Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866484 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nochyks87: 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2019
Afternoon all. Pls I need to clarify an issue concerning the particular address of the embassy that should be put in the LOE for online applicants. Cos some say it's the Lagos high commission why others say otherwise. I need to know the particular address. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
Deane:
Proof of funds for the first year is sufficient. But I don't think there is any harm if you can show proof of funds for the 2 years. So if you can do 2 years, please do.

As for who will be responsible, select "other" then write scholarship, supervisor's grant, and my brother. If you have your own personal funds, you can add "myself" to the list.

Thanks so much. I'm grateful. Please is there anything like study permit questionnaire that I will print online and fill with hand and submit in my online application?
Cause I'm seeing people submitting via paper route adding study permit questionnaire that ask why they choose the program, how they know about the program? If they have academic qualifications or work experience relevant to their proposed program?

Please I will email you now. Thank you

Cc: @Deane
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hollushola(m): 1:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
Anamekele:

Am waiting for medical request

have you gotten your medical request now? and I got an admission to concordia university too. can we connect?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ancy12:

Use skyscanner

Thanks guys, this was helpful.

I am considering booking a particular flight that has a 45 mins transfer period at Dublin using Ethiopian airline and I was wondering if I will be needing a dublin visa/passport?

Can someone comment on this?

Thanks,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Yes you will pay for WES Canada. You will pay US WES charges self to help you transfer your record to them with an inclusion of courier charge. Not that sure with the digits but google will do better by searching. My guess same amount you paid for US WES though this time in $CAN. 285 or so

Ibitowaoa help reply my email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ibitowaoa: 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
The Visa Officer,
Canada High Commission,
Lagos, Nigeria.

nochyks87:
Afternoon all. Pls I need to clarify an issue concerning the particular address of the embassy that should be put in the LOE for online applicants. Cos some say it's the Lagos high commission why others say otherwise. I need to know the particular address. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
kcosam:

Please is this Concordia university Montreal Québec, or Concordia university Edmonton?
Montreal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hollushola:

have you gotten your medical request now? and I got an admission to concordia university too. can we connect?
No I have not gotten medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OptimusPrime21: 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2019
Tlontin:

Have you got your passport?

At all my brother ... I sent mails to cic but not to vfs cos vfs isn't the one delaying but rather cic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hollushola:

Please is yours Concordia university Montreal as well? When did you get the offer and which course did you applied? Am waiting for a decision from them as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OptimusPrime21: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2019
Obehi44:

Thank you very much for your response. But I have tried to defer my admission and the school responded that they can not defer for my course unless I want to cancel the admission and reapply, but that they can't quanranty me automatic admission but will have to pass through normal process again. This is also my fear, getting admission, as it's becoming difficult these days.
What do you think?

If this is the case and you wise to reapply for the visa, u need to apply for admission in the same course in the same school 2weeks after you have applied for the visa, u send a mail to the school telling them you have already applied for visa with the old admission letter but reapplying incase you don't get the visa b4 the resumption date on the old admission letter.. This way, the school will consider your application faster and issue u a new admission letter sooner...

Or

You apply for gcms note, as you wait for the notes apply for a new admission letter... once the note comes out, u tackle it on your Loe, apply with the same admission letter for your visa.. so that if u are yet to get the visa and your resumption date passes, you are not losing anything but waiting on the new admission letter which am sure won't take long to come out since u have applied b4 and gotten admission...

this is Wat I think but open to other possible suggestions

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
Anamekele:

Montreal
Please when did you get the offer and which course did you applied? Am waiting for a decision from them as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deane: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
If you are submitting online, You don't need to print it out. It's the first set of forms you fill before getting to the stage where you are required to upload your documents. So If you are at the stage where you are required to upload documents, then you must have already filled the questionnaire. Anytime you log into your profile, you should get a prompt to save and exit questionnaire. You can also review your answers to the questionnaire at anytime before you submit your application.

While the questionnaire requires answers on academic background and work experience, i do not think it requires information on why you chose your program. That's for your statement of purpose/letter of explanation.

Ayodeji787:

Thanks so much. I'm grateful. Please is there anything like study permit questionnaire that I will print online and fill with hand and submit in my online application?
Cause I'm seeing people submitting via paper route adding study permit questionnaire that ask why they choose the program, how they know about the program? If they have academic qualifications or work experience relevant to their proposed program?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
Nony1:

I am considering booking a particular flight that has a 45 mins transfer period at Dublin using Ethiopian airline and I was wondering if I will be needing a dublin visa/passport?

Thanks,
good day bro you got know worries that Dublin stop over is a technical stop over just to refuel the plane and you won't even be coming down from the plane as it just 1 to 2 hours stop, your main stop over is at adisababa Ethiopian.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
Because it is paper application, you'll do your biometrics simultaneously. Which means that as you submit your application, you'll also submit your biometrics information.

Good luck.

Concate:
Hello gurus in the house, please how long does it take to get biometrics letter for paper application?

From @sillysally data analysis, it's same day as submission. If this is generally correct, will the biometrics letter be given to you immediately after submission or how do you get.

Will appreciate your kind responses. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
kcosam:

Please when did you get the offer and which course did you applied? Am waiting for a decision from them as well.
I got a new admission on may because the former expired
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

At all my brother ... I sent mails to cic but not to vfs cos vfs isn't the one delaying but rather cic
Na wa for London cic oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2019
Deane:
If you are submitting online, You don't need to print it out. It's the first set of forms you fill before getting to the stage where you are required to upload your documents. So If you are at the stage where you are required to upload documents, then you must have already filled the questionnaire. Anytime you log into your profile, you should get a prompt to save and exit questionnaire. You can also review your answers to the questionnaire at anytime before you submit your application.

While the questionnaire requires answers on academic background and work experience, i do not think it requires information on why you chose your program. That's for your statement of purpose/letter of explanation.

Hoops. The questions I answer before I got to stage I will upload my documents doesn't ask about my education background and work experience. I'm very confused.

Please reply my email so I will send you the screenshot of those things. I'm confused now

Cc: Deane
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Doueme: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hello guys,
Please are online study permit also processed in Kenya and is a four page SOP too long?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OptimusPrime21: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
I have two questions,

1) anybody with an idea of agency I can get cheap flights to canada July/August

2) for one heading to Ontario.. is it Toronto am stopping at or Ontario itself

Thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
Deane:

Cc Deane

That's how d stuff I filled was. Nothing about my academic background or work experience was asked. Please help. Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obehi44: 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
1. With your bank statement I think you meets the requirements of tuition and living expenses coupled with ur husband owns.
2. Try make your LOE letter sounds better on the assets as you will be coming home to do this that after your schooling.
3. Also, CIC might think leaving a kid behind is not a good call, so try explain the plans you have for your kid. Maybe, your husband will there to support your child upbringing and you’ve employed a nanny to help do this and that, while your husband is away. Also, say that you will be applying for a leave of absent at work which you will fall back to after your studies.
With the documents you have, I believe your LOE is not well structured and it’s not convincing enough. As per funds and assets you good to go.
Experts should please assists her.

Thank you so much for your response. How I wish you can assist me on my LOE. I will be glad as many heads I believe are better than one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obehi44: 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

If this is the case and you wise to reapply for the visa, u need to apply for admission in the same course in the same school 2weeks after you have applied for the visa, u send a mail to the school telling them you have already applied for visa with the old admission letter but reapplying incase you don't get the visa b4 the resumption date on the old admission letter.. This way, the school will consider your application faster and issue u a new admission letter sooner...

Or

You apply for gcms note, as you wait for the notes apply for a new admission letter... once the note comes out, u tackle it on your Loe, apply with the same admission letter for your visa.. so that if u are yet to get the visa and your resumption date passes, you are not losing anything but waiting on the new admission letter which am sure won't take long to come out since u have applied b4 and gotten admission...

this is Wat I think but open to other possible suggestions

Thank you! I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
OptimusPrime21:
I have two questions,

Thanks...

1. I think you should check sites like (sky Scanner, jumia travels, Waka now.) for cheap airlines and you can also visit airlines sites.

2. Ontario is the province while Toronto is the city in Ontario where the airport is located so basically you will be landing at YYZ in Toronto where the airport is located. it just like MMA is in ikeja while ikeja is in Lagos state.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2019
You asked this question before and Qudkom told you you had already filled this before you got to the forms, but somehow you didn't believe him. Smh!

If you answered yes or no to some questions before you got to the main application portal, then you have filled the questionnaire.

Ayodeji787:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
I think visa was what you meant, not passport. Also, I don't think you'll be needing a visa because even if you leave the aeroplane, you won't be leaving the airport. You may only need an Irish visa if you're leaving the airport.

Please check Google for this. Also, you can ask this question here for better answer.

Nony1:

Thanks,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hi,
Please The High Commission is in Abuja, while the Deputy High Commission is in Lagos. Also, there isnt an actual address in your address. Something like this my be more appropriate:

The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos,
Nigeria.

Ibitowaoa:
The Visa Officer,
Canada High Commission,
Lagos, Nigeria.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2019
1. Try Skyscanner.
2. Try Ethiopian Airlines, download their application.
3. Do a Google search on routes, so you know where your POE is.

OptimusPrime21:
I have two questions,

Thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
This is the questionnaire, and it doesn't need to be printed. Yours is an online application and is different from a paper application. Stop confusing yourself as it's pretty straightforward. You have no business with printing anything from the cic website prior to submission of an online application.

Ayodeji787:

Cc Deane

That's how d stuff I filled was. Nothing about my academic background or work experience was asked. Please help. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
Bracha:
You asked this question before and Qudkom told you you had already filled this before you got to the forms, but somehow you didn't believe him. Smh!

If you answered yes or no to some questions before you got to the main application portal, then you have filled the questionnaire.

As in I don't understand! !!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Yes, Client information would contain additional documents you want to use in bolstering your application. Why are you including your WAEC result certificate? Was it a part of the required documents? In lieu of WAEC cert, I'd advise you submit documents to: prove you have a good home tie; prove you have adequate funds; prove you should be given the visa.

Good luck.

Ayodeji787:
Hello everyone, good morning.

Please in my online application, I have not seen a place where I will fill study permit questionnaire. All I'm seeing is only documents I will upload.

Please help me!

Please in that client information too, will it contain all my certificate like waec, bsc, transcript, police report, letter of explanation, etc? Thank you.

cc: @Qudkom and Bracha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hi, unfortunately I am not available to help you. Please throw the question out to everyone.

Good luck.

alao1981:
Hello Bracha, thanks for all the guidance. I was wondering if you are still available to help review SOP. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55