Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Religious Tolerance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Tolerance (286 Views)

Religious Tolerance / Pope Francis Urges Nigerians To Imbibe Religious Tolerance / Will Secularism Promote Religious Tolerance In Nigeria ? What's Your Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Tolerance by pressplay411(m): 7:35pm On Oct 09, 2018
Religious Tolerance

How can I tolerate your religion when we have been taught we are enemies?
How can I tolerate you when all we see in each other is not our common grounds but our differences?
How can we tolerate each other when we were raised to hate each other?
How can we tolerate each other when we kill each other while we were created to heal each other?
How can we tolerate each other when we can't even relate with each other?

I know what to do.
Our problem is not each other.
Our problem is the middle man.
Our problem is we keep listening to those teaching us about each other when we can easily learn to know each other.
The problem is prejudice.

The solution to religious intolerance is knowledge, respect, patience and love.

What do you know of me?
Have you asked me about it, to know if it is true?
What do I know of you?
Can I ask you if it's true?

Where there is no communication, there is assumptions and miscommunication.
Assumptions rarely produce anything good.
Let's communicate in respect and genuine curiosity.

We are all in it for the same thing. For Salvation, Good life and Heaven.
No body went into a religion to be evil.
We go into religion to be good, better and the best version of ourselves.

God help us all.
God bless Nigeria,
God bless You and I.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Tolerance by vaxx: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2018
pressplay411:
Religious Tolerance

How can I tolerate your religion when we have been taught we are enemies?
How can I tolerate you when all we see in each other is not our common grounds but our differences?
How can we tolerate each other when we were raised to hate each other?
How can we tolerate each other when we kill each other while we were created to heal each other?
How can we tolerate each other when we can't even relate with each other?

I know what to do.
Our problem is not each other.
Our problem is the middle man.
Our problem is we keep listening to those teaching us about each other when we can easily learn to know each other.
The problem is prejudice.

The solution to religious intolerance is knowledge, respect, patience and love.

What do you know of me?
Have you asked me about it, to know if it is true?
What do I know of you?
Can I ask you if it's true?

Where there is no communication, there is assumptions and miscommunication.
Assumptions rarely produce anything good.
Let's communicate in respect and genuine curiosity.

We are all in it for the same thing. For Salvation, Good life and Heaven.
No body went into a religion to be evil.
We go into religion to be good, better and the best version of ourselves.

God help us all.
God bless Nigeria,
God bless You and I.
something in me just fall in love with this ......have you heard John Lennons song….Let it Be. ""Just let people believe what they want to believe because they will believe what they WANT or NEED to believe anyway, no matter what we say. Think how many different skin colours and hair colours there are. They are just there. We accept them because they are just there and we know that is the way it is""

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Tolerance by pressplay411(m): 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
vaxx:
something in me just fall in love with this ......have you heard John Lennons song….Let it Be. ""Just let people believe what they want to believe because they will believe what they WANT or NEED to believe anyway, no matter what we say. Think how many different skin colours and hair colours there are. They are just there. We accept them because they are just there and we know that is the way it is""

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance by pressplay411(m): 9:30am On Oct 11, 2018
vaxx:

Exactly, live and let live.

(1) (Reply)

God: The Ultimate Solution To Life's Problem / The Present Day Church - The Act Of Apostle Kind Of Church / The Matter Of Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.