Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (869201 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greyworld: 1:01pm On May 16, 2019
Micmay1:
Visiting and Study Visa is categorized under TRV
okay. tnks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greyworld: 1:02pm On May 16, 2019
Bracha:
It's a visiting visa. If it were a study permit, it'd have been plainly written. You'll see “Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada” instead of a visiting visa.

Pele, take heart and retry on your own.

wasn't mine tho. tnks bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greyworld: 1:04pm On May 16, 2019
Kez911:

This my friend is a visitor visa, boss this I repeat is a visitor visa which is also in the category of a temporary visa. Read the 1st sentence, Thank you for your interest in visiting canada. But a study visa denial starts with Thank you for your interest in studying in canada. If you paid the agent for a study visa and this is Wat he did, pls kindly go along with the police...lock him up for the duration of how long u waited, how long he ate your money and how long he fooled you... my 2kobo
tnks boss. well It aint mine and im sure posterity wud judge d agent guy. yu re funny tho.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 16, 2019
abusmanlouis:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Sincerely,

IRCC Nairobi

High Commission of Canada to Kenya

My friend just got denied of study permit after 5 days.
How can we address this issue pls in reapplication?
I got same thing after 2 weeks of applying. Online route. The only difference they didnt state denial cos of employment situation. Really frustrating
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chisongozi: 1:18pm On May 16, 2019
is this suppose to be a second refusal?

chibertha:
Good day all
Applied on 22 March
With upfront medicals
Biometrics update 2 may
Refusal advice 16th may

I have ordered for GCMS notes.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 16, 2019
Greyworld:
pls can sm1 tell me what visa was applied for from this response. pls its very urgent.
justmellow , makano tnks
The was exactly like mine for a STUDY visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by slushy: 1:48pm On May 16, 2019
Guys. Sorry for the plenty questions. When applying for my bachelors visa. Must I upload a police report?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GucciOluwa: 2:04pm On May 16, 2019
Good afternoon house.
I have spent the last few days reading through the thread and I have a few questions...
1) I got admitted into two schools but settled for the university of Saskatchewan. Because of my previous two denials for the US F1 visa, I decided to use a representative but now, I feel like it may be a mistake.
2). I’m on a scholarship from an international company that gives scholarships to indigenes of the NDDC. I however printed my statement of account and my wife’s as supporting funds. Does my wife need to write a letter of support?
3) Can someone pleaseeeeee help me review my SOP.
Thanks everyone.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 2:05pm On May 16, 2019
Good day house. How can one withdraw a paper route application ?

App duration : Exactly a week ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 2:20pm On May 16, 2019
So sorry abt this dear...dnt give up
chibertha:
Good day all
Applied on 22 March
With upfront medicals
Biometrics update 2 may
Refusal advice 16th may

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 2:27pm On May 16, 2019
How do one withdraw an application of a week old ?
Oluwaseunbd:
So sorry abt this dear...dnt give up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mijac: 2:28pm On May 16, 2019
Thank you . It's ok now.
JustMellow:

Then either your information like your date of birth or related, or there is a blank space that requires not to be left blank, or other relevant information are been omitted. If it shows asterisk on any field, then address the concerns.

If you using Acrobat DC for the action on a Mac, the new version of acrobat might not work unless you download a lower/old version.

This link might be helpful

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/use-application-form.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jola17: 2:45pm On May 16, 2019
Why do you intend to withdraw since it's just a week old?
Asapant:
Good day house. How can one withdraw a paper route application ?

App duration : Exactly a week ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 2:46pm On May 16, 2019
There are some errors. Do I just go to VFS in Lagos and withdraw it or what is the process ?
Jola17:
Why do you intend to withdraw since it's just a week old?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deane: 2:51pm On May 16, 2019
Hello guys, so I submitted my application last week.

Application submitted - 6 May 2019
First time application
Online route
Biometrics request - 7 May 2019
Biometrics done - 8 May 2019
Current status - background check

Good luck to us all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:03pm On May 16, 2019
slushy:
Guys. Sorry for the plenty questions. When applying for my bachelors visa. Must I upload a police report?

If you mean travel* visa then yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 3:05pm On May 16, 2019
Gurus in the house. Pls Can I withdraw my paper route application at VFS in Lagos. It's just a week old.

I need advice. Please. My Dad is complicating issues on my visa app.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:05pm On May 16, 2019
To every prospective applicant try listing out what you intend to submit so you can get help and advise before submitting. That way you get a final verification before submitting your documents. It's not possible to get a 100% verification about the success of your application but at least little mistakes and loopholes can be rectified.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by slushy: 3:06pm On May 16, 2019
Thank you. Yes. Travel visa. I’m going for undergrad (temporary permit). I assume I will upload the pilolice report under client information right

Qudkom:

If you mean travel* visa then yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:07pm On May 16, 2019
slushy:
Thank you. Yes. Travel visa. I’m going for undergrad (temporary permit). I assume I will upload the pilolice report under client information right

Yes you will. Try and list out what you intend submitting for guidance and loopholes. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by slushy: 3:10pm On May 16, 2019
Boss. Please see the documents I want to submit. I am going for my bachelors degree and doing an online application.
1. The 3 forms downloaded from the CIC site
2. The letter of acceptance
3. My international passport
4. proof of financial support:
5. Digital photo
6. My CV
7. Statement of purpose
8. Police report

Please let me know if this is sufficient.
Qudkom:
To every prospective applicant try listing out what you intend to submit so you can get help and advise before submitting. That way you get a final verification before submitting your documents. It's not possible to get a 100% verification about the success of your application but at least little mistakes and loopholes can be rectified.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 3:10pm On May 16, 2019
Qudkom. Is it possible I withdraw my application of a week old ?
Qudkom:

Yes you will. Try and list out what you intend submitting for guidance and loopholes. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 3:13pm On May 16, 2019
So sorry for that. I pray you scale through in your next application.
chibertha:
Good day all
Applied on 22 March
With upfront medicals
Biometrics update 2 may
Refusal advice 16th may

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:20pm On May 16, 2019
chibertha:
Good day all
Applied on 22 March
With upfront medicals
Biometrics update 2 may
Refusal advice 16th may

So sorry to hear about the delay. Failure might be distasteful but there is so much knowledge attached to it. I pray you utilize the knowledge in your next application.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abusmanlouis: 3:25pm On May 16, 2019
There are lots of points on the basis of which the Canadian Embassy decides whether to grant visas or not. Where some major or key points are;

Your Academics Should be fulfilled the Basic requirement of the country, college and course admission you have applied for. You should have enough marks in your last academics with relevant subjects.
IELTS is also an important factor in visa approval and rejection. So you have to fulfill the IELTS requirements as per the program you are going to apply.
In Canada, approximately 1 to 1.5 year gap is acceptable after your last qualification. Apart from it, if you have gap more than the given time relaxation you need to provide a genuine gap activity of that period. Without any activity if you have gaps, you can face visa rejection.
You should have sufficient amount to pay your Fee and for Your living in Canada During your period of Study there.
Your intention to go there to study should be clear, not to settle there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Princeola36: 3:32pm On May 16, 2019
please gurus in the house kindly advise,
I was refused a work permit in october because i do not have an LMIA number which i do not have knowledge of at that time, now i have been offered an admission for a graduate program at a university in Albert resuming fall 2019 and need to apply for a study permit. kindly advice on my eligibility, how i am to write my letter of explanation and any other information/suggestions that could help with my application. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 3:44pm On May 16, 2019
Phatkings:
I intend applying mail my aim was a masters degree but seeing that's not forth coming I am going for a post graduate certificate but I want a course that will be lucrative over there not just w waste of money
The information business analysis is a good course but its a one year program and I am also considering work permit

Information Business analysis or Business analysis is a good program, also check for logistics and supply chain management. These courses come as 1 year (PGC) or 2 years PGD (some even include opportunity to work full time and get paid really well). I know Fanshawe college has both programs for PGC and PGD. I think Seneca and Connestoga as well. Downside of any college in Ontario is that they are expensive.

I strongly recommend 2 years Business logistics and supply chain management (with a Co-op option).
(1) The program has lots of job opportunities, at least I know of Ontario for sure.
(2) You get paid for related work experience up to 8 months.
(3) You work full time (UP TO 40 hours a week) during the paid work and you get paid well.
(4) Minimum wage in Ontario is about 14CAD but Co-op students can get paid between 20CAD - 25CAD.

Above all, having 8 months Canadian experience on your CV alongside Canadian education is superb. When you arrive Canada, you will realise that getting Canadian work experience and a college degree could be more important than getting Masters degree for some jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 3:45pm On May 16, 2019
lassky:
Boss, I am in London too. We fit don jam for mall or restaurant make we no know grin

That's nice to hear. Baba I greet, sent you a PM. Make we relate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by juddytee: 4:08pm On May 16, 2019
Qudkom:

Please what document can I request from my employer (company) to include in my application.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 4:23pm On May 16, 2019
juddytee:

Please what document can I request from my employer (company) to include in my application.

Thank you
Letter of introduction
Request letter for study leave and the approval letter might help too.
I.D card.
But make sure you keep your application simple so the vo wouldn’t be confused.
Wish you all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AyoPrudence(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2019
Nonso16:
Hello House, this tutorial is meant for ONLINE APPLICANTS ONLY
If you experiencing some form of Delay because of the documents you want to upload is larger than the maximum file size given to us by CIC, well, this worked for me and I am sure it will work for you, Notwithstanding if you have a better Method of doing this please Kindly Share. No knowledge is wasted HERE.

So, first of all, we know there are uploading sections for some documents already.
Example
1. Letter of acceptance (FROM YOUR SCHOOL)
2. International Passport
3. Digital photo
4. Medical

All the above listed has a particular uploading area, Read well so you don't make mistakes.
I also want to believe that even if you scan any of the above documents it won't exceed 4mb.

Now for the financial Support section, If you are confused about which document should be in this section then you have to go back on some Pages where Qudkom made a detailed post about this.

Now let us get started.

You are advised to Merge EVERY DOCUMENT relating to the finance aspect of your application together, Now If you want to do that, goto Sejda dot com, and Merge those files and download them back on Your System.

Now here comes the Trick to Compressing our document, go to google and download PrimoPDF, Install and close it.

Open your downloaded finance document, Hold "Ctrl + P" like you want to print, It will take you to another interface where you will be able to select your printing options, Now Select Printer and you will see a drop-down menu, Now Select PrimoPDF and Click on Print.

Wait for the progress bar to be done, Mind you it's not printing but trying to interface with the PrimoPDF software, When that's done, the PrimoPDF software will Popup and You will click on CREATE PDF, it will ask you to save it. FINISH

That's the magic ...

NOTE: The picture Quality might reduce a little.

@Qudkom @sillysassysally @Bracha @Viper and also to all the gurus out there YOU ARE THE REAL MVP.
God Bless you

This will be helpful. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.