Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (864997 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Clara2244(f): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2018
Please and please again don't waste your hard earned money on any firm, i bet you they are even worse in terms of getting information or being informed on how you can put together a tight application. I initially wanted to go through them but after they took a huge deposit from me they were unable to get me admission in the institution i want, which made me decide to do it on my own. Please start by researching schools that offer the program you wish to study, email them to get their list of requirements, get the requirements and apply. The visa process looks tedious but its not that bad, ask questions on the forum for the gurus to help you. You will be happy you did it yourself las las.
ontarioissauga:

Pay them but be sure they will be there for you. It is hard to get hold of them after payment. So be wise!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 26, 2018
Clara2244:
Please and please again don't waste your hard earned money on any firm, i bet you they are even worse in terms of getting information or being informed on how you can put together a tight application. I initially wanted to go through them but after they took a huge deposit from me they were unable to get me admission in the institution i want, which made me decide to do it on my own. Please start by researching schools that offer the program you wish to study, email them to get their list of requirements, get the requirements and apply. The visa process looks tedious but its not that bad, ask questions on the forum for the gurus to help you. You will be happy you did it yourself las las.
Nice comments to a wrong person.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Clara2244(f): 10:27am On Oct 26, 2018
Please if you already have a degree go for something higher like a PGD or even Masters it more credible. Am telling you now cos you haven't applied yet is not like those that applied with a diploma or another bsc dont get their visas but cos its helps eliminate doubts of you being a genuine student.
Chocho4real:

Yeah college of rockies and Seneca colleges. A diploma program for 2years.. Though am a graduate. Dunno if English proficiency is needed?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Clara2244(f): 10:35am On Oct 26, 2018
sorry i was actually referring to the guy that guy chocho4real
ontarioissauga:

Nice comments to a wrong person.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 10:50am On Oct 26, 2018
Deedyvn:
Good morning gurus.
I just got a rejection letter this morning. (second rejection)
I applied online. 13th Oct and got refused 26th Oct
Reasons are
1.travel history
2. Family ties in Canada and home country
3.purpose of visit.

MY PROFILE
Online 13th oct
Masters program at TRU
Sponsor - uncle
Sponsor statement of account with 6million naira closing balance,.
Sponsor treasury bills statement
Sponsor has a stock value of 51,754,630.35 with proof.
Sponsor employment letter
Sponsor payslip
Sponsor sponsorship letter
Affidavit /proof of relationship of sponsor
Sponsor data page passport
Birth certificate of his son. Because his properties carries his son's name.

Family ties
Mum photo
Brother photo
And my photo.
My brothers birth certificate
Consent letter from mum.
My birth certificate.

My doc's
1. Admission letter from TRU. With 7800CD paid.
2. transcript
3. Nysc cert
4. Waec
5. Data page
6. Statement of Intent 2page and half. I explained why my uncle is sponsoring me. And that's bcoz my dad is late and he has been my sponsor ever since.
7. Bsc cert
8. Ielts result. 5.5 band.
9. IMM forms.

MY PROGRAM IS STARTING IN JANUARY.

Please guys what do you suggest I do. Am really confused because I don't want my uncle to change his mind cos of all the stress. Help a sister with suggestions please. Thanks alot and God bless you all.

PS. On my first application which was paper route. I used my main sponsor (uncle) who's a citizen of Canada. When I got denied bcoz of family ties there, he then ask one of my uncle here in Nigeria to sponsor me this time. So this second application is another uncle. But all same surname and all.

Please advice. ��.

Sorry for the delay
Order for your GCMS note.
Did you order for GCMS note in your first refusal?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
Austacus:

Brother, if you know the kind of mental or psychological stress IRCC is putting on us then you will understand why nobody has that time to guide you privately. (we have been waiting like forever, in fact, I personally, am feeling forgotten)
[/b]Please if you've gotten your visa, kindly help some of these folks.[b]
Plssss

Although you can ask your question here (people will surely guild you)
Please ask your question.

Bless up

Yes many people are willing to help but people need to also put in work. Some people don't even want to research about schools, don't want to read, who will do all of that for them? I mean you should be the one to search for schools you want to attend yourself.

Canada student visa has to be the most demanding process I have ever experienced in my life. The admission takes work, application even takes greater work and waiting for your visa to be stamped takes another work on your patience. If you are not prepared for it, then don't try atall. I also heard studying in Canada is very demanding, so lets get used to it before we travel to Canada.

For all those just coming on here, I think you should read part 14 (1-30). Then to make life easy, Search for 5 people who shared their success stories and take a note of all the documents they submitted and also look for another 5 people that got delayed and learn from them. In that way, you will get an idea of all you need and what you don't need.

In addition, search for these monikers jnyuwa02 and frankrobbn1, click on their name and then click on view jnyuwa02 posts (I recommend searching for post between June and August), trust me, you will get all the information you need about anything canada. There is no question you are asking now that these guys have not answered previously. This makes your ressearch easy. Good luck.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
Whats up people?
How is the applications going?
Nigeria is in a bad shape right now, more reasons everyone wants to travel.
How about we put heads together and work for the good of this country and we all stay here?
I am not discouraging anyone who wants to travel, but if we all leave , who stays back ad make Nigeria Great again?

I remember when i applied for Visa in 2017, VFS was empty from start to finish of my applying and submission, i remember going to as the security man if there was anyother VFS Canada?, He said No. This was at silver bird Abuja.
In 2018, I was there with someone to apply, and we were there at about 7.30am, we went upstairs and we took our number, we were number 75, I went berserk, It was crazy, though that was in May/June, quite understandable.
The numbers hasn't reduced now, as the craze for travel has sniffed from US to Canada..... Sincerely , lets stay back and build Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Linzo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2018
Austacus:

Sorry for the delay
Please forget this order GCMS and brainstorm whàt next and how to package the next application. This guys are just purposely refusing Nigerians Visa and you're their asking him to order GMCS, please if you don't have any comment keep mute
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2018
vibrant99:
Whats up people?
How is the applications going?
Nigeria is in a bad shape right now, more reasons everyone wants to travel.
How about we put heads together and work for the good of this country and we all stay here?
I am not discouraging anyone who wants to travel, but if we all leave , who stays back ad make Nigeria Great again?

I remember when i applied for Visa in 2017, VFS was empty from start to finish of my applying and submission, i remember going to as the security man if there was anyother VFS Canada?, He said No. This was at silver bird Abuja.
In 2018, I was there with someone to apply, and we were there at about 7.30am, we went upstairs and we took our number, we were number 75, I went berserk, It was crazy, though that was in May/June, quite understandable.
The numbers hasn't reduced now, as the craze for travel has sniffed from US to Canada..... Sincerely , lets stay back and build Nigeria.

lol... why are you preaching this message now? why did you go to VFS yourself? you went for tourism grin

How about we all go to Canada, UK, Germany, USA and then we come back and make Nigeria work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2018
Linzo:

Please forget this order GCMS and brainstorm whàt next and how to package the next application. This guys are just purposely refusing Nigerians Visa and you're their asking him to order GMCS, please if you don't have any comment keep mute

easy bro, easy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
The best advice was what he just gave this person, take your frustrations elsewhere or better still take some STEW, GCMNOTES is madly and very Important in this case,... don't derail people.

Linzo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
The applications at the Canadian Embassy right now, Is relly really too much, it affects the number of Approvals.

Nigerians behave like cows to pastures, I remember ESTONIA, until they messed the place up.

Naijaforeigner:

lol... why are you preaching this message now? why did you go to VFS yourself? you went for tourism grin

How about we all go to Canada, UK, Germany, USA and then we come back and make Nigeria work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2018
vibrant99:
The best advice was what he just gave this person, take your frustrations elsewhere or better still take some STEW, GCMNOTES is madly and very Important in this case,... don't derail people.

Not all comments need to respond to. We need to ignore certain individuals on this forum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2018
Firstly its not GMCS, its GCMS . Also take note that GCMS note is very important whether you like it or not. Its true this Vos do not favor Nigerian applicants, but at the same time we have peeps that have gotten their approval on this part. Please do not derail peeps here, if GCMS didnt work for you, it will work for someone else. Peace
Linzo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2018
Linzo:

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you didn’t just say that.

I’m sure you didn’t mean for that statement to be rude/intrusive/inappropriate, but that’s how it sounded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Linzo(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
Austacus:

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you didn’t just say that.

I’m sure you didn’t mean for that statement to be rude/intrusive/inappropriate, but that’s how it sounded.

Free that thing abegi!! Who GCMS help? Can't you see the guys profile? I noticed some persons are here not to provide any logical solution but to always comment "order for gcms' that's all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MeinKampf: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2018
Linzo:

Free that thing abegi!! Who GCMS help? Can't you see the guys profile? I noticed some persons are here not to provide any logical solution but to always comment "order for gcms' that's all
can you just stop venting your frustration on this thread? Provide your logical solution and don't mislead people on the thread. Stop acting like a tout

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2018
It's okay guy...it has do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Linzo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2018
MeinKampf:

can you just stop venting your frustration on this thread? Provide your logical solution and don't mislead people on the thread. Stop acting like a tout
Abeg you do not insult me OK, how are my misleading people? That all you can comment is order for gcms only? If you may know I have help ten's of persons in this thread in their application. Even when I will recommend applicant for gcms I will deal with the refusal ground first and thereafter recommend for the order for gcms.
I don't just see an applicant who got refusal and all I will comment is " order for gcms " Very bad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2018
Linzo:

Abeg you do not insult me OK, how are my misleading people? That all you can comment is order for gcms only? If you may know I have help ten's of persons in this thread in their application. Even when I will recommend applicant for gcms I will deal with the refusal ground first and thereafter recommend for the order for gcms.
I don't just see an applicant who got refusal and all I will comment is " order for gcms " Very bad
Even after the gcms note is ordered, they still can't profer solutions to assist the person. TRV fever with STEW
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2018
Guys is it ok to use one way when travelling on a Canadian study visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2018
Deedyvn:
Good morning gurus.
I just got a rejection letter this morning. (second rejection)
I applied online. 13th Oct and got refused 26th Oct
Reasons are
1.travel history
2. Family ties in Canada and home country
3.purpose of visit.

MY PROFILE
Online 13th oct
Masters program at TRU
Sponsor - uncle
Sponsor statement of account with 6million naira closing balance,.
Sponsor treasury bills statement
Sponsor has a stock value of 51,754,630.35 with proof.
Sponsor employment letter
Sponsor payslip
Sponsor sponsorship letter
Affidavit /proof of relationship of sponsor
Sponsor data page passport
Birth certificate of his son. Because his properties carries his son's name.

Family ties
Mum photo
Brother photo
And my photo.
My brothers birth certificate
Consent letter from mum.
My birth certificate.

My doc's
1. Admission letter from TRU. With 7800CD paid.
2. transcript
3. Nysc cert
4. Waec
5. Data page
6. Statement of Intent 2page and half. I explained why my uncle is sponsoring me. And that's bcoz my dad is late and he has been my sponsor ever since.
7. Bsc cert
8. Ielts result. 5.5 band.
9. IMM forms.

MY PROGRAM IS STARTING IN JANUARY.

Please guys what do you suggest I do. Am really confused because I don't want my uncle to change his mind cos of all the stress. Help a sister with suggestions please. Thanks alot and God bless you all.

PS. On my first application which was paper route. I used my main sponsor (uncle) who's a citizen of Canada. When I got denied bcoz of family ties there, he then ask one of my uncle here in Nigeria to sponsor me this time. So this second application is another uncle. But all same surname and all.

Please advice. ��.

put some good monet in your own account wen applying next time...mame it comes from your uncle's accout if possible highlight it on both SOA...and try show a form of educational support-relationship especially on your uncles sponsor letter...As for home ties i never knew such until i came here...but i know i tried to show commitments to some certain projects and my dad's company....so prepare a very well detailed Statement of intent not necessary very long one...mine was barely a page these guys dnt have patience to red a novel..be precise and just make your letter explain and collaborate all ur documents and objective as a student..wish u the best..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2018
henricson:
Guys is it ok to use one way when travelling on a Canadian study visa?

ONE WAY IS FINE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2018
Senatorkolade:

ONE WAY IS FINE

Alright boss!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deedyvn: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
Agbons101:

put some good monet in your own account wen applying next time...mame it comes from your uncle's accout if possible highlight it on both SOA...and try show a form of educational support-relationship especially on your uncles sponsor letter...As for home ties i never knew such until i came here...but i know i tried to show commitments to some certain projects and my dad's company....so prepare a very well detailed Statement of intent not necessary very long one...mine was barely a page these guys dnt have patience to red a novel..be precise and just make your letter explain and collaborate all ur documents and objective as a student..wish u the best..

Okay. Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chocho4real(m): 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
Clara2244:
Please if you already have a degree go for something higher like a PGD or even Masters it more credible. Am telling you now cos you haven't applied yet is not like those that applied with a diploma or another bsc dont get their visas but cos its helps eliminate doubts of you being a genuine student.

You the best. You won't blame me for actually trying to settle down for diploma courses. Am only trying to cut cost/corners and at same time avoid English proficiency. Graduated since Oct 2011, from a state university, only u have statement of result. No cert. No transcript.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deedyvn: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
Austacus:

Sorry for the delay

Thanks bro. No I didn't order for gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
A wise person once said "once beaten twice shy". I think a word is enough for the wise. Use ur "church/Mosque" mind to judge if you need GCMS note or not.

Deedyvn:

Thanks bro. No I didn't order for gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2018
Lolz... Niaja

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2018
042viber12:
Lolz... Niaja
Very funny and true , our president has sold us out like slaves
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MeinKampf: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2018
Linzo:

you are still misleading people. Don't tell people not to order GCMS, simple.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2018
Some people argue that they did not order for the GCMS notes and re-pllied, they got an approval. It is possible because what VO A saw as unreasonable in your entire profile may make a lot of sense to another VO B but this scenario is one out of ten.
GCMS allows you to know the mind of the VO that treated your file no matter how generic it is but the choice is in the applicant whether to order for it or rush to reapply like that.
NOBODY IS FORCING ANYBODY TO ORDER IT. MIND YOU, THE $5 YOU WILL PAY ONLY GOES TO THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT AND NOT ME. SO I HAVE NO INTEREST IN IT. BIKO!

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.