Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865222 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hardeholar1(m): 9:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
Am not stalking you but it obvious you are not on the list before now
It will end in praise
sillysassysally:
lol, are you stalking me? grin
I'm not the creator oh, a couple of people have done this in previous threads...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland fam,

I hope you all had a great weekend! May this new week feature approvals and medical requests in Jesus name... Amen

We now have a sample of 42 hopefuls but i want to encourage those that have not shared their timeline to please do. Let us contribute to this wonderful thread as we have benefited from it. This is the only way the thread can grow. For those that have submitted their timeline but haven't shared all the information we need, please help in sharing the full details (especially school resumption month and whether or not your application is new).

Also, if you guys have any ideas on how we can present this information better or what else we can add to it or remove from it, I am always open any adjustment that'll make this better.

Mine is online route not paper. Thanks and may God Almighty through his grace grant us success in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tajmal: 9:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
Happy Sunday all, I applied for post graduate diploma in George Brown College and I have not heard from them since. I sent them an email but they replied by telling me that they are still processing it. Justwise,vibre,frank and the others, please why do you think they are delaying. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tajmal: 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
Mrves111:
Happy Sunday all, I applied for post graduate diploma in George Brown College and I have not heard from them since. I sent them an email but they replied by telling me that they are still processing it. Justwise,vibre,frank and the others, please why do you think they are delaying. Thanks
I applied to GBC last year sometime around March. I didn't get a response from them until around June when they asked me to send them my official transcript from my university, although I had uploaded the transcript when applying. I think it's their tradition to delay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tajmal: 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland fam,

I hope you all had a great weekend! May this new week feature approvals and medical requests in Jesus name... Amen

We now have a sample of 42 hopefuls but i want to encourage those that have not shared their timeline to please do. Let us contribute to this wonderful thread as we have benefited from it. This is the only way the thread can grow. For those that have submitted their timeline but haven't shared all the information we need, please help in sharing the full details (especially school resumption month and whether or not your application is new).

Also, if you guys have any ideas on how we can present this information better or what else we can add to it or remove from it, I am always open any adjustment that'll make this better.

Application route: Online
Application date: 2nd April
Biometrics:N/A ( Reapplication)
School resumption:May 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 2:45am On Apr 15, 2019
Dear @justmellow, @frankrobbn1 @Qudkom, and other anointed study permit experts, Someone referred me to this forum after I have applied. This is my predicament hereunder

I lodged an application sometimes in late June 2018 with an upfront medical (already updated as passed) and I have not been responded to since then even after several frantic and frenetic efforts of sending emails and CSE (I even ordered for my GCMS note).
I now have my new admission letter with me after the previous one has elapsed, Should I send them the new admission letter (when the embassy have not requested for it?) Any consequence(s)?

The second question is this, I am self-sponsored, and I presented ONLY Reference letter from my bank stating the amount of my investment which is about 13m cash which can be liquidated at any time. ( about 13m good enough for my programme and living expenses) I also stated that I have been saving the money towards my master ever since I conceived the idea of having my masters abroad.
Up till now, I still haven't taken out of the invested sum and it has appreciated. No SOA whatsoever in my application. So, should I also send them a recent reference letter from the bank along with my new admission letter?

KIndly advise me, please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 2:51am On Apr 15, 2019
@makano, I sent you a PM sir. thanks and happy new week

makano:
Of course bro, would be expecting.. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:18am On Apr 15, 2019
olamidemessi:
Dear @justmellow, @frankrobbn1 @Qudkom, and other anointed study permit experts, Someone referred me to this forum after I have applied. This is my predicament hereunder

I lodged an application sometimes in late July 2018 with an upfront medical (already updated as passed) and I have not been responded to since then even after several frantic and frenetic efforts of sending emails and CSE (I even ordered for my GCMS note).
I now have my new admission letter with me after the previous one has elapsed, Should I send them the new admission letter (when the embassy have not requested for it?) Any consequence(s)?

The second question is this, I am self-sponsored, and I presented ONLY Reference letter from my bank stating the amount of my investment which can be liquidated at any time. ( about 13m good enough for my programme and living expenses) I also stated that I have been saving towards my master ever since I conceived the idea of having my masters abroad.
Up till now, I still haven't taken out of the invested sum and it has appreciated. No SOA whatsoever in my application. So, should I also send them a recent reference letter from the bank along with my new admission letter?

KIndly advise me, please.

It would only take the grace of God for this application to scale through with what you submitted as financial supports.

I saw this post yesterday and I never wanted to comment on it, but I gotta do it to clear my conscience

Please make sure you submit liquid cash of around 4-2 million (even if it’s a lump sum, just do it, you gotta take the risk)

Don’t liquidate your fixed deposit if only you can get the 4-2 million. (If you can liquidate it, I swear it’s gotta help you a lot)

When you run around for the money in your account or you decided to liquidate the already matured investment... don’t hesitate to fall into my signature or rather, just do the needful by sending the account to CIC and explain it to them constructively

I wonder what your Gcms notes would be saying concerning funds. Had it been you have a scholarship or funding it would have been better for you.

Meanwhile, for the main time, send the new letter of admission to CIC NOW

I don’t attend to email messages again but will attend to yours if only you do what I asked you to do

Have a great week!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 7:31am On Apr 15, 2019
Austacus:

It would only take the grace of God for this application to scale through with what you submitted as financial supports.

I saw this post yesterday and I never wanted to comment on it, but I gotta do it to clear my conscience

Please make sure you submit liquid cash of around 4-2 million (even if it’s a lump sum, just do it, you gotta take the risk)

Don’t liquidate your fixed deposit if only you can get the 4-2 million. (If you can liquidate it, I swear it’s gotta help you a lot)

When you run around for the money in your account or you decided to liquidate the already matured investment... don’t hesitate to fall into my signature or rather, just do the needful by sending the account to CIC and explain it to them constructively

I wonder what your Gcms notes would be saying concerning funds. Had it been you have a scholarship or funding it would have been better for you.

Meanwhile, for the main time, send the new letter of admission to CIC NOW

Have great week!

Boss,thank you for your response .but I don't seems to understand the bolded sir .
The investment is money and not asset . And it was 13m as at the time of my application and now it has accrued
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:35am On Apr 15, 2019
olamidemessi:

Boss,thank you for your response .but I don't seems to understand the bolded sir .
The investment is money and not asset. And it was 13m as at the time of my application and now it has accrued

Sorry to burst your bubbles!

(Like I said it can only take the grace of God)

Enjoy your week!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 8:39am On Apr 15, 2019
Bracha:
Aww... This saddens my heart, I'm really sorry to hear this. By God's grace something better will come your way. Please keep the dream alive; it may not be Canada, but just keep the dream alive.
God bless.

@Bracha-thanks.....I go try!
Please if a candidate has different certificates with the names not been arranged properly, what should the candidate do to regularise (e.g WAEC has ABC as names, NECO has ACB as names, BSC has BAC as names, NYSC has BCA as names)?
Thanks People
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 8:53am On Apr 15, 2019
Austacus:

Sorry to burst your bubbles!

(Like I said it can only take the grace of God)

Enjoy your week!

Sincerely , I quite appreciate your response , but honestly I do not still understand your submissions. I have sent you a PM sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2019
Timothyphillips:

Please if a candidate has different certificates with the names not been arranged properly, what should the candidate do to regularise (e.g WAEC has ABC as names, NECO has ACB as names, BSC has BAC as names, NYSC has BCA as names)?
Thanks People

You can write an affidavit to state that ABC is your rightful name and the name on your birth certificate...also include age incase a mistake was made there too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:18am On Apr 15, 2019
In addition to what Viber said, I think you can swear an affidavit stating that all of them are your name; as in one affidavit for each document.

Austacus, Qudkom, JustMellow what do y'all think about his case?

Timothyphillips:

Thanks People

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Elthugnificent(m): 9:19am On Apr 15, 2019
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2019
You aren't involved. It's for those who applied for visa last year May.

mulikky:

Resume in May,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ILoveDLord(m): 9:25am On Apr 15, 2019
Very matured, non temperamental and understanding response. I believe you were intentionally with your matured response.

That's what I am talking about, positive energy!!

JustMellow:

Hello Bracha,

I'm always open to corrections that's what builds knowledge. I am not here to teach or learn English, what's important is been able to pass out the needed message. Its intentional for me using the preference of "You is" to "You are" - Thanks for the observation, I guess I have to discard my old dictionaries and get a new one, then study it in depth to address the other raised points of "words misuse" and the application of "words in their right context."

I laughed uncontrollably and almost choked when i saw your post, and i appreciate your politeness but your post would have attributed to my improvement if only you had offered to tutor me. Now, am vexed!

You should know this: No offense taken.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 9:28am On Apr 15, 2019
I don't think there should be worry for this. In as much as your birth certificate carries the exact DOB on you WEAC, NECO and also tallies with you Int'l passport.
Your birth Cert, Int'l passport will help.

Your birth Cert
Waec and Neco result
Int'l passport. These three documents will carry your DOB. Also the image on ur int'l passport with other photographs of yours are sufficient enough to clear doubts.

Timothyphillips:

Thanks People

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by lambsbread: 9:34am On Apr 15, 2019
Please guys, I have like 2 million naira. Will it be enough to process a master program in Canada? If no, please how much will I need at least?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2019
Please who has contact details(phone number or Email address) of IOM ikeja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 15, 2019
lambsbread:
Please guys, I have like 2 million naira. Will it be enough to process a master program in Canada? If no, please how much will I need at least?

Not really sure that would be enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:41am On Apr 15, 2019
I'll add to what Austacus has said, that cash you have there, send a statement of account NOT a reference letter. Send the statement of account when sending the new admission letter. When sending the statement of account, tell them it's an update. Make sure you properly explain that the statement of account is the same one with the letter of reference. Also, have the whole sum in your account, i.e the whole tuition + 10,000cad in your account. Your letter of reference from your bank is NOT proof of funds.

Whatever Makano tells you to do, even if it gets their attention, you may still not get that visa because of funds. So update that letter to statement of account first.

olamidemessi:

The investment is money and not asset . And it was 13m as at the time of my application and now it has accrued
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oladimejii(m): 9:46am On Apr 15, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland fam,

Application route: Paper
Application date: 12th April
Biometrics:N/A ( Reapplication)
School resumption:September 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by lambsbread: 9:46am On Apr 15, 2019
042viber12:

Not really sure that would be enough
How much do you think one should have at least?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:46am On Apr 15, 2019
All you need to get admission is good CGPA, undergraduate transcripts, application fee. BUT for visa, your 2 million will be very insufficient. You'll need about 10million or more, depending on the province, tuition cost of the school, and cost of living in the province.

lambsbread:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:48am On Apr 15, 2019
Lagos Office

Address:
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
No 1, Isaac John Street
G.R.A. Ikeja – Lagos.
Tel: +234 (0) 807 219 1112, +234 (0) 80 2226 4059, +234 (0) 90 9215 6079
E-Mail: iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

042viber12:
Please who has contact details(phone number or Email address) of IOM ikeja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 15, 2019
Morning all, please what are the chances of securing a full funded scholarship with a 4.42 cgpa in Accounting.

Any recommended school would be greatly appreciated

It seems a good number of people here are science oriented.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 9:56am On Apr 15, 2019
Bracha:
In addition to what Viber said, I think you can swear an affidavit stating that all of them are your name; as in one affidavit for each document.

Austacus, Qudkom, JustMellow what do y'all think about his case?

He should submit the following l:

~Submit an affidavits of change of name
~Publish your name in Newspaper
~Submit any of your national ID, intl passport, voters card or drivers license that has the original name
~write a letter explaining the change of name.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 15, 2019
Bracha:
All you need to get admission is good CGPA, undergraduate transcripts, application fee. BUT for visa, your 2 million will be very insufficient. You'll need about 10million or more, depending on the province, tuition cost of the school, and cost of living in the province.

What's the best way to go about the visa application after one has secured a fully funded scholarship.

With cash not presently on ground but with assets (land and building) that could be put on sale to rise the needed cash.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abbycole930(m): 9:59am On Apr 15, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

You are on track bro, I am currently in Fanshawe college doing a PGC as well. I hope the course you want to study in college is similar to your BSc degree. Play your part by reading through this thread to know all the documents required, have faith and leave the rest to God.

Timothyphillips thanks for the mention boss.

God bless you for this response ,dem don almost kill me for house thinking I did it wrong
My course I want to study is environmental management and assessment ,while my b.sc course is Geography and environmental management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 10:03am On Apr 15, 2019
Asapant:
I don't think there should be worry for this. In as much as your birth certificate carries the exact DOB on you WEAC, NECO and also tallies with you Int'l passport.
Your birth Cert, Int'l passport will help.

Your birth Cert
Waec and Neco result
Int'l passport. These three documents will carry your DOB. Also the image on ur int'l passport with other photographs of yours are sufficient enough to clear doubts.

Thanks @Asapant, Viber and Bracha(as always)
.....Please are you saying there's no need for an Affidavit if DOB on Birth cert, Waec and Intl Passport is same?... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2019
RonKenoly:

What's the best way to go about the visa application after one has secured a fully funded scholarship.

With cash not presently on ground but with assets (land and building) that could be put on sale to rise the needed cash.

If by fully funded scholarship you mean both tuition and cost of living, then you are good...
The other angles are :
- are you a fresh graduate?
-how any years work experience?
-do you have study gap?
- home ties?
.....these should give an idea of the situation. Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.