Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? (21972 Views)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Lizard Tied To A Man's Car In The Night In Awka, Anambra (Photos) / Lady Stripped Unclad, Tied To A Pole After 'Confessing Of Being A Witch'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by beatmonster(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wealth is not tied to any religion but it is tied to culture - people's way of life.

I read a called "The Jewish phenomenon" and I understood why 40% of billionaires in US are of Jewish descent.

Bringing it home, there is a reason why southern Nigeria is more prosperous than the Northern region despite the fact they have always been in power. The culture of alamajiri, rankadede, quota system rather than merit will hold them back for a long period of time. it has a big compounding effect.

70% of children out of school reside in Northern Nigeria that's eight million which is bigger than the population of Norway

4 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
I am a staunch Christian, and I will say what a lot of prosperity preachers will never want to say:

Wealth is not tied to religion!

Wealth is tied to faith!

By faith I mean the type a farmer has when he puts a seed into the ground; the type a shop owner has when she stocks up her shop to sell, the type of faith an investor has when he/she buys company stock.

Not the "faith" of carrying all you have to give a man who has more than you!

There is a place for giving to the Church, for tithes and offerings, but please this is never a substitute for hard work.

The "devourer" God said He will rebuke in Malachi chapter 3 is simply events over which you have no control, like sickness, theft, loss of goods, etc.

God Himself has strong words against laziness. If we are to take His words in full, we need to accept what He says about hard work. "He who doesn't work will not eat" (paraphrased). He also said "obedience is better than sacrifice".

Why not obey God who says: "Go to the ant, o ye sluggard, learn from her ways and be wise" instead of "sacrificing" by packing what you have to give to a person who promised you "miraculous multiplication"?

If you obey God and work hard while giving such as He encouraged you to, you will be blessed. If anyone tells you to pack what you have and give him as "seed", be careful, because rich, successful people have one thing in common, Christian or not: all "sowed seed" of time, effort, money, and intellect believing it will yield results, and it did.

Thanks for reading.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by bobowaja(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Everything.
All he did was asked you a simple and direct question. Meanwhile, you should consider using the modify button because your answer is vague.

3 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
The author lies. He should read Malachi 3:11. Tithes has to be paid for you to become prosperous. Who will rebuke the devourer for you ehh? How will the pastors buy their jets, be able to send their children to school abroad, build mansions in Banana Island.

Don't let the God of Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome get angry with you oo.

3 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
No,wealth is not tied to a particular religion or religion in general.Some of the wealthiest people in the world are not religious.Even some atheists nations are by far more developed and wealthier than some religious nations

In my opinion Wealth is tied to hardwork,smartwork and one's dedication and determination to succeed.

3 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by PHIPEX(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
Anybody can become wealthy regardless of religion but some religious believes undermine wealth creation. Eg the Insha Allah mentality of the moslem north is inimical to wealth creation and western education. Any religion that teaches overdependence on God alone for wealth creation will have most of its members below poverty line. This explains why greater number of the Moslem world are poor e.g Northern Nigeria and some segment of Christians.

Over dependence on Miracles will hinder hard work and leads to poverty. The wealthy nations don't pray for miracles, they work "miracles".

7 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
religion is deception. Man created god in stone age out of ignorance of not understanding natural phenomenons but unfortunately refused to discard it even when science has beamed light and explained lots of these natural occurrences. It's really sad how majority of humans are living a lie.

6 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by CodeTemplar: 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
bobowaja:

All he did was asked you a simple and direct question. Meanwhile, you should consider using the modify button because your answer is vague.
Simple answer to a simple question and you are starting a debate.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by BedLam: 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
OP is wrong.

According to a study done by the nonpartisan wealth research firm New World Wealth, Christians hold the largest amount of global wealth (55% of the total world wealth), followed by Muslims (5.8%), Hindus (3.3%) and Jews (1.1%). According to the same study it was found that adherents under the classification Irreligion or other religions hold about 34.8% of the total global wealth.

The study found that 56.2% out of the 13.1 million persons listed as "Dollar Millionaires" in the World are Christians while 6.5% were Muslims, 3.9% were Hindu, and 1.7% were Jewish; 31.7% were identified as adherents of "other" religions or "not religious".

At the extreme end of the spectrum, the study found that Muslims make up the majority of the world's poor people with the Dubai based Arabic language media outfit Al Arabiya reporting that over 1 billion out of the 1.4 billion muslims in the world living below the poverty line.

The study aims to gather information which will enable aid agencies to determine areas of priority in for wealthy countries seeking to render financial assistance in the form of loans to less privileged ones.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-Muslims-are-the-richest-religious-group-in-the-world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_and_religion

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2016/04/19/Why-are-Muslim-countries-poor-.html#

Nice write up but you miss the point. God doesn't give money because you are Christian or Muslim. You effort is all that matters. Of course, Christian's would richer since they are in the developed world with democracy. Eg USA and Germany. Then you do the population math. Irreligious number is high because of Asians
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Kenoxman(m): 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
Methinks there is this peace of mind religion gives its follower. For instance,I am a christian and there is this peace of mind I get each time I feel I'm at peace with God. And with this state of mind I tend to acheive a lot wit much ease,wealth inclusive. Bt the reverse is the case whenever i feel guilty. It's all struggle wit miminal achievement. In all,I think it's a thing of the mind,be u a believer or non-believer.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by CodeTemplar: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
kmcutez:
The author lies. He should read Malachi 3:11. Tithes has to be paid for you to become prosperous. Who will rebuke the devourer for you ehh? How will the pastors buy their jets, be able to send their children to school abroad, build mansions in Banana Island.

Don't let the God of Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome get angry with you oo.
Is tithe the only condition for wealth preservation and increase?
You sound stale at best.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by simplesearch: 7:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
I Think Christianity gives the ability to people to think creatively because of the freedom it offers, unlike other religion who have so many things holding them back from going into research and exploring nature and its numerous deposit for the benefit of mankind. That's why the Most prosperous Nations of the world are either predominantly Christian or have an attachment with one. Wealth is about Mindset and Christianity offers that to its adherent in abundant.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Larryslim(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
OP is wrong.

According to a study done by the nonpartisan wealth research firm New World Wealth, Christians hold the largest amount of global wealth (55% of the total world wealth), followed by Muslims (5.8%), Hindus (3.3%) and Jews (1.1%). According to the same study it was found that adherents under the classification Irreligion or other religions hold about 34.8% of the total global wealth.

The study found that 56.2% out of the 13.1 million persons listed as "Dollar Millionaires" in the World are Christians while 6.5% were Muslims, 3.9% were Hindu, and 1.7% were Jewish; 31.7% were identified as adherents of "other" religions or "not religious".

At the extreme end of the spectrum, the study found that Muslims make up the majority of the world's poor people with the Dubai based Arabic language media outfit Al Arabiya reporting that over 1 billion out of the 1.4 billion muslims in the world living below the poverty line.

The study aims to gather information which will enable aid agencies to determine areas of priority in for wealthy countries seeking to render financial assistance in the form of loans to less privileged ones.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-Muslims-are-the-richest-religious-group-in-the-world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_and_religion

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2016/04/19/Why-are-Muslim-countries-poor-.html#

You don't have a point because you're a dumb religious bigot..
Wealth has nothing to do with religion at all..
Is any Christian country richer than the UAE??..
Start thinking!

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by CodeTemplar: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
No,wealth is not tied to a particular religion or religion in general.Some of the wealthiest people in the world are not religious.Even some atheists nations are by far more developed and wealthier than some religious nations

In my opinion Wealth is tied to hardwork,smartwork and one's dedication and determination to succeed.
Wealth answers to the above but then religion promises those things you listed. Religion is just a relationship with the good supernatural forces and it promises wisdom and power.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Is tithe the only condition for wealth preservation and increase?
You sound stale at best.

There is also first fruits, seed harvest, offerings etc but the emphasis is mostly on tithes.

2 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by SarcasticGenius(m): 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
Larryslim:

You don't have a point because you're a dumb religious bigot..
Wealth has nothing to do with religion at all..
Is any Christian country richer than the UAE??..
Start thinking!

There are at least 50 Christian nations wealthier than the UAE. Even the wealth of the arab world is only possible because Western Science and technology created the automobile industry which in turn created a market for oil. Were it not for Christians, your wretched Arab beggars would still be riding donkeys and camels, just like their slaves in Northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Veetee(m): 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
The problem with some of us is we think wealth is associated with accumulation of money only

4 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by godunia(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
Yes, Islam and Judaism, idolatry minus Christianity. Christ recommends that his followers have simple eyes, that their reward is in heaven. You can't slave for wealth and God at the same time, says Christ. Jesus was the only religious leader I know that never had a house of his own. Can a slave be greater than his master?
While there were those blessed with riches among the first century Christians, they were asked to use their money to support one another.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by nelronaldo(m): 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wealth has nothing to do with religion. I think it's a law of nature. You only reap what you sow. If you sow bountifully, you reap bountifully ; if you sow sparingly, you reap sparingly. It doesn't matter whether you are a Christian, muslim or an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Wealth answers to the above but then religion promises those things you listed. Religion is just a relationship with the good supernatural forces and it promises wisdom and power.

Well I am not a religious person but a freethinker you can tell that to a religious person.
What I earlier stated is my opinion.And you do not need to be religious to have wisdom and power in your own right.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by emezuo17: 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Yes. the world's richest men are Muslims
Lie, go and do your research well, the world's poorest are Muslims, even in Nigeria, the poorest are still the Muslim north, not minding the few billionaires they have

2 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wealth is about being smart and some hardwork. Knowing what an opportunity is and taking advantage of it. Ask any poor man in the village and he'll tell you opportunities he missed and mistakes he made.

A little education and association helps too so it's got nothing with religion.

2 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Aarondan(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
Rapmoney:
IS WEALTH TIED TO A PARTICULAR RELIGION?

Often times, I have heard people say you must subscribe to a particular religion, sow seeds, pay tithes and do as you are commanded in order to access wealth. Mentality is a very powerful phenomenon that has the capacity to uplift and also destroy people financially. It all depends on how one sees life. Your mentality rules you.

I strongly believe that the greatest manifestation of God lies in nature, which abound in every natural thing or occurrence that exist on earth. This means that nature and natural things have been given to everyone irrespective of whatever one believes in; whether Budduism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Zionism, Olokun, Ogun, Amadioha, Egbejugbele, Atheism, Polytheism or Nihilism.

Every material thing that has been invented on earth which creates wealth for the producers and others, in one way or the other, has been made from nature/natural things; again, these natural things which often translate to wealth have been given to everyone; even the so-called 'pagan'!!! How then is wealth tied to a particular religion? If you claim wealth is tied to your religion, how come wealthy people are found in all religious backgrounds?

There are natural laws that guide wealth. These laws are binding on everyone irrespective of religious affiliations. Efforts, patience, wise decisions and giving are core content of these laws. It does not matter who one gives to; whether you give to a magician, a medical doctor, a witch, a brothel operator, a pastor, an imam or an Orumila worshipper, you must always receive, for nature usually takes its course. Do not be fooled. No man is greater than this!

Scandinavian countries such as Sweden, Denmark and Norway have very strong economies, stable social and political systems, yet, majority of the citizens do not hold any religious views. They wake up every morning and do what is right, and the result shows in the standard of life they live. They neither attend pilgrimage in droves nor spend state funds unnecessarily in organising and sponsoring worshippers for same. They neither pray nor fast for their socio-economic systems to be stable! All they do is the right thing. If countries like Sweden, Denmark, Norway and China attained their present economic levels due to religious attachment, then I too would like to identify with and worship the God that is worshipped in these countries!!! It means their God is more concerned or interested in giving wealth to individuals and societies than the one that has been created in the minds of many poor Africans!

Japan is among the countries with the highest per capita income in the world, which is above 29,000 US Dollars! Do you think they were too religious to have attained that?

Before you become a religious zealot in calling me an atheist, I am not. I believe there is a Supreme Force which manifests 'himself' in nature and nothing more. I don't know what you call this Supreme Force as that is irrelevant to me. My belief was not drawn from any religious book but through personal conviction. He does not require anything, be it gifts or whatever, from us to be successful. The natural laws for wealth which have been laid down are the requirements. When you create a relationship with NATURE, you will discover the laws. The attributes many religious folks ascribe to the Supreme Force is often times ridiculous. This Spirit or Force cannot be in the form of man as many erroneously think. He does not grant us electricity when we pray for NEPA to 'bring' light. 'God, make NEPA bring light' cannot be how NATURE wants us to tackle power failure in Nigeria. The resources have been presented to us to use.

The over dependency on unreliable phenomena such as faith has made many to blindly become lazy which contradicts the natural laws of wealth. If our pockets are empty, they should be able to ask our brains and hands why it is so and not asking some magic daddy we have created in our minds who doles out money in different currencies to his 'children'.

Written by Kelvin Ukachukwu,
Media Consultant and CEO,
Alpha Dream Team Entertainment.
kelvin.ukachukwu.nwosu@gmail.com
Good topic to discuss about
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by CodeTemplar: 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
kmcutez:

There is also first fruits, seed harvest, offerings etc but the emphasis is mostly on tithes.
The Bible also commands work. Adam was mandated to look after the garden and then driven out to toil the ground. same God who gave these directives also gave us wisdom ( industrialization ) to do so much. It when people believe God to drop wealth from heaven that confusion comes. God gives wisdom liberally James 1:5
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
Whilst there is an "empowerement" for wealth "remeber thee thy Lord your God for he is the one who gives power to get wealth", Wealth answers to the combination of Hardwork, Wisdom and Giving. Anyone who is able to combine the three will become wealthy regardless the religion.

2 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by KoeChz(m): 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2018
Religion doesn't give wealth or prosperity, rather they take it away from you thru deceit and false doctrines. The most religiously devoted members in your church or mosque are not rich (they might nt be really poor tho)

3 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by CodeTemplar: 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Well I am not a religious person but a freethinker you can tell that to a religious person.
What I earlier stated is my opinion.And you do not need to be religious to have wisdom and power in your own right.
Do you believe in the existence of spirits, spiritism practices like occult, witchcraft at all ?
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by AreaFada2: 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
Lincoln275:
Having a PVC is important but coming out to vote with it during the general elections is importanter. Am I communicating?

No bruv! Try to Atikulate in order to communicate. grin cheesy

Op, let them be waiting for miracle there. If Scandinavia & Japan waited for miracle, by now Trump will be bundling their citizens back after 35 years of stay in America to their "Sh!thole". cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Do you believe in the existence of spirits, spiritism practices like occult, witchcraft at all ?

Nope.It is all in Nollywood movies.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by KoeChz(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
majekdom2:
Whilst there is an "empowerement" for wealth. Wealth answers to the combination of Hardwork, Wisdom and Giving. Anyone who is able to combine the three will become wealthy regardless the religion.
partially subscribed to that

there are wicked forces that might want to oppose to that; witches...remember we are Africans

need a super power to neutralize it. Or better still black for black

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celestial Church Members Claim Late Rev Samuel Oshoffa 'Visited' During Service / See What Happened At Amphithearter OAU When Apostle Joshua Selman Was Unaviodabl / Bishop Mike-Okonkwo Celebrates 70th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.