Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (870341 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
Where are the notes?
Mudicua:
Please someone help me naaaa. Abeg!!
The message below refers:

Hello everyone,

Trust you all had a nice day. Please please I need someone to help interpret my GCMS notes or give a link where i can find out what all the things they wrote means. My application still says in progress, and nothing new nor different from what I see online.
Please experts and gurus in the house kindly help.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cappymayor: 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2019
JustMellow:

...as long as you still have a valid status(study permit) in Russia, you is eligible. All that is needed to be done from your part is proper calculation(s) so as not to be caught of status either before applying or waiting on your app to be processed after filing in order not to violate any immigration law. Irrespective of things, 10 months is a sufficient time to secure a TRV from Russia.

Thank you bro,that's spot on from you.

considering that i'm married with a child,a landed property,my CAC company certificate which my wife takes charge ,are those enough as home ties?

i'm intending to use my SOA of my bank here in russia because of the good in flows and outflows it has over the last 4 years with a good closing balance of my tuition fee and enough to take care of myself for my entire program there.i have a good inflow and outflow of my GTB account as well but not as strong as my bank here. can i use the bank here as my SOA with a letter from my bank here? can i sponsor myself considering i'm 32 years old and with just my CAC company certificate with tax clearance?

i will appreciate your knowledge . thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1017&top=16

I am currently living in or visiting a country that I am not a citizen of. Can I apply for a visitor visa at the local visa office?

If you are applying on paper we recommend that you apply for a visa from your home country. However, if you are legally admitted to the country you are currently in, you can apply at your nearest visa application centre (VAC). The VAC can help make sure your application is complete and that all proper documentation is included. You must state clearly on your application why you have not applied in your normal country of residence.

You can also apply for a visa online.
Was this answer useful?

in as much your emphasis makes valid point likewise sharing a link from IRCC website to back your claim is understandable BUT still, I personally feels you missing the point.

A person on a Visiting Visa to a country can without any obstruction of immigration law visit another country only on the exceptions of criminal records, admissibility or otherwise BUT applying for a study permit(esp Canada) on a Visiting Visa is not sage, that of a work permit might be much attainable to a study permit given the circumstances.

The shared link spoke justice only for a Visit Visa and not Study Permit or Work Permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2019
Congratulations!!!
I'm going to Queen's too but MMIE.
Oh wow..submit ASAP.
Don't wait for anything once you have all documents....

japhethGold:

Hello everyone, Congratulations to myself on securing a place at Smith School of Business, Queen's University to study Masters of Finance(MFIN). I got my admission decision from the schools admission committee yesterday.

My next priority now is to get study permit from CIC. I plan to submit online application next week and I am wondering if I would secure the permit before June 10th 2019 because my resumption is 21st June 2019. I pray that Almighty God who I Trust in will answer me by fire in JESUS NAME.

Please advise on the possibility of getting permit within this time frame and counsel me on the best approach to follow.

Many thanks for your support.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2019
Not sure they offer any September intake.
Would have to be next year.
It's worth trying.
042viber12:

I would say to deffer the admission to September but who knows, u might get it b4 june....my 2kobo peace!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cappymayor: 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2019
AAO7:
Congratulations!!!
I'm going to Queen's too but MMIE.
Oh wow..submit ASAP.
Don't wait for anything once you have all documents....

please did you submit GMAT or GRE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
you can bro. even with a visiting visa. Canada's case is a peculiar one compared to UK. but with visitng visa you must not exceed 90days in that country.

The feasibility of an approval is slim compared to either applying from home country or other legal status outside a visiting visa based on these circumstances:

1. Immigration status
2. Home ties - convincing the VO on leaving the country willingly
3. Satisfying the requirements of been a genuine student

In only one case I have been fortunate to witness of a then applicant who applied from US for a study permit(but wasn't clear if it was via a visiting visa but the said moniker travelled from Naija to US for such purpose) but the moniker has a pretty convincing travel history, financial capacity and source of funds well established.

But still its not sage for any applicant on a Visiting Visa to attempt applying for a Study Permit because the chances of approval is much slim than even applying from home country which everything is pinpointed to "personal circumstances."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2019
GRE.

Cappymayor:

please did you submit GMAT or GRE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbaletu: 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2019
Following...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DBlessedofGod: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2019
Me but still awaiting LOA
How long did it take for you to get your LOA

[Aquote author=Tvickie post=77079037]hello,

anyone going to Thompson rivers fall, 2019?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2019
Cappymayor:

Thank you bro,that's spot on from you.

considering that i'm married with a child,a landed property,my CAC company certificate which my wife takes charge ,are those enough as home ties?

i'm intending to use my SOA of my bank here in russia because of the good in flows and outflows it has over the last 4 years with a good closing balance of my tuition fee and enough to take care of myself for my entire program there.i have a good inflow and outflow of my GTB account as well but not as strong as my bank here. can i use the bank here as my SOA with a letter from my bank here? can i sponsor myself considering i'm 32 years old and with just my CAC company certificate with tax clearance?

i will appreciate your knowledge . thanks

YES to all the asked questions.

I think this question has been answered here before, the answers were valid. You can go back to peruse it for a second time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
hi wonderful e-community,
thanks for your spirited effort in this noble thread.
please help a brother, I graduated with a third class 2.05/5.00 but my wes evaluation was 2.70/4.00.
I learnt one cannot apply directly for a master's degree program in Canada but has to apply for a post graduate diploma first. please is the pgd same as graduate certificate or advanced diploma?
pls do help me with one or two colleges in Canada that I can apply for admission.
thank you plenty

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by BabsO2(m): 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2019
japhethGold:

Hello everyone, Congratulations to myself on securing a place at Smith School of Business, Queen's University to study Masters of Finance(MFIN). I got my admission decision from the schools admission committee yesterday.

My next priority now is to get study permit from CIC. I plan to submit online application next week and I am wondering if I would secure the permit before June 10th 2019 because my resumption is 21st June 2019. I pray that Almighty God who I Trust in will answer me by fire in JESUS NAME.

Please advise on the possibility of getting permit within this time frame and counsel me on the best approach to follow.

Many thanks for your support.

Having online bank reference saves application processing time we were told by CIC in their Jan 2019 EduCanada Fair at Federal Palace Lagos. Having a signed paper reference can add 6 weeks plus to your study permit application processing. The issue is not all banks have it. GTB has it and I think (not sure) UBA has it. But First Bank doesn't. So your sponsors bank having it helps. That is the little I know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 29, 2019
BigUgo21:
please help a brother, I graduated with a third class 2.05/5.00 but my wes evaluation was 2.70/4.00.
I learnt one cannot apply directly for a master's degree program in Canada but has to apply for a post graduate diploma first. please is the pgd same as graduate certificate or advanced diploma?
pls do help me with one or two colleges in Canada that I can apply for admission.
thank you plenty

Google is the fastest way to get it...u can try Algonquin college though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wolex2090: 2:21am On Mar 30, 2019
@Dmerciful,please,is it possible to process pgd admission without using WES and English test examination?

Secondly,my age on passport doesn't tally with my original waec result...is it possible I only use my graduate transcript only without the waec? I intend to go for post graduate diploma.

Please reply , thanks.

DMerciful:
Nope... just scans of the original documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 2:28am On Mar 30, 2019
Mudicua:
Please someone help me naaaa. Abeg!!
The message below refers:

Hello everyone,

Trust you all had a nice day. Please please I need someone to help interpret my GCMS notes or give a link where i can find out what all the things they wrote means. My application still says in progress, and nothing new nor different from what I see online.
Please experts and gurus in the house kindly help.

Thanks once again.

So sorry bro, I think you mentioned my name before to help you look at it but I am so busy at the moment. Frank, Austacus, O42viber12, justmellow, Bracha, Qudcum, awuuga and the other gurus will help out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 2:33am On Mar 30, 2019
Awuuga:
Thanks to naijaforeigner ( I hope I got the moniker right), I asked the immigration guy to give me a study permit that will let me work on and off the campus and he did.

This is why this forum is available, to prevent some of us coming from making mistakes others did.

Welcome bro to the land of opportunities. God be with you bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 2:54am On Mar 30, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1017&top=16

I am currently living in or visiting a country that I am not a citizen of. Can I apply for a visitor visa at the local visa office?

If you are applying on paper we recommend that you apply for a visa from your home country. However, if you are legally admitted to the country you are currently in, you can apply at your nearest visa application centre (VAC). The VAC can help make sure your application is complete and that all proper documentation is included. You must state clearly on your application why you have not applied in your normal country of residence.

You can also apply for a visa online.
Was this answer useful?

Thanks for sharing the link. However, I must say it is a very difficult one to convince the visa officer. For example, you go on a visit to UK (visitors visa is usually for pleasure, tourism or medicals) and then all of a sudden, you changed your mind while in the UK on that same visa and decided to go and study in Canada and then you fill your application, submit inside UK. Think about it.

I will never say it is impossible but it is a difficult one. This is my opinion.

I rest my case on this issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 3:13am On Mar 30, 2019
042viber12:

If u have applied, how long have u waited...if u applied since June 2018 Nd u are here seeing som1 that applied for that same tyn in January, getting it in March and u still dey fear the BOLDED ....i dont see how God will help wen u don't see that at that period u have the right to complain to them bitterly without holding words back...

My brother, you are doing a good job on this forum, God will bless you.

Always look at the big picture. You have waited for about 40 weeks and you want to spoil it all with a nasty message to the VO/CIC? To what end? I am not saying do not communicate how you feel to them but sending a nasty or rude message is a NO NO. You can let them know how this wait has affected you psychologically and so forth but please be polite.

Please sleep well tonight, tomorrow and maybe take some days off Nairaland and do something outside to have fun before you send any message to CIC. How can you let this anger go? Thank God daily for having the opportunity to apply to Canada, it is a rare privilege only few will have in life.

Any pain you are feeling now, the moment you get that visa, you will forget it. Hold on bro, please hold on. I am very positive you are coming to Canada very soon, you will get your visa and you will share your testimony here but please don't let anger prevent you from reaching the promise land.

God bless.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wolex2090: 3:21am On Mar 30, 2019
DMerciful:
University of Regina, Cape Breton University, Carlton University, University of New Brunswick. In fact many universities and colleges waive proof of English for Nigerians. Just let them know English is your lingual franca and also your language of learning. Your transcript is a proof. Over 6 schools I contacted waived it!

@Dmerciful, supposing have been given admission,do I still need to submit all the results I used to secure the admission to Canadian embassy when am applying for the visa? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 5:51am On Mar 30, 2019
DMerciful:
University of Regina, Cape Breton University, Carlton University, University of New Brunswick. In fact many universities and colleges waive proof of English for Nigerians. Just let them know English is your lingual franca and also your language of learning. Your transcript is a proof. Over 6 schools I contacted waived it!
Hi bro.. sent you a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Horlamidei(m): 6:05am On Mar 30, 2019
BigUgo21:
thank you plentyz

George Brown College too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:22am On Mar 30, 2019
The school will ask for your official transcript and waec result so it's a big challenge. You can correct your passport in Abuja for about 180k
wolex2090:

@Dmerciful,please,is it possible to process pgd admission without using WES and English test examination?

Secondly,my age on passport doesn't tally with my original waec result...is it possible I only use my graduate transcript only without the waec? I intend to go for post graduate diploma.

Please reply , thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:23am On Mar 30, 2019
Only your degree and ielts if you have
wolex2090:

@Dmerciful, supposing have been given admission,do I still need to submit all the results I used to secure the admission to Canadian embassy when am applying for the visa? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:29am On Mar 30, 2019
You can process pgd without WES and English test and infact most schools don't require wes or English test!
wolex2090:

Please reply , thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jiggsbaby: 7:45am On Mar 30, 2019
Please do anyone know the acceptance rate for canndian Mennonite university for undergraduate students? and is it also a good school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jiggsbaby: 7:54am On Mar 30, 2019
Does Canadian Mennonite University have any tuition deposit once ur application has been accepted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 8:35am On Mar 30, 2019
Jiggsbaby:
Please do anyone know the acceptance rate for canndian Mennonite university for undergraduate students? and is it also a good school?

Do you have IELTS result?
If not, forget Memorial University for undergraduate but for graduate study, you don't need it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 8:38am On Mar 30, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

My brother, you are doing a good job on this forum, God will bless you.

Always look at the big picture. You have waited for about 40 weeks and you want to spoil it all with a nasty message to the VO/CIC? To what end? I am not saying do not communicate how you feel to them but sending a nasty or rude message is a NO NO. You can let them know how this wait has affected you psychologically and so forth but please be polite.

Please sleep well tonight, tomorrow and maybe take some days off Nairaland and do something outside to have fun before you send any message to CIC. How can you let this anger go? Thank God daily for having the opportunity to apply to Canada, it is a rare privilege only few will have in life.

Any pain you are feeling now, the moment you get that visa, you will forget it. Hold on bro, please hold on. I am very positive you are coming to Canada very soon, you will get your visa and you will share your testimony here but please don't let anger prevent you from reaching the promise land.

God bless.

I have the belief that this application will come out positive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bleuocean: 9:00am On Mar 30, 2019
pls who knows school that offers master in sociology?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by umulobi: 9:15am On Mar 30, 2019
Awuuga:
Still at the airport, using airport Wi-Fi to update you guys grin

I will try and contribute to this thread as often as I can. Good luck to all the travel hopefuls.
Did you buy a return ticket or one way ticket? And estimated airfare on ET from Lagos to Ontario?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2019
Please when did u apply for ur Visa? If your application isnt over 8 months, u dont have any right to say this. I fully support Bracha, Its assif you dont even know how it feels to wait for over 8 months without any communication from those nitwits... If they communicate with us occasionally now, that is different.. They just kept mute for over 8 months without saying a word.. What Bracha wrote is even small, If i have the opportunity of knowing their office, believe you me I will go there and cause a scene, cos what they are doing is blatant rubbish..Application that is suppose to be given a decision within 2 months is taking forever.. God pass them..
Qudkom:

How on earth can you ask someone to say that to a visa office. A VISA IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT!!!!! I can guarantee you that if you say that they will not only reject the application they will flag the applicants name. I really can't believe you just sai this. And to the concerned party please be patient by the grace of God it will end well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.