Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (864975 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 1:37pm On May 14, 2019
Kez911:
I am just leaving VFS..... the guys at vfs are wondering how am getting a passport request wen I did applied in July 2018. I told them CIC happened but they kept on asking if I reapplied...I told them am I not the one that applied plus why would I reapply and not tell you....they even issued me a new receipt with a new tracking number, just got a mail of the new tracking number...pls am I on the right track

Me I no understand this people o...hope am safe??
Lol you need the tracking number to monitor progress from vfs to nairobi and back. So you know when to collect it. Also your cic portal eill be updated once you get the counterfoil at the embassy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 1:52pm On May 14, 2019
Kez911:

Thanks man....me I was confused and afraid..I was like GOD pls abeg not at this last second....as I was leaving qlife called me to ask me if I was scheduled to do a medicals on Thursday....that call alone, just seeing Qlife medicals on my phone...I was scared again wondering if I had a disease dy wanted to let me know b4 telling cic...but thank God shaa...it all ended in praise for my guy Ralf, congratulations boss...
Thank God for you brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 1:53pm On May 14, 2019
Qudkom:

Lol you need the tracking number to monitor progress from vfs to nairobi and back. So you know when to collect it. Also your cic portal eill be updated once you get the counterfoil at the embassy.
@Kudkom nice spirit....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:08pm On May 14, 2019
Omonoba1981:
I finally got request for my passport after 8months. But , not sure why they have requested. I though have a valid TRV (visitor visa) they would need to request for my passport.

Big congratulations! Finally. You can now stop panicking. You didn't drop any update on how you finally went through with your medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:11pm On May 14, 2019
Kez911:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!!! CHAI!!!!!! 8 freaking months of waiting.... Finally I can breath well...Wat a wait!!!

Big congratulations Viber! Patience was the key.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 2:15pm On May 14, 2019
Did you show them the letter requesting for passport? You are on the right path. The tracking number and receipt are for the passport. So when it's ready you go with them for collection.

Congrats once again.

Kez911:
I am just leaving VFS..... the guys at vfs are wondering how am getting a passport request wen I did applied in July 2018. I told them CIC happened but they kept on asking if I reapplied...I told them am I not the one that applied plus why would I reapply and not tell you....they even issued me a new receipt with a new tracking number, just got a mail of the new tracking number...pls am I on the right track

Me I no understand this people o...hope am safe??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 2:25pm On May 14, 2019
Big Congrats to Omonoba1981 and Viber....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:44pm On May 14, 2019
Omonoba1981:
Thanks. I will leave it. It is more expensive and its a community college. It cost me like $5000 + for one semester 13 credit unit.

I plan to do change of DLI from my Bleep Poly to Bleep college ontario which will cost me like 4000-5000 CAD one semester which is more cheaper.

In US its very had to work during school even in summer, I am applying to work but was told I have to register 1 credit to work during summer and mostly have to be within Campus. In Canada, my elder sister was able to do 20Hrs during school and unlimited hours during summer.

And my intended course is a Co-Op based and really like the option of CO-op. My sister during her studies in Sask Poly , she did her co-op in a construction company 8month when she made cool money as she was paid like $23/hr and more for out of station and overtime. Now after studies in December. Her supervisor called her to come work with them during the summer. And she told her boss that she has a kid sister that is coming for studies in Fall, if she can get a summer work for her. And the Supervisor is okay , only if I have a driving license.

But I am a bit afraid even if I am able to the visa, if they will allow me come at the POE during the summer.

I will leave, and plan to check with the school in Canada, if I can transfer my courses. I am planing to take new program similar to what I have now in Miami.

Working when your classes have not commenced or prior before resumption will make you ineligible for a PGWP

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christycode: 2:49pm On May 14, 2019
Yes I have,I told them I have no intentions of staying back in Canada after studies,I attached the birth certificate of all my siblings though don't know if that's enough to prove I have home ties
Timothyphillips:

You said the VO sighted "purpose of Visit" and "Home Ties "...---have you addressed those issues and you also didn't mention anything about SOP or LOE...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christycode: 2:50pm On May 14, 2019
Okay thanks. I will
Timothyphillips:

....hello Christy, kindly check the school's refund policy before you pay your fees. Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christycode: 2:56pm On May 14, 2019
Yeah,it was stated that I should pay full tuition before August 20,do you recommend I make this payment before study permit application? Also I adressed the reasons for the refusal in my LOE according to the refusal letter I got
Kez911:

One your admission letter, was it stated that you are to pay full tuition fee within a specific time, if not, u don't need to pay now....i dont see a statement of purpose, also a letter of explanation to tackle the previous denial...did you apply for your gcms note...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:03pm On May 14, 2019
Pel1960:
Hello gurus in the house

I applied for a study permit this year while I was in Canada but it was denied. I defferd my admission and reapply when I returned to Nigeria and it was approved some days ago. Consequently, I have sent my passport to cic for stamping
However due to some reasons, I won't be able to resume in summer and the University policy stated that student can only defer admission once

I was told to apply for new admission.

My question is that if I get new admission, will it affect my Visa already approved Visa

It will not have any effect on your already approved visa as all you need to do is to update your DLI details(name and number in your online gckey account)

Good luck!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christycode: 3:04pm On May 14, 2019
Do I need to show money that will cover the four years?
Thought it was supposed to be proof of one year finance which will determine subsequent years. My school fees is approx $12350
Please explain what you mean by approach
Qudkom:

Hello, firstly nobody can give you a 100% assurance of what you need to submit. However I can tell you this;

1. If your approach didn't work the first time, then you shouldn't use it the 2nd.

2. You are going for an extremely expensive program in canada, assuming your mums dependents and all. It will be difficult convincing a VO of the long term support.

3. I don't know if you ordered a gcms note for the previous refusal. But I believe the "purpose of visit" needs to be tackled in a detailed loe together with why you are going for a prenursing program rather than a straight out enrollment into a bsc nursing program.

4. Your sponsors finance is a little weak. Considering a 4-5 year bsc program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abusmanlouis: 3:11pm On May 14, 2019
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Sincerely,

IRCC Nairobi

High Commission of Canada to Kenya

My friend just got denied of study permit after 5 days.
How can we address this issue pls in reapplication?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christycode: 3:12pm On May 14, 2019
Qudkom:

Hello, firstly nobody can give you a 100% assurance of what you need to submit. However I can tell you this;

1. If your approach didn't work the first time, then you shouldn't use it the 2nd.

2. You are going for an extremely expensive program in canada, assuming your mums dependents and all. It will be difficult convincing a VO of the long term support.

3. I don't know if you ordered a gcms note for the previous refusal. But I believe the "purpose of visit" needs to be tackled in a detailed loe together with why you are going for a prenursing program rather than a straight out enrollment into a bsc nursing program.

I'm not going for prenursing I'm going for Nursing. You probably didn't get me, last year I was offered prenursing because I applied late for admission,so seats were full. But this year,I applied on time and was offered nursing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kanzjude: 3:12pm On May 14, 2019
I am preparing my docs currently. Please, can my cousin serve as my sponsor. I mean the son of my father's elder sister and what documents should I show to support the relationship. Thanks in anticipation
Kez911:

Reading your profile, u have a tight reason to be considered a genuine student by the vo and also have a lined out plan and reason to do the course you chose and have something you will offer in return to naija... To answer your questions, no one here will have time to teach or tell u the step by step process...Wat I can offer u is to start reading for thread 14 to this present thread or u can use Google to research what u require to apply for Canadian visa... When you do dat, u can always revert here to ask your questions in things you don't understand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christycode: 3:15pm On May 14, 2019
I'm not going for prenursing I'm going for Nursing. You probably didn't get me, last year I was offered prenursing because I applied late for admission,so seats were full. But this year,I applied on time and was offered nursing quote author=Qudkom post=78380364]

4. Your sponsors finance is a little weak. Considering a 4-5 year bsc program. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christycode: 3:15pm On May 14, 2019
Qudkom:

I'm not going for prenursing I'm going for Nursing. You probably didn't get me, last year I was offered prenursing because I applied late for admission,so seats were full. But this year,I applied on time and was offered nursing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:21pm On May 14, 2019
Christycode:
I got admission to study nursing in Canada(fall 2019), I finished secondary school 2017,(science student), I spent 2018 applying for Canadian visa and it was refused based on financial reasons and purpose of travel... The visa officer said I didn't convince him/her that I'll return to my county after studies,however the admission letter I used last year was that of prenursing(the school said I met the requirements for nursing but there was no space so they gave me prenursing),which is one year duration. So i applied for nursing again this year(on time)Again I used a third party sponsor for that of last year. So my complete timeline for this year is:
Acceptance letter(nursing)
I want to pay full fees,don't know if it's advisable
Mum's my sponsor (her letter of sponsorship)
Dad is late
Her land and house docs
Birth certificate to show our relationship
Waec result (5as&4bs)
School testimonial
SOA of N5M(my school fees is approx $12350)
International passport & CIC docs
I'm 18 years
Please is this timeline okay, i dont want to make same mistake again,what should be added and what should be left out,school resumes September. Thanks.

The SOA is not sufficient. I wouldn't want to say your application is weak but you still on track if you improve on it. Given is a reapplication your SOP and LOE will definitely come in handy.

If am to guess, you reapplying without seeing you gcms notes but nothing is impossible. Take time to address the "purpose of visit" refusal reasons if known.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by benque: 3:24pm On May 14, 2019
As at last semester it was 27500, school fees is currently under review so pray it doesn't go up.
Deposit is 4000, that's also a new development, never had to pay deposit before

Toobie:

Please how much is the fees for M.eng Electrial and Computer Engineering at university of Windsor and how much is their tuition deposit

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christycode: 3:27pm On May 14, 2019
JustMellow:

The SOA is not sufficient. I wouldn't want to say your application is weak but you still on track if you improve on it. Given is a reapplication your SOP and LOE will definitely come in handy.

If am to guess, you reapplying without seeing you gcms notes but nothing is impossible. Take time to address the "purpose of visit" refusal reasons if known.

Good luck!
Really? Someone was approved with 4M SoA, same school and same program, though I will try to improve on it. Thanks.
I got a refusal letter,I addressed the refusal reasons based on the letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okoriekwe(m): 3:45pm On May 14, 2019
Wow! That was fast. Can you kindly provide more details about your friend's application? Thank you.

abusmanlouis:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Sincerely,

IRCC Nairobi

High Commission of Canada to Kenya

My friend just got denied of study permit after 5 days.
How can we address this issue pls in reapplication?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

I applied to University of Saskatchewan MSc research program for fall 2019. On March 6th, my supervisor (Graduate chair) nominated me for a scholarship competition. So last week my supervisor who is the graduate chair of my department called and also emailed me. He said '' I have been recommended for a scholarship by their selection committee and my name is the second on the list of people to fund but he hasn't been given permission to fund scholarships yet. That he will keep me informed as this proceed and he is very interested in having me join his lab this september.

Please is this really a good sign everyone?

Thanks everyone one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 3:50pm On May 14, 2019
Thanks @JustMellow !! And much appreciation goes to this platform . You guys are awesome here!!

JustMellow:

Big congratulations! Finally. You can now stop panicking. You didn't drop any update on how you finally went through with your medicals?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 4:01pm On May 14, 2019
Thanks for the advise! I will put that in mind. My sister could be so lucky, she did same when she came in 2016.

She got in Feb 2016 with Bsc computer science. And change DLI to the poly with Co-OP however she work from Feb/March till she resume and was able to raised 5k from her McDonald. Rounded off her program in December. Applied for PGWP in January and just got 3 years last month. Meanwhile, this Summer she is working with the construction firm she did her co op.

In July her express entry score will be 459, then it will be a total of 3 years work experience where 1year will be Canadian experience and 2 year she was able to claim from Nigeria during her OND with a construction company.

From her Express ENtry profile, with her CELPIP score and adding that she already have 3 year- she met the FSW and CEC with 459.

You might ask why she had that high score.

Age was on her side - got the max score
2 Diploma - one OND that has already gone through WES and another diploma from Canada (she completed in December)
she got 15 marks from sibling in Canada.

My advice for those that already have work experience from Nigeria, you can always give Express entry a short, expecially if you still have age on your side, if you find ielts complex try CELPIP etc.

[i][/i]
JustMellow:

Working when your classes have not commenced or prior before resumption will make you ineligible for a PGWP

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 4:43pm On May 14, 2019
Wow! Congratulations my fellow ovbiedo.
I am so happy for you.

Omonoba1981:
I finally got request for my passport after 8months. But , not sure why they have requested. I though have a valid TRV (visitor visa) they would need to request for my passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 4:49pm On May 14, 2019
Kez911:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!!! CHAI!!!!!! 8 freaking months of waiting.... Finally I can breath well...Wat a wait!!!

Yay... Congratulations oooo. I know how you feel my brother. Wow!!!
I am so tapping into this one oooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dera12345(f): 5:02pm On May 14, 2019
Really? Someone was approved with 4M SoA, same school and same program, though I will try to improve on it. Thanks.
I got a refusal letter,I addressed the refusal reasons based on the letter[/quote]

What worked for Mr A might not work for Mr B, besides your application can’t be 100% the same with him/hers.. Have you wondered if the person have paid all his /her tuition fee and living expenses intact before submitting the 4M SOA, or even without paying if his/her tuition fee and living expenses is lesser than yours? so you don’t know what gave the person higher wings to fly over it.
I suggest you don’t take chances, just do something to the SOA and be on a safer side.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 5:02pm On May 14, 2019
Thanks Sally.
This makes sense.
1. The sponsor is very busy, but i have been able to reach him, however with regards to transfer to my account, I cannot risjk it given the duration it takes to get a response from IRCC? Imagine if Dude had transfered the cash since when i applied, he would not be that patient ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Hence I decided against it.

2. With regards to having 2x the amount, yeah he does. However in my first LOE i did not break down exactly how he was gonna sponsor, other than tuition and living expensse. His sponsorship letter also stated same thing. But now, I am thinking of spelling it out when i send an email to IRCC.

3. I had scholarship from the school before, but after my admission was deferred I did not get such privilege again. Hence the need to get an additional sponsor to cover the lapse. So I am looking at 2 or 3 person, comprising of my original sponsor and co-sponsor and 1 additional person to replace the scholarship.

Thanks again... your points have been duly noted and being taken into consideration.
Please check your PM. Thanks.

sillysassysally:
Hi Dear,

Tbh I cannot really say much on this as i am clearly not a guru. Nevertheless, if I were a VO, I would seriously doubt the availability of your declared funds if you are seen to be using different sponsors within a short period. What i would advise is this;

1. Find a way to show commitment from the sponsor that you would be using. One way you can do this is to get them to transfer your living expenses to your account (even if you'll transfer it back once you've gotten your visa)... You can also get them to pay part of your tuition.

2. To be safe, I'd advise that the said sponsor has at least 2x of the amount they've declared to use to sponsor you. That way, it shows that they are not "starving" to sponsor you

3. I would not advise you to use multiple sponsors. It is always better to be as conservative as possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129