Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (868676 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
I sent a PM, please check

ugonnachimezie54:
people coming to Canada Ontario precisely, holla I could always be of help if you need any
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by benque: 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ggetter50:
Hello house,

Please, is there any school that doesn't required to have a supervisor for Msc admission and that also give scholarship?

For the past 2 months, I have been sending an email to various supervisors with no positive response. Some don't even reply.

I would appreciate any suggestion

M.Eng courses will suit you just fine. Since they are not thesis based, you do not need a supervisor. So search for schools offering M.Eng degrees in your field.

On the other hand, if you really want an MSc then I don't know if you can escape supervisors
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bukkie04(f): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
Good afternoon house, please i need a physical contact to obtain my transcript from OAU. That ext.ng is something else. I'll appreciate responses please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by holllowu: 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
That's where I applied to, have been waiting for them to give me a reply, have watched videos about the school, have also done a virtual tour...... I just hope I get admitted there
Austacus:

Shoot your question to me.
I will answer you in my convenient time.
Just to let you know, Algonquin college is a good, very big and sweet school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Evankc(m): 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
After medical passed , biometric correspondence letter then follow by final result . Why is final result taken much time or after correspondence letter are they still reviewing the applications again before they can release final result

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

If It were me... I would be visiting that fraudulent agent with the police......

I doubt if it would hold too much of a weight, but if it was a country were the system functions appropriately, the agent should have been sued.

Any news on your PP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mykhelz958: 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
saviola1:
pls am a graduate of Agricultural Engineering,graduated 2011 with 2:1 ,did my pg programme in civil Engineering and concluding my masters in civil Engineering next month , I would love to go for masters in mathematics in Canada, I really need some guidance pls (someone who can carry me along )
I have a cousin in Canada thou but I don't really think he can do much for me, I just want to do it myself pls ,graduated since 2011

Phd in civil engineering is your best story rn towards studying in canada. Get admission first

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OptimusPrime21: 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
JustMellow:

I doubt if it would hold too much of a weight, but if it was a country were the system functions appropriately, the agent should have been sued.

Any news on your PP?

Nothing at all... going there 2mao

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2019
Instagram Ugonnachimezie

shinaldo:

Can you share your contact details please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello Everyone.

Please, for those who have been accepted into Conestoga College, I'd like to know if IELTS or TOEFL exams are compulsory as I've not done any.

I'm about to apply for a course starting in September so I'd appreciate helpful details as soon as you possibly can.

I've sent emails and called the school but apparently, they're busy sorting out applications. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 3:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
It is not needed, go ahead with ur application..
Jitl:
Hello Everyone.

Please, for those who have been accepted into Conestoga College, I'd like to know if IELTS or TOEFL exams are compulsory as I've not done any.

I'm about to apply for a course starting in September so I'd appreciate helpful details as soon as you possibly can.

I've sent emails and called the school but apparently, they're busy sorting out applications. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by BTGbenga: 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello House, Pls anyone going to SAIT by fall 2019? Pls Chat me up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
makano:
It is not needed, go ahead with ur application..

Thanks makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ponomote:
Good evening guys, I applied to study in Conestoga College for a Post Graduate Certificate in Community and Social Service Management for Fall 2019 and Organization Management in Cambrian College also for Fall 2019. I have a Bsc in Economics and the reason for applying for a post graduate study is my inability to get a course for my MSC because of my poor CGPA though it's second class lower. I want to know my chances of being offered a place to study any of these in the colleges I applied to. And secondly, what are my chances of securing a student visa because I don't have a travel history. Funds for tuition, personal allowances are not a problem. My dad who's my sponsor has a very strong account balance. Please help me out.

Almost in the same situation, ponomote. I'm about applying to Conestoga.

Were you accepted with the poor CGPA?

Sent you a message. I'd appreciate if we could chat. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bennyg24(m): 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ggetter50:
Hello house,

Please, is there any school that doesn't required to have a supervisor for Msc admission and that also give scholarship?

For the past 2 months, I have been sending an email to various supervisors with no positive response. Some don't even reply.

I would appreciate any suggestion
university of Calgary and Ryerson university stated that you do not need a supervisor prior to application that you will be assigned one if admitted, but they encourage every applicant to contact potential supervisors as it gives you higher chance of securing admission and scholarship with a supervisor that accepted you, but it is not compulsory to do that. why not check their website and contact the program you want to apply to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dimeji1(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello House, i have three questions,

1. My brother waec result is not our yet, can he use online result to apply
2. Do we need to get police report when he is going for submission of document
3. is statement of account or fixed deposit enough as means of financial support for a parent? or do ineed to provide photo graph and others document to proof relationship with his parent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
Blema111:

Please I just gained admission into University of Windsor, Ontario with $16,000 funding. I need your assistance. My watsapp no is
My dear, you better take out your phone number ASAP, this is a public platform and so you need to be mindful of the kind of personal info you share here. Just my advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
@Blema111,
I guess you are asking how you can go about preparing your application for visa. Please, you would do well by going to the first page of this thread and you will find links to the answers you seek for such as "how to write SOP/LOE", " Documents you need to submit ", and etc. After reading up and you still have any question, then you can throw it up here for guidance. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
Evankc:
After medical passed , biometric correspondence letter then follow by final result . Why is final result taken much time or after correspondence letter are they still reviewing the applications again before they can release final result

Keep calm don't worry you are close.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
dimeji1:
Hello House, i have three questions,

1. My brother waec result is not our yet, can he use online result to apply
2. Do we need to get police report when he is going for submission of document
3. is statement of account or fixed deposit enough as means of financial support for a parent? or do ineed to provide photo graph and others document to proof relationship with his parent

1. Yes you can just scan a scratch card alongside so they can verify themselves.

2. Tou need police report when submitting the visa application.

3. Fixed deposit, savings, mutual benefit etc can be used. Just make sure it is from a verified financial body and you get a reference letter alongside.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
Jitl:
Hello Everyone.

No you don't need any english exams. So far your bsc transcript shows you took English courses(6credits) in the university or come from an English speaking country.

Lastly, I will advice you to make contingencies for January (winter admission) because you dont have time on your side and you have to confirm attendance by 1st of August. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by pak: 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello All,

I applied for an MEng degree in a school in Canada where it was stated that English Test scores are not mandatory at the point of application if your initial degrees were taught in English.

However the Grad studies dept just contacted me that my application will require a TOEFL result.

I requested for two weeks to take the result.

I want to know if it is possible for me to register, prepare and seat for the TOEFL exams and get the results sent to the school within two weeks.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
holllowu:
That's where I applied to, have been waiting for them to give me a reply, have watched videos about the school, have also done a virtual tour...... I just hope I get admitted there

Am in school now, if you can give me your full names or whatever number they gave you to check for an update, I will meet the registrar on your behalf to know the update of your application.

Will leave school in the next 1hr.

I only come to school on Saturdays and Sundays for my lectures but I have an appointment with my prof today.

Drop your names now if you can see this.
If you can't, I can help you with the registrar number and email address to reach her.

I've met the registrar before.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
Please anybody in Humber college now? Please very Urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
Austacus:
If memorial university of Newfoundland (MUN) is expensive regardless of whatever course of study then don't even think of studying in Canada or better look for a scholarship or funding.

My first term/semester Tuition fee is like 2 years (6 semesters) in MUN.

Lol I am just seeing this. I was shocked when the lady said MUN is expensive. She should come to colleges or Universities in Ontario and know wassup.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

Post graduate certificate...
Yes, but certainly not masters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
AyoPrudence:
If I may ask, does the birth certificate need to be notarized before uploading?
Not important
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
MUN19:
Well I’m not working currently that’s why I didn’t provide mine. Would I need to provide it?

How can I order for gcms note pls?
Are you going for post graduate or undergraduate course?
If you are going for post graduate, when did you round up your undergraduate course?
Who is your sponsor to you?
Out of the 10mill, how much is your sponsor putting towards your tuition/upkeep?
Your response to the above questions will determine my answer
NB: Above all, make sure your gcms file asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
saviola1:
pls am a graduate of Agricultural Engineering,graduated 2011 with 2:1 ,did my pg programme in civil Engineering and concluding my masters in civil Engineering next month , I would love to go for masters in mathematics in Canada, I really need some guidance pls (someone who can carry me along )
I have a cousin in Canada thou but I don't really think he can do much for me, I just want to do it myself pls ,graduated since 2011
From agricultural engineering (Bsc) to civil engineering (PGD and masters), now you want to go for masters in Mathematics. It will very hard to convince the vo(though nothing is impossible).
I would advise you go for PhD in civil engineering, with that you are almost certain to get TRV. Don't hide any of your degrees cos that will amount you trying to explain the gap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
JustMellow:

Any news on your PP?
That is if it was started that he used an agent. What most people do is use an agent and the agent applies as if it is the applicant that is applying . If it were to be a registered agent then he/she would have filled the "representative" and with that the applicant can fight his/her case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
Qudkom:

No you don't need any english exams. So far your bsc transcript shows you took English courses(6credits) in the university or come from an English speaking country.

Lastly, I will advice you to make contingencies for January (winter admission) because you dont have time on your side and you have to confirm attendance by 1st of August. Good luck.

Thanks Qudkom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.