Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866791 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:17am On May 27, 2019
Ayomiposi2020:
Also please , my school sent me a deadline for payment as 15th June but I am yet to get a response for the Canadian embassy. Shud I go ahead to pay? Or what do you suggest because I dont want to miss the school deadline.

Thanks
Before you pay, check the schools refund policy should incase you get refused. You need to ensure you can get your funds back less administration expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tajmal: 10:33am On May 27, 2019
Hi
Did you raise a web form to them as regarding your application or just an update in your online account?
Anamekele:
Good day,
Gurus in the house I saw this mail thus morning.please what does it imply?
Thanks for your correspondence.

Please be informed that we are experiencing a technical hitch . Your decision will be sent in the coming days.

Hoping that the information above is satisfactory.

Regards,

Migration Program | Programme de migration (RTY)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by xtianengr: 11:01am On May 27, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

If your friend does not have money, let him defer his current offer while he tries to get admission for January into college/University. He should make sure it is a college/university where the fees are cheap (not more than 5000 CAD). I strongly recommend he goes for a program that has a co-op (most likely college). He should make sure it is a program that has at least 8 months co-op.

Once he gets admission into college, he should try and get money to pay for his 1st semester fees from Nigeria, his 8 months co-op will most likely sort out the rest if he is disciplined.

Please forget the idea of trying to defer and then work while in Canada for 6 months before school starts, It will most likely mess him up when he wants to apply for his PGWP.

Also, if your friend has a job in Nigeria at the moment where he can still get some money from now till January, no need to rush to travel to Canada. Except you have family members that are willing to accommodate you for free (food inclusive) in Canada, it is easier to save money in Nigeria than it is in Canada provided he already has a regular source of income in Nigeria. Save up money, save up money before you travel, you will need it.

This is for other students who don't have enough money

If you don't have money, no scholarship and you want to study in Canada, please be strategic.

(1) Make sure you apply to colleges or Universities with very low tuition.

(2) Make sure it is a 2 years program so you don't have to renew study permit while in Canada.

(3) If you choose 1 year PGC, you will need to renew study permit again and show money in account. If you know you struggled getting money in your account or sponsors, why will you want to go for a 1 year program?

(4) Make sure you choose co-op programs - you get to work full time for up to 8 months during course of study.

(5) you can always change schools even after your visa has been approved. If you need to switch to co-op program or cheaper schools, do it now. It is legal and allowed.

P.s For all those with Visa's or planning to come to Canada, please learn how to cut hair and ladies, if you can learn how to make hair before coming, you will make cool cash.

I cut my hair for 25CAD without shaving and 35CAD if I shave, do the maths (London, ON hair cut price).
I know a lady that charges 80 CAD and above to make ladies hair as a side hustle (she has her regular job). She attends to only 3 customers weekly because of her regular job. If you are a student, this will help you big time most especially when on break.

While waiting 6 months in Nigeria for visa, what are you doing with your time?
Tnk u so much for your response, I rely learnt from it, but pls can u suggest which school pays as low as 5k CAD. Thank u for ur response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by xtianengr: 11:07am On May 27, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

If your friend does not have money, let him defer his current offer while he tries to get admission for January into college/University. He should make sure it is a college/university where the fees are cheap (not more than 5000 CAD). I strongly recommend he goes for a program that has a co-op (most likely college). He should make sure it is a program that has at least 8 months co-op.

Once he gets admission into college, he should try and get money to pay for his 1st semester fees from Nigeria, his 8 months co-op will most likely sort out the rest if he is disciplined.

Please forget the idea of trying to defer and then work while in Canada for 6 months before school starts, It will most likely mess him up when he wants to apply for his PGWP.

Also, if your friend has a job in Nigeria at the moment where he can still get some money from now till January, no need to rush to travel to Canada. Except you have family members that are willing to accommodate you for free (food inclusive) in Canada, it is easier to save money in Nigeria than it is in Canada provided he already has a regular source of income in Nigeria. Save up money, save up money before you travel, you will need it.

If you don't have money, no scholarship and you want to study in Canada, please be strategic.

(2) Make sure it is a 2 years program so you don't have to renew study permit while in Canada.

(3) If you choose 1 year PGC, you will need to renew study permit again and show money in account. If you know you struggled getting money in your account or sponsors, why will you want to go for a 1 year program?

(4) Make sure you choose co-op programs - you get to work full time for up to 8 months during course of study.

(5) you can always change schools even after your visa has been approved. If you need to switch to co-op program or cheaper schools, do it now. It is legal and allowed.

P.s For all those with Visa's or planning to come to Canada, please learn how to cut hair and ladies, if you can learn how to make hair before coming, you will make cool cash.

I cut my hair for 25CAD without shaving and 35CAD if I shave, do the maths (London, ON hair cut price).
I know a lady that charges 80 CAD and above to make ladies hair as a side hustle (she has her regular job). She attends to only 3 customers weekly because of her regular job. If you are a student, this will help you big time most especially when on break.

Also are we to get the admission for another course from Nigeria or when we get to Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by crusader6(m): 11:27am On May 27, 2019
I just submitted my application.. Online route, new application, undergraduate program, nursing, Brandon university

Please someone should help me with contact details of cic clinic in Abuja.. I want to book for medical

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by crusader6(m): 11:27am On May 27, 2019
I just submitted my application.. Online route, new application, undergraduate program, nursing, Brandon university

Please someOne should help me with contact details of cic clinic in Abuja.. I want to book for medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 11:50am On May 27, 2019
abusmanlouis:
Grace, Faith and believing in God can makes you successful in this Study permit issues.
Remember the Bible said the earth is the lord and His fullness thereof and they that dwelleth therein. God own the VO (Visa officer). Bible said again the Heart of the king is in the lord hands; turneth it to where where he wishes.
Somebody will find favour from God this week in Jesus Christ name.
I see somebody celebrating His TRV this week in this forum, another one Jubilating His approval, many positive updates will takes place in our CIC accounts and medical reports will be updated passed this week in Jesus Christ name. If you believe hit like and say Amen with loud voice.
Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 11:51am On May 27, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Well said, thanks for the information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 11:54am On May 27, 2019
crusader6:

Please someOne should help me with contact details of cic clinic in Abuja.. I want to book for medical
since you have submitted, why not wait for the medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by crusader6(m): 12:19pm On May 27, 2019
I wana book ahead...the request may likely come around my booking date
MsJu:
since you have submitted, why not wait for the medical request.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 12:20pm On May 27, 2019
tajmal:
Hi
Did you raise a web form to them as regarding your application or just an update in your online account?
Yes I raised a webform to update my new admission letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 27, 2019
Hello Nairalanders and guru's! I'm new here. It appears this is the best alternative to paying huge sums of money to agents... From what I've been reading, the support here is overwhelming. Got rejected for Canadian study permit (within 3 weeks of online application, haven done biometrics) with the following reasons; Travel History, Purpose of Visit and Personal Assets and Financial Status.

I observed it's common, so I plan to re-apply as soon as possible. My question is this: there are so many documents not listed on the online application but is listed in the paper application (e.g WAEC, NYSC, TRANSCRIPT, etc); Please how do I attach this documents to my online application since it's not specified? I mean what segment is each additional document suppose to fall under for online application or must I also do the paper application and then link the two?

Also I applied for my GCMS note on the 15/05/2019, heard it takes 30 days, nothing yet, anybody got there's earlier than 30 days? I'm anxious to know what went wrong and the right way to avoid any slip up this time around! I suspect I dint attach enough documents, and my SOP was not very detailed, or maybe cause I gained admission in a co-op program (Petroleum systems Engineering MEng), etc. Fingers crossed...

Please I need the advice of persons that have been successful in their online application (without paper application), if any. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:40pm On May 27, 2019
Somalian360:
Hello Nairalanders and guru's! I'm new here. It appears this is the best alternative to paying huge sums of money to agents... From what I've been reading, the support here is overwhelming. Got rejected for Canadian study permit (within 3 weeks of online application, haven done biometrics) with the following reasons; Travel History, Purpose of Visit and Personal Assets and Financial Status.

I observed it's common, so I plan to re-apply as soon as possible. My question is this: there are so many documents not listed on the online application but is listed in the paper application (e.g WAEC, NYSC, TRANSCRIPT, etc); Please how do I attach this documents to my online application since it's not specified? I mean what segment is each additional document suppose to fall under for online application or must I also do the paper application and then link the two?

Also I applied for my GCMS note on the 15/05/2019, heard it takes 30 days, nothing yet, anybody got there's earlier than 30 days? I'm anxious to know what went wrong and the right way to avoid any slip up this time around! I suspect I dint attach enough documents, and my SOP was not very detailed, or maybe cause I gained admission in a co-op program (Petroleum systems Engineering MEng), etc. Fingers crossed...

Please I need the advice of persons that have been successful in their online application (without paper application), if any. Thanks and God bless.

Sorry about the refusal, I hope you get answers to your questions here. Your gcms note is important in dealing with previous denial. You get a good outlook on what you need for the new application. Also, any additional documents education credentials, work documents etc should be placed in the "client information" section in the online application. Lastly, you'll need a convincing sop and loe.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 12:56pm On May 27, 2019
An online application cannot be tracked in the real sense of the word. What you do is use your MyCic to know what stage(s) the application is in. Any information/documents needed would be communicated to you via your MyCic account.

Good luck.

Ayomiposi2020:
Yes it is an online application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayomiposi2020: 12:59pm On May 27, 2019
This is quiet helpful.
Would you know names of the affordable colleges in canada?. Cos I am thinking of changing school to a more affordable one once visa is granted
Naijaforeigner:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Madu2013(m): 1:21pm On May 27, 2019
Thanks for all the good works u guys are doing here.
I want to apply for post graduate studied at memorial university (mun), i want to know if tofl and other English proficiency exams is compulsory or can they give me admission without it. Pls. Anyone with any idea should enlighten me because their application is closing on 31st thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 27, 2019
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate. "Client Information section", I've noted that. You bring me to another question: SOP and LOE aren't they supposed to be the same? I was thinking a good LOE should cover all that is in the SOP and explanations to whatever might be a point of concern to the VO. Please confirm if I'm right or wrong?

Can anyone suggest a professional agency that they used to help write LOE or SOP? Apparently, that's one of the reasons my permit was declined...

Qudkom:

Sorry about the refusal, I hope you get answers to your questions here. Your gcms note is important in dealing with previous denial. You get a good outlook on what you need for the new application. Also, any additional documents education credentials, work documents etc should be placed in the "client information" section in the online application. Lastly, you'll need a convincing sop and loe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 1:35pm On May 27, 2019
Good day family, pls can I still apply early next month for September 2019?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 27, 2019
I'd advice you painstakingly check their Eligibility Requirement for the course you are apply to, it's usually listed in the website. Some of these Canadian Universities wave English proficiency test for candidates, depending on the UNIVERSITY YOU FINISHED FROM.

A faster method is to get the phone number of the Department/faculty you are applying to, call them, find out if your University is exempt. They don't always pick up immediately you just have to keep trying (best time: 9am-11am & 1pm-3pm/ Canadian time).

I'll advice you go ahead and apply either ways. Worst case scenario: if it's required, you can still be accepted based on your other submitted credentials, but your admission will be CONDITIONAL, pending when your test score comes out, then it can now be upgraded to an UNCONDITIONAL admission.

All the best!

Madu2013:
Thanks for all the good works u guys are doing here.
I want to apply for post graduate studied at memorial university (mun), i want to know if tofl and other English proficiency exams is compulsory or can they give me admission without it. Pls. Anyone with any idea should enlighten me because their application is closing on 31st thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubajek: 1:52pm On May 27, 2019
Good afternoon E family. please I was denied visiting visa early this year. reason not sure I will return after my visit. though I am married with 3 kids and have a good job. now my question is this.. I want to apply for post graduate studies, will my earlier visa denial affect it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Madu2013(m): 1:54pm On May 27, 2019
Somalian360:
I'd advice you painstakingly check their Eligibility Requirement for the course you are apply to, it's usually listed in the website. Some of these Canadian Universities wave English proficiency test for candidates, depending on the UNIVERSITY YOU FINISHED FROM.

A faster method is to get the phone number of the Department/faculty you are applying to, call them, find out if your University is exempt. They don't always pick up immediately you just have to keep trying (best time: 9am-11am & 1pm-3pm/ Canadian time).

I'll advice you go ahead and apply either ways. Worst case scenario: if it's required, you can still be accepted based on your other submitted credentials, but your admission will be CONDITIONAL, pending when your test score comes out, then it can now be upgraded to an UNCONDITIONAL admission.

All the best!

Thank u very much for ur quick response.
I'v already check their website and it was stated that English proficiency test can be waived if your previous courses was thought in English but an agent told me that i should forget what they wrote on the site that English proficiency test is compulsory when applying for any program in mun.
I'v also tried calling them but they are not picking as u said.
Any body that has gotten admission from them before should enlighten me pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 2:09pm On May 27, 2019
crusader6:

Migration Health Assessment Centre
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
No. 4, Buchannan Close, off Buchannan crescent,
off Aminu Kano Crescent Wuse 11, Abuja
Tel: +234(0) 807 219 1122/080 9563 7898/080 8522 1427. 07032898491,
E-mail: iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oladimejii(m): 2:10pm On May 27, 2019
I got a mail that my processed passport is ready for pick up. No medical mail nor upfront medicals. I had presumed it was a refusal and had prepared for the worst.

I got there today, picked up my package and tore it open to find my passport with the attached slip. Mind you my Online Account is still on Eligibility check.

The only message I received last week was correspondence mail.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emeritus00(m): 2:18pm On May 27, 2019
Madu2013:

Thank u very much for ur quick response.
I'v already check their website and it was stated that English proficiency test can be waived if your previous courses was thought in English but an agent told me that i should forget what they wrote on the site that English proficiency test is compulsory when applying for any program in mun.
I'v also tried calling them but they are not picking as u said.
Any body that has gotten admission from them before should enlighten me pls.

Agent told you? Forget about those agents, what do they know except to get your money? MUN does not require profiency in English for Nigeria since language of instruction of your undergraduate was English. Got admission without it... not even part of requirements listed for me during application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 2:20pm On May 27, 2019
Amen in Jesus name.

abusmanlouis:
Grace, Faith and believing in God can makes you successful in this Study permit issues.
Remember the Bible said the earth is the lord and His fullness thereof and they that dwelleth therein. God own the VO (Visa officer). Bible said again the Heart of the king is in the lord hands; turneth it to where where he wishes.
Somebody will find favour from God this week in Jesus Christ name.
I see somebody celebrating His TRV this week in this forum, another one Jubilating His approval, many positive updates will takes place in our CIC accounts and medical reports will be updated passed this week in Jesus Christ name. If you believe hit like and say Amen with loud voice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 2:27pm On May 27, 2019
Good day, everyone. I asked my school for my unofficial transcript and they said they only send the official one, which will be 10k within Nigeria. But what I need at the moment is the unofficial one which will be sent to me.
Does anyone have any advice for me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Evankc(m): 2:42pm On May 27, 2019
Oladimejii:
I got a mail that my processed passport is ready for pick up. No medical mail nor upfront medicals. I had presumed it was a refusal and had prepared for the worst.

I got there today, picked up my package and tore it open to find my passport with the attached slip. Mind you my Online Account is still on Eligibility check.

Attached slip .. was it visa approve with stamp on it ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2019
Oladimejii:

someone experienced same some couples of weeks ago on the thread.. you might need to try to contact him/her to know what this implies.
All the best!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 27, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bennyg24(m): 3:18pm On May 27, 2019
Stevenssen:
Good day, everyone. I asked my school for my unofficial transcript and they said they only send the official one, which will be 10k within Nigeria. But what I need at the moment is the unofficial one which will be sent to me.
Does anyone have any advice for me?
Most schools in Nigeria issue the unofficial transcript popularly called Student Copy. Tell them you will be using it to apply for postgraduate program and it will be issued to you after some weeks. Student/unofficial transcript is issued to the applicant or someone sent by you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 3:29pm On May 27, 2019
No it wont.. But make sure you state it in ur CIC form that u have been refused Visa before.. The question will be there if u have been refused visa in the past... Just put YES... Previous refusals doesnt affect ur chances of getting ur study permit Visa.. peace.
dubajek:
Good afternoon E family. please I was denied visiting visa early this year. reason not sure I will return after my visit. though I am married with 3 kids and have a good job. now my question is this.. I want to apply for post graduate studies, will my earlier visa denial affect it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 3:30pm On May 27, 2019
The earlier u apply the better... Peace
Biot34:
Good day family, pls can I still apply early next month for September 2019?

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.