaaaiii...

This wait is long faaaa!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2019
you can bro. even with a visiting visa. Canada's case is a peculiar one compared to UK. but with visitng visa you must not exceed 90days in that country.
neverlosehope:
Also, if you have a study visa which is a just a temporary visa, you can apply from that country.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 10:59pm On Mar 28, 2019

I am currently living in or visiting a country that I am not a citizen of. Can I apply for a visitor visa at the local visa office?

If you are applying on paper we recommend that you apply for a visa from your home country. However, if you are legally admitted to the country you are currently in, you can apply at your nearest visa application centre (VAC). The VAC can help make sure your application is complete and that all proper documentation is included. You must state clearly on your application why you have not applied in your normal country of residence.

042viber12:

U can not apply from a country u dont have a PR to apply for a visa to another country o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 11:00pm On Mar 28, 2019

Cappymayor:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
Hello everyone,

Trust you all had a nice day. Please please I need someone to help me interpret my GCMS notes or give a link where i can find out what all the things they wrote means. My application still says in progress, and nothing new nor different from what I see online.
Please experts and gurus in the house kindly help. Thank you.

@Frankrobbn1, @naijaforeigner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tvickie(f): 4:08am On Mar 29, 2019
hello,

anyone going to Thompson rivers fall, 2019?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Damidee06: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2019
Good day nairalanders!!
Anyone for concordia university pls lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:37am On Mar 29, 2019
Tvickie:
hello,

anyone going to Thompson rivers fall, 2019?
Let's connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:38am On Mar 29, 2019
Mudicua:
Hello everyone,

Trust you all had a nice day. Please please I need someone to help me interpret my GCMS notes or give a link where i can find out what all the things they wrote means. My application still says in progress, and nothing new nor different from what I see online.
Please experts and gurus in the house kindly help. Thank you.

@Frankrobbn1, @naijaforeigner
Give a timeline of your application. I.e when you submitted, biometrics etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:47am On Mar 29, 2019
GMs:
: 8:46pm

I'd like to seek an advice regards to my application for masters ( Agric Business Management ), Canada, my first degree was B.sc Agric, 2015, being someone that's always been interested in politics and also love to cross from sciences to art, I decided to have my masters ( Masters of public and international relations ). Submitting my application, do I need to fill in the form that I also have a masters in MPIA, cause I heard they want you to do someone that's related to your first degree in your masters. Thank you

It's a two way street. A VO might look at your application and think
1. why is he/she applying for another msc and think you are trying to use it to get into Canada hence, not a bona fide student.
2. Why would you deviate into art and all of a sudden you want to go back into it. Most especially when you already stated your interest in politics
3. A detailed SOP might be in your favour and help you convince the VO. Which means you might just be favoured.

Lastly, for the sake of getting declined on the basis of "Purpose of Visit" I will advice that you make calculated plans which might include you choosing to declare your msc credentials or not. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2019
Damidee06:
Depends on your program. If it's MSc. Then you require an English exam. Most pre masters and diploma programs don't require English proficiency exams.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 29, 2019
Qudkom:

Give a timeline of your application. I.e when you submitted, biometrics etc.

He just wants som1 to help explain his gcms note...he hasn't been denied...he applied last year..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 10:11am On Mar 29, 2019
University of Regina, Cape Breton University, Carlton University, University of New Brunswick. In fact many universities and colleges waive proof of English for Nigerians. Just let them know English is your lingual franca and also your language of learning. Your transcript is a proof. Over 6 schools I contacted waived it!
Damidee06:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by japhethGold: 10:12am On Mar 29, 2019
Hello everyone, Congratulations to myself on securing a place at Smith School of Business, Queen's University to study Masters of Finance(MFIN). I got my admission decision from the schools admission committee yesterday.

My next priority now is to get study permit from CIC. I plan to submit online application next week and I am wondering if I would secure the permit before June 10th 2019 because my resumption is 21st June 2019. I pray that Almighty God who I Trust in will answer me by fire in JESUS NAME.

Please advise on the possibility of getting permit within this time frame and counsel me on the best approach to follow.

Many thanks for your support.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:23am On Mar 29, 2019
042viber12:

He just wants som1 to help explain his gcms note...he hasn't been denied...he applied last year..
I understand. I just needed to know when he submitted and all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Richard274: 10:28am On Mar 29, 2019
Good day all,

Pls i need an nurgent advice.

I got admission to study Global business management in centennial college (2yrs course). i have a challenge that i need advise for.

I have a wroking experience of 5yrs and my salary is 100k per month (aside normal side cut from office with isnt official). sometime in 2016 i applied for an american visa and i was denied. i used an agent and he filled 274k as my salary den. Now i am about to apply for for my student permit, my sponsors are my late fathers younger bro and my elder bro, my elder bro has a hotel, a construction company that is doing well and other properties, while my uncle has proterties too. my issue now is that if i use my salary account will it not affect my chances of getting the visa based on my passed record with d american embassy? i have more than a million naira in my salary acct and i intend to pay my fees before applying for the visa, the funds will be transaferred by both my uncle and my elder bro. or should i move all the money in my salary account to my other account.

Pls kindly advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.