Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (868697 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

The SOP must be coherent, concise, and all ideas should be supported with relevant details. Paragraphing must be used well and should reflect the following points:

Paragraph 1 : Describe your academic background briefly.
Paragraph 2 : The program of choice.
Paragraph 3 : Why the school in Canada.
Paragraph 4 : Why you choose Canada not Nigeria
Paragraph 5 : Financial support, how you intend to finance your studies in Canada without working.
Paragraph 6 : Future goals and prospects, What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you and translated to your home country in the near future.
Paragraph 7 : Home ties, what can compel your departure after authorized visit to Canada.

You should also explain why you're going for a PGD instead of a master's considering you graduated with a second class upper division (2.1) which makes you eligible for a master's program.
Can I state I am a director in the New company cos on the company papers my name is one of the directors
How will I go about the explanation of a pgd not a masters cos I wasn't able to secure one due too low cgpa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Zlatco: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
Please can someone assist
Zlatco:
Hello everyone,

Please for a banker applying for Canadian study permit, who is unable to get study leave from his/her bank, what other document can be used in place of that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Helenaira(f): 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2019
mcobex:
If it is the same visa office you did your biometric then you won't pay any money. Just walk in and submit your passport for stamp, you will have to leave it with them and they will get back to you when it's ready.
NB: After submitting your passport you can pay for courier service (if you know you won't be chanced to go back for your stamped passport when it's ready).
Congratulations!

Thanks for the timely response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kemmyk: 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
Plsss what can I do now, I submitted my online application last week without including sop...i just joined dis group and all am seeing is sop,sop,sop...plsss is there a way I can upload the sop into my application or is it too late now....plsss I need a response oooo fear don Dey catch me :- embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheAfrikan:
Good day,

Please Landed Folks, is there a particular range of funds you should have as BTA when you travel? And please even though it's been said before, please could you give POE tips for first time travellers (this is aside the 10k Dollars that you must declare)

@
Naijaforeigner
Bracha
Austacus

POE; your correspondence letter, letter of admission and SOA
Immigration officer may ask where would you stay? name of school, course and length of program.

Personally, I think I had about 3500 Canadian dollars cash on me on arriving Canada.
You don't need to have so much cash on you though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Zlatco:
Hello everyone,

Please for a banker applying for Canadian study permit, who is unable to get study leave from his/her bank, what other document can be used in place of that?
There is no document you can use to replace "study leave approval letter" but there are other documents you can use to support your claim of employment such as appointment letter, promotion letter, confirmation letter, payslip, salary account statement, and Staff ID card. These documents can equally support your application, we understand how difficult it is for some applicants to get study leave approval letter, probably because they want to keep their travel plan a secret from the office. Just get those documents and you will be fine with regards to proofing employment status.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nogen: 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
Congrats to everyone who has gotten their visas. Those who are still waiting, may God's favor smile on you too.

Please, I have a question. Does everyone who apply for a TRV get a correspondence letter on validity of biometrics?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
olamidemessi:
I wanna announce my approval
Delay indeed isn't denial .
My application was almost a year old. I applied with Reference/investment letter as proof of fund.
Until God sent Austacus my way . This dude took his time to peruse my GCMS note . Most importantly , he advised that I liquidate my investment sum as embassy is more interested in liquid funds. At first , I was reluctant until Austacus gave me reasons .
After the liquidating , dude put me through a lot and now it's a Passport request .
God bless you Bro and God bless you other gurus doing great in this forum .

@Austacus @Austacus @Austacus
How many times I call you ? May you never lack , may you always find favour when needed Bro .
In all, give thanks to God almighty .
Wow! Congrats bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

As per the bolded, your sponsor is gainfully and should present the following documents with your application;

1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Affidavit of Sponsorship
3. Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment
4. Pay slips for the past 4 months.
5. Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
6. Copy of Sponsor's international passport
7. Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account.
8. Copy of Sponsor’s landed property
9. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of Sponsor’s landed property
10. Shares or Investment account (Like T/bills) (if any)
11. Promotion letters
12. Salary increment letter etc..
What documents will I Provide like for myself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
kemmyk:
Plsss what can I do now, I submitted my online application last week without including sop...i just joined dis group and all am seeing is sop,sop,sop...plsss is there a way I can upload the sop into my application or is it too late now....plsss I need a response oooo fear don Dey catch me :- embarassed
It is not late yet, you can still write your SOP and send it through the webform. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
Nogen:
Congrats to everyone who has gotten their visas. Those who are still waiting, may God's favor smile on you too.

Please, I have a question. Does everyone who apply for a TRV get a correspondence letter on validity of biometrics?

It doesn't matter if you get approved or not.it is a default mail received by every applicant. It should ideally come after biometrics.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

POE; your correspondence letter, letter of admission and SOA
Immigration officer may ask where would you stay? name of school, course and length of program.

Personally, I think I had about 3500 Canadian dollars cash on me on arriving Canada.
You don't need to have so much cash on you though.

Thank you.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
olamidemessi:
I wanna announce my approval
Delay indeed isn't denial .
My application was almost a year old. I applied with Reference/investment letter as proof of fund.
Until God sent Austacus my way . This dude took his time to peruse my GCMS note . Most importantly , he advised that I liquidate my investment sum as embassy is more interested in liquid funds. At first , I was reluctant until Austacus gave me reasons .
After the liquidating , dude put me through a lot and now it's a Passport request .
God bless you Bro and God bless you other gurus doing great in this forum .

@Austacus @Austacus @Austacus
How many times I call you ? May you never lack , may you always find favour when needed Bro .
In all, give thanks to God almighty .
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mfondara: 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
Good evening people. Please I'm new here. I got admission into Fanshawe College, London ON for combined programs...2 PGCs in Supply Chain Management and Operations Management. The admission letter states that start of program is Jan 2020 and End of program is April 2021. I would like to know:
1) Number of years my Student visa is going to be.

2) In case there people who have taken the course before or who are taking it now, how many PGWP will one get after completing the two PGCs.

Kindly help me.
lassky:
Boss, I am in London too. We fit don jam for mall or restaurant make we no know grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Zlatco:
Please can someone assist
a letter of introduction from your company, your employment letter(promotion letter if you have any), work ID card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
kemmyk:
You can send it to their email address, make sure you mention your application details. Check CIC website for the email address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by RafaNadal: 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
Any UBC Prospective students here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nogen: 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
Qudkom:

It doesn't matter if you get approved or not.it is a default mail received by every applicant. It should ideally come after biometrics.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OptimusPrime21: 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
Helenaira:

Pls what are the process for submission of passport after PPR and how much is the fee to be paid over there in total.

No fee.. it's free... just go and drop submit your passport with the passport request letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OptimusPrime21: 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
kemmyk:

Huh.... pls u need to write an sop... and yes it's not late... u can send via email or webform

These are the emails you can send to cic through... u must state your application number, UCI Number, full name and date of birth..seeing what u are send in very vital, I advise u send several times till u get an acknowledgement of the mail

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca-Londomn visa office

LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca or lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca-Lagos visa office

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca- kenya visa office

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OptimusPrime21: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2019
So many peeps here have gotten their TRV without submitting any SOP.. Its very possible to get ur Visa without an SOP, but that doesn't take away the importance of an SOP.. So u can still submit it if u wanna submit, after all its not a crime.. Peace
kemmyk:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
kemmyk:

Worry no more, many have acquired their visas without including an SOP/LOE with their application. You only include an SOP with your application on the basis that you've something very crucial to clarify to the visa officer. I don't think you not including one will jeopardize your chances of getting an approval. Brace up and hope for the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
Phatkings:

What documents will I Provide like for myself

I'll have to redirect you to my previous post LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kishkosh: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

Nothing at all... going there 2mao

Okay bro, all the best , Kindly update us on the outcome tomorrow Sir, i submitted on the 27th .

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheAfrikan:
Good day,

Please Landed Folks, is there a particular range of funds you should have as BTA when you travel? And please even though it's been said before, please could you give POE tips for first time travellers (this is aside the 10k Dollars that you must declare)

@
Naijaforeigner
Bracha
Austacus

check my previous post, you will find the list of possible QUESTIONS AND DOCUMENTS THAT MIGHT BE ASKED AT THE POINT OF ENTRY INTO CANADA

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kishkosh: 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
Guys, any uottawa student or student of any school close to Uottawa resuming by September ?
Kindly signify pls. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OB411(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello house greetings to all.

Big ups to all the kind hearted peeps helping to increase the success story.

I need advise on how I can tie my dad's property to me as per home tie to Nigeria. It's a 5bedroom duplex with BQ serving as a rental property.

What document(s) do I have to add to the existing house document to make a strong case.

I was thinking transfer of ownership, then I was thinking maybe I should just say I manage the property for him as his only son.

Let me add I got rejected on the grounds of purpose of visit, home ties to Canada and country of residence and travel history. Looking back my sop was weak seeing all the information out here.

I have already put in for the gcms notes and expecting it by 14th, just preparing the needed document to tackle reason for rejection, which is why I have asked.

Also I have put together a detailed LOE which I will edit guided by the gcms note when it arrives and won't mind if the guru's here can help look at what I have already put together.

@frankrobbn1 @makana @Qudkom anyone available ?

All suggestions welcome.

For those helping out, may God bless you.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Concate(f): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello good people, any Fanshawe college admission holder in the house? Pls I want to know if u can defer your admission if u are denied visa. Kindly respond if you know.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 11:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
Phatkings:

Can I state I am a director in the New company cos on the company papers my name is one of the directors
How will I go about the explanation of a pgd not a masters cos I wasn't able to secure one due too low cgpa

You can specifically discuss about your goal of becoming an expert in your chosen field of study and re-emphasize that a PGD in global business management is the only pathway to achieve your set goals and a successful career in the lucrative field of business. You can also mention, that your previous degree in accounting didn't qualify you for a master's in business administration and a college post graduate diploma in Canada covers the limited curriculum you had at your undergraduate level. Go further by stating that a college PGD is more detailed and focused on vocational training and will provide you a solid foundation needed to further your Master's in business administration program in the near future. In all, a PGD in global business management is the only way to horn your skills and better yourself.

Please this is just a guide, you can add more logical points to it and make the letter appear very persuasive as possible.

Best of luck dude;

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
OB411:
Hello house greetings to all.

Big ups to all the kind hearted peeps helping to increase the success story.

I need advise on how I can tie my dad's property to me as per home tie to Nigeria. It's a 5bedroom duplex with BQ serving as a rental property.

What document(s) do I have to add to the existing house document to make a strong case.

I was thinking transfer of ownership, then I was thinking maybe I should just say I manage the property for him as his only son.

Let me add I got rejected on the grounds of purpose of visit, home ties to Canada and country of residence and travel history. Looking back my sop was weak seeing all the information out here.

I have already put in for the gcms notes and expecting it by 14th, just preparing the needed document to tackle reason for rejection, which is why I have asked.

Also I have put together a detailed LOE which I will edit guided by the gcms note when it arrives and won't mind if the guru's here can help look at what I have already put together.

@frankrobbn1 @makana @Qudkom anyone available ?

All suggestions welcome.

For those helping out, may God bless you.

Cheers!

Father should transfer the property and term it a * GIFT DEED* in consideration of the love and affection he has for you and that the gift is irrevocable and have no claim whatsoever on the said gifted property. This document must be certified, signed by witnesses from both parties and must bear an official signature, seal and address of the solicitor that prepared the deed.

Please kindly a minute of your time to read through my previous post, you will find where I discussed HOW YOU CAN CONVINCE THE VISA OFFICER THAT YOU'RE A BONAFIDE APPLICANT with genuine intent to study and depart Canada after authorized visit.

Best of luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kvbenjamin44(f): 12:21am On Jun 07, 2019
hello!!!! I need help please
I tried to link my paper application online yet its showing no information
I tried to track it
it's showing no records found.
what could be the reason and what can I do
I applied since on 14 May
paper route
study visa
lagos state

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.