Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (868479 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by holllowu: 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2019
Algonquin?
cuteesthy:
it took months before dey told me dat my own application is on wait list, start writing to dem now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hello everyone, please how do I explain my study gap and employment over the last 10yrs? I graduated last year and I'm currently serving in a Senior secondary school and I'll finish NYSC in September.

Please how do I address this? Thank you.

Cc: Bracha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ancy12: 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
Nony1:
Hi all,

Does anyone know any website that I can use to check for cheap flights from Nigeria to Canada?
Use skyscanner

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obehi44: 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
Qudkom:

Cc: Obehi44
Nice one, thank you. Although I am going to request for the GCMS note, but at the same time, I want to reapply around 2nd week of this June. I am putting things together to the effect of their refusal reason. Thanks to everyone here that responded to my posts, I have picked a few to help me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayomiposi2020: 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hello, please what email did you send the message to and what was the subject of your mail.

quote author=abusmanlouis post=78881545]This is the message I got from CIC mail today,
You can learn from it the process our application go through before final decision.

Good Day,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application. However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and criminality. Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities. Therefore some applications due to the complexity of their nature may take a bit longer to finalise than others

Our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed and application finalized, or as soon as more information or documents are required.

We realize that the situation is unfortunate and regret that our response could not be more favorable at the moment.

Regards,

Migration Program | Programme de migration

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC)

nrobi-im-document@international.gc.ca

Telephone | Téléphone: (254.20) 366.3000

Facsimile | Télécopier: (254.20) 366.3914[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayomiposi2020: 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hello

Please what email address did you use to send them a message and what was the subject of your mail
abusmanlouis:
This is the message I got from CIC mail today,
You can learn from it the process our application go through before final decision.

Good Day,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application. However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and criminality. Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities. Therefore some applications due to the complexity of their nature may take a bit longer to finalise than others

Our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed and application finalized, or as soon as more information or documents are required.

We realize that the situation is unfortunate and regret that our response could not be more favorable at the moment.

Regards,

Migration Program | Programme de migration

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC)

nrobi-im-document@international.gc.ca

Telephone | Téléphone: (254.20) 366.3000

Facsimile | Télécopier: (254.20) 366.3914
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
bennyg24:

@ Qudkom, the list you provided is really an eye opener, thanks but consider this case:
1) A new enterprise how does one get tax clearance, Tin number and others you listed because it is becoming cumbersome, I just registered my new business which started last month and am yet to get my CAC certificate.
2) I intend applying for my study permit next month with a sibling who is doing well sponsoring me, how do I make my application strong? I finished NYSC November 2017. just my new business as asset for now.
Thanks as I wait for your assistance, please.
Well in your case, you need to explain vividly why/what you hope to archive when you are done with your studies in relation to your registered company. Get a detailed business plan if possible fo highlight your plans for the business. There are loads of things you can do but the above is for a start. All the best.

Ps: it's important you get thd cac certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
Obehi44:

Nice one, thank you. Although I am going to request for the GCMS note, but at the same time, I want to reapply around 2nd week of this June. I am putting things together to the effect of their refusal reason. Thanks to everyone here that responded to my posts, I have picked a few to help me.
Well your gcms note will shed more light and assist with the supporting documents you need.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bennyg24(m): 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
Qudkom:

Well in your case, you need to explain vividly why/what you hope to archive when you are done with your studies in relation to your registered company. Get a detailed business plan if possible fo highlight your plans for the business. There are loads of things you can do but the above is for a start. All the best.

Ps: it's important you get thd cac certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
Qudkom please help him with this ⬇️ and this ➡️ https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/521#78926726

I can't help at the moment as I'm busy.

Thank you.

Ayodeji787:

Yes my tuition fees is $4833 per year. How much should I write in the room and board and also in the others please.

My sponsor just wrote if my funding isn't enough, he will support me financially over the period of my studies.
The sponsor is my brother and he dropped his account statement too.

So please how do I feel it?

cc= Bracha

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GeneviveNnadi(f): 6:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
@Ayodeji pls what is the name of the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2019
GeneviveNnadi:
@Ayodeji pls what is the name of the school
Memorial University of Newfoundland

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2019
Qudkom:
GENERAL GUIDELINES ON FILLING IMM FORMS

Applicants sometimes get worried about issue generated in the process of filling immforms and to avoid a rather costly mistake they hesitate and search for possible guidelines to troubleshoot their concerns. Right from validating forms, To filling the dli numbers accurately, funds available for stay in canada etc. The following is been provided to the best of my knowledge:

1. CIC requires the default use of Adobe reader (Latest version) in filling forms.

2. Avoid asking for copies of imm forms rather download it directly from cic website. This is because this forms are updated regularly and what an applicant used in January might be different from what another will use in May.
For example, thw family immform excluded siblings information initially only to change it around March-April last year.

3. Dont be scammed by Agents the forms are free and can be downloaded anytime.

4. If you are submitting your application online then you don't need to sign. And if you are using the paper route print the forms with the barcodes and sign the forms.

5. The section for( funds available, room and board and tuition) is one of the most confusing part for Applicants. CIC states that you only need to show figures or proof of funds for the duration of the first year. If you are going for a 2year program you are only required to show proof of funds for the first year (however there is nothing wrong with showing prood beyond the first year).
Therefore;
Tuition*- this figure should be the total roundup of your entire tuition fees for the duration of your program. In case you don't have the figure then provide the first year only.

Room&Board*- This should show expense for the first year. The default amount in this category is 10kcad however some province requires more I.e Quebec.

Total funds available for stay in Canada*- first year in consideration. The sum total of tuition, living expenses, books and supply etc. Should be filled here. Most times the school gives you a comprehensive breakdown

Others*- any non tuition fees will be recorded in this category. For example Medical insurance.

6. When filling DLI (Designated learning Institution) number #***********. Always remember that the first character in that field starts with letter "O" not number "0"

7. Triple check forms before submitting. I have seen cases of people filling yes for military involvement simply because they served(Nysc) Or Yes for political involvements simply because a relative is actively involved.

I think this are the common errors. Feel free to add to the list.

Cc: Ayodeji787, bracha

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmaxman(m): 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
I submitted my sister's form yesterday and she got her biometric mail today but to my greatest surprise, I saw M in her gender which would have been as a result of my impatient in submitting the form.
She is going for her biometric on Monday. My people, how can we correct this please. Would it affect her?
Abeg house, help me out �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deane: 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
For "room and board" & "others" , check your admission letter for the amount for these items. If the amounts are not on the admission letter, then check the costs section of your school website, it'll definitely be there.

Then for the amount to be included as "funds available for stay", sum up the total amount of tuition, room & board & others, and at least about additional 3k - 5k. Input that as the total funds available for stay.

Meanwhile, try to be certain that the $4833 is the fee for international students and includes the international differential fee 'cause if sounds pretty low (not to argue with you but just be sure).

Ayodeji787:

Yes my tuition fees is $4833 per year. How much should I write in the room and board and also in the others please.

My sponsor just wrote if my funding isn't enough, he will support me financially over the period of my studies.

cc= Bracha

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
emmaxman:
I submitted my sister's form yesterday and she got her biometric mail today but to my greatest surprise, I saw M in her gender which would have been as a result of my impatient in submitting the form.
She is going for her biometric on Monday. My people, how can we correct this please. Would it affect her?
Abeg house, help me out �
Fill the form again and merge with a letter of explanation to that effect and send using webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by docsaj: 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
APPROVAL ALERT:
Finally o, thank God. It was a bit of a long wait but its finally here.
Online route- Feb applicant.

Abeg for those who sent me PM, i tried to reply o, but the mail kept bouncing back (abi na me no sabi the PM function?) No vex, pls reach out here.
Anyone going to MB this fall (or anyone who is there already)? Let connect pls...it'll be good to have a friendly face there...

For those still waiting, hang in there, don't give up-, it'll surely end in praise!

cc cychristaa and 2roodi..

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cuteesthy(f): 9:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
holllowu:
Algonquin?
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2019
I think there are rules around how early you can go to Canada prior to the start of your program. 30 days or so. The earlier you book, the higher the $ you save

Tlontin:

When do you think it’s okay to move because any time August its sure to get to over 400k if not 500k

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ayodeji787:

cc= Bracha

Your room and board is the average price of rent, food and other miscellaneous accommodation related items. Unless you’re staying in residence your school wouldn’t provide you with this. Best guess is to look up average monthly price of rent in the area, add $200 for food and multiply it by 12 months. That’s to be on the safe side. You could multiply by it 8-12 depending on how long you’re gonna be in Canada before the school starts. However a school semester is usually 8 months so the lower limit is 8
Others is the total amount of money available to you - (sum of your school fees and room and board). This is dependent on the amount of money available for you in the statement of account. You should make sure to still leave sufficient amount available in the account for the sponsor. Others could also be money set aside for emergency and other things. To be on the safe side make it half of your room and board. But like I said earlier it’s dependent on the SOA.

Hypothetical example
School fees - ~$5kCAD
Room and Board - I used $10kCAD (on the assumption that rent in my province is ~$800 and ~$200 For food) I multiplied by 8 school semester plus two extra months.
Others - ~$5kCAD (my sponsor had over $50kCAD in their account so I could afford to write that amount, knowing there was still sufficient money left for the sponsor)

Hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emeritus00(m): 9:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ayodeji787:

cc= Bracha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tosinobikoya49: 10:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hello house kindly help me on this though I know this is not supposed to be here but I don't want to fall a victim have anybody heard of tamwoodcareers where one can school and work part-time. Are they real?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emeritus00(m): 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ayodeji787:

cc= Bracha

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deane: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2019
Congratulations to you. Please share more details.
docsaj:
APPROVAL ALERT:

Abeg for those who sent me PM, i tried to reply o, but the mail kept bouncing back (abi na me no sabi the PM function?) No vex, pls reach out here.
Anyone going to MB this fall (or anyone who is there already)? Let connect pls...it'll be good to have a friendly face there...

For those still waiting, hang in there, don't give up-, it'll surely end in praise!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
Congratulations!

docsaj:
APPROVAL ALERT:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rubidily2: 10:38pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hello everyone!
I am 33 years. Married with 3 kids. I have a first degree in history but 2 years ago I wrote waec and neco in sciences because I have a passion to study nursing.
I want to apply to study nursing in BU what are my chances .

How do I explain the change of field and hope the new o levels will be accepted.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Baztardmods: 1:17am On Jun 02, 2019
JustMellow:

He should apply for a tourist or visiting visa
Alright, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Baztardmods: 1:18am On Jun 02, 2019
canadaman18:

Hey mate , there is nothing wrong with inviting your brother and his family for a visit. You are not the one sponsoring them financially so I dont see why people are saying you gotta be done school.

I know friends who have invited their siblings for a visit , its no biggie provided the person youre inviting is self sufficient.

My advice is they package it as visit + tourism , you write them a letter saying youre inviting them to visit you . And they also write a letter of intent saying theyll be visiting you and also visiting tourist attractions and name a few.
Nice idea, thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Baztardmods: 1:19am On Jun 02, 2019
JustMellow:

Even if you have the privilege to invite close family members, going as far to invite multitude isn't a very wise idea. As a student, you don't have that financial sufficiency to cater for their stay and other necessities. If this application is filed, its likely not going to scale through, just save time and money.

Good luck!
Okay, but I'm not the sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Baztardmods: 1:19am On Jun 02, 2019
Bracha:
I've written what I think.
Cheers.

I appreciate. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Baztardmods: 1:20am On Jun 02, 2019
Qudkom:

There isn't any compelling reason to invite 5 people to Canada! !!. Are you graduating? Im which case your parents are the ones allowed to visit you. To the vo if you want to see them then travel down tp Nigeria.
Okay, not rlly but graduating soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Baztardmods: 1:22am On Jun 02, 2019
Bracha:
Why are you inviting your brother and his whole family while you're still in school? Please don't do this. Graduate from school first, get a job, then do the invite because the embassy will expect you to have enough money to cater for all of you over there. If you say your brother will cater for himself, this MAY warrant them to think he wants to japaa seeing as he doesn't have a solid home tie.

But if you refuse to listen to this advise and go ahead with the invite, let your brother and his wife use their jobs as a home tie. Also, let your brother apply independent of you, as in let him apply for a visit visa giving tourism as an excuse.

Hopefully you go with the first advise so the second won't be needed.

Good luck to you and your brother.

I understand your concern bro, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67