Stats: 3,156,241 members, 7,829,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (870984 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 9:43pm On May 08, 2019
So sorry to hear this. Please share your timeline/info on your application.
When did you apply?
What did you use during applications?

As for home ties where are your family members?
Who is your sponsor?
What do you currently do (employment) and what did you fill as employment for them to say limited employment prospects?
What course were you going for?

Once you share your info, then some persons here can help you however they can.
Do not be sad, pick yourself up, and start again

Keep the Faith... it will end in praise.

Pelumi12:
my application was just denied based on my travel history, home ties and limited employment prospects.
Please I need any help I can get.
School resumes in fall Connestoga college and the course I plan on studying is Computer Applications Development

Please any suggestions on what i can do to correct this will be appreciated as I plan on reapplying soon.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wealthmiq: 9:49pm On May 08, 2019
hiambenson:

I used applygcms dot com. You can use Google to know the one that you might prefer.
Thank you. There are several options there. should I opt in for the 18CAD option? Can I pay with my naira debit card?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:50pm On May 08, 2019
Concate:

Hi Qudkom and Deebee23,

I'm also resuming in fall 2019. What courses are you enrolled for. My course is Post bacc. diploma in business admin. Will be nice to link up with u.
Post bacc. International business.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 9:57pm On May 08, 2019
Pelumi12:
my application was just denied based on my travel history, home ties and limited employment prospects.
Please I need any help I can get.
School resumes in fall Connestoga college and the course I plan on studying is Computer Applications Development

Please any suggestions on what i can do to correct this will be appreciated as I plan on reapplying soon.
I’m sorry about that? When did you apply and when did you get the refusal. Kindly share your profile for gurus to help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hiambenson: 10:04pm On May 08, 2019
Mudicua:
Thank you sir...
I am a girl though... lol wink

Lol. My bad. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 10:04pm On May 08, 2019
EkpeEkpe:
Please how long did it take to get a police clearance certificate? I’m ready to apply and that’s all that is remaining. My school is resuming in July.

Also be ready to bargain.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hiambenson: 10:06pm On May 08, 2019
wealthmiq:

Thank you. There are several options there. should I opt in for the 18CAD option? Can I pay with my naira debit card?

That was the exact one I paid for. GTB naira debit card works very well for almost all international transactions. I used GTB naira debit card (Mastercard).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pelumi12: 10:17pm On May 08, 2019
Mudicua:
So sorry to hear this. Please share your timeline/info on your application.
When did you apply?
What did you use during applications?

As for home ties where are your family members?
Who is your sponsor?
What do you currently do (employment) and what did you fill as employment for them to say limited employment prospects?
What course were you going for?

Once you share your info, then some persons here can help you however they can.
Do not be sad, pick yourself up, and start again

Keep the Faith... it will end in praise.

Thank you, these are the Documents I submitted:
Sponsor’s documents (Dad)
Sponsor bank statement of six months
Sponsor Domiciliary account
Sponsor Remuneration Statement
Sponsor ID card
Letter of sponsorship
Confirmation letter of employment for sponsor
Reference letter from Sponsor bank
Full Tuition Receipt
Dads Landed Documents and estate valuation
Birth Certificate
SOP
Bsc Certificate
Waec print out
Admission letter

I currently work as an intern for IITA
and i planned on studying PGC Computer Application Development at Connestoga College

Submitted Online 4th of April
Biometrics 8th of April
Delay 8th of May
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by lassky(m): 10:19pm On May 08, 2019
wealthmiq:

can't someone in Canada help you apply for it? I guess that's cheaper (about 5cad or so)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Promise147: 10:34pm On May 08, 2019
Kez911:

processing time is 10-12weeks, if it's outside, u have two options start sending webforms and mails or order for your gcms note to find out wats holding it
Thanks kez911 for your responses but as of when I applied been January the processing time was 20week and my application is 14weeks old now thou I used an agent for my application, he said he has not gotten any update yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cypapi: 10:38pm On May 08, 2019
Anyone? !! Cambrain College Ontario. Fall Sept.

Let linkUp

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wealthmiq: 10:40pm On May 08, 2019
Please guys does anyone have any idea of the process of doing property valuation in Benin City?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 10:50pm On May 08, 2019
Oh well.... honestly I am not an expert here, and there are many on this platform who will probably give better advise and suggestions than I do.
However from my own little experience and knowledge I would think your SOP/ LOE (Letter of Explanation) and your employment as well as your plan of study probably was the issue. I do not know what you put in your LOE, but a good one will give clear and precise explanation of the following:
1. who you are.
2. what you do.
3. what you wanna do, why you wanna do it.
4. how what you want to do relates to your future and your life (goals),
5. will the program increase or improve your employment opportunities in your country of citizenship?,
6. shows you will go back home after your studies

Also apart from your LOE, with regards to home ties.
How old are you?
Do you have siblings? (if yes, what do they do, did you provide a brief detail about them in your LOE?)
Are you married? (I am assuming no)
Do you have any assets of your own?

Also with sponsorship.
How much was in your sponsors acct?
Are you the sole financial responsibility of your sponsor

With regards to employment
being an intern is good, however you need to tie your internship with your future goals and plans.
Is what you are interning as related to the course you are gunning for?
How long have you being an intern, and before that what were you doing?

Lastly I will suggest you order GCMS notes for more clarifications.

Pelumi12:

Sponsor ID card
Letter of sponsorship
Full Tuition Receipt
Birth Certificate
SOP
Bsc Certificate
Waec print out
Admission letter

and i planned on studying PGC Computer Application Development at Connestoga College

Biometrics 8th of April
Delay 8th of May

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 10:52pm On May 08, 2019
Kez911:

If u are in Lagos, 20mins u get it
What of outside Lagos? Any contact for police certificate? I'm in the east
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by danherb: 11:48pm On May 08, 2019
I want to know if can use company account for application of study visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:55pm On May 08, 2019
I don't think that's the case. I don't think the issue is from QLife, I think it's from IRCC. I think after submission of the medical result, they (IRCC) will review it themselves to determine if you passed.

QLife and IOM just does the examinations and submits the results to IRCC, they in turn review to check if the applicant's result is "suitable" to them before uploading it into the system.

So when you see medical passed, know that IRCC has done the update to your application in their system.

Disclaimer: This is just conjecture on my part.

Kez911:

The problem I have with Qlife is wen I got my medical request examination, I called Qlife on 12th April and told dem it is not an upfront medicals repeatedly like I was hammering on the thing yet the human being answering me was giving me May 2nd. Okay I waited till May 2nd got the clinic dy said submit your passport plus passport photo. Write your passport number behind...we all did but they still didn't ask if we were upfront or on request...what am trying to say is Qlife treats everybody as upfront...till this moment my account is still saying medical yet to be updated...make tomorrow reach 1st..i will call them..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 12:04am On May 09, 2019
It's mostly Igbo men that will miss the East. I grew up in Lagos, and when I go to the East, I only go to rest. I just have to stay there a few weeks and I'll start to miss Lagos again.

Igbo men eh, una too like East smh grin

You and TheAfrikan smh

Kez911:

As in ehhh....now my body dy hot..i dont want anymore delays plus am tired of lagos and work...I miss east

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:20am On May 09, 2019
Pelumi12:

Sponsor ID card
Letter of sponsorship
Full Tuition Receipt
Birth Certificate
SOP
Bsc Certificate
Waec print out
Admission letter

Biometrics 8th of April
Delay 8th of May

Just went through this and I am sorry to say but I found a loophole.

1. No vo will believe your employment situation. Everyone knows being an Intern is a temporary role and doesn't guarantee your long term involvement in the organisation. Hence the employment refusal reason.

2. You had a good sponsor and obviously good financial portfolio however there was so much emphasis on your Dad and you didn't include any proof of your personal asset and finance or any personal factor that can lure you back home.

The bottom line is this, you can manage to compose a compelling loe but how do you want to convince a VO about the changes in your employment situation within a few weeks. Get a letter from a superior confirming or assuring future employment after your program.

Another notable mention would be the duration of your studies, Conestoga is famous for short 8month programs and sometimes that spooks VOs. Once again sorry about the refusal you can however order gcms note but don't rush a reapplication.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:25am On May 09, 2019
danherb:
I want to know if can use company account for application of study visa.

Yes you can, however the Vo might be concerned about how you or sponsor intends to use business funds to sponsor you through school. If it is accompanied by a decent savings account then it might fly.

Company account generally proofs that you have a good source of income and solidifies your integrity and ability to pay future living expenses or come back to the company after studies if you own it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:27am On May 09, 2019
EkpeEkpe:
Please how long did it take to get a police clearance certificate? I’m ready to apply and that’s all that is remaining. My school is resuming in July.
You can get it the same day you apply.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:29am On May 09, 2019
Promise147:
I applied for study permit on the 28 January did biometric 30 January up till now I have not gotten medical request any January study permit applicant here

You need to send a Web form asking for an update on your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:31am On May 09, 2019
OB411:
Hello guys!

I received a mail to come pick up my processed passport. I am surprised because I am yet to do medicals.

Is this a rejection?

wow !!

Applied paper route 1st March 2019.

Sorry, If you didn't get a medical request or conducted an upfront medical then that's a refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:37am On May 09, 2019
hiambenson:
I just got a denial email, guys. sad The reason they gave was based on travel history and based on personal asset and financial status. I'm self sponsored and I have over 8m in my account which covers both tuition and living expenses for PGC. I also have landed properties which I furnished them with the survey plans. Not sure what went wrong. I'm about to order GCMS notes and reapply asap because I'm supposed to resume by Sep. Do you guys think I would be able to meet up? Kai, I was very optimistic eh! undecided Notwitstanding, I'll reapply.

Sorry to hear this, I hope you remain optimistic enough to work on the refusal reasons.

My early verdict would be the fact that you showed good financial portfolio however your finances is just within the border and doesn't show much proof of your ability to sponsor yourself for future semesters. I also noticed you didn't use a co-sponsor and that might make the Vo think you are straining your finances for a program that could otherwise be enrolled for in Nigeria.

Non the less order your gcms note and just incase you might need to defer. Also familiarise yourself with the schools refund policy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:42am On May 09, 2019
Kushbozgyration:
Good afternoon people,it's my first time here
read through the post here
But my problem is this
I graduated with a second class lower which I couldn't get an a masters degree admission so I opted for a graduate certificate (1yr) my question goes thus
Will I be able to pursue my masters after the completion my my GC (like will it cover for lower degree deficiency)

The second is that how do I convince the VO that my graduate certificate because the sop I wrote I told the truth about having a lower degree and still wanna go for masters after the completion of the GC,please what do I do ?
Please help me

I'll advice you don't go ahead with this. You are undermining yourself by saying you are going for a rather expensive course for the sole purpose of enrolling for a future Msc program.

A graduate certificate is similar to an msc just that an msc is expensive, requires completion of a thesis before completion and offers a broad syllabus compared to a GC that is streamlined and trains you to be employment ready after completion.

I will advise that you overlook your low grades and compose something optimistic about your desire to undergo the GC program and the immense value to your career.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wealthmiq: 12:55am On May 09, 2019
Qudkom:

Just went through this and I am sorry to say but I found a loophole.

1. No vo will believe your employment situation. Everyone knows being an Intern is a temporary role and doesn't guarantee your long term involvement in the organisation. Hence the employment refusal reason.

2. You had a good sponsor and obviously good financial portfolio however there was so much emphasis on your Dad and you didn't include any proof of your personal asset and finance or any personal factor that can lure you back home.

The bottom line is this, you can manage to compose a compelling loe but how do you want to convince a VO about the changes in your employment situation within a few weeks. Get a letter from a superior confirming or assuring future employment after your program.

Another notable mention would be the duration of your studies, Conestoga is famous for short 8month programs and sometimes that spooks VOs. Once again sorry about the refusal you can however order gcms note but don't rush a reapplication.
You mean there is a downside to going for an 8 months program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Promise147: 1:06am On May 09, 2019
Kez911:

Kindly order for your gcms note...and send mails and webforms concurrently....
bro I don’t have access to my application only the agent does and you he won’t give me the login he said it’s will look desperate if he starts sending them mails that’s really the issue here, I’m just tired but it’s must surely end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:06am On May 09, 2019
Hello Niaralanders!

I will be resuming University of Prince Edward Island in the fall. I already got my visa, however i could not travel in January due to late visa arrival. I will like to connect with anyone going for study or living in PEI already and anyone who could provide information regarding accommodation and relevant information about studying on the Island.

Pls help if you can!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54