Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? (22148 Views)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Lizard Tied To A Man's Car In The Night In Awka, Anambra (Photos) / Lady Stripped Unclad, Tied To A Pole After 'Confessing Of Being A Witch'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Aarondan(m): 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
kmcutez:
The author lies. He should read Malachi 3:11. Tithes has to be paid for you to become prosperous. Who will rebuke the devourer for you ehh? How will the pastors buy their jets, be able to send their children to school abroad, build mansions in Banana Island.

Don't let the God of Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome get angry with you oo.
Is my tithes that they collect made you poor?
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Teaser4(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
the answers are around u..Even history books can help u..Only a delusional homoerectus would follow a blind path to believing wealth is attached to something else other than the conventional means.
you're not only committing fallacy, you're abusing common sense...go preach to you fellow mumu in ya church.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by diliekene: 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2018
Rapmoney:
IS WEALTH TIED TO A PARTICULAR RELIGION?

Often times, I have heard people say you must subscribe to a particular religion, sow seeds, pay tithes and do as you are commanded in order to access wealth. Mentality is a very powerful phenomenon that has the capacity to uplift and also destroy people financially. It all depends on how one sees life. Your mentality rules you.

I strongly believe that the greatest manifestation of God lies in nature, which abound in every natural thing or occurrence that exist on earth. This means that nature and natural things have been given to everyone irrespective of whatever one believes in; whether Budduism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Zionism, Olokun, Ogun, Amadioha, Egbejugbele, Atheism, Polytheism or Nihilism.

Every material thing that has been invented on earth which creates wealth for the producers and others, in one way or the other, has been made from nature/natural things; again, these natural things which often translate to wealth have been given to everyone; even the so-called 'pagan'!!! How then is wealth tied to a particular religion? If you claim wealth is tied to your religion, how come wealthy people are found in all religious backgrounds?

There are natural laws that guide wealth. These laws are binding on everyone irrespective of religious affiliations. Efforts, patience, wise decisions and giving are core content of these laws. It does not matter who one gives to; whether you give to a magician, a medical doctor, a witch, a brothel operator, a pastor, an imam or an Orumila worshipper, you must always receive, for nature usually takes its course. Do not be fooled. No man is greater than this!

Scandinavian countries such as Sweden, Denmark and Norway have very strong economies, stable social and political systems, yet, majority of the citizens do not hold any religious views. They wake up every morning and do what is right, and the result shows in the standard of life they live. They neither attend pilgrimage in droves nor spend state funds unnecessarily in organising and sponsoring worshippers for same. They neither pray nor fast for their socio-economic systems to be stable! All they do is the right thing. If countries like Sweden, Denmark, Norway and China attained their present economic levels due to religious attachment, then I too would like to identify with and worship the God that is worshipped in these countries!!! It means their God is more concerned or interested in giving wealth to individuals and societies than the one that has been created in the minds of many poor Africans!

Japan is among the countries with the highest per capita income in the world, which is above 29,000 US Dollars! Do you think they were too religious to have attained that?

Before you become a religious zealot in calling me an atheist, I am not. I believe there is a Supreme Force which manifests 'himself' in nature and nothing more. I don't know what you call this Supreme Force as that is irrelevant to me. My belief was not drawn from any religious book but through personal conviction. He does not require anything, be it gifts or whatever, from us to be successful. The natural laws for wealth which have been laid down are the requirements. When you create a relationship with NATURE, you will discover the laws. The attributes many religious folks ascribe to the Supreme Force is often times ridiculous. This Spirit or Force cannot be in the form of man as many erroneously think. He does not grant us electricity when we pray for NEPA to 'bring' light. 'God, make NEPA bring light' cannot be how NATURE wants us to tackle power failure in Nigeria. The resources have been presented to us to use.

The over dependency on unreliable phenomena such as faith has made many to blindly become lazy which contradicts the natural laws of wealth. If our pockets are empty, they should be able to ask our brains and hands why it is so and not asking some magic daddy we have created in our minds who doles out money in different currencies to his 'children'.

Written by Kelvin Ukachukwu,
Media Consultant and CEO,
Alpha Dream Team Entertainment.
kelvin.ukachukwu.nwosu@gmail.com
a very interesting write up i must say but let me drop some point here say u talk about a force when we are one with that force if am quoting u right well that. Force is God in Nigerian contents look not matter how hard you work to get the paper there is always the God effect in hustle cos the truth is we are always trying to be put in right with the force/God so that the hustle pays my question to u sir is do u believe there is a God?
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Aaronsrod: 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Everything.

Correct.

Our God is a God of riches and the God of the Richest.

If we do not pray and obey, God will not pay!
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by RichAnez: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
Rapmoney:
IS WEALTH TIED TO A PARTICULAR RELIGION?

Often times, I have heard people say you must subscribe to a particular religion, sow seeds, pay tithes and do as you are commanded in order to access wealth. Mentality is a very powerful phenomenon that has the capacity to uplift and also destroy people financially. It all depends on how one sees life. Your mentality rules you.

I strongly believe that the greatest manifestation of God lies in nature, which abound in every natural thing or occurrence that exist on earth. This means that nature and natural things have been given to everyone irrespective of whatever one believes in; whether Budduism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Zionism, Olokun, Ogun, Amadioha, Egbejugbele, Atheism, Polytheism or Nihilism.

Every material thing that has been invented on earth which creates wealth for the producers and others, in one way or the other, has been made from nature/natural things; again, these natural things which often translate to wealth have been given to everyone; even the so-called 'pagan'!!! How then is wealth tied to a particular religion? If you claim wealth is tied to your religion, how come wealthy people are found in all religious backgrounds?

There are natural laws that guide wealth. These laws are binding on everyone irrespective of religious affiliations. Efforts, patience, wise decisions and giving are core content of these laws. It does not matter who one gives to; whether you give to a magician, a medical doctor, a witch, a brothel operator, a pastor, an imam or an Orumila worshipper, you must always receive, for nature usually takes its course. Do not be fooled. No man is greater than this!

Scandinavian countries such as Sweden, Denmark and Norway have very strong economies, stable social and political systems, yet, majority of the citizens do not hold any religious views. They wake up every morning and do what is right, and the result shows in the standard of life they live. They neither attend pilgrimage in droves nor spend state funds unnecessarily in organising and sponsoring worshippers for same. They neither pray nor fast for their socio-economic systems to be stable! All they do is the right thing. If countries like Sweden, Denmark, Norway and China attained their present economic levels due to religious attachment, then I too would like to identify with and worship the God that is worshipped in these countries!!! It means their God is more concerned or interested in giving wealth to individuals and societies than the one that has been created in the minds of many poor Africans!

Japan is among the countries with the highest per capita income in the world, which is above 29,000 US Dollars! Do you think they were too religious to have attained that?

Before you become a religious zealot in calling me an atheist, I am not. I believe there is a Supreme Force which manifests 'himself' in nature and nothing more. I don't know what you call this Supreme Force as that is irrelevant to me. My belief was not drawn from any religious book but through personal conviction. He does not require anything, be it gifts or whatever, from us to be successful. The natural laws for wealth which have been laid down are the requirements. When you create a relationship with NATURE, you will discover the laws. The attributes many religious folks ascribe to the Supreme Force is often times ridiculous. This Spirit or Force cannot be in the form of man as many erroneously think. He does not grant us electricity when we pray for NEPA to 'bring' light. 'God, make NEPA bring light' cannot be how NATURE wants us to tackle power failure in Nigeria. The resources have been presented to us to use.

The over dependency on unreliable phenomena such as faith has made many to blindly become lazy which contradicts the natural laws of wealth. If our pockets are empty, they should be able to ask our brains and hands why it is so and not asking some magic daddy we have created in our minds who doles out money in different currencies to his 'children'.

Written by Kelvin Ukachukwu,
Media Consultant and CEO,
Alpha Dream Team Entertainment.
kelvin.ukachukwu.nwosu@gmail.com
cos you cant make extra ordinary wealth without being spiritual, both positively or negatively

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
close 80% of Danes and Swedes are Christians...poster don't teach me nonsense

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
Teaser4:
you're not only committing fallacy, you're abusing common sense...go preach to you fellow mumu in ya church.
you aren't only insulting your teachers but u are also disgracing your existence with reckless abandon...U lack basic comprehension skill sets..How u will function properly in a society with fast growing intelligent kids is what u should worry more about now...My comment to intelligent people will explain ny stance that wealth can never be attached to faith or religion..But the term conventional confused u because u are one of the brain drained era of kids....

Abeg someone help me attach that meme..Someone's who has something important to say come forward �����

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Ishilove: 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Wealth is about being smart and some hardwork. Knowing what an opportunity is and taking advantage of it. Ask any poor man in the village and he'll tell you opportunities he missed and mistakes he made.

A little education and association helps too so it's got nothing with religion.
'Village poeple' and 'remote control' is also a factor. There's something called 'territorial spirit of poverty', 'ancestral spirit of poverty', and 'the spirit of poverty of your father's house/village'.

We also have household witchcraft, family witchcraft and marine spirit witchcraft. All these can affect a man's progress.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by IBreakRules: 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
I'm sorry for derailing. If you are a lover of art, I bet you would like one of these.
To see more and book for yours at affordablw prices, call/whatsapp 0 8 0 3 1 1 5 6 5 6 2.

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by OtemAtum: 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Everything.
Give examples pls
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by udz: 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Wealth has little to do with religion but prosperity has a lot to do with religion.
Wealth can be created and that explains why an atheist who works has something to fall back to but lazy religious folks who miss their priority have little to call theirs.

A Mumu has been spotted
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by adedehinbo(m): 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
OP is wrong.

According to a study done by the nonpartisan wealth research firm New World Wealth, Christians hold the largest amount of global wealth (55% of the total world wealth), followed by Muslims (5.8%), Hindus (3.3%) and Jews (1.1%). According to the same study it was found that adherents under the classification Irreligion or other religions hold about 34.8% of the total global wealth.

The study found that 56.2% out of the 13.1 million persons listed as "Dollar Millionaires" in the World are Christians while 6.5% were Muslims, 3.9% were Hindu, and 1.7% were Jewish; 31.7% were identified as adherents of "other" religions or "not religious".

At the extreme end of the spectrum, the study found that Muslims make up the majority of the world's poor people with the Dubai based Arabic language media outfit Al Arabiya reporting that over 1 billion out of the 1.4 billion muslims in the world living below the poverty line.

The study aims to gather information which will enable aid agencies to determine areas of priority in for wealthy countries seeking to render financial assistance in the form of loans to less privileged ones.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-Muslims-are-the-richest-religious-group-in-the-world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_and_religion

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2016/04/19/Why-are-Muslim-countries-poor-.html#

you somehow wrong or biased,there re many online polls which states Muslim countries being the richest,take for eg Kuwait,Saudi and many more are powerful rich countries, the article you posted is based on biasness from an hypocrite
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by tartar9(m): 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2018
emezuo17:
[s] Lie, go and do your research well, the world's poorest are Muslims, even in Nigeria, the poorest are still the Muslim north, not minding the few billionaires they have[/s]
Stop talking trash.The top poorest countries in the world are in sub-Saharan Africa and are mainly christains.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by CodeTemplar: 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
OtemAtum:
Give examples pls
The spiritual controls the physical and that is the the foundation of religion. It is clearly stated allover the bible. I can receive wisdom from God to improve a particular product and thereby attract wealth to myself.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ishilove:

'Village poeple' and 'remote control' is also a factor. There's something called 'territorial spirit of poverty', 'ancestral spirit of poverty', and 'the spirit of poverty of your father's house/village'.

We also have household witchcraft, family witchcraft and marine spirit witchcraft. All these can affect a man's progress.
Maybe those affect only Africans and that's because they believe in them.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by CodeTemplar: 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2018
udz:

A Mumu has been spotted
A wiseman who can't make meaningful contribution has been spotted.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
emeijeh:

You must be an importer grin

Jokes on you.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
IrokoOluwere:

Trash !
No be only prosperity .
You will still see praspadoratimi . Clown !

Read slowly, you missed his point.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by OtemAtum: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The spiritual controls the physical and that is the the foundation of religion. It is clearly stated allover the bible. I can receive wisdom from God to improve a particular product and thereby attract wealth to myself.
Religion is a false version of spirituality, so it had nothing to do with prosperity. The actual spirit realm is not as any religion of the world portrays it. Religion is a mere scam.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Ishilove: 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Maybe those affect only Africans and that's because they believe in them.
African metaphysics, aka jazz is very real. In the western world Satanism, bewitchment, occultism and witchcraft (they call themselves Wicca) exist and are very active.

Long story short, different societies have their own unique kinds of witchcraft. For Africa our own na to use our family members donate for esusu grin

Jokes aside, the Bible says the race is not to the strong or the battle to the mighty. God lifts some up and beings others down. You can work like jacki but still eat like an ant. It is the grace of God that separates the next man from the other.

2 Likes

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by IrokoOluwere: 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
emrain:

Read slowly, you missed his point.
Shut up
Clown!
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by tartar9(m): 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
OP is wrong.

According to a study done by the nonpartisan wealth research firm New World Wealth, Christians hold the largest amount of global wealth (55% of the total world wealth), followed by Muslims (5.8%), Hindus (3.3%) and Jews (1.1%). According to the same study it was found that adherents under the classification Irreligion or other religions hold about 34.8% of the total global wealth.

The study found that 56.2% out of the 13.1 million persons listed as "Dollar Millionaires" in the World are Christians while 6.5% were Muslims, 3.9% were Hindu, and 1.7% were Jewish; 31.7% were identified as adherents of "other" religions or "not religious".

At the extreme end of the spectrum, the study found that Muslims make up the majority of the world's poor people with the Dubai based Arabic language media outfit Al Arabiya reporting that over 1 billion out of the 1.4 billion muslims in the world living below the poverty line.

The study aims to gather information which will enable aid agencies to determine areas of priority in for wealthy countries seeking to render financial assistance in the form of loans to less privileged ones.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-Muslims-are-the-richest-religious-group-in-the-world

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2016/04/19/Why-are-Muslim-countries-poor-.html#

And what percentage of christains are non-westerners and what percentage of this wealth belongs to the west undecided
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by GoldHorse(m): 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
God does not subscribe to religion. He is just GOD. He is MATTER. Some say he is ENERGY.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Lincoln275(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
emeijeh:

You must be an importer grin
importer of what? if I may know
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by ogbevireo(m): 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Wealth has little to do with religion but prosperity has a lot to do with religion.
Wealth can be created and that explains why an atheist who works has something to fall back to but lazy religious folks who miss their priority have little to call theirs.

Does this 'prosperity' you mentioned in your post have a different meaning from the English definition of the word prosperity?

I ask because the dictionary says they are synonyms.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
OP is wrong.

Jews hold more wealth than than any group of people on this planet.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by CodeTemplar: 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
ogbevireo:

Does this 'prosperity' you mentioned in your post have a different meaning from the English definition of the word prosperity?

I ask because the dictionary says they are synonyms.
??
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nuzo1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
The Scandinavians, Germans, Americans, east/southeast Asia are not religious people but they make progress.

Why?

They simply apply religious/spiritual principles like JANTE's law, PROTESTANT WORK ETHIC, MAGNA-CARTA AND NEW-CONFUCIUS principles in their daily activities.

97% of these principles were drawn from the major religions we have today.

Most poor countries like Nigeria are just religious but don't practice the core values of those religions.

Hardwork, selflessness, filial piety, justice, forgiveness, equality, honesty etc are all Christian/Muslim core principles. They are also the core principles of an average Scandinavian or any person from any developed society.

Summarily, being religious does not make people rich. But practising some religious principles makes people rich.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
emeijeh:
No o

See Dangote
Jack Ma
Zuckerberg
Bill Gates

And some silent Billionaire Christians

It's a mix bro

The only Christians billionaires we know are all pastors if I am lying you can correct me
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by mt77: 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2018
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ishilove:

African metaphysics, aka jazz is very real. In the western world Satanism, bewitchment, occultism and witchcraft (they call themselves Wicca) exist and are very active.

Long story short, different societies have their own unique kinds of witchcraft. For Africa our own na to use our family members donate for esusu grin

Jokes aside, the Bible says the race is not to the strong or the battle to the mighty. God lifts some up and beings others down. You can work like jacki but still eat like an ant. It is the grace of God that separates the next man from the other.
Let me ask you this question. A man that works and earns salary, will the witches be deducting money from his salary? A businessman that is smart and economical with funds, will witches break his store to steal his goods or break into his bank account? Problem with Africans is that we always look for reasons for our failures and that's why church business is the order of the day. Young people instead of rebranding themselves and look for means of livelihood, go to the churches searching for solution where there are no problems.
People that think positive always have positive results. As I'm talking to you, I already have my 50yrs and 75yrs plans. I'm not 35 yet but I already have the plans and all I need is to work hard towards them, not believing that one witch or the other will thwart them. As long as a man lives, there are opportunities for him to change his life and to grab or not grab them is entirely on him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram / Do Dreams Really Matter? / Bristow Crash Survivors Testify That T.B Joshua’s Morning Water Saved Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.