Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr (1395 Views)

I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos / 'I Have Been Sleeping With Your Brother' – Wife Tells Husband / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by COdeGenesis: 5:31am On Oct 08, 2018
Was dashing somewhere when I saw this boy sleeping under the bridge at university of uyo Annex on a Sunday morning. From investigations I carried out, this homeless boy has been sleeping there for over a year. It's sad we have a church opposite the bridge , 2 churches & one mosque in uniuyo close to the bridge and over 20 churches around the school environment but no one is willing to save this child. I saw lots of injuries on his body and he looks quite unkempt .

Since the church has failed him. I am hoping Nairaland can save the boy o. if I do get some money today I am planning to get him some clothes and treat his wound.

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by WetinConsignMe: 5:34am On Oct 08, 2018
Who gave him such a nice haircut?

1 Like

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by bankyblue(m): 5:36am On Oct 08, 2018
Hmmmm
This life!
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by sykeng(m): 5:44am On Oct 08, 2018
If its to collect tithe or marrying underage girl our religion extremists would know how to foster the idea, but is never their duty when it comes humanity.

4 Likes

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by marshalldgreat(m): 5:51am On Oct 08, 2018
Eyaa
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by COdeGenesis: 5:55am On Oct 08, 2018
WetinConsignMe:
Who gave him such a nice haircut?
wetinconsignme I am not bothered by the haircut, maybe lalasticlala can move to front page
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by Exponental(m): 5:57am On Oct 08, 2018
sykeng:
If its to collect tithe or marrying underage girl our religion extremists would know how to foster the idea, but is never their duty when it comes humanity.
why this conclusion? The person in your neighborhood that needs help, have you ever offered help?

5 Likes

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by savio93(m): 6:10am On Oct 08, 2018
It's not easy oo
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by Cr7sBabe(f): 6:17am On Oct 08, 2018
Sorry lil boi. Forget churches ehn. Only few churches really care abt others now.
And mosque....I don't even think Muslims help ppl like this right from time. Christians have always been the one. Well. I pray the guy encounters God's favour through a good Samaritan.

1 Like

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 08, 2018
op, are you for real? he has been sleeping there for over a year and no one has helped him? there must be more to the story. undecided

1 Like

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by COdeGenesis: 6:41am On Oct 08, 2018
SixDividedByTwo:
op, are you for real? he has been sleeping there for over a year and no one has helped him? there must be more to the story. undecided
yup for over a year.
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 08, 2018
-

1 Like

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by ITbomb(m): 7:11am On Oct 08, 2018
Check the circumstances which brought him there
Most common in that part of the country is
1. Runaway from wicked madam
2. Death of parent
3. Witchcraft accusations
4. Missing persons

He could also be one of the denigrate from the North

Know what you are dealing with first

2 Likes

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by Nukilia: 7:18am On Oct 08, 2018
SixDividedByTwo:
that's really pathetic. i wonder why the
and mosque around him have never made any attempt to help him, if true.
//have you approached him to talk with him in order to hear his story? I'm assuming he has no home to return to or has been kicked out
then...
_he should be taken to the hospital for a checkup and to have his wounds treated.
_he needs food, he needs clothes. most importantly, he needs to be in School and needs a home to be returning to. is there a decent NGO in the area to take up his case or do you think you can?

Religion is meant to suck off the rich and the poor...
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by jashar(f): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2018
What have you people done to help others? Every small thing church this, church that... Is it not humans that make up the church? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by COdeGenesis: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2018
jashar:
What have you people done to help others? Every small thing church this, church that... Is it not humans that make up the church? undecided
why u taking it personal
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by jashar(f): 10:38am On Oct 08, 2018
COdeGenesis:

why u taking it personal

Because an attack on the church is an attack on me.

1 Like

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by WetinConsignMe: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
COdeGenesis:

wetinconsignme I am not bothered by the haircut, maybe lalasticlala can move to front page

There are too many scams on this forum - too many people begging for money to complete their final year. How are we sure this is not just another scam?
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by WetinConsignMe: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2018
SixDividedByTwo:

Yeah. And all those pedophiles, kidnappers, and ritualists just stay away from him
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by ifyalways(f): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hard to believe. Looks like a boy resting under the shade, probably a street Hawker.

1 Like

Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by Mizwisdom(f): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2018
Looks like he's resting, nice hair cut too. It's not possible for such a little kid to survive on the street alone for one whole year. OP, did he tell you he's been there for a year, how does he know
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by COdeGenesis: 11:32pm On Oct 08, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Looks like he's resting, nice hair cut too. It's not possible for such a little kid to survive on the street alone for one whole year. OP, did he tell you he's been there for a year, how does he know
am out of town. when I do return will go there early in the morning to check out the boy
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by COdeGenesis: 11:33pm On Oct 08, 2018
ifyalways:
Hard to believe. Looks like a boy resting under the shade, probably a street Hawker.

if he were to be one, he would probably have a bucket or plastic or something he uses to hawk. saw that guy there last year
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by COdeGenesis: 12:32am On Oct 09, 2018
jashar:

Because an attack on the church is an attack on me.

even the business churches? Most churches have lost their sense of responsibility. One of the main essence of a church to succumb to the needy and support the poor.What we see today is far from it
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by sykeng(m): 4:23am On Oct 09, 2018
Exponental:

why this conclusion? The person in your neighborhood that needs help, have you ever offered help?
you know nothing about me, are you an extremist?
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by sykeng(m): 4:36am On Oct 09, 2018
jashar:
because many churches don't encourage humanity.if the pastors encourage that members will change their mindset.
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by LadySarah: 6:01am On Oct 09, 2018
Ff
Re: Little Boy Who Has Been Sleeping Under Uniuyo Bridge For 1yr by COdeGenesis: 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
ifyalways:
by 6am in the morning. snapped the picture around 8am last Sunday morning

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do About My Mum? / I'm Falling Too Deep And It's Unhealthy For Me / Man Beats Up His "Side Chic" For Attending Wedding Without His Permission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.