Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? (1049 Views)

What Is The Dumbest Lie Your Ex Ever Told You? / The Most Romantic Gift You Have Ever Received?... / Ever Received A Rival's Call? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by ThePath: 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2010
what was the dumbest gift you'v ever received? mine was a set of plates, ! it was my 20th birthday and i had gone to spend sometime with my guy. i was looking forward to the most romantic gifts of my life but this guy gave me a huge set of plates, 16 or thereabout, you know, the type that are packaged in cartons.i cursed my way back to school with the plates. how did he expect me to take it back to school?? i was stayin inthe hostel then. men, it was an uncomfortable ride. i could nt explain to my roomies how i came about the plates.i had expected something romantic or cool, but plates wasnt it.
so, what was the dumbet gift you'v ever received?? lets share experiences and some laughs and lets let the guys know what not to give us

, on a second thought, guys, your views are welcome.
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by bluespice(f): 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2010
bahhahahahahaha! you're guy was adorably dumb smiley
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by ThePath: 10:35pm On Jul 11, 2010
my ex-guy,
thanks, keep the reesponse flowing, you didnt tell yours!!!
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by r231(m): 10:36pm On Jul 11, 2010
;d smiley
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by Pweety4me(f): 10:42pm On Jul 11, 2010
Maybe he got it on bargain! smiley
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by bluespice(f): 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2010
i havent received any bad gift so can't share sorry
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by Faher(m): 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2010
I don't believe any gift can be dumb,
unless it's a fake product that spoils almost immediately.

@OP: Learn to be appreciative OR hint at what you want ahead of time. Not everyone can read minds.
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by ThePath: 6:41am On Jul 12, 2010
i am talking about gifts that dont tally with ocassions. i was apreciative alright but was like undecided what was he thinking givin me a set of 16 plates on my birthday?

besides, they were't that durable, so dumb. dumbly dumb, twice. tongue tongue
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by MrAnus: 8:12am On Jul 12, 2010
A butt plug
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by Acidosis(m): 8:13am On Jul 12, 2010
What a nefarious attitude. You didn't post this at the time it happened, but now he is your ex. Don't tell me you left this great man because of your 'so called' dumb gift
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by 190: 8:16am On Jul 12, 2010
a durex feather line condom from a lady
saying i hope it works on me real good~
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by ThePath: 8:39am On Jul 12, 2010
What a nefarious attitude. You didn't post this at the time it happened, but now he is your ex. Don't tell me you left this great man because of your 'so called' dumb gift

Judge acid, i didnt leave a 'great' guy cos of d dumb gift, think of your shoes before commenting next time, the gifts were an aside, something i remembered just yesterday, or maybe your girlie left you cos of a very stupid gift u gave her, well, sorry to disappoint u, am not like her, grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by Odunnu: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2010
I'd jst written WAEC and forming 'big gal' whn ths oldr cousin of mine travellin frm Lag bought me a 'baby baloon dress',u knw ds type with organza and lace and most annoyingly,the rope around it!I kudnt reject d gift,bt I wudnt wear it either!
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by MrAnus: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2010
by the way,,butt plug is used on your anus. u plug it in like just like u plugggin your cooker
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by adaybola(f): 10:06am On Jul 12, 2010
a second-hand(okrika) bra on my 19th birthday.

He was even smiling when he presented the package, he could have bought me a short bread biscuit instead. With the smell of the bra, i could tell it was okrika. Imagine that!
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by skyndyp(f): 10:34am On Jul 12, 2010
Fake flowers. I left them in his car when he was leaving. I hate anyone giving me plastic flower
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by indie22(f): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
I don't know if this counts as a gift but its by far the dumbest,

I had this toaster who came to see me at home (his first time visiting) and on his way he called me to tell me he got me something nice, I wondered why he was going through the trouble, coz it wasn't like I expected him to bring anything along.

Anyway, he got to my house and as we walking into the house, he goes like "oh one second I left your gift in the car". He came back only for him to hand me 1 chocolate bar (can't remember if it was mars, twix or sneakers), in my mind I was like wtf? 1 chocolate bar? Why did u even bother?

I didn't say nothing to him tho, I jst smiled as he handed it to me, as soon as he left I jst called my lil brother gave him the gist, and just gave him the chocolate bar.

Maybe its me, but I just felt it was soooo wrong!!!
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by iice(f): 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2010
Never had a dumb gift because i don't really accept gifts from people. Most especially from a bf. I'm cool with food. . .ok very cool with food grin That i usually recommend. But if someone had to get me something, i prefer something simple.
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by Acidosis(m): 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2010
The Path:

Judge acid, i didnt leave a 'great' guy cos of d dumb gift, think of your shoes before commenting next time, the gifts were an aside, something i remembered just yesterday, or maybe your girlie left you cos of a very silly gift u gave her, well, sorry to disappoint u, am not like hergrin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
O! You are right
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by Pweety4me(f): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2010
iice:

Never had a dumb gift because i don't really accept gifts from people. Most especially from a bf. I'm cool with food. . .ok very cool with food grin That i usually recommend. But if someone had to get me something, i prefer something simple.

So that he won't use it against yu later?
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by iice(f): 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2010
grin grin Yes. . .unless it's food of course cheesy
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by Pweety4me(f): 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2010
^Tehehe i know right. . .hmm
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by violent(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2010
indie22:

I don't know if this counts as a gift but its by far the dumbest,

I had this toaster who came to see me at home (his first time visiting) and on his way he called me to tell me he got me something nice, I wondered why he was going through the trouble, coz it wasn't like I expected him to bring anything along.

Anyway, he got to my house and as we walking into the house, he goes like "oh one second I left your gift in the car". He came back only for him to hand me 1 chocolate bar (can't remember if it was mars, twix or sneakers), in my mind I was like wtf? 1 chocolate bar? Why did u even bother?

I didn't say nothing to him tho, I jst smiled as he handed it to me, as soon as he left I jst called my lil brother gave him the gist, and just gave him the chocolate bar.

Maybe its me, but I just felt it was soooo wrong!!!

He's probably read the many silly "101 ways to give a girl butterflies" articles. . . . . .
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by babsjnr(m): 2:01am On Jul 13, 2010
my ex post me 40 packs of condoms by royal mail on valentine's day
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by Enockia(m): 5:38am On Jul 13, 2010
a rat in a well packaged box
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by prittigrrr(f): 6:49am On Jul 13, 2010
a package of graham crackers. it was clearly a part of a big box that he had already eaten.
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by anitabest(f): 10:49am On Jul 13, 2010
A Versace watch on my birthday.
Re: What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? by bolseas(f): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
, a philips pressing iron on vals day!

(1) (Reply)

No B Small Thing O :ladies In Court For Fighting Over Lover / My Girlfriend Is Cheatin On Me / Signs He Is Interested In You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.