Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (871312 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 1:52pm On May 04, 2019
Cutieflaky:
Good afternoon people, please I need someone to help me out. I applied for study visa on the 13th of February (paper route) did biometric that same day, I linked it online and I got a correspondence letter on the 5th of April but on the 10th of April I got a mail that my processed passport has been dispatched to Canada Visa Center, I went there to get it on the 24th of April, but when I open the envelope I saw my passport and a slip in it not the normal refusal letter I was expecting to see in it. I sent a message to the mail I saw in the slip, I got a response that they will reply my mail within 5 working days but if my application is still within the processing time a response won't be sent. Now it's more than 5 working days, also my profile details has not change, eligiblity is still under review, final decision is still in progress. Please what do you all think I should do?
NB: I have checked both my inbox and spam folder there is nothing there. And I wish to reapply immediately
School resume by September 4th.
Attached below is the slip I got and the response I received front them
Regardless of the apparent confusion. If your passport was returned without you been requested to do a medical or upfront medical plus the fact that the processed passport didn't contain any visa counterfoil. Then I am sorry it was denied. Cic sometimes fail to refresh or update applicants portals in real time. Please start preparing to get your gcms note to give you a breakdown. Sorry about this, I hope you get it right the next application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 2:04pm On May 04, 2019
mur231:
Hello gurus in the house!
I'm new to this forum..A big thanks to all the people dedicating their time and knowledge to make this thread very informative. please, I want to lodge my TRV application this coming week, online route. My uncle is my sponsor and he is a Canadian citizen. He will only take care of my tuition and living expenses for 1yr. But he doesn't want to scan and send his account statement and proof of income documents to me rather he wants to send it directly to embassy. My question is; what's the fastest route to send this documents to the embassy without delaying my application as my resumption date is September??
In one sentence, if he can't send his financial portfolio then you don't have a sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TOMSY(f): 2:04pm On May 04, 2019
yemilasko:
hello house..here i am in canada.����...i will like to share my poe cuz i was abit concernd abt that before leavg nigeria..and cuz my cousin was once denied at d POE..my journey was smooth.the distance frm casablanca to montreal was jst tiring cuz i went with my daughtr...but thank God,i Got to montreal airport lately ,was asked to go to immigratn 1...and our conversatiom goes thus.....

cbsa........hi
me...........hello
cbsa........passport pls
me...........i handed it over
cbsa.........can u gv me 5min to print ur study permit pls
me...........yea..and i dropped my passport and decided to v a seat
Aftr 5min he called me bck and handed it over to me,he asked if my daughtr was on studnt visa too ,i answerd No and he said welcome to canada ,you can go fr ur baggage pls...
i was surprised nothg was asked,no questn..nothg
meanwile i saw other pple with thorough checking ,some were directed to immigration 2,i met some sitting down and left them still sitting ...
I return all the glory to the Almighty God and i want us to alwys put evrythg befr God...my prayer point was alwys (GOD I DNT WANT ANY DELAY AT THE POE ,DEY SHLD JUST HAND OVER MY STUDY PERMIT AND SAY WELCOME TO CANADA) i actually got it d way i wanted...atyms wen im prayg i usually say is it possible but now i knw my God is awesome....i pray fr every1 waitg for response fr visa shall have a positive response IJN.
Amen in Jesus' name. Congrats bro. To God alone be ALL the glory.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mur231: 2:31pm On May 04, 2019
Qudkom:

In one sentence, if he can't send his financial portfolio then you don't have a sponsor.

Hmmmm..what's the fastest means he can use to send the documents to embassy??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 2:38pm On May 04, 2019
mur231:

He cant send it!!! You have to attach it with your application. Besides if you are having issues getting your sponsor on your side how do you want to prove the relationship between you and a 3rd party sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 2:43pm On May 04, 2019
mur231:

Good Afternoon,

I'll suggest you use the online route, that way he can upload it to your cic account directly and by himself. (that's if he is a trusted fellow because that is access to your account)...

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 2:48pm On May 04, 2019
Please...

Not trying to antagonise anyone but, let's try to communicate criticism in more non-strong angry looking way.... Everyone is coming from a different perspective and background... So let's dial it down a bit on strong criticism...

Thank you..... smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bukonlami: 3:14pm On May 04, 2019
Hi guys,

Please can anyone help me with a format for CV for my study permit Visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:20pm On May 04, 2019
Deane:
Hello guys,

I'm about finalising my TRV application. While filling imm1294e, are funds in RSA to be calculated as part of the funds available or do I just stop at uploading the RSA statement in the proof of funds? That is, is the RSA funds to be reckoned in calculating the funds available?

@makano @justmellow @qudkom @austacus and other gurus, i really need your advice here guys. Thanks.

No, its not calculated as part of your available funds for studies but rather it reflects more on the strength of your proof of funds. The RSA is more suitable to be use as a support to the reguar/commercial bank statement.

Good luck!

IbikunleBukky:
i would like to know more about this *bolded*?

..that any additional document that is use to show/support the capacity of sufficient funds gives further strengthen and convincing to the proof of funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 3:21pm On May 04, 2019
Hello gurus in the house. I want to ask a question, initial when I applied I used my aunt as my sponsor but now I wanted to reapply, can I Change it to my uncle as my sponsor? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dee4Jesus: 3:29pm On May 04, 2019
Goodday everybody. Thanks for all d useful info been sent in regularly.

Pls I need the following info on how to submit my documents via online route
1. How to convert my documents to pdf
2. D site to upload to for submission
3. Procedures in d visa fee payments

Thanks nd expecting ur responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bukonlami: 3:37pm On May 04, 2019
Does anyone have a contact for Police clearance certificate and how much is it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:47pm On May 04, 2019
mur231:
Hello gurus in the house!
I'm new to this forum..A big thanks to all the people dedicating their time and knowledge to make this thread very informative. please, I want to lodge my TRV application this coming week, online route. My uncle is my sponsor and he is a Canadian citizen. He will only take care of my tuition and living expenses for 1yr. But he doesn't want to scan and send his account statement and proof of income documents to me rather he wants to send it directly to embassy. My question is; what's the fastest route to send this documents to the embassy without delaying my application as my resumption date is September??

I think it can be courier also if you specifically know the VO handling your application with your details like full name as shown in your Passport, DoB, Country, Application number and UCI number(if known) etc.

BTW you have to be time calculative so both the documents from you and your sponsor arrive at least almost the same time or a close targeted time to avoid filing a scattered application.

Most applicants has successfully undergone this method.

OR

Go for an online application, permit your sponsor access to your online gckey, then he can upload whatever documents required from his own part

Disclaimer:

You is liable to any decision made

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:52pm On May 04, 2019
Biot34:
Hello gurus in the house. I want to ask a question, initial when I applied I used my aunt as my sponsor but now I wanted to reapply, can I Change it to my uncle as my sponsor? Thanks

Yes, you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bukonlami: 4:05pm On May 04, 2019
Please guys,I need a sample format for my CV and does anyone have a contact for police clearance and how much do they charge for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2019
bukonlami:
Please guys,I need a sample format for my CV and does anyone have a contact for police clearance and how much do they charge for it.
Yeah I do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2019
Dee4Jesus:
Goodday everybody. Thanks for all d useful info been sent in regularly.

Pls I need the following info on how to submit my documents via online route
1. How to convert my documents to pdf
2. D site to upload to for submission
3. Procedures in d visa fee payments

Thanks nd expecting ur responses

1. You can use online pdf converters. Just Google doc/pdf converter.
2. Documents are uploaded on the cic website.
3. Payments will be made after the successful upload of trv documents and imm forms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 4:36pm On May 04, 2019
Hello gurus in the house. I want to ask a question again, pls can I reapply without gcms note? Thanks @justm, God continue to bless you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cutem: 5:04pm On May 04, 2019
Please anybody got admission to University of British Columbia?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:06pm On May 04, 2019
Biot34:
Hello gurus in the house. I want to ask a question again, pls can I reapply without gcms note? Thanks @justm, God continue to bless you!
yes you can but GCMS gives you more details about your refusal and you will also see the vo's note and remark about your application that why the gurus do advice people with delay to apply for it so as not to make the same mistake as the normal refusal note do carry generic details of refusal most times.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mur231: 5:07pm On May 04, 2019
Qudkom:

He cant send it!!! You have to attach it with your application. Besides if you are having issues getting your sponsor on your side how do you want to prove the relationship between you and a 3rd party sponsor.

Alright, thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dan1936: 5:12pm On May 04, 2019
Good day everyone,

Please is there anyone here resuming at royal roads university for masters this fall?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mur231: 5:29pm On May 04, 2019
TheAfrikan:

Good Afternoon,

I'll suggest you use the online route, that way he can upload it to your cic account directly and by himself. (that's if he is a trusted fellow because that is access to your account)...

Hope this helps.

Greetings bro,

Thanks for your input. I will be using online route, and I'm also considering using my mum's account statement with closing balance of 8.7m. What's your take on this bro??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AyoPrudence(m): 5:32pm On May 04, 2019
Thanks for the assistance here thus far.
Here is my case: I got an admission to study a diploma at Georgian College last year(2018) and after submitting my application for TRV, I was refused(GCMS note screenshot attached below).

Now, I recently got admitted to Cambrian College to study a one-year postgraduate certificate program. My question is:
1. What are my chances of acceptance?
2. Can I still make use of the Police Certificate obtained last year for this year's TRV application?
3. How best should I tackle the situations listed in my refusal letter?
4. When re-applying, do I sign-up as a new user by creating a new application or do I log-in with the same details I had last year?

I look forward to your responses. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mur231: 5:56pm On May 04, 2019
JustMellow:

I think it can be courier also if you specifically know the VO handling your application with your details like full name as shown in your Passport, DoB, Country, Application number and UCI number(if known) etc.

BTW you have to be time calculative so both the documents from you and your sponsor arrive at least almost the same time or a close targeted time to avoid filing a scattered application.

Most applicants has successfully undergone this method.

OR

Go for an online application, permit your sponsor access to your online gckey, then he can upload whatever documents required from his own part

Disclaimer:

You is liable to any decision made

Good luck!

Thanks Sir for your response. I'm considering using my mum's account statement with closing balance of 8.7m and my tuition fee and living expenses for a year is below 25000cad. Also, I have a million plus in my personal account and 2 plots of land that worth about N8million. With this, do you think I'm good to go without involving my uncle??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 5:59pm On May 04, 2019
Qudkom:
GENERAL GUIDELINES ON FILLING IMM FORMS

Applicants sometimes get worried about issue generated in the process of filling immforms and to avoid a rather costly mistake they hesitate and search for possible guidelines to troubleshoot their concerns. Right from validating forms, To filling the dli numbers accurately, funds available for stay in canada etc. The following is been provided to the best of my knowledge:

1. CIC requires the default use of Adobe reader (Latest version) in filling forms.

Others*- any non tuition fees will be recorded in this category. For example Medical insurance.

6. When filling DLI (Designated learning Institution) number #***********. Always remember that the first character in that field starts with letter "O" not number "0"

7. Triple check forms before submitting. I have seen cases of people filling yes for military involvement simply because they served(Nysc) Or Yes for political involvements simply because a relative is actively involved.

I think this are the common errors. Feel free to add to the list.

Thanks for this

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:33pm On May 04, 2019
happy weekend all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 6:54pm On May 04, 2019
AyoPrudence:
Thanks for the assistance here thus far.
Here is my case: I got an admission to study a diploma at Georgian College last year(2018) and after submitting my application for TRV, I was refused(GCMS note screenshot attached below).

Now, I recently got admitted to Cambrian College to study a one-year postgraduate certificate program. My question is:
1. What are my chances of acceptance?
2. Can I still make use of the Police Certificate obtained last year for this year's TRV application?
3. How best should I tackle the situations listed in my refusal letter?
4. When re-applying, do I sign-up as a new user by creating a new application or do I log-in with the same details I had last year?

I look forward to your responses. Thanks.
1. Police clearance is valid for only 3months
2. When you are reapplying you use the same user account and provide your uci number.

You definitely have a chance if you have/find the right counsel. Reconstructing your financial portfolio and providing supporting documents to back up your claim is the way forward. You also need a compelling loe. Don't give up repackage and fire back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 6:57pm On May 04, 2019
Biot34:
The rejection reason is generic and you need a gcms note to enlighten you on the comprehensive details of your trv application. People reapply without it but I wouldn't advice.

You need to understand what went wrong work on those reasons and go for it again. You will always get the best councel here. Sorry about the refusal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 7:51pm On May 04, 2019
Please i cant PM here, i dont know why. i can only send to the forum. please kindly email me ibikunle_ojikutu@yahoo.com i will really appreciate it. i want to apply for international business management
gatsbym4:

Hello
I’ve applied to NBCC, got admission already... compiling my documents for study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 7:59pm On May 04, 2019
if i understand you perfectly, is RSA retirement savings account? if the RSA belongs to you, thats not accessible. it can only be used for home ties. my opinion.
Deane:
Hello guys,

I'm about finalising my TRV application. While filling imm1294e, are funds in RSA to be calculated as part of the funds available or do I just stop at uploading the RSA statement in the proof of funds? That is, is the RSA funds to be reckoned in calculating the funds available?

@makano @justmellow @qudkom @austacus and other gurus, i really need your advice here guys. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 8:05pm On May 04, 2019
IbikunleBukky:
if i understand you perfectly, is RSA retirement savings account? if the RSA belongs to you, thats not accessible. it can only be used for home ties. my opinion.

Just to add to this. RSA is simply a retirement benefit. If anything a vo needs to understand why your sponsor will want to use his/her retirement savings to sponsor you for a program that could otherwise be done in Nigeria at a cheaper fee. Bearing the cost of canada education, it will be difficult for a sponsor that probably doesn't have an alterative source of income

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.