Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? (666 Views)

Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by kingasap(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2018
I'm sincerely in love with my girlfriend and I'm thinking towards marriage. She's Catholic however and she is firm about her standing in the Catholic faith. I on the other hand am a redeemer. I don't have any issues with her religion however but then she doesn't seem to respect my religion(especially when it comes to speaking in tongues and their teachings). I would like to marry her. Do you think it is feasible? Is it possible to marry her without making her feel she betrayed her faith? I read a few articles online kicking against marriage between catholics and non catholics and the idea is frowned on.
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by dingbang(m): 9:48am On Oct 07, 2018
I know a couple who the man is an Anglican and the wife a pastor in a redeemed church, and because the woman understands the message of being subject to her husband from the teachings of the bible, she left her pastoral work and joined her husband in his church.

I am a catholic and I believe a woman, no matter which church she attends, should obey the directives of her maker, be subject to her husband. If she can't be humble and go to the same church as you do then I dont think she loves and respects you.

If I give birth to daughters and she wishes to marry a man outside her own faith, as long as she loves and respects him, I will give my blessings.

Op, pls dont bend to her will, if she doesn't want to submit to you then forget marrying her!

1 Like

Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by godfatherx: 9:49am On Oct 07, 2018
I have heard your story before and I think I made a comment on that thread.
My conclusion is that you guys are not meant to be together. There are over 5000 religion in this world and both of you are lucky to practice same, yet you allow doctrine and mode of worship to bother you this much.
Religion is opium...

3 Likes

Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by orisa37: 9:50am On Oct 07, 2018
Yes, it is. Those who God has put together, let no one put asunder..
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by slivertongue: 9:59am On Oct 07, 2018
More than feasible.my mum came from a roman catholic home straight 2a pentecostal home.2day she is a diehard pentecostal
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by kingasap(m): 10:00am On Oct 07, 2018
dingbang:
I know a couple who the man is an Anglican and the wife a pastor in a redeemed church, and because the woman understands the message of being subject to her husband from the teachings of the bible, she left her pastoral work and joined her husband in his church.

I am a catholic and I believe a woman, no matter which church she attends, should obey the directives of her maker, be subject to her husband. If she can't be humble and go to the same church as you do then I dont think she loves and respects you.

If I give birth to daughters and she wishes to marry a man outside her own faith, as long as she loves and respects him, I will give my blessings.

Op, pls dont bend to her will, if she doesn't want to submit to you then forget marrying her!
I don't need her to change her religion I just don't know if it's allowed. Do catholics even allow non catholics marry and if they do are they looked down on?
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by kingasap(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2018
slivertongue:
More than feasible.my mum came from a roman catholic home straight 2a pentecostal home.2day she is a diehard pentecostal
okay but I think this is because she changed religions. This one isn't ready to change. She's strongly against pentecostal doctrines. Although I'll be honest she doesn't have good understanding of pentecostal teachings w
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by orisa37: 10:04am On Oct 07, 2018
God Himself is planning a Wedding right now between a Miyetti-Allah-Fulani-Herdsmen
AND a
Jehovah-Witness-Berom-ShepHerds.
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by uboma(m): 10:06am On Oct 07, 2018
A friend of mine broke up with a lady he loved so much because she insisted that their wedding will not hold in the Catholic Church but at hers.

If it is not working, why not call it quits and move on with your life.
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by dingbang(m): 10:17am On Oct 07, 2018
kingasap:

I don't need her to change her religion I just don't know if it's allowed. Do catholics even allow non catholics marry and if they do are they looked down on?
my mum was a non catholic and my dad a catholic. I have answered your question. And my mum is now a catholic and even the president of the cwo in my church
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by slivertongue: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2018
d issue is faith nt religion. catholics are mostly lik dat especially easterners. b flexible,invite her 2church programs
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by Mariangeles(f): 10:32am On Oct 07, 2018
kingasap:
I'm sincerely in love with my girlfriend and I'm thinking towards marriage. She's Catholic however and she is firm about her standing in the Catholic faith. I on the other hand am a redeemer. I don't have any issues with her religion however but then she doesn't seem to respect my religion(especially when it comes to speaking in tongues and their teachings). I would like to marry her. Do you think it is feasible? Is it possible to marry her without making her feel she betrayed her faith? I read a few articles online kicking against marriage between catholics and non catholics and the idea is frowned on.
If you two truly love each other and miss out on this chance to be together because of lack of understanding, the both of you would probably regret it for the rest of your lives
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by paxonel(m): 10:53am On Oct 07, 2018
kingasap:
It will be only feasible when you neither take your religion nor her catholic religion very seriously as much as you should take your relationship with her very seriously.

What is important is you and her and not any of the churches
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:49am On Oct 08, 2018
kingasap:

It is allowed, just not always encourage becos it requires real work. a catholic can marry a non catholic usually with these conditions, the wedding is in d catholic church, d catholic party is allowed to practice hes faith, u consider raising d kids as catholics.
chikena

1 Like

Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by kingasap(m): 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2018
Ubenedictus:
It is allowed, just not always encourage becos it requires real work. a catholic can marry a non catholic usually with these conditions, the wedding is in d catholic church, d catholic party is allowed to practice hes faith, u consider raising d kids as catholics.
chikena
I don't want Catholic children. I'd rather they choose a religion of their choice
Re: Is A Marriage Between A Catholic And Non Catholic Feasible? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2018
kingasap:

I don't want Catholic children. I'd rather they choose a religion of their choice
. then you have a series of discussions you should attend to with your intended

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fund Raising For The Moslem Community In Ondo State / How Would You Live Your Life If God's Judgment Was Like This? / How Can I Develop A Consistent Prayer Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.