Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Controlling Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Controlling Wife (1756 Views)

We Are Worried About My Son And His Controlling Wife / Are My Parents Too Controlling? / My Sister Inlaw Is Baffling Me,hes The One Controlling My Husby Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controlling Wife by Navi613: 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2010
i got to tells this story man, i called my friend ask him if he wants to play ball.
he said that he couldnt he got to do allot of things, i understand and after one hour he called me back and said that he wants to ball,, i ask him what change his mind he said i had to ask my wife first dammm man i couldnt believe what i was hearing,, damm like these day wife become controling and wearing our pants,, there was a time we could do whatever we want with our wife and now we lost we man lost it
Re: Controlling Wife by snowdrops(m): 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
HAHAHA Orishirishi.

Mother earth dey try. Different characters dey exist.

@ poster i salute o. Take care.
Re: Controlling Wife by shakerz1: 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2010
Letting her know what he's doing is one thing, asking for permission is another thing. Marriage is based on communication among other things, letting her know what he's doing is perfectly normal. Besides, I doubt there's a 9ja woman who can 'refuse' her husband to do such a thing and if there's such a man out there, then the focker deserves to be controlled. She might as well castrate him physically
Re: Controlling Wife by omega25red(m): 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2010
shakerz_1:

Letting her know what he's doing is one thing, asking for permission is another thing. Marriage is based on communication among other things, letting her know what he's doing is perfectly normal. Besides, I doubt there's a 9ja woman who can 'refuse' her husband to do such a thing and if there's such a man out there, then the focker deserves to be controlled. She might as well castrate him physically
you said it all.

poster marriage needs communication you have to put your wife and kids ahead of you bachelor friends who think you are a punk because you couldn't leave home to play ball because at the end of the day you can go out play ball bang some chicks sniff some coke but you still have to go back home to your wife and kids. The sooner you understand this the better
Re: Controlling Wife by sayso: 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2010
sharap there.why can't he call her from the field.
Re: Controlling Wife by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2010
Re: Controlling Wife by Outstrip(f): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
If I were your "friend" I will keep you far away so you do not ruin my marriage. Nobody just gets up and goes especially when he is not sure what plans they have for the day or if his going to play ball might disrupt something. It is called responsibility. It's not like it is something that is always scheduled. You get up and called your friend to just jump up and come and play ball. Would you then not be a control freak for expecting that he should be readily available for you and your ball?
Re: Controlling Wife by sophy09: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2010
@Poster

Did you expect your friend to just leave the house without consulting the wife? A marriage involves the man and the woman, the man or the woman cannot just make any decision. I am happy for your friend because he realizes that but I'm sorry for you cause you fail to realize that there is more to marriage.
Re: Controlling Wife by iice(f): 5:02am On Jul 13, 2010
This is controlling? Just pray you don't end up with a 'real' controlling one.
Wisdom apparently doesn't come with age undecided
Re: Controlling Wife by temodent(m): 5:42am On Jul 13, 2010
It's quite obvious this friend isn't married yet and if so he is going to be really an irresponsible one. Your wife is not your maid that you are just going bark order an to her, in as much as you dont expect your wife to go out without informing you and ofcourse request your for permission, you are also not expected to burst out without a mutual agreement, that's what is called being responsible.thank you
Re: Controlling Wife by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 13, 2010
Re: Controlling Wife by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 13, 2010
^^^^^Exactly but i wonder at the lack of tact of the poster's friend. Did he have to say he had to ask the wife?

Couldn't he have just said he made out time for the game?
Imagine his siblings or relatives made a request from him and he had to consult the wife. Would he go back and say his wife said this and that?

Pls in marraige both partners have to be very tactful. Little things like this have ruined many marraiges.
Re: Controlling Wife by snowdrops(m): 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2010
chaircover:

The funny thing is that the ones who are forever shouting "I wont take this from any woman blah blah blah" are[b] the ones you find washing their wives knickers in a bucket in the backyard[/b].

TUFIAKWA!!!

I go rather baff nake.d for baff-room grin
Re: Controlling Wife by MissyB1(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2010
shakerz_1:

Letting her know what he's doing is one thing, asking for permission is another thing.
Outstrip:

If I were your "friend" I will keep you far away so you do not ruin my marriage.
chaircover:

The funny thing is that the ones who are forever shouting "I wont take this from any woman blah blah blah" are the ones you find washing their wives knickers in a bucket in the backyard.
SECONDED!!!

tkjoke:

^^^^^Exactly but i wonder at the lack of tact of the poster's friend. Did he have to say he had to ask the wife?

Couldn't he have just said he made out time for the game?
Imagine his siblings or relatives made a request from him and he had to consult the wife. Would he go back and say his wife said this and that?

Pls in marraige both partners have to be very tactful. Little things like this have ruined many marraiges.

There's nuffin to be tactful about in this issue. In fact, I admire men like him.
They aren't ashamed or scared to let their friends know, how important their women's opinions are.
If Your woman or her opinion is of importance to You, let it show.
It doesn't make You a weakling or sissy.
Re: Controlling Wife by rubi(f): 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2010
Your friend consulting his wife does not mean his wife is controlling him these are some of the reasons why if anything happens to the man while in the ball game the first suspect will be his wife so she has to know his movement it is really important
Re: Controlling Wife by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2010
Missy B:

There's nuffin to be tactful about in this issue. In fact, I admire men like him.
They aren't ashamed or scared to let their friends know, how important their women's opinions are.
If Your woman or her opinion is of importance to You, let it show.
It doesn't make You a weakling or sissy.

I'm actually a female.
I don't think its a nice idea though to tell your friends you had to ask your spouse whether it was okay for you to do something. It usually brings about unneccesary sidetalk. Like in this case the poster came to nairaland. Assuming he went on to dicuss the issue with some other mutual friends, they start talking about how controlling mr X wife is etc, and start looking out for more supposed lapses, don't know if you get the picture.

My point is, in life do those things that suit you. You don't owe anybody any explanation. So he didn't want to play ball at first. If asked couldn't he say i just changed my mind or i discovered i had the time rather than saying em, i had to ask my wife.

If in future he's invited for another event and he genuinely had some work to do at the office or somewhere else, the friends would blame his absence on the wife.
Re: Controlling Wife by MissyB1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2010
tkjoke:

I don't think its a nice idea though to tell your friends you had to ask your spouse whether it was okay for you to do something.
Why not?

tkjoke:

It usually brings about unneccesary sidetalk.
That's if You care.

tkjoke:

If in future he's invited for another event and he genuinely had some work to do at the office or somewhere else, the friends would blame his absence on the wife.

I repeat . . . That's if he cares about what they've got to say.

If he actually asked his wife's permission, there's no problem in letting his friends know.
It doesn't make him a sissy, but a man who understands that in a home, the woman's opinion and consent on certain issues are as important as his.
If his friends can't understand that, it's their fault, not his.
I suggest the Poster gets a woman to settle with and therefore mind his business. cool
Re: Controlling Wife by Sissy3(f): 3:31am On Jul 14, 2010
so this is the new definition of a controlling wife?

(1) (Reply)

Family Planning Method / I Taught My Lover A Big Lesson By Killing His Only Daughter - Woman / Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.