Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865660 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MOBAN444(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

I didn't mean it that way but sorry either way.. but u should have told us you searched and didn't find... well..I dont really know the exact colleges I can point to u...

U could try Algonquin College, constenga college...

Thanks brother, I have checked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AyoPrudence(m): 11:04am On May 26, 2019
makano:
Am so so happy today.. Although I havnt gotten my Visa since July last year.. But guess what, 2 of my JUNE 2018 guys got their Passport request today.. First ralfudoh and just now Kishkosh called me that he just got his... Am sure he is about to share his success story.. Am so happy for you guys and am happy I am part of your success story, its doing me assif its my Visa...... So happy for my Guys... Mine is coming on the way by God's grace.. I believe.. Peace
Your testimony is near. In the interim, accept my congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 11:30am On May 26, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

It means you probably have violated one of the rules of the thread....
Please how did I violate the rule
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 11:49am On May 26, 2019
Obehi44:

Thank you so much for this. I also will include you in my prayers.

Meanwhile, let me also use this opportunity to thank everyone who has commented on my post so far. I can't start mentioning handles now, the worry in me won't let me focus on anything. but I want you all to know that I sincerely appreciate all your response. Thank you! Thank you!!! I will update once I get any email from them by the new week.

Hello, like they said, patience is all you can afford, hopefully God will put a smile in your face.

When did you get your background check start update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AyoPrudence(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2019
Anamekele:

Please how do these ones work and how to order them
Please house I need more light on the gcms note because I have made arrangement to orderfor gcms note.
Justwise is probably confused at how you claim to have made arrangements to order for your GCMS note, yet you kept asking 'how to order them'.

Anyways, you can use this link below to order your GCMS note:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

A Permanent Residence of Canada, a citizenship , a Visitor, or a student that is legally residing in Canada can as well help order this note for you. You will need to input their address on the form, phone number, full name, your date of birth, sign and date the form then resend it back to them to order the note on your behalf.

Download the form using this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/forms/request-5744.html

Request for the person's address over there in Canada, his full name, phone number and fill the remaining part of the form with your details, then complete payment using your master card in Nigeria.

It takes 30-40days to get a GCMS file.

Everything you ask is on this thread. Just ask the right question okay, or read through the previous posts. I hope this helps?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Talanf: 12:30pm On May 26, 2019
Hi Guys, happy Sunday. I really need help o.

A friend got his student visa for Canada and he has paid his acceptance fee in the university but he doesn't intend to go to the school yet because he can't afford it. So, he wants to get in and defer so he hasn't paid any part of the tuition. What do you think he should do? Will the border officials let him get in without paying tuition? Even though he has paid his acceptance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by phemmisky(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2019
Guys , pls, I have a sister who's in a tight situation and I would appreciate if someone can pls reason with me on this ... she got admission last year to study a course in Engineering , she did applied for visa around May 2018 and she's not gotten any response . along the line last year she couldn't resume so she deferred the offer of admission , now this problem is this - upon request to the school for a new admission letter . The school said their policy for her previous admission have changed and she did not meet the admission requirement again and they can only give her admission in another similar course .

So she wants to take the new admission and present her case to the embassy to compliment whatever she had written in her statement of explanation in either if the two ways

1) that the school decided to issue her another letter of admission in a similar discipline because the previous programme which she was given admission has reached the maximum number of students to be enrolled for the term, thus why she's been given an alternative course so she can resume for the winter. And that Moreso the previous programme is only available once in a year and the admission process is yet to be opened.

The other way is this

2)that she realized that the previous programme now is saturated and prolifirated with lot of people in it in Nigeria and after thorough observation , she discover that there is a dearth of experts in her new programme in Nigeria , she knows that upon completion of the new programme , it will give her an edge and make her a well sort after expert when she return to Nigeria . Hence reason for the new programme

Pls help me choose anyone you think is convincing enough pls

@justmellow, @qudcom @frankrobbn1 @sillysassysally @optimusprime21 @makano @bracha @sashaa and other anointed gurus. Pls help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by guzenaira: 2:10pm On May 26, 2019
Talanf:

A friend got his student visa for Canada and he has paid his acceptance fee in the university but he doesn't intend to go to the school yet because he can't afford it. So, he wants to get in and defer so he hasn't paid any part of the tuition. What do you think he should do? Will the border officials let him get in without paying tuition? Even though he has paid his acceptance.

I couldn’t hold seeing such a post that’s why I want to reply you.

We are all entitled to the decision we make in life, some are good for us while some goes the wrong way.
Which ever way it goes we carry the consequences of our actions.

If you read this thread properly, you will understand that some pple with genuine intentions even didn’t get it not to talk of those that just want to gain access into the country .

In Canada, I see students who couldn’t continue with school and drop out, I see pple who came in with visit but never went back home. The bottom line is they keep running from pillar to post. Although some get the PR they want at the long run but that journey they took wasn’t easy and very risky.

Long story short, Pls I beg you in the name of God. Don’t bring up this kind of question here again because this thread is not just for Nigerians but the whole world have access to this forum. This are the kind of things that shape our image because I don’t understand how someone will go through the whole CIC issue and still come here to say he or she couldn’t further with school anymore when there are genuine applicants waiting for months to get it.

Nevertheless, if such a person wants to enter Canada, he or she must get admission into another school and change the DLI before coming in.

Furthermore, if school hasn’t resumed, he/she can come in provided school hasn’t resumed and the admission hasn’t been revoked by the school.

Pls let’s be guided.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Caddy123: 2:12pm On May 26, 2019
Happy Sunday everyone. Pls is it advisable to upload SOA after 6months to revalidate the earlier one uploaded during application.
2. Can I upload now my sponsor passport data page which I omitted when I applied then
3. In first application in 2017, I use my brother as sponsor, in 2018 reapplication I use my uncle and same brother use in 2017 application but only uploaded my uncle affidavit, SOA etc. Should I now upload my brother letter, SOA etc ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 2:21pm On May 26, 2019
Your words were contradictory. You don't know how to order GCMS notes, then you say you've made arrangements to order them. Please stick to one narrative, let's know how to help you.

The emoji was the confusion emoji

Anamekele:

@ justwise I don't understand the signs please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 2:54pm On May 26, 2019
AyoPrudence:
Justwise is probably confused at how you claim to have made arrangements to order for your GCMS note, yet you kept asking 'how to order them'.

A Permanent Residence of Canada, a citizenship , a Visitor, or a student that is legally residing in Canada can as well help order this note for you. You will need to input their address on the form, phone number, full name, your date of birth, sign and date the form then resend it back to them to order the note on your behalf.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/forms/request-5744.html

Request for the person's address over there in Canada, his full name, phone number and fill the remaining part of the form with your details, then complete payment using your master card in Nigeria.

Everything you ask is on this thread. Just ask the right question okay, or read through the previous posts. I hope this helps?
@ justwise forgive my ignorance please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 2:54pm On May 26, 2019
AyoPrudence:

@ justwise forgive my ignorance please.
Thanks Ayo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 3:03pm On May 26, 2019
Hi, sorry to hear that your friend doesn't have money to go to school yet. I'll suggest (s)he don't enter Canada yet, they should wait till they get money to pay the fees before entering. Also, they should defer the admission and get a new admission letter before entering.

Some of those who instead of going to school after they've entered the country, start working get caught when they want to apply for a postgraduate work permit (PGWP). This may cause them to not be given the PGWP.

And if he can't get it deferred, he should look for a cheaper school, preferably one that comes with a form of funding or scholarship.

Talanf:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obehi44: 3:06pm On May 26, 2019
Yoshy:

Hello, like they said, patience is all you can afford, hopefully God will put a smile in your face.

When did you get your background check start update?

I submitted on the 28th of March, got biometric email and did it Friday 29th or Monday 1st April or so. Anyway, see the image how it has been and still is till now. I am only praying and hoping to get a response this week by the grace of God.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 3:09pm On May 26, 2019
Talanf:

If the school is too expensive, your friend can change to a cheaper school but must notify the IRCC after entry or can get admission for the desired cheaper school and show Border official, you can do that on my cic account. If you don’t have intention of schooling at all Biko stay put!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 3:30pm On May 26, 2019
No.
Ordering your GCMS note has no effect on your application.

Anamekele:

Can ordering for gcms note stop one from getting an update from CIC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by xtianengr: 3:37pm On May 26, 2019
Bracha:
Hi, sorry to hear that your friend doesn't have money to go to school yet. I'll suggest (s)he don't enter Canada yet, they should wait till they get money to pay the fees before entering. Also, they should defer the admission and get a new admission letter before entering.

Some of those who instead of going to school after they've entered the country, start working get caught when they want to apply for a postgraduate work permit (PGWP). This may cause them to not be given the PGWP.

And if he can't get it deferred, he should look for a cheaper school, preferably one that comes with a form of funding or scholarship.

what happen if he/she defers the admission for like 6months when he/she gets to Canada, will such person have issues when processing PGWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 3:39pm On May 26, 2019
TRV UPDATE for the week ending May 26th

This week featured quite a number of updates - especially among 2018 applicants. Processing time remained at 9 weeks.

I would encourage those viewing the thread but have not submitted their timeline to please do, as it would help us make logical guesstimates on CIC processing time. Complete information is still needed from Dolapok, Seatea, Oni2019, Promise147, docsaj, Cutieflaky, Teejay30628, Klem28, Boe19, Ancy 26, Omarzx, Hiambenson, Wealthmiq, Teslimot01, Obehi44, Vickglam, Pelumi12, Nochyks87, Harveygordon, Bdemix, Alexkrueger, Emeritus00, Chinonye94, Atamanekpen, Deane, Okoriekwe, and Opana1).

Finally, if you guys have any ideas on how we can present this information better or what else we can add to it or remove from it, I am always open any adjustment that'll make this better.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Caddy123: 3:39pm On May 26, 2019
Pls need your thoughts; Austacus, Qudkom, Just mellow, Bracha, Sally, Makano, optimusprime21 and every other gurus in house.

Happy Sunday everyone. Pls is it advisable to upload SOA after 6months to revalidate the earlier one uploaded during application.
2. Can I upload now my sponsor passport data page which I omitted when I applied then
3. In first application in 2017, I use my brother as sponsor, in 2018 reapplication I use my uncle and same brother use in 2017 application but only uploaded my uncle affidavit, SOA etc. Should I now upload my brother letter, SOA etc ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:19pm On May 26, 2019
I'm not very sure of what would happen but I assume it would have an effect on the issuance of a PGWP. Canadian schools are “mandated” - for want of a better word - to send periodic reports, to IRCC, on the international students enrolled there. Which means that if your school sends a report that you deferred your admission for six months after you've entered the country, it may not end in favour of the student.

xtianengr:
what happen if he/she defers the admission for like 6months when he/she gets to Canada, will such person have issues when processing PGWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tswise: 4:26pm On May 26, 2019
xtianengr:
I don't known if is proper to share this here. Please check out this link on an international student that was arrested and about to be deported for working beyond 20hours per week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zld9u_sv20k

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kcjohnson83: 4:29pm On May 26, 2019
darey360:
New Brunswick Community College has a ​Confirmation Deposit and it is non refundable right? (non-refundable)

Good evening guys am new here . I want to know if anyone has study permit to the school already cos am about to apply myself , the service charge of the agent i contacted was too high so I want to do it myself to either of the colleges . Am an HND holder business administration , intend to apply for 2years program in business administration (Human Resources ) . Pls guys can I get any information as regards the school ?

God bless �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 4:30pm On May 26, 2019
Obehi44:

I submitted on the 28th of March, got biometric email and did it Friday 29th or Monday 1st April or so. Anyway, see the image how it has been and still is till now. I am only praying and hoping to get a response this week by the grace of God.

Okay, hopefully this week you will get a positive results
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by xtianengr: 4:31pm On May 26, 2019
Bracha:
I'm not very sure of what would happen but I assume it would have an effect on the issuance of a PGWP. Canadian schools are “mandated” - for want of a better word - to send periodic reports, to IRCC, on the international students enrolled there. Which means that if your school sends a report that you deferred your admission for six months after you've entered the country, it may not end in favour of the student.

Tnx boss,

assuming the person have to re-apply to study another course with lesser fees, is that possible and also can it be done when such person gets into the country, will such have any effect?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:31pm On May 26, 2019
Phemmisky I really do not know what to say about this situation. In situations like this, I always advise to go for the truth. Because:

I don't know if the visa officer (VO) will believe that in 1 year a career path has become that saturated to warrant a change.

To me, the first reply sounds more reasonable. Others may have a contrary opinion, but this is mine.

Also, I'll advise she applies for her GCMS note immediately so as to ascertain the reason for the delay in reaching a decision.

Good luck to her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:36pm On May 26, 2019
It is possible to reapply to another school for admission, after one has entered into Canada. When the application is successful and a new acceptance letter has been issued, the person is required to send a message to IRCC with the new acceptance letter attached.

Please go to 'cic dot gc dot ca' to confirm the steps and requirements.

xtianengr:
Tnx boss,

assuming the person have to re-apply to study another course with lesser fees, is that possible and also can it be done when such person gets into the country, will such have any effect?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 4:39pm On May 26, 2019
minnie91:
Hi for Background check it is advised not to order GCMS notes but order CBSA and CSIS notes.
Security related info is not shared in GCMS

Hello Minnie91,

You're right about the suggestion but i personally don't think either of CBSA or CSIS notes is required in this case. Even if certain security and background checking information are extracted from the GCMS notes but it still shows the actions going on in an application.

Its rare for an applicant applying for a study permit to fail a security check because its a TRV except only on certain circumstances. Even in a PR or EE application, Security Screening by the CSIS is majorly required if there is a concert or doubt by the VO. If a PR application has stayed longer for more than 6moths, before its even advised to request for the CSIS or CBSA.

But in this moniker's case, the GCMS notes is all that is needed.

Greetings!

Cc: Anamekele

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:44pm On May 26, 2019
You can send whatever you want to IRCC using the Web form in the contact section of the IRCC website.

I don't understand your 2nd question properly because of the grammar but I'll try to proffer a possible solution to the best of my understanding: send your brother's statement of account and letter of sponsorship using the Web form or to the email address of the visa office handling your application. Please send them ASAP.

Good luck.

Caddy123:
Pls need your thoughts; Austacus, Qudkom, Just mellow, Sally, Makano, optimusprime21 and every other gurus in house.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:46pm On May 26, 2019
You can send whatever you want to IRCC using the Web form in the contact section of the IRCC website.

I don't understand your 2nd question properly because of the grammar but I'll try to proffer a possible solution to the best of my understanding: send your brother's statement of account and letter of sponsorship using the Web form or to the email address of the visa office handling your application. Please send them ASAP.

Good luck.

Caddy123:
Pls need your thoughts; Austacus, Qudkom, Just mellow, Bracha, Sally, Makano, optimusprime21 and every other gurus in house.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by xtianengr: 4:46pm On May 26, 2019
Bracha:
It is possible to reapply to another school for admission, after one has entered into Canada. When the application is successful and a new acceptance letter has been issued, the person is required to send a message to IRCC with the new acceptance letter attached.

Please go to 'cic dot gc dot ca' to confirm the steps and requirements.

Tnx
God will bless u real good.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:04pm On May 26, 2019
Talanf:

He doesn't have to go to the schools he got the admission on the exception of if the person has gotten another admission from another DLI which in this case the acceptance fee would be forfeitted or depending on the case. All the person needs to do is to update the mickey online account with the new admission letter and DLI number, and that solves it.

For the POE, he can as well go with the old admission letter but should tender the new letter first until being asked for the old one.

BTW the person will be needing a valid admission letter for a DLI change

Good luck!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.