Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (871192 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obiwiz(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
neverlosehope:
This thinking is incorrect.

I am presently in Canada studying with my family. We applied together and our visas were approved together. Also, I have many of my colleagues who applied together with their family and their visa were approved.

A family of mine started his program in UBC this January. He applied for his study visa along with his family at the same time and all the visas were approved. He came in for Masters degree and not PhD.

Thanks

Sir, can I PM you, please? I am looking to apply for an MSc in Canada, and I'm a bit lost. Pls I really need all the information and guidance I can get. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2019
gig1005:
@frankrobbn1 Please I need to know if my wife needs to write SOP AND LOE for re-applying. here is my email gig3939@gmail.com so you can help me review the LOE she composed already.

Hi boss,

She would need an LOE to address the concerns of the visa officer. I have responded to your PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2019
042viber12:

If u have applied, how long have u waited...if u applied since June 2018 Nd u are here seeing som1 that applied for that same tyn in January, getting it in March and u still dey fear the BOLDED ....i dont see how God will help wen u don't see that at that period u have the right to complain to them bitterly without holding words back...
I am not saying you shouldn't complain I am saying the tone used shouldn't be harsh.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2019
Not harsh per se but enough for them to get the message
Qudkom:

I am not saying you shouldn't complain I am saying the tone used shouldn't be harsh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2019
Hey guys, my letter of acceptance expires today and I have requested for an extension with multiple resumption dates just in case. How best can I update this on my application abeg. I need a response this time joooor. Gurus. @ sally , first time applicant. Resumption is 6 May.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
neverlosehope:
This thinking is incorrect.

I am presently in Canada studying with my family. We applied together and our visas were approved together. Also, I have many of my colleagues who applied together with their family and their visa were approved.

A family of mine started his program in UBC this January. He applied for his study visa along with his family at the same time and all the visas were approved. He came in for Masters degree and not PhD.

Thanks

Why is it incorrect?

Everyone's situation is unique and as such treated differently, what worked for you might not work for the other. Moreover, I found out from your profile that you've acquired enormous travel histories that would add to the visa officer's assessment that you're likely to return home after visit. I am not in the objection that family application can't be attainable. However, due to the fact that the applicant was refused on the basis of her purpose of visit to Canada which encompasses with several refusal reasons ranging from inadequate ties, course correlation between previous studies and current activity, as well as poorly written study plan. Thus, why i suggested she apply alone in an effort to evidence that her current situation has substantively changed and would merit a TRV. In summary, the applicant should order for their GCMS Note so as to have a clearer picture of what went wrong with the application as we might likely be dwelling on the basis of our assumptions.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2019
Hello from Canada, my people. I just touched down Toronto Pearson few minutes ago. I tried my best to document my journey in pictures.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2019
My meal during my wait at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.

P.S I purged after all the meals Ethiopian Airline served me. The flight was great nonetheless and the entertainment awesome as well.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
042viber12:

U can not apply from a country u dont have a PR to apply for a visa to another country o

an applicant can actually do on the exemption of a PR if the applicant has a legal status of a study or work permit but only on the exemption of a visiting visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2019
Took some pictures while waiting for the connecting flight from Ethiopia to Toronto, Canada.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2019
My view from over Addis Ababa. Take off time 11pm local time.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
After 16 hours and 45 minutes from Addis Ababa. Omo my back wan break

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
Baggage Claim.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2019
Difficult to document if you travelling alone. Any nairalander travelling via Ethiopian airline on 17th April?
Awuuga:
Baggage Claim.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2019
Thanks to naijaforeigner ( I hope I got the moniker right), I asked the immigration guy to give me a study permit that will let me work on and off the campus and he did.

This is why this forum is available, to prevent some of us coming from making mistakes others did.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2019
Couldn’t find anyone travelling on the same day.

DMerciful:
Difficult to document if you travelling alone. Any nairalander travelling via Ethiopian airline on 17th April?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2019
Is it because of your request or standard?
Awuuga:
Thanks to naijaforeigner ( I hope I got the moniker right), I asked the immigration guy to give me a study permit that will let me work on and off the campus and he did.

This is why this forum is available, to prevent some of us coming from making mistakes others did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:38pm On Mar 29, 2019
If you stay around Ontario, instead of using air canada or another connecting flight say Westjet to your city, you could use Rideshare and pay as low as CAD 60.
I have to wait some hours but I don’t mind.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2019
Standard but if you don’t ask, they could make a mistake and give you a work permit that will only let you work on campus. So to be on the safe side, ask.

P.S correcting the mistake on your study permit could take months.

DMerciful:
Is it because of your request or standard?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2019
Still at the airport, using airport Wi-Fi to update you guys grin

I will try and contribute to this thread as often as I can. Good luck to all the travel hopefuls.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2019
OK thanks noted!
Awuuga:
Standard but if you don’t ask, they could make a mistake and give you a work permit that will only let you work on campus. So to be on the safe side, ask.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2019
Is it normal to ask that you wanna work when I'm sure we all indicated that we are not going to work but school.
Awuuga:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2019
You’re going to school but you are allowed to work for 20 hours a week while the school is in session and 40 hours a week when the school isn’t.

Making sure you can work on and off campus shouldn’t be a big deal. It didn’t seem like one when I asked

yacha77:
Is it normal to ask that you wanna work when I'm sure we all indicated that we are not going to work but school.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lol abeg calm down. When sending the mail, breathe in and out as you write abeg. No hope is lost no matter how dire the situation looks, so long as you believe God will give it to you, you'll get it.

042viber12:
Pls who has that Kenyan guy in charge of immigration canada email....i am ready to express my disappointment...30weeks waiting for God knows wat!!!!!.....if this ends on a denial, believe me I will contest that decision cos if u cant give a decision within the timeline you gave...anything outside of it is a FAT LIE!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
Awuuga:
You’re going to school but you are allowed to work for 20 hours a week while the school is in session and 40 hours a week when the school isn’t.

Making sure you can work on and off campus shouldn’t be a big deal. It didn’t seem like one when I asked

OK nice, enjoy ur stay, we go soon show make VO answer us quick
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 7:00pm On Mar 29, 2019
I'm enjoying this photo documentation. Thank God for safe arrival. May the land favour you.

Awuuga:
Baggage Claim.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
yacha77:
Hey guys, my letter of acceptance expires today and I have requested for an extension with multiple resumption dates just in case. How best can I update this on my application abeg. I need a response this time joooor. Gurus. @ sally , first time applicant. Resumption is 6 May.
awaiting a response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
Amen. Thanks.

Bracha:
I'm enjoying this photo documentation. Thank God for safe arrival. May the land favour you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
Cappymayor:

please i need some clarification,i i just finished my under graduate in russia and i am planning to apply from russia for a canadian study permit, i currently have 10 months left on my study visa in russia. i'm i eligible to apply from here based on this ?

...as long as you still have a valid status(study permit) in Russia, you is eligible. All that is needed to be done from your part is proper calculation(s) so as not to be caught of status either before applying or waiting on your app to be processed after filing in order not to violate any immigration law. Irrespective of things, 10 months is a sufficient time to secure a TRV from Russia.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2019
I stepped out of the airport, the cold wey hook me for neck no dey laugh.
I’m set up here until I decide to finally leave.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
Please someone help me naaaa. Abeg!!
The message below refers:

Hello everyone,

Trust you all had a nice day. Please please I need someone to help interpret my GCMS notes or give a link where i can find out what all the things they wrote means. My application still says in progress, and nothing new nor different from what I see online.
Please experts and gurus in the house kindly help.

Thanks once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.