Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865148 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 12:39am On Oct 27, 2018
adhel90:
Gurus in the house, please i need your assistance. I posted on the thread earlier about my study permit denial and the reason was purpose. While reading through the thread, I learnt about Sop and LOE which I didn't include in my previous application. I have been able to defer my admission to february. So I want to reapply for the visa but I need advice on how to repackage well to avoid denial again... please help a sister

sorry for the little setback...You need to write a letter explaining alot of things ...like answering questions if you were having an interview....SOP/LOE . I got to understand it is a very important letter that will make whoever is processing you permit understand some not so obvious aspects of the documents u submited and also an avenue to connect your sponsor, course, education level, choice of school, reasons for a change in field, connect ur present job description to ur desire to study abroad...etc ,then make sure the school aspect of your application is well package, from tuition to ...then download the visa application check list for guidance...wish you the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tosan28: 12:42am On Oct 27, 2018
jnyuwa02:

First two weeks of September was still London.

September ending too London
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 12:44am On Oct 27, 2018
Deedyvn:

Okay. Thanks alot
you are welcome... see you at TRU..!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tosan28: 12:57am On Oct 27, 2018
Clara2244:
Please and please again don't waste your hard earned money on any firm, i bet you they are even worse in terms of getting information or being informed on how you can put together a tight application. I initially wanted to go through them but after they took a huge deposit from me they were unable to get me admission in the institution i want, which made me decide to do it on my own. Please start by researching schools that offer the program you wish to study, email them to get their list of requirements, get the requirements and apply. The visa process looks tedious but its not that bad, ask questions on the forum for the gurus to help you. You will be happy you did it yourself las las.

I used soldiers to get my money from those thieves. EWC. Close to 11months. Gave me fake admission in June. Called the school U of Regina and was told they hadn't issued admission yet and can see my profile but application fee hasn't been paid. After paying them. This was six months after by the way. First of all, I never asked for that school, secondly, never said I wanted another Bsc. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by voguemum: 3:08am On Oct 27, 2018
Hi fam, I want to appreciate everyone on this thread for their contributions. I've been to the first page but still think I should table my question. My sister will be sitting for her WAEC and JAMB exams next year and planning on applying to one of the universities in canada but we have no idea on how to go about the process and when to start. All seniors in the house, kindly assist in the steps and estimated cost if possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:40am On Oct 27, 2018
hey guys ,how are y'all coping up ?
so last week I was writing my SOP and a friend of mine a suggested we donate blood on the weekend and so we did.
only to find out I am HVB positive (hepatitis B ).
funny thing Is I pride myself in being we'll informed on stuff , yet I didn't know about hepatitis and stuff. hearing this kinda news in the midst of my study abroad preparation is both painful and motivating in a way .
my original plans were to apply to Canada ( I like Canada way more the the USA) but due to this unfortunate circumstance I have to apply to usa schools instead .
there is no medical test for f1 visa so I guess its a good thing .
I wonder if there are applicants with a medical cases but still got their TRV approved .
anyway I just wanted to let y'all know this and be a support to anybody who can relate.
peace!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by adhel90: 6:10am On Oct 27, 2018
Agbons101:

sorry for the little setback...You need to write a letter explaining alot of things ...like answering questions if you were having an interview....SOP/LOE . I got to understand it is a very important letter that will make whoever is processing you permit understand some not so obvious aspects of the documents u submited and also an avenue to connect your sponsor, course, education level, choice of school, reasons for a change in field, connect ur present job description to ur desire to study abroad...etc ,then make sure the school aspect of your application is well package, from tuition to ...then download the visa application check list for guidance...wish you the best.

Thank you Soo much...asides the SOP, is there anything else I need to do and also if I'm reapplying will I still be called for biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kylexy61(m): 6:33am On Oct 27, 2018
eastafro:
so last week I was writing my SOP and a friend of mine a suggested we donate blood on the weekend and so we did.
funny thing Is I pride myself in being we'll informed on stuff , yet I didn't know about hepatitis and stuff. hearing this kinda news in the midst of my study abroad preparation is both painful and motivating in a way .
my original plans were to apply to Canada ( I like Canada way more the the USA) but due to this unfortunate circumstance I have to apply to usa schools instead .
I wonder if there are applicants with a medical cases but still got their TRV approved .
anyway I just wanted to let y'all know this and be a support to anybody who can relate.
peace!

It may not be all doom and gloom. Back in April, in response to several outcries from the public, CIC relaxed their rules regarding medical inadmissibilty.

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/04/canada-revises-controversial-medical-inadmissibility-rules-for-immigrants-0410513.html#gs.PBa9hTE

So its very possible that you may still get your TRV approved.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AyoBrightBoy: 7:01am On Oct 27, 2018
kylexy61:

It may not be all doom and gloom. Back in April, in response to several outcries from the public, CIC relaxed their rules regarding medical inadmissibilty.

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/04/canada-revises-controversial-medical-inadmissibility-rules-for-immigrants-0410513.html#gs.PBa9hTE

But the link you posted referred to "immigrants"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bodmillz: 7:16am On Oct 27, 2018
Hi guys!

Looking to share a two bedroom apartment with a very clean, decent, non-smoker guy/girl coming to montreal or already in montreal starting January 2019. Apartment is semi-furnished (stove and refrigerator included) and comes with all utilities (electricity, heater and hot water) except internet. The building has laundry room and also an outdoor pool to enjoy during summer grin. It's located in Pierrefonds.

If you meet the stated xtics, please signify.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 27, 2018
kylexy61:

yeah i read it is possible but still i have to convince the VO that i wont be a burden to the canadian public health care system on top of my will to return back home after i finish school. thats one more issue i have to deal with as compared to other applicants so.
maybe i will apply for both US and canada and see how it goes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 8:45am On Oct 27, 2018
Linzo:

Could you just provide a simple solution to the poster? Not insult OK. Look at the generic grounds and provide one possible solution, well I don't engage animals

Somebody applied the first time, he got refused. He rushed to apply using almost the same profile with a different but similar sponsor, he was refused. If you have an analytical skill, you would have known that her failure to get the grip of the real and actual VOs refusal reasons and concerns was responsible for the second refusal. And you want us to give her a blank advice on the second generic reason to go and re-apply for the third time. HABA! WE GO SCHOOL NOW.
Don't push this sister to another refusal which will not be her portion again by God's grace.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Linzo(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2018
Chocho4real:
how do I do that pls? I just need to speak with someone to put carry me along pls.. I almost paid a firm with the name EWC to begin a process for me, until i said no, I can do these things myself if i start researching using Naira land and here i'm
Get in touch with me I will guide you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Linzo(m): 9:04am On Oct 27, 2018
Senatorkolade:

Somebody applied the first time, he got refused. He rushed to apply using almost the same profile with a different but similar sponsor, he was refused. If you have an analytical skill, you would have known that her failure to get the grip of the real and actual VOs refusal reasons and concerns was responsible for the second refusal. And you want us to give her a blank advice on the second generic reason to go and re-apply for the third time. HABA! WE GO SCHOOL NOW.
Don't push this sister to another refusal which will not be her portion again by God's grace.
Did you provide solution to her in the first refusal? And she followed your steps and got rejected again? No!! I'm not against anyone ordering for gcms I'm only frowning to some people who will be the first to comment in every refusal "order for gcms" without any reasonable input in salvaging the applicant's plight. That's my point.

Whenever somebody who got refusal comes here with pains we should try provide some leverage points to the person to get relief and thereafter we could encourage him or her to order gcms for details, not just saying "order for gcms" its not good at all

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Success2019: 9:30am On Oct 27, 2018
Hi guys
I plan on reapplying very soon
I wanted to follow the online route but my supporting documents is too much and passes the 4mb limit
Which route do you advise me to follow?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 10:17am On Oct 27, 2018
Success2019:
Hi guys
I plan on reapplying very soon
I wanted to follow the online route but my supporting documents is too much and passes the 4mb limit
Which route do you advise me to follow?

Use the following online tools to shrink and compress your PDF file.
www.ilovepdf.com
Pdfcompressor.com
smallpdf.com

Or if you use table scanner, if you set your scanning speed to like 75pdi, there is no way you will exceed 4mb.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 10:28am On Oct 27, 2018
Guy, I understand u now, ur problem is that u are not comfortable when after rejection someone suggest GCMS note.

Maybe u should try to ignore and offer ur own advice, however an telling u this from experience the only logic step after a refusal is GCMS note request.

So, bros no vex u have to understand that over time many people on this forum has agreed that GCMS note is the way to go.

Linzo:

Did you provide solution to her in the first refusal? And she followed your steps and got rejected again? No!! I'm not against anyone ordering for gcms I'm only frowning to some people who will be the first to comment in every refusal "order for gcms" without any reasonable input in salvaging the applicant's plight. That's my point.

Whenever somebody who got refusal comes here with pains we should try provide some leverage points to the person to get relief and thereafter we could encourage him or her to order gcms for details, not just saying "order for gcms" its not good at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by samwheel(m): 10:57am On Oct 27, 2018
Guys pls, aw can I book an appointment online??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 11:32am On Oct 27, 2018
adhel90:

Thank you Soo much...asides the SOP, is there anything else I need to do and also if I'm reapplying will I still be called for biometrics?

you wont be required to give another biometrics, go to the first page of this thread...there are pointers there...will send you a mail and attach the check list i used.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 11:32am On Oct 27, 2018
samwheel:
Guys pls, aw can I book an appointment online??
wat appointment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2018
voguemum:
Hi fam, I want to appreciate everyone on this thread for their contributions. I've been to the first page but still think I should table my question. My sister will be sitting for her WAEC and JAMB exams next year and planning on applying to one of the universities in canada but we have no idea on how to go about the process and when to start. All seniors in the house, kindly assist in the steps and estimated cost if possible.

Good you are planning early,start now! firstly...go online and find a school with the course she wants to study..google will help, its very easy. the school website will direct u on how to apply.. once she has her o level result out she can apply and when admitted pay tuition fee...an average of 15k canadian dollar per semester (undergraduate)...depending on the course...then you can apply for a student visa which is the main work...then you can come for more info..because i am sure alot might have change before she is ready.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 11:57am On Oct 27, 2018
eastafro:
peace!
dont think you should stop ur canada study permit application. ..Hepatitis B is treatable and easily treated if not sever...see a good doc get urself treated and continue with your application...dnt be scared of the Canadian medical examination, dnt develop high BP... check the website and see what test and examinations that will be done...not everybody dat gets a Canadian visa is healthy or free from disease...they are just particulate about some few which i think hepatitis B isnt included..goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2018
If you want to re-apply for study permit for winter resumption, I will advise you go for paper route. Some online applications are being taken to faster Nairobi now because of some welfare or other technical issues London is having now which I hope will be resolved in the next two weeks after which those online applicants may go back to London. Who know that by the time you submit your application, London office would be back and your application may experience a delay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
Senatorkolade:
If you want to re-apply for study permit for winter resumption, I will advise you go for paper route. Some online applications are being taken to faster Nairobi now because of some welfare or other technical issues London is having now which I hope will be resolved in the next two weeks after which those online applicants may go back to London. Who know that by the time you submit your application, London office would be back and your application may experience a delay.

July and August has already been on delay....pls Lord, November should be our month...we have suffered enough by waiting and being patient

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kylexy61(m): 4:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
eastafro:

yeah i read it is possible but still i have to convince the VO that i wont be a burden to the canadian public health care system on top of my will to return back home after i finish school. thats one more issue i have to deal with as compared to other applicants so.
maybe i will apply for both US and canada and see how it goes

Yeah, fair enough. I get your point.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by samwheel(m): 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2018
Agbons101:

wat appointment?
They said u have to make an appointment b4 submitting ur documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kylexy61(m): 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
AyoBrightBoy:

But the link you posted referred to "immigrants"

Yeah. Similar medical inadmissibility rules are applied to immigrants and TRV applicants. As long as you do medicals in your application, it's going to go through the same review process regardless of the type of Visa. I even have reason to believe CIC may be more lenient with TRV applicants since they are staying for a shorter duration. That's just my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
Agbons101:

prayer without work is failure guaranteed...please dont just say that to someone that just said he/she didnt include one of the most important document as we all know...this is missleading! people get visa without even praying or fasting, as Christians yes we should put God first but that doesnt mean we should keep doing thesame thing again wen we can do better...
Your believe will work for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hi All,

Please can anyone confirm if webform (CSE) is fine now.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jdhills: 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2018
good guyz! my question would be succinct..... I just want to ask about the others things one can start doing after successfully applying for a graduate degree. Have heard about upfront medicals, but i dont no how to go about it. am open to all views.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 6:12pm On Oct 27, 2018
Senatorkolade:

Boss I sent you a Pm. Please kindly respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jdhills: 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2018
Austacus:

Police clearance is needed and it should be attached in your application
And for the medical, if you go for the upfront medical, they will give you a slip showing you’ve done your medical. So the slip should be attached with your application. If you didn’t do upfront medical after applying for your visa, you’ve got to wait for medical letter to drop.
can i ask how one can apply for upfront medicals pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.