Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865814 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
You can if you have full funding i.e you have enough funding to cover both tuition and living expenses all through your academic sessions.

lambsbread:

10 million or more
Hehehe. It will take me donkey years to save up to that
Na wa o. So there is no way one can even get visa even with 5 million
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
Last time I used IOM was in 2017, they told me they'll send it in 2 days. It may have changed now, ask them. I do prefer IOM to Qlife because IOM is faster in almost every way. The only downside is that they're costlier.

042viber12:

Pls who used IOM and how long does it take them upload the results...prefer IOM cos Qlife just gave me May 6th....too far plus that's enough time to get a passport request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
Like Austacus said, get cash of about 2million in your saving account or partly liquidate your fixed deposit. When I applied, I had Treasury bills, fg bonds, mutual funds, fixed deposits and #2.8 million cash! The raw cash is necessary!
olamidemessi:

Boss,thank you for your response .but I don't seems to understand the bolded sir .
The investment is money and not asset . And it was 13m as at the time of my application and now it has accrued

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hello, please what session will I upload tuition deposit receipt?
Secondly, in the acceptance session, is it only the acceptance letter attached to the congratulatory email I got from my school I will upload or there are still other things?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abbycole930(m): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
Kiddy123:
bro how did you go about niagara college ... did you use ielts in applying

No I didn't I only submitted my waec result (scanned ) and I paid application fee $150 that's all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 1:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
LearnAndObey:
Secondly, in the acceptance session, is it only the acceptance letter attached to the congratulatory email I got from my school I will upload or there are still other things?

Thanks

Scan your SOA together with other financial docs like tuition fee receipt in a single file and upload
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
Senatorkolade:

Scan your SOA together with other financial docs like tuition fee receipt in a single file and upload
Alright. Thank you sir!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
Pls expert in the house can i secure admission in Canadian university with NAPTEB/WAEC combined result....pls i need ur assistance if yes which school? I want to enroll for my master degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2019
Senatorkolade:

Expert in the house pls help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2019
Timothyphillips:

@Bracha-thanks.....I go try!
Please if a candidate has different certificates with the names not been arranged properly, what should the candidate do to regularise (e.g WAEC has ABC as names, NECO has ACB as names, BSC has BAC as names, NYSC has BCA as names)?
Thanks People

I had the same issue. What I did was swear an affidavit stating that all names belong to one and the same person and that I now wish to be addressed as........(as it is on my Int’l passport and birth certificate)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2019
You, said masters right?
I think what you need is your first degree to secure admission and not O'levels then.

ahmedio2017:
Pls expert in the house can i secure admission in Canadian university with NAPTEB/WAEC combined result....pls i need ur assistance if yes which school? I want to enroll for my master degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kennykolabo: 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
Good afternoon, please, kindly assist me with the link or step by step PAPER ROUTE process of submitting “visiting visa for Canada”
I have filled the necessary checklist forms for my parents And they are going to submit tomorrow.
I don’t want them to be embarrassed when they get to VSF tomorrow. Please how do I arrange the forms. Are there forms we are to sign by hand please?
Just the link or the step-by-step process of submitting. It’s a paper route for visiting visa. I tried to check you tube but I didn’t see English language video. They were mostly in other languages. Please help a brother I know this is where i will get an answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
042viber12:

Was in this same dilemma 2weeks ago...send the updated admission letter via webform and mail...they will see it and include it in your file..i will also suggest u get a sponsor, send his/her own SOA and yours too...thats Wat I feel is the solution...them for the clue...pm me..i will send you how to get their attention...

I have sent you a PM bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Austacus:

You’ve spoken well.

I don’t want this guy to risk this thing

Lemme tell you something I noticed about London VOs

They have listening ears compared to Nairobi VOs

London VOs don’t just refused visa straight up compared to Nairobi VOs

They would give you the grace to tackle it, they might even wait for you for 2 months plus, in this case, thats why it’s always good to order Gcms note if your application have used 3 months (processing time or no processing time)

London VOs don’t have problem in updating medical has passed compared to Nairobi VOs.

Application can stay more than 8 months and yet be refused (London VOs)

Upfront or Medical mail can be passed and yet be refused on a long run (London VOs)

I don’t want this guy to take that risk, that’s why am kneeling down right now for him, he should liquidate the fixed deposit or send 4-2 million to his account and do the explanation which I am ready to help him.

He shouldn’t gamble this stuff, he has waited for about 9 months now.

If he has gotten his Gcms notes, he will see everything

PS: these guys are more interested in LIQUID CASH

Boss, now I get your point . Pls for God sake, I have sent you a PM . I want advise . That's why I've rushed down here .thanks sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 2:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
chibertha:
You, said masters right?
I think what you need is your first degree to secure admission and not O'levels then.

The person processing it for me ask me to send my olevel result, that without it they will not give me admission

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2019
Qudkom:

It's a good point. 042viber12 gave a solid advice on how to go about it.

you quoted wrongly smiley

Cc: Bracha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
LearnAndObey:

Thanks

The tuition deposit receipt should be uploaded in the Proof of funds column whilst the admission letter should be solely uploaded in the acceptance letter column
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2019
olamidemessi:

Boss, now I get your point . Pls for God sake, I have sent you a PM . I want advise . That's why I've rushed down here .thanks sir

I won’t reply to your dm if you didn’t do what I asked you to do.
Hence, if you have any question in mind, please ask, it would be answered in the thread for others to learn.

PS: mind you, I am not saying the application cannot scale through.

Keep hope alive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
Austacus:

Hence, if you have any question in mind, please ask, it would be answered in the thread for others to learn.

PS: mind you, I am not saying the application cannot scale through.

Keep hope alive.

Austacus:

Bros, Honestly . I'm open to advice . I won't be here naaa. Why I sent the PM is just to be detailed and possibly to show you softcopy of the statement which is a bit private . I'm happy you responded here Bro

Pls, I just need further clarifications, are you saying that I should liquidate the whole sum and send all to my normal bank account ?

Or I should just liquidate about 2-4 million out of the fixed deposit and send to my normal bank account ?

Or you're saying that I should look for 2-4 million from another source and and send it to my normal bank account?

Thank you as I await your response sir . I have waited this long . and I don't wanna be denied like you said .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tjkeyzzz: 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Good afternoon guys..

So I just got my passport, my application was rejected based on they are not sure I will return to my country based on purpose of visit and also home ties...

Want to reapply...what do I need to work on please

My documents
So I was admitted to study business administration undergraduate
I had my waec result 2013
And have been working with my mum ever since then because she own a business,which I explained in my sop,so I submitted the company's CAC,a statement of account of 13m,my mum's account,she is my sponsor,my dad is late,I submitted few property documents too,I have just a brother and he works in a bank,though I didn't submit any document concerning him,so I wrote that ibwill be coming back to the country to take over my mum's business and to develop my country with my knowledge etc...and other documents too,police report, etc...no upfront medical

Please help..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
olamidemessi:

Bros, Honestly . I'm open to advice . I won't be here naaa. Why I sent the PM is just to be detailed and possibly to show you softcopy of the statement which is a bit private . I'm happy you responded here Bro

Pls, I just need further clarifications, are you saying that I should liquidate the whole sum and send all to my normal bank account ?

Or I should just liquidate about 2-4 million out of the fixed deposit and send to my normal bank account ?

Or you're saying that I should look for 2-4 million from another source and and send it to my normal bank account?

Thank you as I await your response sir . I have waited this long . and I don't wanna be denied like you said .

Bro, I don't need to see the copy of your account Statement or whatsoever

Since you claimed the investment is already matured, you can liquidate it and do the justice in the letter.

If you don't want to liquidate it, don't liquidate half or quarter from the 13 million cause it's gonna raise an eyebrow (it may complicate issues)

If you don't want to liquidate it, try and show account statement that has up to 4-2.5 million (4 million and above preferably if available) in your personal account and do the justice in the letter

Did you pay half or full tuition fee or nil?
Do you have your Gcms notes with you?
Did you apply for the Visa yourself?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2019
Austacus:

Bro, I don't need to see the copy of your account Statement or whatsoever

Since you claimed the investment is already matured, you can liquidate it and do the justice in the letter.

If you don't want to liquidate it, don't liquidate half or quarter from the 13 million cause it's gonna raise an eyebrow (it may complicate issues)

If you don't want to liquidate it, try and show account statement that has up to 4-2.5 million (4 million and above preferably if available) in your personal account and do the justice in the letter

Did you pay half or full tuition fee or nil?
Do you have your Gcms notes with you?
Did you apply for the Visa yourself?

Bro, I think I will go with the first option, because I don't think I can get 4million again . I can liquidate the whole sum and move it to my normal bank account . But,if I do that , how do I tackle the issue of lump sum ? And pls I want to let you know that my normal bank account records a meagre sum of 100k to 150k monthly. Won't the VO imagine how I make such huge amount of 13m when my monthly cash flow is below 200k ?

The school fee is only available for payment around the month of August . I have a mail sent from the school regarding that .
I did the processing my self and I have my GCMS note with me sir .

Thank you for your swift response Bro ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
olamidemessi:

Bro, I think I will go with the first option, because I don't think I can get 4million again . I can liquidate the whole sum and move it to my normal bank account . But,if I do that , how do I tackle the issue of lump sum ? And pls I want to let you know that my normal bank account records a meagre sum of 100k to 150k monthly. Won't the VO imagine how I make such huge amount of 13m when my monthly cash flow is below 200k ?

The school fee is only available for payment around the month of August . I have a mail sent from the school regarding that .
I did the processing my self and I have my GCMS note with me sir .

Thank you for your swift response Bro ...

Okay bro
I will reply you now
Please send the Gcms to me.
Bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by lambsbread: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
JustMellow:

get a sponsor
Thanks bro. So do you mean when I'm applying for visa, I can use the sponsor's statement of account and not mine?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tajmal: 4:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
DMerciful:
Why so late with your application?
Funds for processing didn't come in on time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
abbycole930:

God bless you for this response ,dem don almost kill me for house thinking I did it wrong
My course I want to study is environmental management and assessment ,while my b.sc course is Geography and environmental management

Hello bro, I noticed you sent me a message. Unfortunately, I cannot respond to Nairaland mails at the moment because exams start next week. You can ask your questions here and they will help out. You have nothing to worry about. All the best bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tjkeyzzz:
Good afternoon guys..

So I just got my passport, my application was rejected based on they are not sure I will return to my country based on purpose of visit and also home ties...

My documents
And have been working with my mum ever since then because she own a business,which I explained in my sop,so I submitted the company's CAC,a statement of account of 13m,my mum's account,she is my sponsor,my dad is late,I submitted few property documents too,I have just a brother and he works in a bank,though I didn't submit any document concerning him,so I wrote that ibwill be coming back to the country to take over my mum's business and to develop my country with my knowledge etc...and other documents too,police report, etc...no upfront medical

Please help..
You didn't get rejected on financial basis which is fair enough. You need to state the program you applied for and when you graduated? Also I really don't understand the "develop my country part" you have to ensure your sop isn't speculative rather touches key points. Like I said earlier provide the information about your program and all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tjkeyzzz:
Good afternoon guys..

My documents

Please help..

You should immediately apply for your GCMS note. It takes on average 30 days, but I’ve had and read instances where it took longer to receive it. The point of the GCMS note is to provide you with the actual notes the visa officer made while reviewing your application, these notes also provide a clearer non template reason for the refusal.
In the meantime, you might want to provide the exact documents you submitted so people on here could make suggestions on how to make the application stronger, you should also work on improving your SOP and start drafting your LOE.
If I were to take a wild guess, I would assume your SOP wasn’t convincing enough. If you don’t mind sharing there are numerous people on this forum who would be happy to review your SOP to gauge it’s strength and weakness in order to advise you on how to move forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
ahmedio2017:

The person processing it for me ask me to send my olevel result, that without it they will not give me admission

Some one should help me out pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 4:58pm On Apr 15, 2019
Please share your timeline

Tjkeyzzz:
Good afternoon guys..

My documents

Please help..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2019
kennykolabo:
Good afternoon, please, kindly assist me with the link or step by step PAPER ROUTE process of submitting “visiting visa for Canada”
I have filled the necessary checklist forms for my parents And they are going to submit tomorrow.
I don’t want them to be embarrassed when they get to VSF tomorrow. Please how do I arrange the forms. Are there forms we are to sign by hand please?
Just the link or the step-by-step process of submitting. It’s a paper route for visiting visa. I tried to check you tube but I didn’t see English language video. They were mostly in other languages. Please help a brother I know this is where i will get an answer.

Sorry but I think you’re overthinking the application process �
You said your parents have filled all the necessary checklist forms, so they’ve saved themselves considerable time and money they would otherwise have spent printing forms or getting assistance at the VAC.
The essential thing to know is to get to the VAC early, last time I went last year I think you needed an appointment but they can bypass that if they get there early.
They also need to have the money in cash for submission,biometrics and other miscellaneous things (photocopy, taking passport picture etc). Someone might be able to assist with the current rate but I would advise they take 5-10k extra for any additional cost.
I think that should be all.
They don’t need to worry about arranging the forms, the officers at the VAC would help you arrange and cross check the documents.

Good luck to your parents tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
ahmedio2017:

What is your highest educational attainment ?
If Bachelor degree, then to my knowledge you would need either your Bsc/BA to be considered for a masters program in an accredited Canadian university.
The process of application itself is straightforward and you should be able to do it on your own, however if you’re insistent on using an agent, you should at least ensure the agent informs you of the school they’re applying to so that you can verify their requirements on your own.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.