Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 (42217 Views)

Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria / Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas / Eko Atlantic City, Lagos. The Largest Project Executed In The Whole Of Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by GAR3TH(m): 10:49am On Jul 15, 2010
Pennywise:

It is a major ego trip. Nothing more.If things dont go well there could be colossal loss in life and property of a kind we are too poor, too corrupt, too short-sighted to deal with.

Lagos is not desperately short of land to warrant a project of this kind

What do you mean when you said "if things dont go well"? what things?

Lagos is desperately short of land. . .the lagos state gov estimates that about 6,000 people arrive in lagos every day (cnn). . .and will become the third largest city in the not to distance future (UN). . .believe me lagos is short of land.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Pennywise(m): 11:01am On Jul 15, 2010
GAR3TH:

What do you mean when you said "if things dont go well"? what things?

Lagos is desperately short of land. . .the lagos state gov estimates that about 6,000 people arrive in lagos every day (cnn). . .and will become the third largest city in the not to distance future (UN). . .believe me lagos is short of land.

We are not talking abt reclaiming marshland or swampy areas. You are taking on the atlantic ocean. Reclamation may fail. Your artificial coastline may collapse leading to dangerous flooding. Kms of built up areas and inhabitants can be under water in minutes.

The metropolis may be crowded but there are still large hundreds of km sq of solid land within Lagos state.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by nulldev: 11:03am On Jul 15, 2010
Akainzo:

All of this on 4 square miles  grin grin You are definitely a sucker for advertisement and grand talking. bUt as it is, you are free to spend your money any where you deem fit.

Read Mr Chagouri's mail to you, he clearly also stated that they have no say in what the developers build, just that they need to conform to certain zoning. That they build one circular financial centre within the estate doesn't make it any better than what it is. That teh developers, can build whatever they want, so long as they conform to zoning.

And pray, tell me anywhere in the world that has a zoning formula /rule that stipulates the number of floors a building MUST HAVE within that zone. And please, don't confuse that highrises congregate together to mean that the zoning forced them to! wink

This is obviously a nice argument to be borrowed by our thieving politicians. Nigeria actually has so much money, so what if I take a small pittance out of it!

You do know the average size of a financial/central district is less than 4 square miles? How big do you think the square mile in London,the financial district in Manhattan or Jo'burg is? You also know there is (or at least was) a strict floor limit on buildings in Abuja. You also know that the area density is actually bigger than the (already congested) Victoria Island?

I also find the estate claims amusing, maybe Kobojunkie can give us a dictionary link of what an estate is so we can decide if 4 square miles / mixed use qualifies as a 'glorified estate'
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by GAR3TH(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2010
Pennywise:

We are not talking abt reclaiming marshland or swampy areas. You are taking on the atlantic ocean. Reclamation may fail. Your artificial coastline may collapse leading to dangerous flooding.

The metropolis may be crowded but there are still large hundreds of km sq of solid land within Lagos state.

But many parts of Lagos Island were built up on reclaimed land. . .that happened in the 1970's. . .40 years later those parts of lagos island have not sank. . .even recently there was a new island built just north of lagos island and ikoyi. . .Its called Banana Island and till this date is has not had any problems. . .
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by nulldev: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2010
Paddy_lo has made some excellent, well reasoned points and the counter arguments have mostly being borderline ridiculous straw gripping except the ecological one which is a valid concern. The effects of a potential disaster will certainly outweigh any benefits of this sort of land reclamation and can potentially affect not just the reclaimed area but other parts of Lagos Island.  

@Paddy_lo has there being any indications that a thorough study of the environmental impact this project has being done?
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by GAR3TH(m): 11:13am On Jul 15, 2010
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Pennywise(m): 11:25am On Jul 15, 2010
GAR3TH:

But many parts of Lagos Island were built up on reclaimed land. . .that happened in the 1970's. . .40 years later those parts of lagos island have not sank. . .even recently there was a new island built just north of lagos island and ikoyi. . .Its called Banana Island and till this date is has not had any problems. . .

What we have now is on a completely different scale. BP is having to contend with an off shore rig problem that has taken several lives. Two months on they still cant. But they have been building off shore rigs like forever.

The point is- the risk and cost does not justify a project of this kind.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Akainzo(m): 11:27am On Jul 15, 2010
nulldev:

You do know the average size of a financial/central district is less than 4 square miles? How big do you think the square mile in London,the financial district in Manhattan or Jo'burg is? You also know there is (or at least was) a strict floor limit on buildings in Abuja. You also know that the area density is actually bigger than the (already congested) Victoria Island?

I also find the estate claims amusing, maybe Kobojunkie can give us a dictionary link of what an estate is so we can decide if 4 square miles / mixed use qualifies as a 'glorified estate'

That a business district is about 4 square miles is no problem, but to refer to it as a city? Haba! That VI is congested is a mirage of a belief by people that are lazy. The Vegas strip keeps evolving with new hotels almost every two years. However, the strip itself has not been expanded in 30 years! What smart people do is reclaim the land, destroy the old and build new ones. With the right financing, you would have two vegas strips in VI without any probs.

The floor limit is about MAXIMUM height, paddy_lo had been inferring a MINIMUM HEIGHT.  There is a whole world of difference between the two.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by nulldev: 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2010
Thanks for that GAR3TH!

@Akainzo, I am no Lawyer but if you can have a maximum floor size why cant you have a minimum? As per the 'city' name grin, no be 9ja? our naming convention no get part 2 mega/super are never far away from our tongue and no forget the 'city of london' is a square mile.

In regards to regenerating VI, I doubt you can get enough contiguous property space at current rates, knock them down, rebuild and make a profit on top of that. Not to mention the fact a lot of property owners will not sell, VI is a goldmine with ridiculous rental value.

I for one have no issue with private money going into a land reclamation project, the multiplier effect of job opportunities, tax revenue and a new business/residential district are all pluses with 1 major possible minus which based on GAR3TH's link is not just an after taught.

We do not all have to buy into it and most of us will not be able to afford to live there and that is ok. I expected the arguments against this project to be along the lines of Government not doing enough to take advantage of the project and do something along the lines of giving the investors tax breaks if they develop some low/mid income residential projects on the mainland or legislating a special tax for the area that can be used to generate seed money for a mortgage institution / building society geared towards lower income earners or something along those lines. Certainly not the tedious claims about glorified estate, neglect of the mainland and weather it is Tinubu or Abacha financing it. I remember the other thread about this project where some clown made some assertions like the project costing at least $100 billion and how he tried to get information and got nothing back which gives credence to some of the claims being made about people not simply stating their case but just arguing for the sake of it,
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by proproman(m): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2010
paddy_lo, i doff my cap. you definitely know what you're talking about
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by paddylo1(m): 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
Paddy_lo has made some excellent, well reasoned points and the counter arguments have mostly being borderline ridiculous straw gripping except the ecological one which is a valid concern. The effects of a potential disaster will certainly outweigh any benefits of this sort of land reclamation and can potentially affect not just the reclaimed area but other parts of Lagos Island. 

@Paddy_lo has there being any indications that a thorough study of the environmental impact this project has being done?

The environmental Impact has long been done
One other thing u have to understand is that most of the land being reclaimed is in shallow waters of our V.I coast

That barbeach area had actually had land up to 1mile out some 60yrs ago or so
So some people comparing this to BP are just being mischevious

BP is in deepwater way offshore
We are actually getting back what the sea took from us all these yrs
It should have been done much earlier frankly
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by babapupa: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2010

Ezeogu.
Your head didn't decipher this one. The government asked for this project knowing well what other, more vital projects should have been taken up instead, they had the right to disagree with the project because it is their shoreline. This what I wanted to confirm

You mean the state should have said to the developers, instead of injecting tens on billions of dollars and creating jobs for hundreds of thousands of Lagosians, why don't you take over the state's responsibilities and go build road, schools and hospitals which of course the state is doing on a daily basis. Is any other state in Nigeria delivering what Fashola is delivering? Your mindless argument is very mute.

Btw, how many state in Nigeria and even in Africa have a light rail system under construction, a ten lane freeway with BRT and rail system (First in Africa) under construction? Please tell me.

Running your mouth off as if the state is not attending to it's core responsibilities because they did what governments all over the world do (Attracting investments and jobs to promote development and broaden it's tax base.) is not only silly, it's backward, ill informed thinking and irresponsible way of thinking.

I seriously hope non of you people gets behind any desk to administrate the lives of animals talk less citizens of you villages.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by OAM4J: 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2010
Pennywise:

It is a major ego trip. Nothing more.If things dont go well there could be colossal loss in life and property of a kind we are too poor, too corrupt, too short-sighted to deal with.

Lagos is not desperately short of land to warrant a project of this kind

Why must you be a pessimist? why must you think things will not go well as planned?

BTW, if things do not go well, who suffers the consequences? The people and govt of Lagos state or the private investors.

How many times do you people want thIS screamed into your heads; THIS IS A PRIVATE INVESTMENT.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by OAM4J: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2010
babapupa:

You mean the state should have said to the developers, instead of injecting tens on billions of dollars and creating jobs for hundreds of thousands of Lagosians, why don't you take over the state's responsibilities and go build road, schools and hospitals which of course the state is doing on a daily basis. Is any other state in Nigeria delivering what Fashola is delivering? Your mindless argument is very mute.

Btw, how many state in Nigeria and even in Africa have a light rail system under construction, a ten lane freeway with BRT and rail system (First in Africa) under construction? Please tell me.

Running your mouth off as if the state is not attending to it's core responsibilities because they did what governments all over the world do (Attracting investments and jobs to promote development and broaden it's tax base.) is not only silly, it's backward, ill informed thinking and irresponsible way of thinking.

I seriously hope non of you people gets behind any desk to administrate the lives of animals talk less citizens of you villages.

Exactly, like i told ezeagu, he must be a genius to think the Governor should simply tell any investor that want to build a 'Paradise-City' in Lagos state to either support/invest in his 'pressing' state projects or go to hell with his billions
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by babapupa: 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2010
Governor Fashola on Talk with Funmi

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t-MPRqw0bs&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application[/flash]
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by babapupa: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2010
OAM4J:

Exactly, like i told ezeagu, he must be a genius to think the Governor should simply tell any investor that want to build a 'Paradise-City' in Lagos state to either support/invest in his 'pressing' state projects  or go to hell with his billions

Trust me, we have lot of dumb thinkers on NL.

Mind you the same characters yelled and cried the same negative songs before BRT, it was labeled white elephant and other ridiculous nonsense.

These are self defeatists and they don't see any good in themselves talk less their own society. Some are just yelling for tribal reasons because their villages are relics like stone age settlements.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by paddylo1(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2010
[b]^^
Thanks Babapupa i enjoyed watching that. . . .

I have however come to realize that even if a saint comes down from heaven to rule Nigerians
and manage our meagre resources to the best of his abilities,Nigerians will still curse,abuse,condemn and vilify that saint

Now i hear some people call for hospitals,roads,bridges and so on. . .
There is only so much u can do with one yrs budget of about $2.5billion,in a city of close to 17million

I would like to see what Johanessburg budgets for its 3.8million ppl
I looked and they budgeted R26billion rand for yr 2009
Thats about $3.4 billion. . .Now Joburgs main tax revenue comes from the finance/high end property tax sector

None of the people criticizing this project realize that adding such a significant piece of high end real estate to lagos
will lead to a significant increase in the taxes collected by the state Govt on activities/properties that will go on there
Instead they expect money to magically come from heaven without a thought on expanding the high end tax base

poverty of thought is something i cant stand[/b]
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by ezeagu(m): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2010
Elaineh:

But Ezeagu, how many times have paddy_lo and co. stated that this is NOT a government project? It is being undertaken by PRIVATE companies for their own benefit. It is not the responsibility of private corporations to ensure that all of the state's roads are tarred, that its slums are developed, etc. Building this city on the mainland would require razing people's property, destroying people's homes, rerouting existing roads, etc. Is that what you'd like to see happen?

Yes. 'Projects' and housing towers in the West are raised down all the time, and the UK is making sure to remove most or all of these types of buildings. Lagos does not have to even demolish these slums in one go, the buildings built there do not even need to be made of expensive material that makes the building long to build, Haiti has homeless people in tents and they are building houses, those tents may be better than some peoples houses in Lagos. . . . .

Elaineh:

Certainly, I don't need to explain to you why that would be a problem.

What will happen?

Elaineh:

Are the private entities who want this city realized supposed to wait until the Lagos state government has hiroshimad an acceptable plot of land (twice the present size of VI, no less) on the mainland before they can start to build?

If by "Hiroshimad" you mean develop the infrastructure of Lagos and then clear away unwanted unmaintained buildings, put a proper plan for each district and then ask them to come and build a business district, than okay.

Elaineh:

Meanwhile, the Tokyos, Dubais and New Yorks of the world will continue to leave Lagos even farther behind in the dust.

Why didn't you add the swinging gardens of Babylon or Atlantis to your list.

Elaineh:

I have never seen a situation where adding acreage to a country's existing territory by pushing back the waters and building on an area that was once just the deep blue sea is considered a problem. It blows my mind.

But it won't blow your mind that this project is taking place next to Lagos, Nigeria, where electricity and water is a privilege. If you want to compete with Tokyo, where is Lagos housing towers, where are they that warrants finally pushing into the sea like Japan has. Have you looked at a video or photos of Japan where they have things like capsule hotels or where every other building is a tower? That is if Lagos hasn't passed Tokyo's standard yet.

Mariory:

I don't think it matters how many times he is told that. The guy is just arguing for the sake of it. You just need to read some of the nonsense he is typing.

Reply me directly with an explanation of your view point, or don't type at all.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by debosky(m): 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2010
Pennywise:

What we have now is on a completely different scale. BP is having to contend with an off shore rig problem that has taken several lives. Two months on they still cant. But they have been building off shore rigs like forever.

The point is- the risk and cost does not justify a project of this kind.  

How have you come to such a conclusion?  

Kindly outline the risks that you feel do not justify a project of this kind, bearing in mind the multiple examples both worldwide and in Lagos itself.
kushe:

@paddy lo and debosky

i am blissfully ignorant and i was hoping you geniuses can just give me a well informed opinion on donald duke's [mis]adventure
in cross rivers  called tinapa which is like a grain in a sack compared to this misappropriation of resources.

The mere fact that TINAPA is in Cross River and Eko Atlantic is in Lagos should serve as sufficient explanation. If it doesn't, look at the previous reclamation projects in Lagos -from Lekki to Banana Island to even the Lagos Island to see prior justification for this particular endeavour.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Mariory(m): 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2010
babapupa:

Trust me, we have lot of dumb thinkers on NL.

Mind you the same characters yelled and cried the same negative songs before BRT, it was labeled white elephant and other ridiculous nonsense.

Spot on! I remember it well. Maybe we should go dig up that thread and have another look at the idiots that were against it. I bet we will find the same names there and here. grin

babapupa:

Some are just yelling for tribal reasons because their villages are relics like stone age settlements.

grin grin grin
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Mariory(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2010
ezeagu:

Reply me directly with an explanation of your view point, or don't type at all.

Reply you for what reason? I'm in no mood to repeat what others have said. However, seeing you gnashing your teeth and foaming at the mouth because of this project is entertaining. Bítch-slapping that mouth at the same time is just a bonus. grin

Oh and one more thing, the project will continue wether you like it or not. How does that make you feel? grin
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by ezeagu(m): 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2010
OAM4J:

Exactly, like i told ezeagu, he must be a genius to think the Governor should simply tell any investor that want to build a 'Paradise-City' in Lagos state to either support/invest in his 'pressing' state projects  or go to hell with his billions

You people are not serious. Your trying to tell people that the government did not attract investors. I'm still asking you people whether the Atlantic sea was private or whether the Lagos government does not have a say about its own shores. Maybe that is why lots of ships are lined up in front of Lagos docks for weeks trying to off load, because the government doesn't control its shores? Your talking about "telling investors what to do" when you will be telling the investors to build housing in the future, right, or no, they'll just build what they like. Lagos won't "tell investors what to do", which means securing a deal apparently, like Eko Atlantic did. Again if Eko Atlantic was made inland, what benefit would it not have over having it in the sea?

Mariory:

Reply you for what reason? I'm in no mood to repeat what others have said. However, seeing you gnashing your teeth and foaming at the mouth because of this project is entertaining. Bítch-slapping that mouth at the same time is just a bonus. grin

Oh and one more thing, the project will continue wether you like it or not. How does that make you feel? grin

Air. Nothing to add to the discussion but air. And talking about bïtch. . . . .
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Elaineh: 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2010
Ezeagu, I give up. Your logic escapes me COMPLETELY.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Yinkaboy: 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2010
Ezeagu,

No logic, did you read the new lagos master plan? Ha Ha? No! There are already project earmarked for inland as well. Fashola, wants modernize all of the city.

This is best avenue without destroying peoples home and people complaining of land grabs, like Maroko!
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by ezeagu(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2010
babapupa:

I like the way you dodged where I actually said housing and building this city in land. Nice. And what jobs are being created that wouldn't have been created if this was inland? If they made this city (some people are saying it's not a city) on the mainland would it not beautify Lagos and give it a skyline worthy of taking pictures of?

babapupa:

All your looking for is an ethnocentric argument, maybe that's all you can contribute and that's why you can't be objective.

babapupa:

I would never hear someone from a developed country defend their government as if it was their family. I don't know why you people act as if your family own Eko Atlantic or if you've got more to do with the project than someone from Cameroon. You'll start to insult someone for something you have no input to, for a state you've probably done nothing for.

babapupa:

I hope you'll start to understand that developing a country has nothing to do with showing off.

Yinkaboy:

Ezeagu,

No logic, did you read the new lagos master plan? Ha Ha? No! There are already project earmarked for inland as well. Fashola, wants modernize all of the city.

This is best avenue without destroying peoples home and people complaining of land grabs, like Maroko!

You're supposed to explain it to me before telling me I have no logic. That's usually how a logical statement goes. As for the inland city project, please start a thread.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Kushe, I believe the major confusion with this project came when the Lagos State Governor became sort of a spokesperson for the project and started telling folks it was a PPP project . . . that was when the confusion came in as to who actually owns and is running this and who is not. I made sure to ask over and over what the Government connection was to this and the developer repeated over and over that the state had nothing to do with this and that the only thing the state did was put in place policies to aid such projects to continue during his admin. According to the developer, it is a privately funded and controlled estate. If you have ever lived in an estate, or around one, you would understand this.

There are other similarly massive projects right now happening in the same Lagos state, the difference is some of those estates are not working reclaiming land lost on the island. I believe there is an even massive estate project with similar ideals somewhere in Lagos. We were recently acquainted of it. The project is simply a large private estate, fully serviced and fully functional from day one for all those who purchase plots on it. Since the developers are private, if it falls short in the way Tinapa did, then the people do not have to worry since the people's money was not used at all.

There are settlements like this across Africa. Even in places like capetown, SA, and other parts. Some of them are gated communities while this one is possibly not gated but on a more massive scale(according to what I have been told of it). What I am saying is generally, the project is not really to be of bother to Lagoscians since it is private and not even PPP in the way we have come to consider PPP to mean. It is simply a private project that the governmor signed off on and that is that.

The hype is mostly that there is potential for huge influx of cash, jobs, etc from the island, but generally, the average person will not even be bothered much and life in lagos will not be affected much. But on the whole think Victoria Garden city and then you will understand more why you should not bother about it at all.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Yinkaboy: 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2010
Your still living on fantasy.

Again, this is private money, and why does it need to be inland? There is no space, unless you demolish peoples house.

Beijing did what you are saying, inland but they destroyed houses and lives! Have been to London my friend? Because this just like Canary Wharf! It was abandoned land that private developers took over to be an independent hub out side the square mile.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by ezeagu(m): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]At least Soludo should have being giving the benefit of the doubt, of turning Onitsha and Anambra state as the Dubai of the East.[/size]

God forbid.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by nulldev: 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Kushe, I believe the major confusion with this project came when the Lagos State Governor became sort of a spokesperson for the project and started telling folks it was a PPP project . . . that was when the confusion came in as to who actually owns and is running this and who is not.

There are other similar projects right now happening in the same Lagos state, the difference is those estates are not working reclaiming land lost on the island. I believe there is an even massive estate project with similar ideals somewhere in Lagos. We were recently acquainted of it. The project is simply a large private estate, fully serviced and fully functional from day one for all those who purchase plots on it. Since the developers are private, if it falls short in the way Tinapa did, then the people do not have to worry since the people's money was not used at all.

There are settlements like this across Africa. Even in places like capetown, SA, and other parts. Some of them are gated communities while this one is possibly not gated but on a more massive scale(according to what I have been told of it). What I am saying is generally, the project is not really to be of bother to Lagoscians since it is private and not even PPP in the way we have come to consider PPP to mean. It is simply a private project that the governmor signed off on and that is that.

The hype is mostly that there is potential for huge influx of cash, jobs, etc from the island, but generally, the average person will not even be bothered much and life in lagos will not be affected much.

@Kobojunkie, do you have any evidence to show the Government 'started telling folks' it is a ppp project?
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
undecided How about we try this. Do you have evidence that he did not ?
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by KnowAll(m): 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2010
[size=14pt]Eko Atlantic city scheme is only recovering land lost to the sea since 1951, it is not as if Lagos State in her infinite wisdom is chasing shadows trying to claim land from a ferocious sea. The sea have taking from the land since 1951,  and the wise Governor is only reversing a trend,  the FG as the custodian of lagos for 2 decades should have fixed.

This project should be FG driven but for the tribal and ethnic politics played at that level, it  is why the State Goverment has taking the lead.

For Instance the Liason Offices opposite Bar Beach has being abandoned for decades by each and every state, those houses are a derelict which should be destroyed and the land made use off, infact incorporating that part of VI into the Eko Atlantic Project will not be far-fetched,  but for tribal, ethnic and FG squabbles those prime porpertise are going to waste in one of the most sought after lands in the country.

Eko Atlantic City a new land recovered due to the ingenuity of Fashola, a land devoid of clanish claims,  tribal and ethnic strife is a no man's land where a visionary leader can put his most audacious and ambitous plan into fruition without hurting anyone and paying undue and unnecessary compensation is a welcome development. [/size]
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by ezeagu(m): 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2010
Yinkaboy:

Your still living on fantasy.

Again, this is private money, and why does it need to be inland? There is no space, unless you demolish peoples house.

Beijing did what you are saying, inland but they destroyed houses and lives!

They sent people back home.

Yinkaboy:

Have been to London my friend? Because this just like Canary Wharf! It was abandoned land that private developers took over to be an independent hub out side the square mile.

Am I seeing things or did you just channel my point? Last time I checked Canary Wharf isn't an island.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) / Dead Pilot, Peter Bello, Memorial Service (Photos) / Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.