Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (863075 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Graceee: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
Fram:
Do they still reject people after medicals?

Bro u must be an old member here.
that started from mid 2015 but I don't think it still happens or rather We Pray it never happens again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2018
Guys, I just got an email saying I have a new message in my account. I checked and I saw a correspondence letter. I did my medicals on the 2nd of November. Please what does this mean? My hands are shaking right now.

P.S it’s still showing ‘Your application is in progress, we will send you a message once the final decision has been made’

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
Awuuga:
Guys, I just got an email saying I have a new message in my account. I checked and I saw a correspondence letter. I did my medicals on the 2nd of November. Please what does this mean? My hands are shaking right now.

Were you called for medicals? If yes, then it likely a PPR. Congratulations as you open the attachment.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
Yes I was.

The subject of the letter is ‘Validity of your Biometric Information’

Frankrobbn1:

Were you called for medicals? If yes, then it likely a PPR. Congratulations as you open the attachment.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 3:51pm On Nov 06, 2018
Fram:

We encountered several cases of applicants on this reputable thread that was called for medicals and were refused of their visas, this was common last year when Accra was in charge of all applications from Nigeria. Ever since this year, when applications was shifted to Nairobi Angels and London Saint's, we haven't seen any applicant that was refused after being called for medicals. Thus, if you're called for medicals, it's a positive sign and your application is gone pass half way.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Coast2Coast: 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
PPR to follow shortly. Same as ours. Congratulations
Awuuga:
Yes I was.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
Awuuga:
Yes I was.

This must be your first application that's why you're getting a correspondence notifying you of your biometrics validity. I know of 4 different applicants within few days of receiving this letter, their application was approved, some denied. Your approval is close brother since you've been called for medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

This must be your first application that's why you're getting a correspondence notifying you of your biometrics validity. I know of 4 different applicants within few days of receiving this letter, their application was approved, some denied. Your approval is close brother since you've been called for medicals.

Oh no, the denied so loud.
VO job go fit you.

@Awuuga congratulations in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
Austacus:

VO job go fit you.

I am only sharing from the wisdom of my experiences that I have enjoyed with several applications I have seen in and outside of this thread. My level never reach to become VO grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thank you

Coast2Coast:
PPR to follow shortly. Same as ours. Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thank you for explaining.

Quick question, were the 4 all invited to take the medical exam?

Frankrobbn1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
I hope it ends in my favour.

Thank you.

Austacus:

VO job go fit you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
Awuuga:
Thank you for explaining.

Quick question, were the 4 all invited to take the medical exam?

No! The 2 of them that was approved were called for medicals and the remaining 2 that was refused weren't instructed to undergo a medical exam. Congratulations to you, you will get a PPR soonest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Awuuga:
I hope it ends in my favour.

Thank you.

It has already ended in praises bro. Remember to return here to share your success story.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
Okay. Thank you for clarifying. Amen to your declaration.

Frankrobbn1:

No! The 2 of them that was approved were called for medicals and the remaining 2 that was refused weren't instructed to undergo a medical exam. Congratulations to you, you will get a PPR soonest.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2018
Will do. Thank you.

Frankrobbn1:

It has already ended in praises bro. Remember to return here to share your success story.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ebbytaiwo: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thank you for the response.

My first question: My US Visa will expire in Jan, 2019 and I want to travel in March, 2019, when is the best time to apply for a Dropbox? Do I wait for the visa to expire or I should apply now as the interview date for US EMBASSY is very far.

My second question: what are the documents needed for my husband and I to apply for a canadian visa as we intend to travel around March/April for an event. Can I also process this application by myself or do I need an agent (as for my US APPLICATION i didnt use any agent but did it by meself). If my husband and I would have to apply without using any agent, can someone please help with a step by step process.... the link to get the form what to do and how to go about it.

I would really appreciate a prompt and detailed response.

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hello,
Your first question will be best answered in the US thread.

Yes you can definitely apply yourself. This thread is basically for Canadian Study Permit Applicants. However, You’d have to visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website to get the documents you and your husband will need to apply.
You’ll also find the forms and the step by step process on the aforementioned website. I think there should be a thread that can effectively answer your questions.

I hope this little information helps.

ebbytaiwo:
Thank you for the response.

My first question: My US Visa will expire in Jan, 2019 and I want to travel in March, 2019, when is the best time to apply for a Dropbox? Do I wait for the visa to expire or I should apply now as the interview date for US EMBASSY is very far.

My second question: what are the documents needed for my husband and I to apply for a canadian visa as we intend to travel around March/April for an event. Can I also process this application by myself or do I need an agent (as for my US APPLICATION i didnt use any agent but did it by meself). If my husband and I would have to apply without using any agent, can someone please help with a step by step process.... the link to get the form what to do and how to go about it.

I would really appreciate a prompt and detailed response.

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rumuodara: 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
No approval report so far this week... What's happening?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kylexy61(m): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2018
Fram:

Hardly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I do not see why a new VO cannot approve application in 4 days. I have seen a new first time application approved in 2 days.

Also very possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Success2019: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hello guys please I have question
For paper application, the photocopied passport page should it be black or coloured.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
Anyone will be fine. Mine was coloured.

Success2019:
Hello guys please I have question
For paper application, the photocopied passport page should it be black or coloured.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
I think I believe this. My spirit keeps telling me that since the application has it's number definitely it will easily be assessed and be handled by the same person even though you take another route, I keep thinking that they might still refer you to the same person that handled it initially. My fear is just this online application that one has to upload and don't need to exceed their mb and print and attach some pages on study permit form.

Naijaforeigner:

You may be correct. There is a guy here called wheyme who was refused initially and applied almost immediately (like the following week) and got his approval for his second application within 4 days.

In wheyme’s case one can easily conclude it must have been the same VO who handled the first application that handled the second one again. There is no way a new VO would have approved his application in 4 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by canadabyfire: 11:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
Processing time now 15weeks grin grin grin grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
15weeks! Mtchwww.. I give up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by rachaelD(f): 12:57am On Nov 07, 2018
titisoge:
Hi nairalanders, I got to know about this group few hours ago. I'm in a cross road and don't know what decision to make, and I would need your help especially from those who has applied or are in University of Rgina.

I applied few days back to the university of Regina for an undergraduate course because I had a third class in the university here in Nigeria. So my aim is to take another undergraduate course in Canada without disclosing I have once attended a university. So i am using just my high school credentials to apply.

The problem now is that when I was filling the application form, it was written that pls disclose if you have had a previous post secondary degree and provide details....(this I skipped in the application form)

Now I have been sent a message from the university providing my student number and to submit all documents and not to withhold any information about any post secondary college I have once attended... and that Failure to disclose attendance at a previous post-secondary institution will lead to cancellation of your application.

Here is the email below

" Congratulations on submitting your application! You have been issued an ID ........ Please include this number on all correspondence you have with the U of R so we can serve you better. To complete your application we require the following:

High School Transcript(s). Please click here for specific country high school information.

University or College transcript(s) if you attended post-secondary institutions. Failure to disclose attendance at another post-secondary institution will lead to cancellation of your application.

Proof of English Language Proficiency (Click to see the list of ELP Options)

A copy of your passport

If you have not been in school for over 2 years please briefly describe (a sentence or two is sufficient) what you have been doing since graduation

*Please send all documents in PDF format to international.admissions@uregina.ca."

I don't want to be denied admission because of the grades i had at my previous university if I provide them with the transcript.......because this was what happened when I applied to the university of Winnipeg early this year, I was denied admission because of my grades even though it was undergraduate course I applied for using my high school certificate which I had very high grades in (only had to provide my post secondary documents because it was mentioned I did) .

Please what should I do, what steps should I take

Thanks all in advance.

A simple google search will bring out your post secondary information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 1:05am On Nov 07, 2018
Really?
Nawao!

quote author=rachaelD post=72747607]

A simple google search will bring out your post secondary information.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 6:56am On Nov 07, 2018
My application is 19weeks and 3days. Eligibility review started 9weeks ago. They made a request for my new letter of offer 2weeks ago which I submitted immediately. Since then I've been sending urgent emails and no response from them. This is really bad. I didn't meet up for fall cos of their delay and had to defer to winter, yet nothing from them. They're just unreasonably wicked. God will judge this people and it shall end in praises for me and those expecting TRV. Amen

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 7:36am On Nov 07, 2018
Have you done your Medicals??

blaugrana82:
My application is 19weeks and 3days. Eligibility review started 9weeks ago. They made a request for my new letter of offer 2weeks ago which I submitted immediately. Since then I've been sending urgent emails and no response from them. This is really bad. I didn't meet up for fall cos of their delay and had to defer to winter, yet nothing from them. They're just unreasonably wicked. God will judge this people and it shall end in praises for me and those expecting TRV. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 7:37am On Nov 07, 2018
Abeg.this processing time is bullshit,and gradually becoming generic to me.look at september and October applicants getting an update on their application roughly between 30days .that obviously didnt go with processing time.which is quite fortunate for them.but am thinking we june,july and august applicant shouldnt allow whatever update cic decides to put on their processing time to bother us. God is with us,and we will surely be victorious
canadabyfire:
Processing time now 15weeks grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 8:10am On Nov 07, 2018
blaugrana82:

Mine is 15 weeks old , Eligibility review has not even started!

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia