Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (864417 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abelorode: 4:09pm On May 13, 2019
Kez911:

You can submit others but the IELTS isn't necessary unless your school requires it....but not needed though. I will also add, b4 u finally submit...list out all the docs u are applying with so u won't be scared or confused...

Congrats man! One step closer!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kanzjude: 4:16pm On May 13, 2019
Thanks once again. Kindly note that only my WAEC was used in getting admission to do the course and the course is one year. Thats why I asked if I should submit other certs. You said I should include them and I will but just giving you the full details. Thanks and only God can reward you this selfless service.
Kez911:

You can submit others but the IELTS isn't necessary unless your school requires it....but not needed though. I will also add, b4 u finally submit...list out all the docs u are applying with so u won't be scared or confused...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wasiubello: 4:17pm On May 13, 2019
Below is the information I'm getting when trying to link a paper route application. Someone should help
Based on the information you entered, we found no applications.

What do I do next?

You may have made a mistake entering your information. Go back and try to enter it again. You can only try to link an application five times in 24 hours.

If you still have trouble, contact us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 4:22pm On May 13, 2019
My dear as in eh
Me I saw it and just waka passed.

You tried to much to even try to give points of corrections.

Bracha:
I know my next words would be misconstrued, but I don't care.

You “need vital information” so we're supposed to just roll over and bend over backwards to provide them for you. Not a “please” or a “kindly” in all that sentence. Your post smacks or utter arrogance. But then we will give you what you want because we're here to fulfill your “utmost desire”, I mean what else are we here for? undecided

No WhatsApp group was created, at least none I'm aware of. As Kez911 and Makano will always advise, start from Part 14 of this thread and read through till the end.

Also, use Google. You're a first class student, you should know that Google is your friend.

Side note: no one is being paid here, even just.wise is doing it from the goodness of his heart. So please don't expect people to hand you things on a platter, do your research extensivelyz and when you're done, ask questions. Let's drop this entitlement mentality we have - me inclusive. This applies to nairaland and in life in general.

PS: teegreat08 before you change what you wrote to maybe claim something else, I have a screenshot of the original post. Stay humble honey kiss kiss

Now y'all can come for me, I'm ready. *flexes fat muscles* grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 4:36pm On May 13, 2019
Thanks, I will have to send it ASAP. I will have to do this via UPS/DHL as I am presently in Miami , and will be very expensive if I have to fly back to Nigeria. And I am presently routing off my last paper in college (Community college) Spring semester.

Qudkom:

Congratulations. There is a difference between visitors visa and student visa. So you need the counterfoil for the later. Also to avoid confusion at the Point of entry. The student counterfoil will distinguish your reason for travelling. Once again congratulations 8months is a long time!!!!

Your patience is remarkable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 4:40pm On May 13, 2019
I went for the Medical in Miami, was very expensive doing it in US -- $600

The Medical was done April 26th.

guzenaira:

Congrats!!

Visitors visa is different from Student visa.

But how did you later go about your Medicals? I remember your case vividly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2019
Omonoba1981:

Thanks, I will have to send it ASAP. I will have to do this via UPS/DHL as I am presently in Miami , and will be very expensive if I have to fly back to Nigeria. And I am presently routing off my last paper in college (Community college) Spring semester.

Yeah sure, you can do that. You can alao pay for a return courier service to whichever address you want.
To use a 3rd party courier service you need:
1. A concent letter
2. Courier payment(VFS to embassy) if you aren't sending your passport to the vfs centre you did your biometrics.
3. Return courier package to get your passport back.

All the best, and congratulations again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 5:07pm On May 13, 2019
Thanks. I will leave it. It is more expensive and its a community college. It cost me like $5000 + for one semester 13 credit unit.

I plan to do change of DLI from my Bleep Poly to Bleep college ontario which will cost me like 4000-5000 CAD one semester which is more cheaper.

In US its very had to work during school even in summer, I am applying to work but was told I have to register 1 credit to work during summer and mostly have to be within Campus. In Canada, my elder sister was able to do 20Hrs during school and unlimited hours during summer.

And my intended course is a Co-Op based and really like the option of CO-op. My sister during her studies in Sask Poly , she did her co-op in a construction company 8month when she made cool money as she was paid like $23/hr and more for out of station and overtime. Now after studies in December. Her supervisor called her to come work with them during the summer. And she told her boss that she has a kid sister that is coming for studies in Fall, if she can get a summer work for her. And the Supervisor is okay , only if I have a driving license.

But I am a bit afraid even if I am able to the visa, if they will allow me come at the POE during the summer.

I will leave, and plan to check with the school in Canada, if I can transfer my courses. I am planing to take new program similar to what I have now in Miami.

Bracha:
For student TRV, in the section where Vusitor is written, student is written there instead. Some codes are also different in the student TRV.

My main interest is, what you will do about your US school? Will you leave it for Canada or complete it?

Congratulations on your visa. Thank God He came through for you in the end.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Promise147: 5:09pm On May 13, 2019
Kez911:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!!! CHAI!!!!!! 8 freaking months of waiting.... Finally I can breath well...Wat a wait!!!
congratulations bro��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by NuelNuelTT(m): 5:13pm On May 13, 2019
sillysassysally:
1. Whether your application is a new one or a re-application
2. Your school resuption date
3. date you did your biometrics

This information is to help populate our timeline. Thanks.

1. Reapplication
2. Sept 4th, 2019
3. April 15th, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 5:16pm On May 13, 2019
Omonoba1981:
I finally got request for my passport after 8months. But , not sure why they have requested. I though have a valid TRV (visitor visa) they would need to request for my passport.
Wow!!! Congratulations, 8 months is not 8 weeks man, your patience is rewarded finally.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 5:19pm On May 13, 2019
Kez911:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!!! CHAI!!!!!! 8 freaking months of waiting.... Finally I can breath well...Wat a wait!!!
Congratulation!!! Finally the reward for your waiting is here, am really happy for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 5p1naz(m): 5:41pm On May 13, 2019
benque:
Hi guys, this is my first post and I'm glad to be here. There's this sense of hope you get when going thru this thread and I know I'll give my good news here too.

I got conditional offer to university of Windsor and I'm just trying to gather myself in the right way to apply for the SP. I'm still going thru the thread from beginning but please can someone address these specific issues for me.

1) I got transferred to Ghana in march, my company didn't provide us with proper work permits since it's just Ghana. Will this be an issue?
1)(a) Will I need to get a police extract from here too?

2) My uncle is going to be my sponsor, what documents can we tender to link us as uncle and nephew.
2)(a) What other documents does he need to show apart from SOA

God bless you as you answer.

You will need to get a resident permit and a work permit from the Ghanian immigration or you might be denied by the Canadian immigration based on status in the country of residence.

The police certificate is optional and not compulsory for a student visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Desmondola2020: 5:43pm On May 13, 2019
Just from my observation.
Is it safe to conclude that if you don’t get a refusal mail same day or next day after receiving a biometric validly correspondence mail, your chances of medical request being next is high ?

For those of you that got biometrics validity correspondence mail before medical request, kindly let us know the duration between the two mails. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 5:50pm On May 13, 2019
Big congrats Kez911 and Omonoba1981
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 6:02pm On May 13, 2019
Ha! See me this small girl *blushes*. Thank you for liking me, I'm honoured ma *curtsies*

I'm nothing but a pencil in the hands of the creator... *withdraws in Zen-like mode*

Oluwaseunbd:
@Bracha,I wish I could meet u in person...I too like u biko smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 6:03pm On May 13, 2019
I wanted to waka pass like I do a lot of posts like that, but the thing just kept pulling me back. Smh for me.

chibertha:
My dear as in eh
Me I saw it and just waka passed.

You tried to much to even try to give points of corrections.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 6:05pm On May 13, 2019
Mudicua nne, I don't have an answer to your question o. But like Sally, I also feel you should leave it until they ask for another SOA. Hopefully someone else can give a more useful answer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 6:10pm On May 13, 2019
I could be wrong, but I think someone here went in the Summer for a Fall resumption. The only issue I have with this is, I don't know if it'd affect you when applying for PR.

I got mine last year, but when my supervisor advised I come this year, I accepted because I didn't want any issues to crop up later. I don't want to go in the Summer because I don't want to be tempted to work, before my session resumes and I enroll

I'll advise you seek advise from those there already, Naijaforeigner could help too.

Omonoba1981:
Thanks. I will leave it. It is more expensive and its a community college. It cost me like $5000 + for one semester 13 credit unit.

I plan to do change of DLI from my Bleep Poly to Bleep college ontario which will cost me like 4000-5000 CAD one semester which is more cheaper.

In US its very had to work during school even in summer, I am applying to work but was told I have to register 1 credit to work during summer and mostly have to be within Campus. In Canada, my elder sister was able to do 20Hrs during school and unlimited hours during summer.

And my intended course is a Co-Op based and really like the option of CO-op. My sister during her studies in Sask Poly , she did her co-op in a construction company 8month when she made cool money as she was paid like $23/hr and more for out of station and overtime. Now after studies in December. Her supervisor called her to come work with them during the summer. And she told her boss that she has a kid sister that is coming for studies in Fall, if she can get a summer work for her. And the Supervisor is okay , only if I have a driving license.

But I am a bit afraid even if I am able to the visa, if they will allow me come at the POE during the summer.

I will leave, and plan to check with the school in Canada, if I can transfer my courses. I am planing to take new program similar to what I have now in Miami.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Y2Kbaba: 6:19pm On May 13, 2019
Good evening everyone.
Pls I am planning submitting my application via paper route this week.
1. Which of my documents do I notorise?
2. How do I go about the IMM forms. I can downland from my PC now but do I fill before downland and print or just print blanck form then fill with pen?
3. I often see guys complaining about the challenges of linking up paper app. Is there any way out to really avoid such challenges in case it occur or rather prevent it?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 6:38pm On May 13, 2019
Visa Application Tracking id No.******* “Your processed passport is ready for collection on 13/05 at the Canada visa application centre. Lagos.”

What does it mean guys? shocked

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 6:44pm On May 13, 2019
¨
Thanks Bracha !

Bracha:
I could be wrong, but I think someone here went in the Summer for a Fall resumption. The only issue I have with this is, I don't know if it'd affect you when applying for PR.

I got mine last year, but when my supervisor advised I come this year, I accepted because I didn't want any issues to crop up later. I don't want to go in the Summer because I don't want to be tempted to work, before my session resumes and I enroll

I'll advise you seek advise from those there already, Naijaforeigner could help too.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:48pm On May 13, 2019
Omonoba1981:

I don't think you have to courier your passport to Nigeria.
Write a letter explaining everything to them and sign, then include your biometrics slip that has tracking number, ppr correspondence letter, biometric receipt and passport to VFS global Miami

PS: This process may take up to 1 month to get your stamped passport.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 6:54pm On May 13, 2019
����
Bracha:
I know my next words would be misconstrued, but I don't care.

You “need vital information” so we're supposed to just roll over and bend over backwards to provide them for you. Not a “please” or a “kindly” in all that sentence. Your post smacks or utter arrogance. But then we will give you what you want because we're here to fulfill your “utmost desire”, I mean what else are we here for? undecided

No WhatsApp group was created, at least none I'm aware of. As Kez911 and Makano will always advise, start from Part 14 of this thread and read through till the end.

Also, use Google. You're a first class student, you should know that Google is your friend.

Side note: no one is being paid here, even just.wise is doing it from the goodness of his heart. So please don't expect people to hand you things on a platter, do your research extensivelyz and when you're done, ask questions. Let's drop this entitlement mentality we have - me inclusive. This applies to nairaland and in life in general.

PS: teegreat08 before you change what you wrote to maybe claim something else, I have a screenshot of the original post. Stay humble honey kiss kiss

Now y'all can come for me, I'm ready. *flexes fat muscles* grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 7:02pm On May 13, 2019
Kez911:

Did you do or have you done either upfront medicals or you got a medical request...if u didn't do any of the two, den am sorry it's a denial

smiley wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SetZ(m): 7:03pm On May 13, 2019
Hi
Have been following this thread for some while have been blessed and I truly appreciate everyone contributing home and abroad I pray we all get our heart desire

Please I have a very sensitive question and please would be glad if I could get clarification

I know of a fact that your study permit or student visa allows you to being your wife along now this my questions

Am I to alloy for her separately or a single application from my end covers for both of us

Secondly if a single application covers both of us would her passport, medicals and biometric be asked of too

Thirdly if am to apply separately how am I to go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tinuolaflo: 7:05pm On May 13, 2019
dear all please i need someone in university of manitoba that can put me through, i just got admitted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.