Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (867009 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2019
slushy:
Boss. Please see the documents I want to submit. I am going for my bachelors degree and doing an online application.
1. The 3 forms downloaded from the CIC site
2. The letter of acceptance
3. My international passport
4. For proof of financial support: my sister is my sponsor. I’m including her bank statement, certificates for other liquid investments that she has. A sponsorship letter from her. An introduction letter for her from her employer. A deed for her landed property in Lagos. A deed for a land in my name in Lagos.
5. Digital photo
6. My CV
7. Statement of purpose plus a letter from a place where I interned related to what I want to study in school
8. Police report.

Please let me know if this is sufficient.

Well it looks good on paper, however sufficient proof hasn't been established concerning your sisters financial support of a otherwise expensive program in Canada. Did she pay your tuition? Proof she supported you in the past?

I will suggest getting a co sponsor. The vo might be concerned about her absorbing all the cost especially with the fact she's got her own dependents

If she can transfer living expenses et all then that might be helpful.

Also you haven't shown sufficient proof that you will return. I dont see any proof of employment or running a business. That's a huge REDFLAG!!!. Please dont tell me your internship letter covers that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2019
Asapant:
Qudkom. Is it possible I withdraw my application of a week old ?

I am not certain. Maybe you should try explaining the error via webform or contact vfs and ask if you can withdraw. Paper application was probably sent to ghana or Kenya.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:34pm On May 16, 2019
juddytee:

Please what document can I request from my employer (company) to include in my application.

Thank you
1. Letter of employment
2. Letter of Introduction*
3. Pay slips
4. Leave letter

Ps: You need a strong reason to prove to the vo that you'll be coming back after your studies bearing the cost spent to aquire an education in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by slushy: 4:46pm On May 16, 2019
Qudkom:

Well it looks good on paper, however sufficient proof hasn't been established concerning your sisters financial support of a otherwise expensive program in Canada. Did she pay your tuition? Proof she supported you in the past?

I will suggest getting a co sponsor. The vo might be concerned about her absorbing all the cost especially with the fact she's got her own dependents

If she can transfer living expenses et all then that might be helpful.

Also you haven't shown sufficient proof that you will return. I dont see any proof of employment or running a business. That's a huge REDFLAG!!!. Please dont tell me your internship letter covers that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 4:51pm On May 16, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Information Business analysis or Business analysis is a good program, also check for logistics and supply chain management. These courses come as 1 year (PGC) or 2 years PGD (some even include opportunity to work full time and get paid really well). I know Fanshawe college has both programs for PGC and PGD. I think Seneca and Connestoga as well. Downside of any college in Ontario is that they are expensive.

I strongly recommend 2 years Business logistics and supply chain management (with a Co-op option).
(1) The program has lots of job opportunities, at least I know of Ontario for sure.
(2) You get paid for related work experience up to 8 months.
(3) You work full time (UP TO 40 hours a week) during the paid work and you get paid well.
(4) Minimum wage in Ontario is about 14CAD but Co-op students can get paid between 20CAD - 25CAD.

Above all, having 8 months Canadian experience on your CV alongside Canadian education is superb. When you arrive Canada, you will realise that getting Canadian work experience and a college degree could be more important than getting Masters degree for some jobs.

B
thanks you very much my brother is willing to release a total of 30,000 Canadian dollars for me split between the two years tho then accommodation money for like four months and extra money to hold while I get settled so money is not the issue but thank you I am grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 5:19pm On May 16, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Information Business analysis or Business analysis is a good program, also check for logistics and supply chain management. These courses come as 1 year (PGC) or 2 years PGD (some even include opportunity to work full time and get paid really well). I know Fanshawe college has both programs for PGC and PGD. I think Seneca and Connestoga as well. Downside of any college in Ontario is that they are expensive.

I strongly recommend 2 years Business logistics and supply chain management (with a Co-op option).
(1) The program has lots of job opportunities, at least I know of Ontario for sure.
(2) You get paid for related work experience up to 8 months.
(3) You work full time (UP TO 40 hours a week) during the paid work and you get paid well.
(4) Minimum wage in Ontario is about 14CAD but Co-op students can get paid between 20CAD - 25CAD.

Above all, having 8 months Canadian experience on your CV alongside Canadian education is superb. When you arrive Canada, you will realise that getting Canadian work experience and a college degree could be more important than getting Masters degree for some jobs.

what do you think of supply chain management Lambton college sarnia
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AyoPrudence(m): 5:22pm On May 16, 2019
Qudkom:

1. Letter of employment
2. Letter of Introduction*
3. Pay slips
4. Leave letter

Ps: You need a strong reason to prove to the vo that you'll be coming back after your studies bearing the cost spent to aquire an education in Canada.
What of a case where one just got a new job barely 3 months and there are no pay slips to show. Please, how can I show a strong reason to prove to the VO that I'll come back after studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 5:35pm On May 16, 2019
yes oh

chisongozi:
is this suppose to be a second refusal?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dera12345(f): 5:37pm On May 16, 2019
Bracha:
Please this is wrong. It was NOT a study permit application. It was a visit visa application, I mean, it was clearly stated there.

Please read very well, it can come in either way...
I have seen study visa refusal letters starting with “Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada”. If you want to see, I can share the image. I am 100% sure of what am saying.. @Geryworld don’t be too fast to unleash your anger on anyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 5:58pm On May 16, 2019
Phatkings:
what do you think of supply chain management Lambton college sarnia

Most colleges/schools in Ontario are very good and the program as well but please check for information about Sarnia (the city). I have come across some people say Sarnia is boring and so forth but please make your own findings.

I am based in London, ON and population in London is almost 5 times that of Sarnia. personally, I think London is boring. I can say for sure I will struggle to live in Sarnia. If you are an introvert, you are good to go in Sarnia. Job opportunities? I can't say much.

Just look out for what matters most to you and then you can choose your college accordingly. Check the school website as well.

Once you are ready to go for Co-op (usually after 4 or 8 months of studies in most colleges) you can do it anywhere in Ontario, so that is not an issue.

P.S I am very key on where I live (city) so I take out time to check these things but if you just want to study, then school and choice of program should be what you focus on.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kenny4real68: 6:17pm On May 16, 2019
Kez911:

This is incorrect, but it didn't say that rather it said thank you for your interest in visiting canada

Sorry, this information is very wrong. The person you quoted is right. My first study visa refusal letter started with the same sentence, thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. Let’s not confuse people. [b][/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 6:31pm On May 16, 2019
slushy:
Thanks for your response. My sister is single and so she doesn’t have any dependent. Should I add my mother as a co sponsor? Which documents will she need to submit? The school hasn’t requested for tuition yet so we are yet to pay. I asked for information on tuition payment and they said payment hasn’t started. Also I can’t have any proof of employment or running a business as I am applying for the bachelors programme after secondary school. I only just interned at a place while I wait. In my statement of purpose I have explained that I want to return to nigeria to do something in line with where I interned. It’s all IT related and somewhat of a big deal. Does this help or what else do I have to do?

Yes that's a good idea. Let your mum be a cow sponsor. But have your sister if possible transfer your living expense and 1st semester tuition. Also I will advise a statement of explanation to verify your sister is single with no dependents. Also throw in one or two family pictures past and present especially the ones where you two were doing silly things.

Your employment prospects are very weak. You need more effort.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 6:32pm On May 16, 2019
AyoPrudence:
What of a case where one just got a new job barely 3 months and there are no pay slips to show. Please, how can I show a strong reason to prove to the VO that I'll come back after studies?

Payslips aren't compulsory. Check my previous posts I dedicated a whole post to hometies. That should help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obainojazz(m): 6:51pm On May 16, 2019
Micmay1:
Visiting and Study Visa is categorized under TRV
Someone filled the study permit application and Application for temporary residence... Is it an issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alexkrueger: 6:57pm On May 16, 2019
Just got denied my first application, applied on 18th April after getting correspondence letter two days ago.

Based on

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I believe basically, my proof of funds wasn’t strong, how can I reapply and make it strong like what documents should I present

Need help, I plan to reapply before June 1.
Please I need a reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by slushy: 7:10pm On May 16, 2019
Please can you explain the last line. What do I do about employment prospect and which effort do I need. Do you mean employment prospect after studying?
Qudkom:

Yes that's a good idea. Let your mum be a cow sponsor. But have your sister if possible transfer your living expense and 1st semester tuition. Also I will advise a statement of explanation to verify your sister is single with no dependents. Also throw in one or two family pictures past and present especially the ones where you two were doing silly things.

Your employment prospects are very weak. You need more effort.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dejilale: 7:45pm On May 16, 2019
Was your application a paper route or online?
Alexkrueger:
Just got denied my first application, applied on 18th April after getting correspondence letter two days ago.

Based on

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I believe basically, my proof of funds wasn’t strong, how can I reapply and make it strong like what documents should I present

Please I need a reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2019
Alexkrueger:

Based on

Please I need a reply.
How much was in your statement of account? Does your application prove a career progression? Why not order for your gcms note to find out exactly what was wrong with your application. I will advice you not to rush but study what is exactly wrong with the delayed application.
I wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alexkrueger: 8:09pm On May 16, 2019
dejilale:
Was your application a paper route or online?
It was online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alexkrueger: 8:12pm On May 16, 2019
Tlontin:

How much was in your statement of account? Does your application prove a career progression? Why not order for your gcms note to find out exactly what was wrong with your application. I will advice you not to rush but study what is exactly wrong with the delayed application.
I wish you all the best.

I had 5m in my account

And my sponsor had about 7m with very good inflow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 8:21pm On May 16, 2019
Alexkrueger:

I had 5m in my account

And my sponsor had about 7m with very good inflow
How much is your tuition and living cost for a year? Is the money in the said account running or just a lump sum that just reflected when you are about reapplying? Are you married? What will you family live on after exhausting the whole 5m on studying? Is your sponsor without any dependant?how will you sponsor cater for his dependant and family after sponsoring you with 7m? All the questions I asked might point to the fact that the
Funds aren’t enough considering your answers to those questions. Work on the funds and above all your gcms note will shed more light.order for it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sayo98(f): 8:28pm On May 16, 2019
Good evening all. I was given admission by Saint Mary's University for a Masters in Techology, Entrepreneurship and innovation. Please i intend applying for a study permit by June. Please my sponsor is an uncle who is going to use his company's account but we're looking at him transferring the entire school fees of 37050 CAD and living expenses 0f 10000 CAD to my account which is going to 15million naira. If this is done, his company bank balance will obviously reduce. Please will this be acceptable?
Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alexkrueger: 9:08pm On May 16, 2019
Tlontin:

How much is your tuition and living cost for a year? Is the money in the said account running or just a lump sum that just reflected when you are about reapplying? Are you married? What will you family live on after exhausting the whole 5m on studying? Is your sponsor without any dependant?how will you sponsor cater for his dependant and family after sponsoring you with 7m? All the questions I asked might point to the fact that the
Funds aren’t enough considering your answers to those questions. Work on the funds and above all your gcms note will shed more light.order for it

Tuition fee is 17000 cad, it was transferred to my from my sponsor for my first year Tuition fee,
I’m just 20
My sponsor just has 3 little kids, highest age is 5. and yes it’s running didn’t just reflect

But, true that I have to work on my fund

Probably get half of my tuition fee paid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greatg0809: 9:12pm On May 16, 2019
Deane:
Hello guys, so I submitted my application last week.

Application submitted - 6 May 2019
First time application
Online route
Biometrics request - 7 May 2019
Biometrics done - 8 May 2019
Current status - background check

Good luck to us all.
Pls how do I know current status pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 9:14pm On May 16, 2019
@sillysassysally hope you had a stress free day? Pls, how long did it take them to update your medical after you sent the proof of upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 9:25pm On May 16, 2019
Alexkrueger:

Tuition fee is 17000 cad, it was transferred to my from my sponsor for my first year Tuition fee,
I’m just 20
My sponsor just has 3 little kids, highest age is 5. and yes it’s running didn’t just reflect

But, true that I have to work on my fund

Probably get half of my tuition fee paid
paying tuition doesn't guarantee visa. Some people have gotten visa without paying the school a dime. I will advice you Work on your application entirely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 9:52pm On May 16, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Most colleges/schools in Ontario are very good and the program as well but please check for information about Sarnia (the city). I have come across some people say Sarnia is boring and so forth but please make your own findings.

I am based in London, ON and population in London is almost 5 times that of Sarnia. personally, I think London is boring. I can say for sure I will struggle to live in Sarnia. If you are an introvert, you are good to go in Sarnia. Job opportunities? I can't say much.

Just look out for what matters most to you and then you can choose your college accordingly. Check the school website as well.

Once you are ready to go for Co-op (usually after 4 or 8 months of studies in most colleges) you can do it anywhere in Ontario, so that is not an issue.

P.S I am very key on where I live (city) so I take out time to check these things but if you just want to study, then school and choice of program should be what you focus on.
Lambton college have a campus in Toronto also and the course is located there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greatg0809: 10:12pm On May 16, 2019
Please after biometrics how do I know what is happening on my online submission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:25pm On May 16, 2019
Medical Request – May 6th (I was surprised when I got this medical request because I did upfront medicals, so I was wondering why they were still telling me to do medicals). I sent a web form with my e-medical slip attached and I also sent emails to Lagos, London, and Kenya. On May 7th (the day after receiving medical request), I went to the hospital to see the doctor who attended to me and doctor told me that he sent IRCC a message to link my upfront medical ID to my medical request ID.
Medicals passed – May 8th

MsJu:
@sillysassysally hope you had a stress free day? Pls, how long did it take them to update your medical after you sent the proof of upfront medical?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mslug: 12:08am On May 17, 2019
Hi
Can i use bank certificate showing my current balance instead of statement with transactions?
I do have education loan to cover funds and wondering if just bank certificate is enough.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alexkrueger: 12:10am On May 17, 2019
Tlontin:
paying tuition doesn't guarantee visa. Some people have gotten visa without paying the school a dime. I will advice you Work on your application entirely

When you say “work on the application entirely “ do you mean like make my proof of funds better and than paying the fees ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.