Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865725 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:59am On May 17, 2019
Chibertha sorry to hear about your refusal. Just take a few days to soak it all in and rest, then rise again and re-fire.
By God's grace it'll work out this time around.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fadayomib(m): 10:03am On May 17, 2019
hello bro, pls kindly advice me on this issue, I got admission to a year diploma course to study in NSCC since February 5 and the school will be resuming by September 3 and I just got all my documents ready now, so can I go for the submission or I should defer the admission to February intake and wait patiently or I should go the the submission and I will like to be 24years old by next month...... please kindly advice me on this earth THANK U SO MUCH.
Qudkom:

Congratulations. There is a difference between visitors visa and student visa. So you need the counterfoil for the later. Also to avoid confusion at the Point of entry. The student counterfoil will distinguish your reason for travelling. Once again congratulations 8months is a long time!!!!

Your patience is remarkable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fadayomib(m): 10:03am On May 17, 2019
hello house , pls kindly advice me on this issue, I got admission to a year diploma course to study in NSCC since February 5 and the school will be resuming by September 3 and I just got all my documents ready now, so can I go for the submission or I should defer the admission to February intake and wait patiently or I should go the the submission and I will like to be 24years old by next month...... please kindly advice me on this earth THANK U SO MUCH.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bennyg24(m): 10:05am On May 17, 2019
Hello house, please someone should help with the Canadian embassy address that should be on sponsorship letter and my letter of explanation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:05am On May 17, 2019
Where did you get this please?

abusmanlouis:

There are lots of points on the basis of which the Canadian Embassy decides whether to grant visas or not. Where some major or key points are;

Your Academics Should be fulfilled the Basic requirement of the country, college and course admission you have applied for. You should have enough marks in your last academics with relevant subjects.
IELTS is also an important factor in visa approval and rejection. So you have to fulfill the IELTS requirements as per the program you are going to apply.
In Canada, approximately 1 to 1.5 year gap is acceptable after your last qualification. Apart from it, if you have gap more than the given time relaxation you need to provide a genuine gap activity of that period. Without any activity if you have gaps, you can face visa rejection.
You should have sufficient amount to pay your Fee and for Your living in Canada During your period of Study there.
Your intention to go there to study should be clear, not to settle there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:06am On May 17, 2019
Thank you for telling us it's your personal belief and not facts.

abusmanlouis:
I believe there are numbers of people that the high commission need to grant study permit to every month, when the qualify numbers are completed/meant at the time of VO checking your documents, every little mistake in ur application is straight refusal. Pray like you have never prayed before.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:17am On May 17, 2019
It's not a school familiar to most people here that's why you haven't received any answers. I'll suggest that if you can, you should change the school to another one.

holluville:
hello house... thanks to everyone contributing one or two things here... kudos. I'll like to know if anyone has any information on admission requirements or anything about the University College of the North Manitoba... thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:20am On May 17, 2019
I think it has to do with his own family member, so he can't share it here.

MsJu:
Hello Viber, thank you for the support you give here. I think it's better you share the info here so that future applicants can also benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bennyg24(m): 10:25am On May 17, 2019
dipsy94:
Hi guys,

Good morning.

Please I have a couple of questions.

I am currently living in Canada as a PR and I intend to apply for a post graduate program for my brother. He graduated with Second Class, Lower Division (CGPA of 2.8 ) from Mechanical Engineering, but his last 2 years CGPA was 3.6 (I heard it matters).

1. Please guys I intend to apply for MEng or Graduate certificate program for him. Which one is he likely to be accepted in considering his CGPA.

2. Also, all things being equal, do people going for graduate certificate program usually get visa approval?

3. Please if you could also give me suggestions on schools that are less competitive, that he will likely be accepted into without too much hassle, I would be overjoyed.

I am glad to answer any question in regards to Express Entry.

Thank you so very much.
1. Most likely graduate certificate
3. Most schools in Canada are competitive with the increase in international applicants, but you can check Memorial university of Newfoundland, university of Windsor, British Columbia Institute of technology (BCIT). check their admission requirements very well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chisongozi: 10:35am On May 17, 2019
We are in the same situation. Pls pm me.

ohis30:
I need to be adviced. I am indeed very new here. What are my chances? I intend submitting a paper application on May 28th.
I am a lecturer with a federal university;
I am married with a daughter, but intend going alone;
I gained a funded PhD program in McGill;
have a support document from Quebec (CAQ);
going for upfront medicals May 27th; and
my account balance is N1.5M.

Please respond with accounts or documents I need to add...
Thanks

I NEED HELP, MY FIRST TIME
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 11:08am On May 17, 2019
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada
4Anifowoshe Street Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria.
bennyg24:
Hello house, please someone should help with the Canadian embassy address that should be on sponsorship letter and my letter of explanation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dipsy94: 11:15am On May 17, 2019
bennyg24:

1. Most likely graduate certificate
3. Most schools in Canada are competitive with the increase in international applicants, but you can check Memorial university of Newfoundland, university of Windsor, British Columbia Institute of technology (BCIT). check their admission requirements very well.

Thank you. Most relevant engineering courses I saw in these universities are advanced diploma. I don’t know if it’s different from diploma (the one that visa officers hardly approve visa for) �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dipsy94: 11:18am On May 17, 2019
Tlontin:

Good morning from Nigeria.
You don’t have to stress yourself for a grown man, simply tell him to join this thread and read from the beginning. I’m certain that if he is serious about it, he will answer all your questions with ease. I wish him all the best.

Thank you. I’ll ask him to read the thread. Since fees will be on me I’m just doing my part to ensure he gets into a relatively cheap school too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dipsy94: 11:24am On May 17, 2019
Timothyphillips:

...greetings
To answer your questions:
1- what scale for CGPA(i am guessing 3.6/5.0).
For Admission it actually depends on the School and Course. Some Schools accept 70% into a masters program for last two sessions of Bsc(that would be 3.5/5.0.....but some require higher line 80% or 85%)...
So browsing the Schools requirements is key.
If it doesn't look good then he should take the Graduate Certificate path.

2- Yes they do get Visa Approvals

3- You might wanna look into Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) and Humber College...

Kindly look out for the Gurus input on these.
Cheers!

Thank you very much. MUN has MENG and graduate diploma. I don’t know if I should go ahead with graduate diploma application since it’s a graduate program. I don’t need know if it belongs to the category of diplomas that VO don’t give approval for.

I’ll check Humber college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alexkrueger: 11:36am On May 17, 2019
Tlontin:

Order for gcms note and know what exactly is the vo concern. It’s better than guessing you know but I can tell you are not ready to wait for a month for the note so try to list the documents you submitted for the application including your proposed course, your qualification and discipline so that gurus can advice.

Damn right, I’m not waiting for a month

Got admitted to university of Winnipeg
I’m just 20, so I’m going for bachelors degree in geography.
I wrote to the vo on my last sop that I had good result in geography in Waec( I included the result)
I believe everything is write with my application except the proof of funds

I had 5m in my account for my first year tuition fee which my sponsor transferred to me( tuition fee for a year 17,000cad ), submitted just my statement of acc

And my sponsor had to 6-7m with good inflow in his account for my living expenses, I submitted just his statement of account and reference letter from his bank.

What are the other documents to collect from my sponsor that I missed

Denial reason

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wealthmiq: 11:48am On May 17, 2019
Please How are you guys filling the cic forms? I don download adobe acrobat DC tire. Once i open the document it shows " This document enabled extended features of in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. please contact the author for the original version of this document". When i click okay and the document opens with red boarders on the forms filled I can't fill it. when i click fill & sign or edit text it takes me to a page to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC which is a paid version and says it's not available in my country(Nigeria)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 11:55am On May 17, 2019
Alexkrueger:

I wrote to the vo on my last sop that I had good result in geography in Waec( I included the result)

I had 5m in my account for my first year tuition fee which my sponsor transferred to me( tuition fee for a year 17,000cad ), submitted just my statement of acc

And my sponsor had to 6-7m with good inflow in his account for my living expenses, I submitted just his statement of account and reference letter from his bank.

Denial reason

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Letter of sponsorship from him
Affidavit of sponsorship.
His cac certificate if he has one.
Your parents land and properties document.
Siblings date of birth.

Who is your sponsor? You might need to explain better to the vo why he is sponsoring you and what he stands to gain if he is not your dad.
Await other people response.
Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 11:55am On May 17, 2019
I think finance is your only problem. Let your sponsor write a sponsorship letter stating that he has already transferred your school fees to you, maybe a breakdown of how he intennds supporting.
Alexkrueger:

Denial reason

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:01pm On May 17, 2019
obainojazz:
Someone filled the study permit application and Application for temporary residence... Is it an issue?

Not at all. The application for a temporary residence is optional for a study permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iny7531: 12:10pm On May 17, 2019
good day my e...fam where can i find my application number,i submitted paper application
makano:
U must be a funny human being tho, the post directly before this ur post is actually an answer to ur question... Dont let me say more than this, just do the needful.. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cryptik(m): 12:14pm On May 17, 2019
Hw do I order for my GCMS notes....and how many days...I need to get that Asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dan1936: 12:21pm On May 17, 2019
Anyone resuming at royal roads university this September?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nochyks87: 12:28pm On May 17, 2019
wealthmiq:
Please How are you guys filling the cic forms? I don download adobe acrobat DC tire. Once i open the document it shows " This document enabled extended features of in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. please contact the author for the original version of this document". When i click okay and the document opens with red boarders on the forms filled I can't fill it. when i click fill & sign or edit text it takes me to a page to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC which is a paid version and says it's not available in my country(Nigeria)

Download Acrobat Reader DC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:48pm On May 17, 2019
Alexkrueger:

Tuition fee is 17000 cad, it was transferred to my from my sponsor for my first year Tuition fee,
I’m just 20
My sponsor just has 3 little kids, highest age is 5. and yes it’s running didn’t just reflect

But, true that I have to work on my fund

Probably get half of my tuition fee paid

1. How was the said transferred of 17k addressed in both your SOP and his LOS

2. How did he prove his source of funds

3. Is your LE of 10k part of his closing balance of 7m because its obviously not part of the transferred 17k. If No, when you minus 10k of an equivalent of 3m from 7m equals 4m as total balance.

What's now left to cater for his young family and other necessities amongst other things?

4. What's the duration of your program and what provision was made for the subsequent year(s) if your program is for more than two years?

5. etc

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wealthmiq: 12:54pm On May 17, 2019
nochyks87:

Download Acrobat Reader DC
That's what I downloaded. it's not working
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:55pm On May 17, 2019
Tlontin:
paying tuition doesn't guarantee visa. Some people have gotten visa without paying the school a dime. I will advice you Work on your application entirely

He's using a third party sponsor(uncle). In as much few people using a third party sponsor might have gotten approval in the erstwhile, I personally strongly advise applicants using a third party sponsor to pay at least their 1st semester tuition fees or have it transferred into their personal account likewise their LE, which should be addressed in their SOP.

In the case of parental sponsorship, the need of tuition payment before application might be optional.

Beside, circumstances differ.

Bless up!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 12:57pm On May 17, 2019
JustMellow:

He's using a third party sponsor(uncle). In as much few people using a third party sponsor might have gotten approval in the erstwhile, I personally strongly advise applicants using a third party sponsor to pay at least their 1st semester tuition fees or have it transferred into their personal account likewise their LE, which should be addressed in their SOP.

In the case of parental sponsorship, the need of tuition payment before application might be optional.

Beside, circumstances differ.

Bless up!

Noted!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:04pm On May 17, 2019
mslug:
Hi
Can i use bank certificate showing my current balance instead of statement with transactions?
I do have education loan to cover funds and wondering if just bank certificate is enough.

If this choice/case is similar to two plates of rice to choose from, I will definitely go for the bank statement. The certificate won't reflect your transaction histories which is quite important.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:10pm On May 17, 2019
dipsy94:
Hi guys,

Good morning.

Please I have a couple of questions.

I am currently living in Canada as a PR and I intend to apply for a post graduate program for my brother. He graduated with Second Class, Lower Division (CGPA of 2.8 ) from Mechanical Engineering, but his last 2 years CGPA was 3.6 (I heard it matters).

1. Please guys I intend to apply for MEng or Graduate certificate program for him. Which one is he likely to be accepted in considering his CGPA.

2. Also, all things being equal, do people going for graduate certificate program usually get visa approval?

3. Please if you could also give me suggestions on schools that are less competitive, that he will likely be accepted into without too much hassle, I would be overjoyed.

I am glad to answer any question in regards to Express Entry.

Thank you so very much.

In brief:

1. He better chances is to apply for a PGC/D

2. Yes, in fact alot

3. Memorial university has friendly programs for lower cgpa prospect students

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:25pm On May 17, 2019
ohis30:
I need to be adviced. I am indeed very new here. What are my chances? I intend submitting a paper application on May 28th.
I am a lecturer with a federal university;
I am married with a daughter, but intend going alone;
I gained a funded PhD program in McGill;
have a support document from Quebec (CAQ);
going for upfront medicals May 27th; and
my account balance is N1.5M.

Please respond with accounts or documents I need to add...
Thanks

I NEED HELP, MY FIRST TIME

At the bolded, if that's the closing balance to prove to the VO of a sufficient funds, which funds would your family rely on for their wellbeing/welfare in your absence? It needs to be improved or get a sponsor even if fully funded

What are the provisions made in your absence to sustain your family especially your daughter; have you paid for her school fees at least a year, have you paid for rent at least a year if you don't have your personal house? have/did you set up an account with funds saved in it as backup to meet their emergency needs?

What is the employment situation of your spouse and how can she support the family in your absence?

Apart from been a lecturer, do you have a side business?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sayo98(f): 1:39pm On May 17, 2019
Good evening all. I was given admission by Saint Mary's University for a Masters in Techology, Entrepreneurship and innovation. Please i intend applying for a study permit by June. However, my sponsor is an uncle who is going to use his company's account but we're looking at him transferring the entire school fees of 37050 CAD and living expenses 0f 10000 CAD to my account which is going to 15million naira. If this is done, his company bank balance will obviously reduce though it has a good record of inflows and outflows. Please will this be acceptable?
Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.