Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866640 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deebee23: 2:23am On May 14, 2019
Congrats to those who got approved and the ones expecting too. It will end in praise.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Y2Kbaba: 6:09am On May 14, 2019
Y2Kbaba:
Good evening everyone.
Pls I am planning submitting my application via paper route this week.
1. Which of my documents do I notorise?
2. How do I go about the IMM forms. I can downland from my PC now but do I fill before downland and print or just print blanck form then fill with pen?
3. I often see guys complaining about the challenges of linking up paper app. Is there any way out to really avoid such challenges in case it occur or rather prevent it?

Thank you

Somebody shd kindly help please.
Good morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 6:24am On May 14, 2019
Bracha:
Yaaaassssss!! grin grin Congratulations!!! Where the party at??!

This one that Austacus the facilitator of this process has travelled, I'll fill in for him, so in case you were thinking of getting drinks with him - you'll foot the bill as we all know - I'll just stand in. I'm lower maintenance than him, I promise. I'm a teetotaler, so no alcohol, just ice creams.

What say you Kez?

Austacus, please don't complain; just accept and let this jollification reach me. When he gets to Canada, my standing-in will end, then he can buy you all the beer you need at Algonquin.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Congrats Kez!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 6:26am On May 14, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
@Bracha,I wish I could meet u in person...I too like u biko smiley
Same here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wealthmiq: 6:44am On May 14, 2019
Austacus:

Nope.
Your dad (boss) should also tell them your role in the company and your credibilities and how the company have experienced immerse growth cause of you hence they should allow you to study in Canada cause you're coming back to take over the company (I can't remember how he put it in the letter) I can't play around in my PC looking for my documents.

Ps: He should be authoritative and official in the letter (boss thing)
Okay. Thank you very much. since I am not submitting yet, if you are able to get around your PC any time please I would very much appreciate it if you can take a look at it and help me with it. Thank you boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wealthmiq: 7:29am On May 14, 2019
Hi. Good morning everybody. please those of you that got refusal mail this month (paper route) Have you heard anything about your passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christycode: 7:45am On May 14, 2019
I got admission to study nursing in Canada(fall 2019), I finished secondary school 2017,(science student), I spent 2018 applying for Canadian visa and it was refused based on financial reasons and purpose of travel... The visa officer said I didn't convince him/her that I'll return to my county after studies,however the admission letter I used last year was that of prenursing(the school said I met the requirements for nursing but there was no space so they gave me prenursing),which is one year duration. So i applied for nursing again this year(on time)Again I used a third party sponsor for that of last year. So my complete timeline for this year is:
Acceptance letter(nursing)
I want to pay full fees,don't know if it's advisable
Mum's my sponsor (her letter of sponsorship)
Dad is late
Her land and house docs
Birth certificate to show our relationship
Waec result (5as&4bs)
School testimonial
SOA of N5M(my school fees is approx $12350)
International passport & CIC docs
I'm 18 years
I forgot to add, I attached a LOE addressing the reasons for the refusal, my brother and I are the only ones under mum's care,and I also tried to explain the docs involved in my application
Please is this timeline okay, i dont want to make same mistake again,what should be added and what should be left out,school resumes September. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 7:58am On May 14, 2019
sillysassysally:
1. Whether your application is a new one or a re-application
2. Your school resuption date
3. date you did your biometrics

This information is to help populate our timeline. Thanks.

Hello @sillysassysally, I checked through the ProdigyFinance website you talked about and noticed they are more into schools in the US and was able to only find University of British Columbia and University of Toronto (the only two Canadian Universities) on the site.
Can you please give a roadmap on securing the Loan. Thanks and nice profile

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 8:02am On May 14, 2019
Christycode:
I got admission to study nursing in Canada(fall 2019), I finished secondary school 2017,(science student), I spent 2018 applying for Canadian visa and it was refused based on financial reasons and purpose of travel... The visa officer said I didn't convince him/her that I'll return to my county after studies,however the admission letter I used last year was that of prenursing(the school said I met the requirements for nursing but there was no space so they gave me prenursing),which is one year duration. So i applied for nursing again this year(on time)Again I used a third party sponsor for that of last year. So my complete timeline for this year is:
Dad is late
Her land and house docs
Waec result (5as&4bs)
School testimonial
I'm 18 years
Please is this timeline okay, i dont want to make same mistake again,what should be added and what should be left out,school resumes September. Thanks.

....hello Christy, kindly check the school's refund policy before you pay your fees. Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 8:06am On May 14, 2019
Christycode:
Dad is late
Her land and house docs
Waec result (5as&4bs)
School testimonial
I'm 18 years

You said the VO sighted "purpose of Visit" and "Home Ties "...---have you addressed those issues and you also didn't mention anything about SOP or LOE...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 8:11am On May 14, 2019
The school you have mentioned are not the only schools in Canada that they service. Im not even going to any of those schools.
Timothyphillips:

Hello @sillysassysally, I checked through the ProdigyFinance website you talked about and noticed they are more into schools in the US and was able to only find University of British Columbia and University of Toronto (the only two Canadian Universities) on the site.
Can you please give a roadmap on securing the Loan. Thanks and nice profile

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tinuolaflo: 8:53am On May 14, 2019
Toobie:

Congrats.please what course cos am also applying to to uni manitoba

microbiology
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tinuolaflo: 9:10am On May 14, 2019
hello all, my school is not insisting i make deposits before coming over to Canada but the immigration portal is asking for proof of payment of tuition and accommodation, also is submitting a bank draft in convertible currency compulsory? kindly assist please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 9:16am On May 14, 2019
I got reply from MP. These guys are awesome! Austacus, your advise was on point. Thanks once again

I will mail it, if I have to take it in myself, I will have to fly to Los angeles, where they have their student permit VAC. Been there twice. during my journey.

My story !!

2015 -- Visitor Visa 5Years

2016 -- Student permit rejected when I try changing status- Was advice I can only do it outside of Canada

2017 -- Student permit rejected , I had to travel to LA with US visitor visa

2017 -- Student Reject flew to Lagos to apply

2018 -- Student permit approved US embassy Lagos

2018 - Applied again in Lagos no response till 2019 after 8months

Omonoba1981:

Thanks Austacus good thought. On the other hand my aunt just told me to check flight ticket to Nigeria. But I want to know if I decided to fly to Nigeria, how long will it take to get my passport back. This will allow me take a more better return ticket.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SeriaBravo: 10:35am On May 14, 2019
You dont ned to do this.

I was in Germany when my vist visa was approved.

I sent a mail to them telling them am currently not in the country and they asked that I send it to the nearest VFS in gERMANY.

You will be given specific instructions on what to do
Omonoba1981:

True ! I have been on call making inquiry for flight Delta airline for Miami 16-19th to Lagos and return date of 31st to Toronto.

The Lowest I could go was 1600 USD. It went as high as 2000 USD. I think I will go with Austacus suggestion. We just spoke with the MP, that has been helping following up. And he just told me to send him some detail so he can talk the CIC office. He asked if i had updated my contact detail via the webform initially. I told him , yes ! When I left Nigeria, I actually sent a mail via webform that I am now in Miami. Not sure why they didn't take this into consideration.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Toobie: 10:56am On May 14, 2019
Tinuolaflo:

microbiology

B.sc or M.sc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chinonye94: 11:00am On May 14, 2019
Good morning everyone. I applied for study permit via the paper route on the 24th of April and had my biometrics done on the same day. Can anyone give an estimate of how long it takes to be called for medicals? I ask because I heard the paper route takes longer to process, and it's been approximately 3 weeks now.
Thanks for your help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hiambenson: 11:25am On May 14, 2019
Kez911:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!!! CHAI!!!!!! 8 freaking months of waiting.... Finally I can breath well...Wat a wait!!!

Congrats 042Viber.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chinonye94: 11:26am On May 14, 2019
Kez911:

You are still very very very much withing the processing timeline which is 9weeks plus paper route or online...u only get a medical request if u meet eligibility review requirements, which practically means nothing is guaranteed...i will suggest you put your application in prayers

Will do that. Thank you very much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:31am On May 14, 2019
I don't think it would affect it, BUT you need to have a new acceptance letter before leaving for Canada, because at the Port of Entry you may be asked for your acceptance letter.

Pel1960:
Hello gurus in the house

I applied for a study permit this year while I was in Canada but it was denied. I defferd my admission and reapply when I returned to Nigeria and it was approved some days ago. Consequently, I have sent my passport to cic for stamping
However due to some reasons, I won't be able to resume in summer and the University policy stated that student can only defer admission once

I was told to apply for new admission.

My question is that if I get new admission, will it affect my Visa already approved Visa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tinuolaflo: 11:39am On May 14, 2019
Toobie:

b.sc

B.sc or M.sc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:52am On May 14, 2019
If you want to pay full tuition, please familiarise yourself with the school's refund policy.

I could be wrong here, but I think the 5m is too low, I think it needs to be increased. Because if you pay tuition from 5m, how much would be left for your mom? Also you haven't paid other fees such as accommodation, books etc. If you're your mom's only dependant, please write this in your statement of purpose.

Like someone said, you didn't include a statement of purpose (SOP) or a letter of explanation (LOE). Please include them and let them address the reasons for your initial denial, let them show how you tackled those reasons. Your SOP should also state your reason for taking that course and what you intend to do with it when you come back. Please check the first page of this thread for how to write SOPs or check Google.

Good luck.

Christycode:
Dad is late
Her land and house docs
Waec result (5as&4bs)
School testimonial
I'm 18 years

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 11:57am On May 14, 2019
yemicoal:
Good evening guys,quick one. I have a B.Sc in mechanical engineering but intend going for another degree in business administration in brandon university. Is it advisable i include i attended a university already on the application form. Thanks
Firstly, there is little correlation between the two programs. This is my advice;
1. If you exclude the previous bsc certificate. The Vo will need to understand why you are going for a bsc. considering your current age and why it took so long.

2. I will suggest going for a post graduate program.

3. If you still feel a BSc program is what you need then you need a serious SOP to that effect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 11:58am On May 14, 2019
Pel1960:
Hello gurus in the house

I applied for a study permit this year while I was in Canada but it was denied. I defferd my admission and reapply when I returned to Nigeria and it was approved some days ago. Consequently, I have sent my passport to cic for stamping
However due to some reasons, I won't be able to resume in summer and the University policy stated that student can only defer admission once

I was told to apply for new admission.

My question is that if I get new admission, will it affect my Visa already approved Visa

Go ahead and apply to the same dli. It wont affect your visa. All you have to do is apply for a study permit extension about 3 months before the visa expires.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:07pm On May 14, 2019
Christycode:
Dad is late
Her land and house docs
Waec result (5as&4bs)
School testimonial
I'm 18 years

Hello, firstly nobody can give you a 100% assurance of what you need to submit. However I can tell you this;

1. If your approach didn't work the first time, then you shouldn't use it the 2nd.

2. You are going for an extremely expensive program in canada, assuming your mums dependents and all. It will be difficult convincing a VO of the long term support.

3. I don't know if you ordered a gcms note for the previous refusal. But I believe the "purpose of visit" needs to be tackled in a detailed loe together with why you are going for a prenursing program rather than a straight out enrollment into a bsc nursing program.

4. Your sponsors finance is a little weak. Considering a 4-5 year bsc program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 12:23pm On May 14, 2019
sillysassysally:
The school you have mentioned are not the only schools in Canada that they service. Im not even going to any of those schools.

Cool.... Nice to know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 1:08pm On May 14, 2019
sillysassysally:
@sillysassysally you are right... Some schools are not on their site. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.