Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866576 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:21am On Apr 27, 2019
It is really time to consult my doctor as I have done all that too.
Now dr Google over to you.
makano:
Maybe u are putting figures were u are suppose to put alphabets and vice versa .. e.g instead of O u are putting 0.. something like that, So check well and correct urself.. And if after doing this, it still persists then consult ur "doctor" (Google or Youtube).. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:23am On Apr 27, 2019
Paper
kcosam:

Please was paper route or online route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:27am On Apr 27, 2019
You just don't want to do any work on your own. On this journey of TRV or EE you must dona lot of research ok.
So go to IRRC website everything you want is there.

Google is a good place to start

Magnifico2000:

Alright I understand you now. Please how do I go about these. I need to apply this year. Let me try my luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:29am On Apr 27, 2019
It can drop in your account straight or good old western union and money gram should help

arogun78:

OK. I am not in Canada. I am in Nigeria but a friend wants to send some money to me. The person is not a Nigerian. So he doesn't know how to send.

Are there Nigerians doing instant transfer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by papijulah: 6:49am On Apr 27, 2019
Hello people, I will like to know if a 3rd party account with inflow of about 160m but balance of 1m can be used.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by QueenSekxy(f): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2019
Hello, anyone on Canadian scholarship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Magnifico2000: 7:30am On Apr 27, 2019
chibertha:
You just don't want to do any work on your own. On this journey of TRV or EE you must dona lot of research ok.
So go to IRRC website everything you want is there.

Google is a good place to start

It isn't like that. I just want to know if someone has done it before here and how the person went about it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Magnifico2000: 7:32am On Apr 27, 2019
On my medical form. What and what medical test will I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Magnifico2000: 7:34am On Apr 27, 2019
vsylva:
Bro Express Entry is your best path man.. this your package is the ISh bro.. 28... Bsc.. Masters... omo in 6 - 8 months you will be in canada..
I don't really have much job experience although I can study for the IELTS exams and get a got SOA.
My issue is that of job experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2019
Kenny4real68:
Good day everyone,
Please I want to submit my father’s landed property documents as ties.
But I am confused because am seeing lots of documents eg. Deed of assignment, irrevocable power of attorney, land survey plan . Please which one is the important one needed. He is even in possession of the deed of assignment and irrevocable power of attorney the person he bought the land from used in buying previously before he sold to my father. Please am I to include it as well? both the past and present?

secondly, our current house is owned by my father but the C of O is not bearing name, it bears the name of the man that sold it to my father many years ago. I asked my father why is the C of O not bearing his name, he told me that it takes time and it’s not an easy process and that the irrevocable power of attorney made have given him the right over the right of the C of O even though it doesn’t bear his name. Please How true is this? Submitting a C of O with a different name won’t it confuse the VO? I can also see a document written LEASE FOR A TERM OF 99years between Anambra state housing development corporation(Lessor) and the man whose name appears in the C of O as thev(Lessee), (that is , the person my father bought the land from)
Please someone should help clarify me the important documents needed to show prove of landed property/buildings .. @justmellow, @Qudkom @makano @naijaforeigner @austacus @042viber and please lawyers in the house kindly assist as I have no idea in this field.
Thanks for your suggestion.
You need a legal counsel on this issue. But I will advise you don't confuse a VO with irrelevant documents that can confuse them and affect their decision making.

I have always mentioned that there are various ways to prove home ties. Please read up my writeup on it in my previous posts. It's not just stating your father's properties that guarantee you coming back home. Other factors need to be considered.

Besides one or two property documents is fine. And you only need this:
1. Agreement(this isn't compulsory if you have the CofO)
2. CofO if you have
3. Survey.

I repeat don't dump documents it won't help your application. Rather makes it look ambiguous.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2019
papijulah:
Hello people, I will like to know if a 3rd party account with inflow of about 160m but balance of 1m can be used.

No it's irrelevant. Especially coming from a 3rd party with apparent dependents and all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greyworld: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2019
Valprincx:
Approval alert!!!

Bros pls I sent you a mail but then I need to know something about the cost of Visa cos what I got from the site negates what the agent is saying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:49am On Apr 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:
On my medical form. What and what medical test will I do?
The following will be examined:
1. Blood test (syphilis ans HIV)
2. Urine test
3. XRAY of your chest region
4. Other vital tests; eyes, bp etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 7:51am On Apr 27, 2019
Pls ,children of God help me, I need someone to go through my SOP first...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 8:25am On Apr 27, 2019
Kindly send it to me.
Biot34:
Pls ,children of God help me, I need someone to go through my SOP first...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by arogun78: 8:36am On Apr 27, 2019
chibertha:
It can drop in your account straight or good old western union and money should help

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by arogun78: 8:37am On Apr 27, 2019
Awuuga:
You can use WorldRemit, it’s really easy to navigate.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by arogun78: 8:37am On Apr 27, 2019
Awuuga:
You can use WorldRemit, it’s really easy to navigate.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Betochy: 8:43am On Apr 27, 2019
Mofpearl:

Is this for graduate school?
Do you mind writing the IELTS test?
You can call/email about how the processing time for the visa is long and the official language in Nigeria is English. You can also state that you are willing to send samples of your writing, if needed. Try to speak on the phone with someone ( they can also judge your level of speaking and understanding this way as well). Although I wasn't asked for an English proficiency test, I am not sure if it has to do with the fact that I did my undergrad at an international branch of a Canadian University.

I guess I also have ask if you mind writing the IELTS.
Program coordinate still insists on me writing ielts/TOEFL. No waiver given.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 8:51am On Apr 27, 2019
Betochy:

Program coordinate still insists on me writing ielts/TOEFL. No waiver given.

If this is for grad school, maybe you can speak to your supervisor. Otherwise, you may need to write it.
Should you need to write it, I am not sure if you should start the applying for the study permit now or wait until you get your IELTS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 9:00am On Apr 27, 2019
Gamma007:
Greetings everyone,
I just got a MSC admission to university of Alberta, department of chemical and material engineering, with funding .

I would appreciate your kind guidance through my paper visa application process.
I have the following documents;
Admission letter
Funding letter
Statement of result
SOA
Weac certificate
Nysc certificate
Police report .
Is transcript compulsory? Because this might take time before I get it
I tried to do an upfront medical, but q-life said the earliest available date is 7th of June, which is way too far.
I'll like further clarifications regarding my application, and other necessary supporting documents.

Kind regards
If book with IOM you can do any time you wish.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 9:15am On Apr 27, 2019
Pls I need your email address.. so that I can send my SOP to read. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 9:30am On Apr 27, 2019
Emmyirab:

I am in Regina.
PM me
Bros please I am also interested in going to university of Regina, any vital info that a prospect like me need to know about the school, city, and province will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:46am On Apr 27, 2019
Third Party sponsorship

I have noticed a few issues regarding the use of 3rd party sponsorship and I'd like to make a few remarks to the best of my knowledge.

3rd party sponsorship is the use of individuals/organisations that dont have a direct relationship with you or have their own dependents.

It isn't impossible to use a 3rd party sponsor, but a lot of people find it hard to get the required details. A VO needs to understand why someone that isn't directly related to you (father, Mother, husband, wife or siblings without dependents) would want to sponsor you. The very first thing they need to understand is:
1. Has the 3rd party sponsor assisted you financially in the past with concrete EVIDENCE! .
2. Can you explain vividly the dependents of the 3rd party sponsor and how this won't affect future assistance.
3. Can you explain why a (3rd) would want to spend so much money on you!.

so ideally there isn't a perfect way to do this or a magical document to convince a VO. However if you can get the following among other supporting documents then you are fine. Also note the older you are the harder it is for a VO to believe your case and you can get flagged for rejection based on "Personal finance" or inadequate reason for embarking on an expensive program.
1. Show proof the (3rd) has assisted in the past
2. Explain vividly the (3rd) dependents in a separate LOE. And back it up with documents
3. (3rd) financial portfolio
4. Rather than the (3rd) stating in the letter of employment that he/she promises to do this and that let the person pay a reasonable sum perhaps tuition. That way the LOS will have a statement such as
" I have paid the applicants 1st semester fee has my own quota of support towards the applicants studies and prepared to do more in future".
You will notice that the (3rd) has shown considerable support to convince the VO rather than making empty promises to the VO on supporting.
This is just a few tips and there are so many other things that can be done to help your application. God bless!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2019
Please, can a declaration of age(affidavit from court)suffice for birth certificate for my parents, siblings and i? I only have the one from the maternity where i was born and my parents and siblings can't find their's.

I will be applying as a self sponsored applicant and I've read from here that i need those.

Also, i want to do an upfront medical and submit with my online application but a friend advised against it. But the issue is that my job is very demanding(7-7) and i live in the east. Traveling on a working day won't be easy. I'm planning to use my leave to travel for both biometrics and medicals together.

Is there any disadvantage to an upfront medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SandCastle: 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
I am new here...

I need advise on my student visa application. I have a Bsc in Electronics/computer tech. Going for a PGC in cybersecurity at centennial college.My application was refused based on

1. Purpose of Visit.

2.Personal assets and Financial status.

3.Family ties.

I am putting docs together to apply again. I really need advise guys..

In my previous application..I submitted all the forms
SOP
Employment letters
SOA of 25m
Property valuation docs
Deeds of assignment
Bsc cert
Waec cert
NYSC cert
Admission letters and tuition deposit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2019
sashaa:
Please, can a declaration of age(affidavit from court)suffice for birth certificate for my parents, siblings and i? I only have the one from the maternity where i was born and my parents and siblings can't find their's.

I will be applying as a self sponsored applicant and I've read from here that i need those.

Also, i want to do an upfront medical and submit with my online application but a friend advised against it. But the issue is that my job is very demanding(7-7) and i live in the east. Traveling on a working day won't be easy. I'm planning to use my leave to travel for both biometrics and medicals together.

Is there any disadvantage to an upfront medicals?
There isn't any disadvantage of conducting an upfront medical. The only disadvantage is it expires after a year should incase God forbid you don't get approved initially. And yes the affidavit can be used. Matter of fact the whole birth certificate is the least of your concerns although it explains your parents dependents if they are sponsoring.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
SandCastle:
I am new here...

I need advise on my student visa application. I have a Bsc in Electronics/computer tech. Going for a PGC in cybersecurity at centennial college.My application was refused based on

1. Purpose of Visit.

2.Personal assets and Financial status.

3.Family ties.

Welcome, you nees more than advice you need an executive reapplication counsel committee lol. But all jokes apart welcome to this platform. Give a comprehensive detail of what you submitted initially. You will get all the advice you need here,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
What is on the IRCC site is correct. Please do NOT use an agent, this thing can be done by oneself.

Greyworld:

Bros pls I sent you a mail but then I need to know something about the cost of Visa cos what I got from the site negates what the agent is saying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raalsalghul: 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2019
vsylva:
Bro Express Entry is your best path man.. this your package is the ISh bro.. 28... Bsc.. Masters... omo in 6 - 8 months you will be in canada..
Bro what of for a friend of mine.
Just turned 27
B.Sc
2 international professional courses
No M.Sc yet
3 years working experience in Education, Administration, Terminal/Port Operations and Maritime.
Not married yet.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SandCastle: 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2019

In my previous application..I submitted all the forms
SOP
Employment letters
SOA of 25m
Property valuation docs
Deeds of assignment
Bsc cert
Waec cert
NYSC cert
Admission letters and tuition deposit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tshoow: 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
Thanks, I'll send you a mail now
Qudkom:

Sure you can

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.