Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? (21975 Views)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Lizard Tied To A Man's Car In The Night In Awka, Anambra (Photos) / Lady Stripped Unclad, Tied To A Pole After 'Confessing Of Being A Witch'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by KazeemIbrahim1: 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
simplesearch:

I Think Christianity gives the ability to people to think creatively because of the freedom it offers, unlike other religion who have so many things holding them back from going into research and exploring nature and its numerous deposit for the benefit of mankind. That's why the Most prosperous Nations of the world are either predominantly Christian or have an attachment with one. Wealth is about Mindset and Christianity offers that to its adherent in abundant.
No sir. The richest countries in the world are economically and politically stable. It has nothing to do with religion.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by drakeli: 9:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
BedLam:
Nice write up but you miss the point. God doesn't give money because you are Christian or Muslim. You effort is all that matters. Of course, Christian's would richer since they are in the developed world with democracy. Eg USA and Germany. Then you do the population math. Irreligious number is high because of Asians

No you are wrong. Christians are not richer because they are in those countries as if it’s the countries that give them the riches.

Rather, they use their riches to enrich their countries and create the kind of countries they want for themselves with their riches making them envies of other countries. A country is whatever you make it to be. But some other people in some other religion used whatever they have to create a “shithole” countries for themselves.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by BedLam: 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
drakeli:

No you are wrong. Christians are not richer because they are in those countries as if it’s the countries that give them the riches.

Rather, they use their riches to enrich their countries and create the kind of countries they want for themselves with their riches making them envies of other countries. A country is whatever you make it to be. But some other people in some other religion used whatever they have to create a “shithole” countries for themselves.
So what about other Christian countries that are on the opposite of what you mentioned. And I didn't see where I wrote that " Christians are richer because they are in those countries " . I was only interested in the geo-religious distribution of wealth.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Lilimax(f): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
OP is wrong.

According to a study done by the nonpartisan wealth research firm New World Wealth, Christians hold the largest amount of global wealth (55% of the total world wealth), followed by Muslims (5.8%), Hindus (3.3%) and Jews (1.1%). According to the same study it was found that adherents under the classification Irreligion or other religions hold about 34.8% of the total global wealth.

The study found that 56.2% out of the 13.1 million persons listed as "Dollar Millionaires" in the World are Christians while 6.5% were Muslims, 3.9% were Hindu, and 1.7% were Jewish; 31.7% were identified as adherents of "other" religions or "not religious".

At the extreme end of the spectrum, the study found that Muslims make up the majority of the world's poor people with the Dubai based Arabic language media outfit Al Arabiya reporting that over 1 billion out of the 1.4 billion muslims in the world living below the poverty line.

The study aims to gather information which will enable aid agencies to determine areas of priority in for wealthy countries seeking to render financial assistance in the form of loans to less privileged ones.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-Muslims-are-the-richest-religious-group-in-the-world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_and_religion

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2016/04/19/Why-are-Muslim-countries-poor-.html#

Correct!!

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Rapmoney(m): 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
RichAnez:
cos you cant make extra ordinary wealth without being spiritual, both positively or negatively
So what's the spirituality for one who is a Nihilist and wealthy?
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Lilimax(f): 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2018
simplesearch:

I Think Christianity gives the ability to people to think creatively because of the freedom it offers, unlike other religion who have so many things holding them back from going into research and exploring nature and its numerous deposit for the benefit of mankind. That's why the Most prosperous Nations of the world are either predominantly Christian or have an attachment with one. Wealth is about Mindset and Christianity offers that to its adherent in abundant.
Well said! Some religion kept their followers in bondage preventing them from using their God given potential and talents. That religion is made for the stone age! Will never be associated with with it.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Cpolicy(m): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
Rapmoney:
IS WEALTH TIED TO A PARTICULAR RELIGION?

Before you become a religious zealot in calling me an atheist, I am not. I believe there is a Supreme Force which manifests 'himself' in nature and nothing more. I don't know what you call this Supreme Force as that is irrelevant to me. My belief was not drawn from any religious book but through personal conviction. He does not require anything, be it gifts or whatever, from us to be successful. The natural laws for wealth which have been laid down are the requirements. When you create a relationship with NATURE, you will discover the laws. The attributes many religious folks ascribe to the Supreme Force is often times ridiculous. This Spirit or Force cannot be in the form of man as many erroneously think. He does not grant us electricity when we pray for NEPA to 'bring' light. 'God, make NEPA bring light' cannot be how NATURE wants us to tackle power failure in Nigeria. The resources have been presented to us to use.

The over dependency on unreliable phenomena such as faith has made many to blindly become lazy which contradicts the natural laws of wealth. If our pockets are empty, they should be able to ask our brains and hands why it is so and not asking some magic daddy we have created in our minds who doles out money in different currencies to his 'children'.

Written by Kelvin Ukachukwu,
Media Consultant and CEO,
Alpha Dream Team Entertainment.
kelvin.ukachukwu.nwosu@gmail.com

Have you read the book "the science of getting rich"?
Your article does sounds like it was extracted from there.

PS: I do share your opinion.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by iammolise(m): 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
OP you might be right or you might be wrong... What do I know?

All I know is that everything in life is base on "BELIEF"

Many occurrences and events all round has made me draw up a conclusion that whatsoever one could apply one's belief on works for him.

so with that being said, if anyone believes paying tithe in church produces wealth for him then that's what it is... And if another believe one oracle or juju does same for him then who am I to dispute... And for those that don't believe in anything, well they're still amongst us aren't they?, they haven't faded away, have they?

Until the time comes when we'll all know the true force ruling over all, wether it's of Christian beliefs or Islam's or idolist or atheist etc... Let's live in the moment and make sure to do right by ourselves.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by chyckxx(m): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
Queenserah26:
Wealth has nothing to do with religion.

There are principles that must be adhered to irrespective of your religious inclinations. #My take#
What are these principles?

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobodys(f): 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Let me ask you this question. A man that works and earns salary, will the witches be deducting money from his salary? A businessman that is smart and economical with funds, will witches break his store to steal his goods or break into his bank account? Problem with Africans is that we always look for reasons for our failures and that's why church business is the order of the day. Young people instead of rebranding themselves and look for means of livelihood, go to the churches searching for solution where there are no problems.
People that think positive always have positive results. As I'm talking to you, I already have my 50yrs and 75yrs plans. I'm not 35 yet but I already have the plans and all I need is to work hard towards them, not believing that one witch or the other will thwart them. As long as a man lives, there are opportunities for him to change his life and to grab or not grab them is entirely on him.
. Well said Major, well said.. Your words are inspiring.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
That's what Nigeria authority in all levels has turned Nigerians to since 1914.

Biafra restoration is the only solution that can stop all these zombies mentality created by Nigerian politicians in authorities turning people into professional zombies and begers.

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by kazyhm(m): 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
OP is wrong.

According to a study done by the nonpartisan wealth research firm New World Wealth, Christians hold the largest amount of global wealth (55% of the total world wealth), followed by Muslims (5.8%), Hindus (3.3%) and Jews (1.1%). According to the same study it was found that adherents under the classification Irreligion or other religions hold about 34.8% of the total global wealth.

The study found that 56.2% out of the 13.1 million persons listed as "Dollar Millionaires" in the World are Christians while 6.5% were Muslims, 3.9% were Hindu, and 1.7% were Jewish; 31.7% were identified as adherents of "other" religions or "not religious".

At the extreme end of the spectrum, the study found that Muslims make up the majority of the world's poor people with the Dubai based Arabic language media outfit Al Arabiya reporting that over 1 billion out of the 1.4 billion muslims in the world living below the poverty line.

The study aims to gather information which will enable aid agencies to determine areas of priority in for wealthy countries seeking to render financial assistance in the form of loans to less privileged ones.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-Muslims-are-the-richest-religious-group-in-the-world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_and_religion

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2016/04/19/Why-are-Muslim-countries-poor-.html#

You and the researcher lack basic interpretations of statistics..... Little as it may....you don't understand your own findings

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by SoaringLife01: 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wealth is not tied to any particular religion.It is as a result of practising the Princioles of Wealth.Nature somehow depicts some of the principle to us: The Law of Seed Time and Harvest.
All the principles of wealth are in the Holy Bible.One of the major factors of wealth is hardwork/being diligent,which is stated many times in the Bible.
Nigeria being a religious country and yet still a third world country is because we are not practising the principles in the Bible as we ought to.
Greed is our bane of being underdeveloped ,and not religion.
If we all should practise the Principles given to us by God in the Bible ,we will be a great country.
Another cause of we being underdeveloped is our culture of bloodletting.How can our country progress when during festivals ,non-indigenes blood are shed.And this is why money ritual killing can't stop.Some even kill their fellow Nigerians for protection rituals.How can we develop when the land is full of innocent blood shed on the ground.
The Nordic countries you measured have high regard for the life of their fellow humans.
Being religious does not affect one's productivity at all .Instead ,it should enhance it.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by nextstep(m): 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
OP: most of the countries that you mention as being wealthy were once poor and "remote" parts of the world until they stopped believing so strongly and exclusively in mythical beings and started applying critical thought in their approach to nature (science and engineering), and to each other (rule of man-made laws and democratic government). I believe the Great Plague had a role to play in spurring a more "here-and-now"-centric approach to life (as opposed to the afterlife) once they realized that religion did not save an estimated 60% of Europe's total population from inexplicable death.

Kingosytex:
wealth has nothing to do with religion

Actually it's an inverse relationship: the more religious a society, the poorer it tends to be.
Europe was a relatively poor place up until 1500s when religion started losing its grip on people. Until then most human endeavor was used for the glory of the church. Religion was also used as rhetoric against new thoughts or finding solutions to present problems: if somebody died of disease or starvation, ... well, that was God's will; and afterall, after death one was assured an afterlife of abundance and happiness.

It's my honest view that religion has done the most harm to humans, socioculturally, and in terms of increasing standards of living and productivity (which is wealth). It's not any particular religion - but the over-reliance on religion and the belief in mystical favor - that tends to determine a society's relative wealth.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Evince(m): 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
Rapmoney:
IS WEALTH TIED TO A PARTICULAR RELIGION?

There are natural laws that guide wealth. These laws are binding on everyone irrespective of religious affiliations. Efforts, patience, wise decisions and giving are core content of these laws. It does not matter who one gives to; whether you give to a magician, a medical doctor, a witch, a brothel operator, a pastor, an imam or an Orumila worshipper, you must always receive, for nature usually takes its course. Do not be fooled. No man is greater than this!

i agree with all u said except that of giving. giving is a minus from ur hand and does not generate wealth rather giving gives joy when u use it to solve someones problem. If u had said investing then i would agree with u because investing invole giving into smtn to yield smtn later. The giving u referred to doesnt create wealth at all. Now giving can be profitable when some1 u gave to remember u when he has more or when some1 favours u because he knows that u give anything other than these, giving out remains a minus.

i give always to meet the need of a needy so it hasnt created any wealth other than the wealth i kept creating by using my brain and planning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Ishilove: 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Let me ask you this question. A man that works and earns salary, will the witches be deducting money from his salary? A businessman that is smart and economical with funds, will witches break his store to steal his goods or break into his bank account? Problem with Africans is that we always look for reasons for our failures and that's why church business is the order of the day. Young people instead of rebranding themselves and look for means of livelihood, go to the churches searching for solution where there are no problems.
People that think positive always have positive results. As I'm talking to you, I already have my 50yrs and 75yrs plans. I'm not 35 yet but I already have the plans and all I need is to work hard towards them, not believing that one witch or the other will thwart them. As long as a man lives, there are opportunities for him to change his life and to grab or not grab them is entirely on him.
You have made solid points which are to some extents true, but this world is a dark, mysterious place. While hard work and smart thinking can take a man places, as you rightly pointed out, understand that the spiritual controls the physical. Before anything happens in the physical, it has already been concluded in the spirit. A man with a polluted spiritual background or operating under malevolent oppression will make decisions that may seem favourable at first, but in the long run will come back to bite him in the ass.

A business man that is smart and economical with funds can build on his wise business decisions to create a business empire for himself, but if his spirit man is bewitched, he will find that the empire he had built will turn to ashes in a blink of an eye.

The oppressed salary earner will get kicked out of the job that gives him his daily bread, or be beset with problems that will ensure his salary is used in solving non-stop problems, so much so that he won't even understand how his salary finishes before he can even spend it on something tangible.

Guy forget. Jazz is real, that's why we should always hide in the shadow of God's wings and pray for wisdom and grace to lead productive lives because without grace, our best laid out plans are nothing but dust and ashes.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
Nobodys:
. Well said Major, well said.. Your words are inspiring.

Thank you Swery, I'm humbled.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by jojothaiv(m): 12:39am On Oct 10, 2018
Benekruku:
Visit a Pentecostal church
Only there you can arrive at a conclusion
And this is what we call empirical finding and analysis...
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by bezimo(m): 2:29am On Oct 10, 2018
Deut 8:18..Thou shall remember the Lord that God for its he that giveth the power to get wealth..but there are many poor Christians and also many wealthy Christians..so it's a factor of God and other things..
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 10, 2018
YES! Becoming a manager of poverty is what Jesus taught His followers. A Christian can manage his/her poverty level until he/she dies with the wisdom from above. Poverty is an inheritance from Adam(Genesis 3:17-19) and so all humans became managers of poverty. But Satan is trying to make things harder for faithful humans so that they'll take a shortcut to do away with poverty. Job 1:6-22 Satan knows that no human is truly wealthy since we'll die and leave whatever we accumulate. Psalms 49:6-10
We're living in the last days and Satan has started calling for worshippers to sell their souls in exchange for perishable items called "wealth". Luke 4:6,7 compared to Revelations 13:16-18
So in a nutshell there is a religion to which the so called "wealth" is tied and those going there knows for sure whom they're worshipping! 1John 2:15-17 But the irony of the matter is that most of those worshipping Money don't even realize it (Luke 16:13) it's only those who truly knows their god that are controlling the so called WEALTH while their foolish followers are hailing them. Thanks and God bless you!
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by FirePower1(m): 11:15am On Oct 10, 2018
Our real value does depend so much on who are and not what we have. If you agree with me, you will see life differently. Life is not all about the money o. The most influential man who ever live is Jesus and he is not considered rich in worldly terms.
Luk 12:15 KJV And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by FirePower1(m): 11:35am On Oct 10, 2018
TATIME:
YES! Becoming a manager of poverty is what Jesus taught His followers. A Christian can manage his/her poverty level until he/she dies with the wisdom from above. Poverty is an inheritance from Adam(Genesis 3:17-19) and so all humans became managers of poverty. But Satan is trying to make things harder for faithful humans so that they'll take a shortcut to do away with poverty. Job 1:6-22 Satan knows that no human is truly wealthy since we'll die and leave whatever we accumulate. Psalms 49:6-10
We're living in the last days and Satan has started calling for worshippers to sell their souls in exchange for perishable items called "wealth". Luke 4:6,7 compared to Revelations 13:16-18
So in a nutshell there is a religion to which the so called "wealth" is tied and those going there knows for sure whom they're worshipping! 1John 2:15-17 But the irony of the matter is that most of those worshipping Money don't even realize it (Luke 16:13) it's only those who truly knows their god that are controlling the so called WEALTH while their foolish followers are hailing them. Thanks and God bless you!
Jesus Christ teaches us to manage the situations whether wealth or poverty so that through them we may remain worshipers of God and not be corrupted by them (poverty and prosperity both have the power to corrupt) into evil lifestyles.
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
FirePower1:

Jesus Christ teaches us to manage the situations whether wealth or poverty so that through them we may remain worshipers of God and not be corrupted by them (poverty and prosperity both have the power to corrupt) into evil lifestyles.
You're right but majority don't know this,they're thinking once you're worshipping God it's enjoyment all through. As regards poverty, it's clear that Adam and his offspring will experience it. Wealth is nothing without health and health is when you're able to live without any sickness or having the fear of death. This is what plunges mankind into all sorts of hastiness to have it all within a short period of time. That's mental illness so true wealth is nowhere to be found now! God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by emezuo17: 6:45am On Oct 12, 2018
tartar9:

Stop talking trash.The top poorest countries in the world are in sub-Saharan Africa and are mainly christains.
. So sub Saharan Africa are mainly Christians abi, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Gambia, Togo, Benin, Chad are mainly Christians abi?
Re: Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? by tartar9(m): 11:32am On Oct 13, 2018
emezuo17:
. So sub Saharan Africa are mainly Christians abi, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Gambia, Togo, Benin, Chad are mainly Christians abi?
Do you understand the meaning of mainly undecided
You even add the non-Muslim own join

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celestial Church Members Claim Late Rev Samuel Oshoffa 'Visited' During Service / Bishop Mike-Okonkwo Celebrates 70th Birthday (Photos) / How Giving Just N200 Got Me N5000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.