Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866670 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Aphrikanna: 9:47am On May 09, 2019
Congrats. Please I just got my conditional acceptance letter from TRU. Can you put me through on how to accept their offer and pay the fees? I'm really confused and don't know how to go about it. Thanks.
deebee23:
Good day all trv hopefuls. This post might be long tho but just want to share to all applying.

•Application submitted: 13th of February(Paper route)
•Biometrics: N/A (Gave it out the last time I was given a visitor visa)
•Medical request: 2nd of April
•Medical done: 15th of April
•Medical passed: 19th of April
•Correspondence letter: 23rd of April
•Approval: 7th of May

Documents submitted:
•All CIC documents
•Admission letter from institution(Thompson Rivers University)
•Receipt of Tuition and Fees
•Copies of my present and previous passport data pages
•Copies of countries visa pages
•Letter to show I’ll take part in my family’s business
•Letter from the institution where I was taking computer courses
•TOEFL REPORT
•Police character certificate
•SOP
•Study permit Questionnaire
•High school transcript
•Copy of WAEC Result

Travel history
•UK
•US
•Dubai
•Canada

Sponsor’s documents (Dad)
•Sponsor bank statement of six months
•Sponsor Domiciliary account
•Sponsor Remuneration Statement
•Sponsor ID card
•Letter of sponsorship
•Confirmation letter of employment for sponsor
•Reference letter from Sponsor bank

After I was done with high school in 2015 I got admitted to a private uni the following year. It happened that I was not given my desired course coupled with other reasons i had to change. Then last year I applied for a US student visa. The first one was weird considering that I was hardly asked any question and those that went before me(long line oh)got refused aside like 3 people which were of old age. Then the second interview this year January went well but I was given a wrong bank statement. It was quite frustrating but didn’t let it stop me from applying for a Canadian trv. Then d following month I proceeded to submit my application at Lagos vfs. Then first week of April I got my medical request which I did at IOM. After which I checked my account some days later and saw medical passed. Then I got my correspondence on the 23rd. I was thinking I’d get my approval d next day oh but it was still processing and my Uni was to resume in May, so I just decided to give them a week. After no reply i sent emails to Kenya and Lagos telling them I’ll soon resume and pleaded to them for an update. Then on d 7th of May I got an email saying they have finalised my application. I logged in straight and saw final decision has been updated to approved with my counterfoil details below. I was really happy. Then some hours later I got an email from vfs that my passport is ready for collection. I was surprised cause I thought it’ll take some days. I went there this morning with my mom and picked it up in a sealed brown envelope. Opened it and d first thing I saw was d page which my visa was issued on. I just put my trust in God from the beginning and prayed over it with my mom(God bless her) and God answered our Prayers.

I didn’t know about this thread on nairaland till like 2 weeks after I submitted. Seeing d documents some submitted and I was like what?? I just knew i had all d CIC documents on d website, the financial documents my mom listed out,my educational documents and d sop which my sister recommended. I wasn’t able to link my application online for about 5 weeks after trying severally. It really bothered me but I just tried to keep calm. I messaged CIC and Kenya. Got replies from them but it wasn’t d answer tho. Not so long after that my medical mail came in with my app number and UCI which I used to link my profile online. Not to mention in my sop I didn’t explain d study gap(Don’t try it oh)cause I didn’t know how I’d explain it well to the VO in a way that won’t end up complicating things(had it typed down already a night before submission)so I just decided to leave it out but made sure I listed out what I did after high school in my study permit questionnaire(Attached a letter from where I was taking my computer courses). After my Medicals was passed I just had more faith that it will end in praise and thankfully it did. Like I said before I just prayed over and over. With God all things r possible!

Will be Travelling to British Columbia this week.

To all trv hopefuls I hope God will see you through.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 10:08am On May 09, 2019
URGENT!
HELLO GOOD PEOPLE PLEASE ADVICE ME

I was recently refused (2 years Study Permit) based on Purpose of Visit, Travel history, Current employment situation, and Personal asset and Financial situation for fall term.

I applied earlier (without a co-sponsor) with just 1.2M NAIRA in my personal account (For flight) cus i got full funding of $23,400. Yesterday i won another funding, Saskatchewan Government scholarship of $16000.

The person i got as third party co-sponsor (If the "co" is ok in my case) just called me this morning that i should send him all what i need from him!

Please in order to keep it tight and simple this time...

1) How much is the "minimum" reasonable amount i should ask him to state to co-sponsor me, given the scholarship of $23400 + $16,000 i won. And his pledge should be toward what? (Flight, Tuition, Living expenses?).

2) Apart from the letter of sponsorship, what other less complicated documents should i ask him to send? He has a company and he is not someone i can demand too much from.

3) And please, is it ok if i get letter of future employment upon return from a company with official role similar to my MSc degree
4) How can i proof my wife will be fine financially when i leave her in Nigeria for two years?

I want to get things on ground while i await the GCMS note.

@ JustMellow Frankrobbn1 and other GURUS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by boe19: 10:11am On May 09, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please i need help and suggestions. from my refusal correspondence letter, i was refused based on
1) personal Assets
2) travel history
3) purpose of my visit.

Though, while i was submitting my application, i did not find the option to upload all the documents i prepared for my application, i only uploaded my admission letter, IRCC's forms, bank statement (First and last page) and personal letter.

i did not find any option to upload all these CIC certificate, police CCC, receipt of fees payment etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kushbozgyration: 10:23am On May 09, 2019
Qudkom:

I'll advice you don't go ahead with this. You are undermining yourself by saying you are going for a rather expensive course for the sole purpose of enrolling for a future Msc program.

A graduate certificate is similar to an msc just that an msc is expensive, requires completion of a thesis before completion and offers a broad syllabus compared to a GC that is streamlined and trains you to be employment ready after completion.

I will advise that you overlook your low grades and compose something optimistic about your desire to undergo the GC program and the immense value to your career.

I don write SOP tire my bro tore like 6 SOP due to tackling of issues based on peoples rejection not good at lying
Mehn I'm even tired before starting
Okay can I write that I'll be coming back to Nigeria after my GC for my masters because the GC gives me practical knowledge of my course and masters is cheaper in Nigeria
Please help I'm just tired
I'll tear the one I wrote yesterday again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:24am On May 09, 2019
Guy you're hot oh! see all the funding youve gotten! Congratulations!!!
I am no guru but apart from getting a co-sponsor, i think you should address your employment situation. Did you submit your resume with your application?

AgroNACT:
URGENT!

I was recently refused (2 years Study Permit) based on Purpose of Visit, Travel history, Current employment situation, and Personal asset and Financial situation for fall term.

I applied earlier (without a co-sponsor) with just 1.2M NAIRA in my personal account (For flight) cus i got full funding of $23,400. Yesterday i won another funding, Saskatchewan Government scholarship of $16000.

The person i got as third party co-sponsor (If the "co" is ok in my case) just called me this morning that i should send him all what i need from him!

1) How much is the "minimum" reasonable amount i should ask him to state to co-sponsor me, given the scholarship of $23400 + $16,000 i won. And his pledge should be toward what? (Flight, Tuition, Living expenses?).

2) Apart from the letter of sponsorship, what other less complicated documents should i ask him to send? He has a company and he is not someone i can demand too much from.

3) And please, is it ok if i get letter of future employment upon return from a company with official role similar to my MSc degree
4) How can i proof my wife will be fine financially when i leave her in Nigeria for two years?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:25am On May 09, 2019
Im sorry about the outcome of your SP application. Can you share your application timeline?

boe19:
Hello everyone,

Please i need help and suggestions. from my refusal correspondence letter, i was refused based on
1) personal Assets
2) travel history
3) purpose of my visit.

Though, while i was submitting my application, i did not find the option to upload all the documents i prepared for my application, i only uploaded my admission letter, IRCC's forms, bank statement (First and last page) and personal letter.

i did not find any option to upload all these CIC certificate, police CCC, receipt of fees payment etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:28am On May 09, 2019
Pelumi12:

I actually feel my SOP was not good enough because i was advised to keep it simple and make sure it's not more than a page.
Thanks a lot, I will order for the GCMS note immediately.
It is not about the sop. Cic actually states that your stuy plan shouldn't be more than a page.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:30am On May 09, 2019
wealthmiq:

And I have been seeing a lot of approvals here that got admitted into colleges. I am just kind of confused right now.

Don't get confused. It is not about the institution (University, College or Polytechnic) it's about the duration of the program. You have to do a lot to convince the vo on why you are going for a short program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:33am On May 09, 2019
Aphrikanna:
Please who has gotten admission from Thompson Rivers University? I don't know how to accept their offer letter. Biko help if you can
Going to tru. I don't understand what you mean by accept their offer letter.

On the contrary tru sends a conditional acceptance letter in which you have to pay your tuition for a semester then you will be sent an acceptance letter.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:34am On May 09, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
Please FAM, how much is one suppose to have as raw cash while entering Canada?
Not more than 10kCAD but verify this first.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:41am On May 09, 2019
AgroNACT:
URGENT!

Congratulations on your funding. However this only takes the burden off financially. So I'll advice you don't get complacent. You still have to prove;

1. Home ties
2. What you intend to do with the program in Nigeria.
3. Tidy up your family finances before applying.
4. Work on a Co sponsor*

About your family you have ro provide proof that your wife is working or self employed and to further solidify this pay up your:
1. House rent for a year if it is rented and provide the receipt.
2. If you have kids pay their school fees for a year and provide receipts
3. Fund a savings account about 1.5-2mill and claim it to be an emergency fund account should incase something pops up in your absence.

You also need to draft a compelling LOE to explain previous denial. Like I said earlier don't get complacent.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:43am On May 09, 2019
boe19:
Hello everyone,

1) personal Assets
2) travel history
3) purpose of my visit.

Wow sorry but you made a terrible mistake. Most of this documents could have been merged and uploaded in the client information section. Check my previous posts I explained how to go about uploading.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 10:51am On May 09, 2019
One step closer bro.
Nice one!!

Kez911:
Good morning my people...woke up to see Medical passed...I wait on God for the inevitable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2019
sillysassysally:
Guy you're hot oh! see all the funding youve gotten! Congratulations!!!
I am no guru but apart from getting a co-sponsor, i think you should address your employment situation. Did you submit your resume with your application?

All Glory to God.
I made mistake of submitting a CV and i stated that I would complete my NYSC by July, 2019. Plus, i didnt state how my wife would survive.
How best do you think i can address the Employment situation, given the information i have submitted earlier?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 10:54am On May 09, 2019
For real? Like seriously? How do you allow someone to take total charge of your life?
Please tell him to give you your login details, your study permit application number and if possible UCI number.
Ensure you get your application number. How do you do a complaint when you do not have any of those details.

Please do so ASAP.

Promise147:
sir I don’t really have access to my application only the agent does he said sending webform sounds desperate that we have to wait for their decision I’m just short of words honestly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2019
Qudkom:

Congratulations on your funding. However this only takes the burden off financially. So I'll advice you don't get complacent. You still have to prove;

1. Home ties
2. What you intend to do with the program in Nigeria.
3. Tidy up your family finances before applying.
4. Work on a Co sponsor*

About your family you have ro provide proof that your wife is working or self employed and to further solidify this pay up your:
1. House rent for a year if it is rented and provide the receipt.
2. If you have kids pay their school fees for a year and provide receipts
3. Fund a savings account about 1.5-2mill and claim it to be an emergency fund account should incase something pops up in your absence.

You also need to draft a compelling LOE to explain previous denial. Like I said earlier don't get complacent.

Thank you so much for these. You are blessed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deebee23: 10:59am On May 09, 2019
Aphrikanna:
Congrats. Please I just got my conditional acceptance letter from TRU. Can you put me through on how to accept their offer and pay the fees? I'm really confused and don't know how to go about it. Thanks.

What do u mean by accept their offer? You can pay for your tuition through form A. I used first bank’s own to pay mine and it was quick. You will get your final acceptance letter after you pay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 11:15am On May 09, 2019
Wow!!!
See better funding. Congrats. Please how did you apply for the Saskatchewan Government scholarship funding? I need that kind funding for my life oooo.

With regards to your concern, the following are what i think:
1. I think the co-sponsor can show he is willing to support you with about N5m to N10m and write a letter stating the funds he is giving is to help cover your flight ticket and the first few months of your stay in Canada.

2. He should send his SOA, his company details (to show his means of income i would say), and any information pertaining to how he is related to you and why he is a co-sponsor should be included in the letter. (It would help if the letter is written using his business letter head).

3. Yes, if you can get such a letter, it would go a long way to solidify your home ties, and reasons for coming back to Nigeria after your studies.

4. Does your wife work? Do you have kids? are they in school? Draw a simple budget or financial plan to show that you have set aside a certain amount of money and how it would keep them while you are away.
• Now if she works, add her SOA to show she earns some money which will contribute to the family upkeep.
• Kids? Show the school fees, and how their living expenses has been sorted.
• Also point out in your LOE that rent is paid yearly in Nigeria (if you are in a rented apartment), and that you have paid the yearly rent for the first year, and plans are in place to pay when the rent expires.
• Same applies for school fees.

Like i mentioned in other posts, if you show details using figures and dates and timelines, it is clearer to the VOs.

Also I am not an expert ooo... just my opinions and 2 cents on the subject.

Do not worry, your Study Permit is sure.

AgroNACT:
URGENT!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by boe19: 11:20am On May 09, 2019
sillysassysally:
Im sorry about the outcome of your SP application. Can you share your application timeline?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 11:55am On May 09, 2019
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 11:59am On May 09, 2019
sillysassysally:
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Congratulations to you!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oni2019: 12:00pm On May 09, 2019
Guys, I think I'm officially the oldest 2019 applicant here based on Sillysassysally regular updates. grin grin

Please what's the way forward for me? I have sent a webform and mail earlier this week but no feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 12:01pm On May 09, 2019
Abeg anyone with Nairobi visa office email? I submitted since 7 March nothing nothing from them o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 12:02pm On May 09, 2019
Oni2019:
Guys, I think I'm officially the oldest 2019 applicant here based on Sillysassysally regular updates. grin grin

Please what's the way forward for me? I have sent a webform and mail earlier this week but no feedback.

Guy we are in the same shoes o.. ... Anybody with how to tackle this quick..... I cannot defer my admission as the program only admits once in a year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oni2019: 12:04pm On May 09, 2019
zsuby:

Guy we are in the same shoes o.. ... Anybody with how to tackle this quick..... I cannot defer my admission as the program only admits once in a year

Same here. I applied since January 17th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 12:07pm On May 09, 2019
U dont know how I have been praying for you to get this...u deserve this Sally.....wow God is good...congrats.
sillysassysally:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:17pm On May 09, 2019
sillysassysally:
Congratulations dear. Our data analyst lol

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 12:17pm On May 09, 2019
sillysassysally:
Am so so happy for you girl, a big congrats to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69