Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (872734 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nija4us: 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
hello brothers and sisters, preparing to fill the study permit application but I have few questions to ask on the funds section.

The program is undergraduate Four years. Please if for one academic year (8 months) the tuition fee is about 13,500 CAD and the insurance, books and other required fees are 3,000 CAD and campus accommodation and feeding for two semesters are 9,000 CAD, how will I feel the spaces containing the TUITION FEES, ROOM AND BOARD, OTHERS, FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY?

Thanks for your answers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by xcaper(m): 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
Congratulations on your admission and funding . All what you have listed are ok in my opinion, I think you can proceed without your transcript, you can attach copy of your certificate and student copy of your transcript od available
Gamma007:
Greetings everyone,
I just got a MSC admission to university of Alberta, department of chemical and material engineering, with funding .

I would appreciate your kind guidance through my paper visa application process.
I have the following documents;
Admission letter
Funding letter
Statement of result
SOA
Weac certificate
Nysc certificate
Police report .
Is transcript compulsory? Because this might take time before I get it
I tried to do an upfront medical, but q-life said the earliest available date is 7th of June, which is way too far.
I'll like further clarifications regarding my application, and other necessary supporting documents.

Kind regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 4:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:
Hello my people, good evening. How has been your day.

Please I need an advice from you.

I am 28 years of age and already have my BSC and masters. All efforts to get a good paying job have been fruitless. So I'm thinking of migrating to Canada or any other good foreign country (USA I heard is kinda dificult)
My question is this. Can I apply to universities in Canada for a Postgraduate course or possibly another masters.

Or should I apply through canadaian Express entry. I can get a good statement of account but what are my chances of getting a visa.

I would be grateful if I'm giving a candid advice, I shall forever be grateful.

Cc: makano Qudkom justmellow naijaforeigner

Hello Magnificio2000,

Absolutely yes, you can go for a 2nd Masters or PGD/C, what is really important is being able to justify that there is a career progression or self development as a reason for seeking an additional Knowledge/professional certificate in a closely related course to either your work experience(if any) or previous studies.

As for express entry, even if money is important but it isn't the principal factor/requirement as your age(which will be a good point), IElTS(which is also another factor), Work experience(another factor) etc

NB: Dual intent is permitted by IRCC but before settling for a dual intent, first consider the best option between studies and EE. You can as well do a proper research on both so you know and weigh your best option. I won't advise you on which to choose but after your research, it will become clear.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2019
Dolzz:
Hello all.

A friend of mine is applying for study visa. He has the tuition fee + 10k to cover living expenses for a year in his account. Does he still need to get a sponsor? If he does, is it compulsory that the sponsor transfer some money to him or will it suffice for the sponsor (his brother probably) to just sign a sponsorship letter?

I’ll appreciate anyone’s take on this. Thank you in advance ☺️

If that's the funds at his disposal, he will be needing a capable sponsor with a sufficient balance especially to prove/show that the tuition fund for the subsequent year or not can be met.

Since he ready has his LE, there would be no need for his sponsor transferring any money into his account(the latter funds can be claimed to be transferred by him(sponsor) - everything is based on convincing. But its advisable to pay for either his deposit fee to secure his seat or first semester tuition fees. Then support every claim with of the sponsor in the sponsor's letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2019
Asapant:
Someone should kindly provide answer to my inquiry.
Am I to fill the Section A and B of the family info form ?

Fill all sections and leave any space blank/fill in Nil to any question not applicable to you that concerns/relate to your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Optimist4life: 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2019
@Justmellow Pls can I use friend/relative residing in Canada presently as a Sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Optimist4life: 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2019
Or is it advisable to use someone living in Canada as a Sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2019
Kenny4real68:
Good day everyone,
Please I want to submit my father’s landed property documents as ties.
But I am confused because am seeing lots of documents eg. Deed of assignment, irrevocable power of attorney, land survey plan . Please which one is the important one needed. He is even in possession of the deed of assignment and irrevocable power of attorney the person he bought the land from used in buying previously before he sold to my father. Please am I to include it as well? both the past and present?

secondly, our current house is owned by my father but the C of O is not bearing name, it bears the name of the man that sold it to my father many years ago. I asked my father why is the C of O not bearing his name, he told me that it takes time and it’s not an easy process and that the irrevocable power of attorney made have given him the right over the right of the C of O even though it doesn’t bear his name. Please How true is this? Submitting a C of O with a different name won’t it confuse the VO? I can also see a document written LEASE FOR A TERM OF 99years between Anambra state housing development corporation(Lessor) and the man whose name appears in the C of O as thev(Lessee), (that is , the person my father bought the land from)
Please someone should help clarify me the important documents needed to show prove of landed property/buildings .. @justmellow, @Qudkom @makano @naijaforeigner @austacus @042viber and please lawyers in the house kindly assist as I have no idea in this field.
Thanks for your suggestion.

There is no need for too many landed/property documents, just the Survey plan will even do but you might want to support it with the deed of assignment.

You might want to also exclude the CofO or Irrevocable power of the attorney. Its best to submit a simple document that doesn't demand unnecessary explanation.

NB: quite high number of Nigerian applicants has gotten a favorable decision using just the deed of assignment or survey plan or both.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2019
emmaxman:
Good evening house, please help.
My sponsor is not my relative but he is ready to provide everything I will be needing. But I have paid part of my Sch fees from my own acct.
Am confused on How To prepare the LOS. And what is the chance. Pls your view is important.

Q2. Can I request my transcript to be sent to the embassy?

You should be able to prove the relationship between you and your intended sponsor and why the sponsorship in your SOP likewise in the prospect sponsor's letter of sponsorship. The most important, he should try to show some commitment either by transferring your first year LE into your personal account or other means necessary to prove his commitment to sponsor you.

You can require for the hardcopy or student copy of your transcript then include it to your application documents.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2019
Don't rush to reapply without seeing your GCMS notes.

SandCastle:
I am putting docs together to apply again. I really need advise guys..

In my previous application..I submitted all the forms
SOP
Employment letters
SOA of 25m
Property valuation docs
Deeds of assignment
Bsc cert
Waec cert
NYSC cert
Admission letters and tuition deposit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2019
sashaa:
Please, can a declaration of age(affidavit from court)suffice for birth certificate for my parents, siblings and i? I only have the one from the maternity where i was born and my parents and siblings can't find their's.

I will be applying as a self sponsored applicant and I've read from here that i need those.

Also, i want to do an upfront medical and submit with my online application but a friend advised against it. But the issue is that my job is very demanding(7-7) and i live in the east. Traveling on a working day won't be easy. I'm planning to use my leave to travel for both biometrics and medicals together.

Is there any disadvantage to an upfront medicals?

Just a few tip: as a self sponsored applicant if you is married with kids, there will be absolutely no need for the birth certificates of your siblings rather your kids and spouse but only on the exceptions if you is single before that of your siblings and parents can considerately suffice.

An affidavit will suffice but after you get the affidavit, you can easily go to National Population Census(NPC) to get a birth certificate issued for each and everyone of your concerned family.

Given you tight job schedule, booking an upfront medical won't cause any harm to your application and booking it with IOM in Abuja would be faster than Qlife likewise submitting your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2019
SandCastle:
I am new here...

I need advise on my student visa application. I have a Bsc in Electronics/computer tech. Going for a PGC in cybersecurity at centennial college.My application was refused based on

1. Purpose of Visit.

2.Personal assets and Financial status.

3.Family ties.

I am putting docs together to apply again. I really need advise guys..

In my previous application..I submitted all the forms
SOP
Employment letters
SOA of 25m
Property valuation docs
Deeds of assignment
Bsc cert
Waec cert
NYSC cert
Admission letters and tuition deposit.

You did great listing out the submitted documents BUT have your requested for your gcms notes? if yes that will be more relevant for people to guide you or attempt to reflect on your situation/application.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nija4us: 6:32pm On Apr 27, 2019
Please can someone help me here
nija4us:
hello brothers and sisters, preparing to fill the study permit application but I have few questions to ask on the funds section.

The program is undergraduate Four years. Please if for one academic year (8 months) the tuition fee is about 13,500 CAD and the insurance, books and other required fees are 3,000 CAD and campus accommodation and feeding for two semesters are 9,000 CAD, how will I feel the spaces containing the TUITION FEES, ROOM AND BOARD, OTHERS, FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY?

Thanks for your answers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Magnifico2000: 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Magnificio2000,

Absolutely yes, you can go for a 2nd Masters or PGD/C, what is really important is being able to justify that there is a career progression or self development as a reason for seeking an additional Knowledge/professional certificate in a closely related course to either your work experience(if any) or previous studies.

As for express entry, even if money is important but it isn't the principal factor/requirement as your age(which will be a good point), IElTS(which is also another factor), Work experience(another factor) etc

NB: Dual intent is permitted by IRCC but before settling for a dual intent, first consider the best option between studies and EE. You can as well do a proper research on both so you know and weigh your best option. I won't advise you on which to choose but after your research, it will become clear.

Good luck!
What does PGD/C and IRCC mean? I get your point. Research needs to be done.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Optimist4life: 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2019
Optimist4life:
@Justmellow Pls can I use friend/relative residing in Canada presently as a Sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 7:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Bro what of for a friend of mine.
Just turned 27
B.Sc
2 international professional courses
No M.Sc yet
3 years working experience in Education, Administration, Terminal/Port Operations and Maritime.
Not married yet.

The portfolio looks good, visit the EE thread for an elaborate guide/information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 7:40pm On Apr 27, 2019
Optimist4life:

sure, it does no harm!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2019
Qudkom:

There isn't any disadvantage of conducting an upfront medical. The only disadvantage is it expires after a year should incase God forbid you don't get approved initially. And yes the affidavit can be used. Matter of fact the whole birth certificate is the least of your concerns although it explains your parents dependents if they are sponsoring.
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 7:46pm On Apr 27, 2019
JustMellow:

Just a few tip: as a self sponsored applicant if you is married with kids, there will be absolutely no need for the birth certificates of your siblings rather your kids and spouse but only on the exceptions if you is single before that of your siblings and parents can considerately suffice.

An affidavit will suffice but after you get the affidavit, you can easily go to National Population Census(NPC) to get a birth certificate issued for each and everyone of your concerned family.

Given you tight job schedule, booking an upfront medical won't cause any harm to your application and booking it with IOM in Abuja would be faster than Qlife likewise submitting your application.
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
JustMellow:

If that's the funds at his disposal, he will be needing a capable sponsor with a sufficient balance especially to prove/show that the tuition fund for the subsequent year or not can be met.

Since he ready has his LE, there would be no need for his sponsor transferring any money into his account(the latter funds can be claimed to be transferred by him(sponsor) - everything is based on convincing. But its advisable to pay for either his deposit fee to secure his seat or first semester tuition fees. Then support every claim with of the sponsor in the sponsor's letter
What if his program is just for a year? Will he still be needing a sponsor seeing that he has tuition fee +10kCAD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
nija4us:

Thanks for your answers.

Tuition fees - $13,500
Room and Board - $9,000
Other - $10,000 (indicate your LE here)
Total available funds - $32,500

make sure your sponsor have sufficient funds as closing balance(after the total funds set aside for your first year studies) and a stable source of funds that can show/prove more available/unrestricted funds for the subsequent year(s).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:

What does PGD/C and IRCC mean? I get your point. Research needs to be done.

PGD - Post Graduate Diploma
PGC - Post Graduate Certificate
IRCC - Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IceTrice01: 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2019
Austacus:

Have you received your correspondence letter?
Anyway, this is what you will do NOW
Send a short and distressing message to CIC and attach your confirmed travel itinerary (use the following as your subject “URGENT!!! My passport please!!!!! Traveling to Canada on Tuesday 30th of April”.
Send it to Nairobi and Lagos
Call this number today 8:00 AM sharp 012715650

You only have today and Monday
If you don’t get anything from them today just go straight to anifowoshe on MONDAY

Good luck

Good day sir, please I want to submit my application at VFS on Monday, please do I need to add an SOP to my documents, it's not in the checklist of the students permit application and also how do I rightly fill this student permit questionnaire form, I'll like to get a pic of an already filled approved one if possible to use as an example, thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2019
sashaa:

What if his program is just for a year? Will he still be needing a sponsor seeing that he has tuition fee +10kCAD?

irrespective of the duration of the program, his best chance stands by using a sponsor. Apart from having the required LE and 1st semester tuition fees or otherwise, there is need to show some other funds as backup for the unprecedented and somewhat of a guarantee of drawing a close to the intended eyebrow of the VO that was suppose to be raised of him using studies as an immigration route to come earn a living in Canada or if its actually studies.

I will stop here,

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IceTrice01: 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2019
JustMellow:

There is absolutely no demerit. If you select NO, the same shared surname would sell you out if a background check regarding to that question is run.

It would be advisable to select YES, and input his required information. You can notify him about such development before taking such action.

BTW The question in quote reference more to a member of a nuclear family than to an extended family.
Good day sir, please I want to submit my application at VFS on Monday, please do I need to add an SOP to my documents, it's not in the checklist of the students permit application and also how do I rightly fill this student permit questionnaire form, I'll like to get a pic of an already filled approved one if possible to use as an example, thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2019
I have given u a reply, check ur mail..
Chichilas:

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
Good day Gurus in the house, please I need your honest response to help me advice a friend properly. A friend of mine wants to go for a second master's degree in Canada, currently she has a PGD & a master's degree in the same discipline from the same school but wants to go to Canada for a second master's in a related discipline. Now the challenge is that she is planning to submit the PGD certificate as her highest qualification in the application for a TRV to avoid the VO raising unnecessary red flag by wondering why she is going for a second master's degree instead of a PhD. So please I need to advice her on this, is it OK for her to be silent on the master's degree qualification and state her PGD certificate in a bid to avoid doubt on her purpose of travel?

Your advice please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Madupcy: 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
Qudkom:
Third Party sponsorship

I have noticed a few issues regarding the use of 3rd party sponsorship and I'd like to make a few remarks to the best of my knowledge.

3rd party sponsorship is the use of individuals/organisations that dont have a direct relationship with you or have their own dependents.

It isn't impossible to use a 3rd party sponsor, but a lot of people find it hard to get the required details. A VO needs to understand why someone that isn't directly related to you (father, Mother, husband, wife or siblings without dependents) would want to sponsor you. The very first thing they need to understand is:
1. Has the 3rd party sponsor assisted you financially in the past with concrete EVIDENCE! .
2. Can you explain vividly the dependents of the 3rd party sponsor and how this won't affect future assistance.
3. Can you explain why a (3rd) would want to spend so much money on you!.

so ideally there isn't a perfect way to do this or a magical document to convince a VO. However if you can get the following among other supporting documents then you are fine. Also note the older you are the harder it is for a VO to believe your case and you can get flagged for rejection based on "Personal finance" or inadequate reason for embarking on an expensive program.
1. Show proof the (3rd) has assisted in the past
2. Explain vividly the (3rd) dependents in a separate LOE. And back it up with documents
3. (3rd) financial portfolio
4. Rather than the (3rd) stating in the letter of employment that he/she promises to do this and that let the person pay a reasonable sum perhaps tuition. That way the LOS will have a statement such as
" I have paid the applicants 1st semester fee has my own quota of support towards the applicants studies and prepared to do more in future".
You will notice that the (3rd) has shown considerable support to convince the VO rather than making empty promises to the VO on supporting.
This is just a few tips and there are so many other things that can be done to help your application. God bless!

Thank you so much for this sir, very informative.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
U can order for ur GCMS note for $5 but u must have someone in Canada to apply for u, but u will need to sign a consent form...But if u dont have someone in Canada, there are 3rd party websites u can order ursef but they are more expensive like $20 - $30. SO its left to you... GCMS takes 20 - 30 days.. But mine took just 13 days tho, still surprised about it.. Peace
powerblessing:

The name of the school is Lakehead University in Ontario. Please how do I order for my GCMS in my online portal. And how long those it take before I get it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2019
Mr Man, SOP isnt compulsory but very necessary. We have seen peeps here getting their TRV without any SOP but that doesn't mean you not submitting an SOP will work for you.. Canadian embassy does not conduct Interviews for applicants(Except on very rare occasions) unlike USA. So its ur SOP u will use to sell ursef to the Visa Offcier, so I will advise u write an SOP and if u have been refused before, U will also need to write an LOE.. And to the Questionnaire, please dnt let me get angry with you, u said u need an already filled form to fill urs, were u serious or Joking there? Its peeps like u that use expo to write exam, so when u eventually get to Canada now, u will be looking for someone that have finished his papers in an exam hall so he can give u his answer sheet for u to write his answers... Common please stop this and do the right thing.. Ur present situation/condition is different from any other person's situation so u dnt need another person's own to write yours.. Like its being called Questionnaire, so u just have to answer those questions as it relates to you. These question was for Austacus but I just had to answer, cos anybody can answer.. Peace
IceTrice01:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
makano:
Mr Man, SOP isnt compulsory but very necessary. We have seen peeps here getting their TRV without any SOP but that doesn't mean you not submitting an SOP will work for you.. Canadian embassy does not conduct Interviews for applicants(Except on very rare occasions) unlike USA. So its ur SOP u will use to sell ursef to the Visa Offcier, so I will advise u write an SOP and if u have been refused before, U will also need to write an LOE.. And to the Questionnaire, please dnt let me get angry with you, u said u need an already filled form to fill urs, were u serious or Joking there? *Its peeps like u that use expo to write exam, so when u eventually get to Canada now, u will be looking for someone that have finished his papers in an exam hall so he can give u his answer sheet for u to write his answers*... Common please stop this and do the right thing.. Ur present situation/condition is different from any other person's situation so u dnt need another person's own to write yours.. Like its being called Questionnaire, so u just have to answer those questions as it relates to you. These question was for Austacus but I just had to answer, cos anybody can answer.. Peace

To the expo part, honestly that wasn’t necessary at all. Let’s be mindful of the way we reply people. I don’t see anything wrong with asking for a sample, it’s the same way people ask for SOP samples to draft theirs.

Please let’s learn to breathe a bit before answering questions. Some replies are just too harsh biko.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2019
Why do you think you need to see an already approved copy of someone else's own? It's a questionnaire in which the answers are peculiar to each person.

There's no right or wrong way to fill this questionnaire. A guide would be: Be truthful. Be intuitive. Give intelligent and not pedestrian answers, especially for why you chose the school/Canada - do an extensive research on these please. Think properly before writing the answers. If you need more paper, print more of the page(s) you need.

Godspeed.

IceTrice01:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.