Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Religious Tolerance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Tolerance (672 Views)

Religious Tolerance In Action Christians Help Muslims (pic) / Pope Francis Urges Nigerians To Imbibe Religious Tolerance / Will Secularism Promote Religious Tolerance In Nigeria ? What's Your Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2023
Religious Tolerance

How can I tolerate your religion when we have been taught we are enemies?
How can I tolerate you when all we see in each other is not our common grounds but our differences?
How can we tolerate each other when we were raised to hate each other?
How can we tolerate each other when we kill each other while we were created to heal each other.

I know what to do.
Our problem is not each other.
Our problem is the middle man.
Our problem is we keep listening to those teaching us about each other when we can easily learn to know each other.
The problem is prejudice.

The solution to religious intolerance is knowledge, respect, patience and love.

What do you know of me?
Have you asked me about it, to know if it is true?
What do I know of you?
Can I ask you if it's true?

Where there is no communication, there is assumptions and miscommunication.
Assumptions rarely produce anything good.
Let's communicate in respect and genuine curiosity.

Good morning Nigerians, we are all in it for the same thing. For Salvation, Good life and Heaven.
No body went into a religion to be evil.
We go into religion to be good, better and best version of ourselves.

God help us all.
God bless Nigeria,
God bless You and I.

3 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:23am On Oct 07, 2023
Myer:

God help us all.
God bless Nigeria,
God bless You and I.
Praying in behalf of people who don't want to listen to God's laws!
Proverbs 28:9
Jeremiah 11:4
John 17:8-9

Well let's just say you don't know! undecided
Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Praying in behalf of people who don't want to listen to God's laws!
Proverbs 28:9
Jeremiah 11:4
John 17:8-9

Well let's just say you don't know! undecided

How do these verses contradict Religious tolerance?
How is praying for Nigerians wrong?

You see where religious intolerance is toxic?

4 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2023
Myer:

How do these verses contradict Religious tolerance? How is praying for Nigerians wrong? You see where religious intolerance is toxic?

Do you believe in Jesus of Nazareth?

If you do then i will proceed but if not there's no need for further comments! smiley
Re: Religious Tolerance by achorladey: 9:53am On Oct 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Do you believe in Jesus of Nazareth?

If you do then i will proceed but if not there's no need for further comments! smiley

I can imagine another round of your lies and manipulations here grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance by achorladey: 9:56am On Oct 07, 2023
Myer:

How do these verses contradict Religious tolerance?
How is praying for Nigerians wrong?

You see where religious intolerance is toxic?

He is asking you about your belief in Jesus Christ grin grin grin
Re: Religious Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:05am On Oct 07, 2023
Myer knows what he's doing because Jesus of Nazareth never tolerate false religious ideas that's why he said:

"Do not think I came to bring peace to the earth; I came to bring, not peace, but a sword. For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" Matthew 10:34-35

So despite the fact that he was gently going about his ministry he will tell you:

"You're not a worshiper of my God if you and i disagree on terms and conditions of worship"

That's what his disciples (Jehovah's Witnesses) are doing till today though we are the most peaceful organization on planet earth yet we are firm when talking about our faith! Matthew 10:16 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Tolerance by achorladey: 10:10am On Oct 07, 2023
Myer:
Religious Tolerance

How can I tolerate you when all we see in each other is not our common grounds but our differences?
How can we tolerate each other when we kill each other while we were created to heal each other.

I know what to do.
Our problem is we keep listening to those teaching us about each other when we can easily learn to know each other.

What do you know of me?
What do I know of you?

Good morning Nigerians, we are all in it for the same thing. For Salvation, Good life and Heaven.

God help us all.
God bless Nigeria,
God bless You and I.

Egostical competition here and there grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Myer knows what he's doing because Jesus of Nazareth never tolerate false religious ideas that's why he said:

"Do not think I came to bring peace to the earth; I came to bring, not peace, but a sword. For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" Matthew 10:34-35

So despite the fact that he was gently going about his ministry he will tell you:

"You're not a worshiper of my God if you and i disagree on terms and conditions of worship"

That's what his disciples (Jehovah's Witnesses) are doing till today though we are the most peaceful organization on planet earth yet we are firm when talking about our faith! Matthew 10:16 smiley

Matt.10.34 - "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.
Matt.10.35 - For I have come to "set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law';
Matt.10.36 - and "a man's enemies will be those of his own household.'
Matt.10.37 - He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

When we quote scriptures we must not interprete out of context. We must also juxtapose with the character/nature of the Character/person.

When Jesus Christ said "I did not come to bring peace but sword."
This is a statement that does not align with the person and character of Jesus Christ and his ministry on earth.
Since the bible never mentioned that he ever carried a sword.
In fact when Peter attempted to defend him by cutting off the ear of his assailants, what did Jesus tell him?

Matt.26.50 - But Jesus said to him, "Friend, why have you come?" Then they came and laid hands on Jesus and took Him.
Matt.26.51 - And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
Matt.26.52 - But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.
Matt.26.53 - Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?

So clearly there seams to be a contradiction here.
Only the Holy Spirit can give the Understanding of this.
I know what He has revealed to me and those who ask Him.
I could try to explain to you but you will still resist it because it is spiritually discerned.

But know this, the Word of God cannot contradict himself.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance by elated177: 10:25am On Oct 07, 2023
You do know that witchcraft is religion, right?
Re: Religious Tolerance by MayntheeMayn: 10:53am On Oct 07, 2023
elated177:
Witchcraft you mean Wicca?
We don't have witches in Africa or in Nigeria atleast.

Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 11:52am On Oct 07, 2023
elated177:

Sure. It is still part of religious tolerance.
Witches and even principalities higher than witches like wise existed in the time of Jesus Christ.
How did he relate with them?
They willingly submitted to him to save them.
He did not even kill those who were demon-possessed, he simply cast out the demons in them peacefully.

Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our Faith, He is our role model. Don't follow people, religious ways and traditions, follow Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ did not come to establish a religion but The Way of Truth and Life. When you get this, you will know that a professing Christian who goes to church regularly may not be following the way of Christ, while a Muslim may be following the way of Christ.

The Way of Christ is Godliness, not religion and self-righteousness.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
Myer:

But know this, the Word of God cannot contradict himself.

Ọmọ it's simple:

Jesus never tolerate false religious ideas that's what led to the killings of Jews who were his disciples because they are ready to die proving that Jesus' teachings is the ultimate and who are those killing them?
It's their own people (Jews) that's the simple truth! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ it's simple:

Jesus never tolerate false religious ideas that's what led to the killings of Jews who were his disciples because they are ready to die proving that Jesus' teachings is the ultimate and who are those killing them?
It's their own people (Jews) that's the simple truth! smiley

It was religious leaders (Pharisees and Chief Priests) killing them. Religion is what feeds them.
The Jews loved Jesus Christ and his apostles and they willingly followed him every where. Even wanted to make him King.

Let the Spirit that inspired the book teach you all you need to know.
The letter kills, it is the spirit that gives life.

3 Likes

Re: Religious Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2023
Myer:

The Jews loved Jesus Christ and his apostles

His parents said these things because they were in fear of the Jews, for the Jews had already come to an agreement that if anyone acknowledged him as Christ, that person should be expelled from the synagogue. John 9:22

At that all the people (Jews) said in answer: “Let his blood come upon us and upon our children.” Matthew 27:25

But the Jews who did not believe stirred up and wrongly influenced the people of the nations against the brothers. Act 14:2

When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began blasphemously contradicting the things Paul was saying. Act 13:45

Till today the Jews hate Jesus and anyone having to do with him.
If you don't understand something ask those that knows better than you, ọmọ it's not a crime! Matthew 7:7-8
Re: Religious Tolerance by elated177: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2023
Do you know why I asked you that question?
Here it is.

Myer:

You said that witchcraft is a religion. It is a religion. Do people who join witchcraft groups do so to be good?
Re: Religious Tolerance by elated177: 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
Myer, where is it stated in the Scriptures that Yahushua the Messiah related with witches within the context you are trying to espouse?

Why would Yahushua the Messiah order the killing of demon-possessed people? I am glad you said he cast out the demons out and did not rather seek to understand the way of demon-possessed and why they behaved the way they did in order to tolerate them.

What does it mean to follow Yahushua the Messiah?

What is religion, Myer?

What is "The Way of Truth"? What do people who follow this " Way of Truth" do?

What is self-righteousness?
Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
elated177:
Do you know why I asked you that question?
Here it is.

You said that witchcraft is a religion. It is a religion. Do people who join witchcraft groups do so to be good?

Religion:
1. Belief in a spiritual or metaphysical reality (often including at least one deity), accompanied by practices or rituals pertaining to the belief.
2. A particular system of such belief, and the rituals and practices proper to it.

By this definition, yes witchcraft, occult, etc are also religions just as Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Paganism etc

And in Yoruba witchcraft there are those called white witches who actually do good. Though they are worshipping false gods.
And even among the wicked witches, some were lured into it because they needed to protect their family.
Then they ended up being under bondage.
They need a higher Power to deliver them. Some may not want to be delivered.
Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

His parents said these things because they were in fear of the Jews, for the Jews had already come to an agreement that if anyone acknowledged him as Christ, that person should be expelled from the synagogue. John 9:22

At that all the people (Jews) said in answer: “Let his blood come upon us and upon our children.” Matthew 27:25

But the Jews who did not believe stirred up and wrongly influenced the people of the nations against the brothers. Act 14:2

When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began blasphemously contradicting the things Paul was saying. Act 13:45

Till today the Jews hate Jesus and anyone having to do with him.
If you don't understand something ask those that knows better than you, ọmọ it's not a crime! Matthew 7:7-8

Jesus Christ while physically on earth was sent specifically to the lost sheep of Israel, not the whole world.
As they saw the signs and wonders, the Jews wanted to make him their king by force but he avoided it because that was not His purpose on earth and He knew their motive was selfish.

John.6.14 - Then those men, when they had seen the sign that Jesus did, said, "This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world."
John.6.15 - Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.

However the Pharisees who were profiting off the people hated him because he was bad market for them.
They eventually swayed the same Jews who had loved Jesus to have him crucified.
Even though Jesus still prayed for the Jews that God should forgive them for they knew not what they were doing, yet there's a curse for killing God's prophets, how much more killing the only begotten Son of God??
On his journey to being crucified remember Jesus woed they Jews cos He knew the curse they were heaping on themselves, even though He knew Satan was behind it all.

But all this happened for prophecies to be fulfilled. The Jews had to reject Jesus Christ for the salvation to come to us Gentiles. It's called Replacement Theology.

At the appointed time, the Jews will finally realise Jesus Christ was the Messiah they had been waiting for and will repent. For now they are still waiting for the Messiah even after over 2000 years.
Only those who obtain Favor from God are being saved for now. Jewish Christians are very strong Chrisstians because it is their heritage so they understand it indeptly.
Re: Religious Tolerance by elated177: 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2023
Can demons do good, Myer?
You didn't respond to the other questions.
Re: Religious Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2023
Myer:

At the appointed time, the Jews will finally realise Jesus Christ was the Messiah they had been waiting for and will repent.
Ọmọ the Jewish nation has been cursed they have lost it forever!
Re: Religious Tolerance by Tyktoker: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
God have no religion/organization!
Myer:
Religious Tolerance

I know what to do.

What do you know of me?
What do I know of you?

God help us all.
God bless Nigeria,
God bless You and I.
Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
elated177:
Can demons do good, Myer?
You didn't respond to the other questions.
It's an interesting question.
Can a witch be nice to some people?
Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
Tyktoker:
God have no religion/organization!

When you look up the meaning of religion, you may have a change of mind.
The problem is we don't check the definition of words.

What you probably meant to infer is that God did not specify a particular religious gathering that we have named Christanity, Islam, etc as the only way.

On this note, yes you are right.

However God has a way of Godliness that He established through Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to God except through Him.

You can be a practicing Jew and know or not know Jesus.
You can be a practising Christian and know or not know Jesus.
And you can be a practising Muslim and know or not know Jesus.

Because these three religions were established by God through Abraham. Which is why Jesus says Salvation belongs to the Jews.
Unfortunately the Jews in the fullness of Time when Jesus the Messiah they had been waitingbfor finally arrived, they murdered him. (Though all this had to happen according to prophecy). And they had to bear the curse attached to it- imagine murdering GOD?

That said, if you're a believer, the bible mentions the religion that God approves.

Jas.1.26 - If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless.

Jas.1.27 - Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 8:23pm On Oct 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ the Jewish nation has been cursed they have lost it forever!

Na wa oh. You just dey condemn people when Jesus said he did not come to condemn.

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2023
Myer:

Na wa oh. You just dey condemn people when Jesus said he did not come to condemn.

He did not come to condemn the law and the prophets! Matthew 5:17

But as for faithless miscreants claiming they're Abraham's descendants Jesus CURSED them: Matthew 23:13-39 READ

The Jewish nation has been CURSED by God's only begotten Son! undecided
Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

He did not come to condemn the law and the prophets! Matthew 5:17

But as for faithless miscreants claiming they're Abraham's descendants Jesus CURSED them: Matthew 23:13-39 READ

The Jewish nation has been CURSED by God's only begotten Son! undecided

John.3.16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John.3.17 - For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

JW is known for their evangelism yet you do not know this?
Even Paul was praying for them in Romans 9.
So you can see why I could not settle down with JW?

You have the knowledge but the Spirit is missing hence the deficiency in understanding and outright self-righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance by elated177: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
Myer, you didn't answer my question.
Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
elated177:
Myer, you didn't answer my question.
I answered it with a question, so technically youre the one who did not answer my question. cheesy

I asked if a witch can be nice to some people. The answer is yes. But niceness is not goodness.

Can a bad/evil tree bear good fruit?

Good is not niceness. Goodness is not even determined by what man calls goodness. Because most good deeds are self-motivated.

This is also why even for a Christian, Muslim, Jew, we are not saved by our good deeds/works but God's Mercy and our Faith in Christ.
However our salvation will make us begin to produce genuine good works.
Which is why Faith is justified by the works it produces.
Re: Religious Tolerance by Tyktoker: 4:53am On Oct 09, 2023
Sorry to disappoint you, Christianity is not one of them!
Myer:

When you look up the meaning of religion, you may have a change of mind.
The problem is we don't check the definition of words.

What you probably meant to infer is that God did not specify a particular religious gathering that we have named Christanity, Islam, etc as the only way.

On this note, yes you are right.

However God has a way of Godliness that He established through Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to God except through Him.

You can be a practicing Jew and know or not know Jesus.
You can be a practising Christian and know or not know Jesus.
And you can be a practising Muslim and know or not know Jesus.

Because these three religions were established by God through Abraham. Which is why Jesus says Salvation belongs to the Jews.
Unfortunately the Jews in the fullness of Time when Jesus the Messiah they had been waitingbfor finally arrived, they murdered him. (Though all this had to happen according to prophecy). And they had to bear the curse attached to it- imagine murdering GOD?

That said, if you're a believer, the bible mentions the religion that God approves.

Jas.1.26 - If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless.

Jas.1.27 - Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
Re: Religious Tolerance by Myer(m): 5:41am On Oct 09, 2023
Tyktoker:
Sorry to disappoint you, Christianity is not one of them!
What do you have against Christianity?
Although looking at Christianity of this generation, it is easy to find it offensive because of the many false prophets/teachers and doctrines of man.
But all these were prophesied to be signs of the last days.

So don't let what man has made out of Christianity cheat you of the True Christianity.

A Christian by the original definition/inference in Acts is one whose lifestyle (way of life) bears a semblance/similitude/likeness of Christ, hence the name.

Unfortunately as you've rightly observed/adjudged, most Christians today do not bear the likeness of Christ, neither do they even desire to. They rather bear the likeness of their pastors or celebrities. It is an eye-sore.
But when you do meet those who bear dhrist-likeness, it is undeniable. I have met Christians among those practising Islam, and I have met Christians among those practising Christianity. They are excellence/love personified with little or no iota of self-righteousness.
Re: Religious Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:54am On Oct 09, 2023
Myer:

John.3.16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John.3.17 - For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

JW is known for their evangelism yet you do not know this?
Even Paul was praying for them in Romans 9.
So you can see why I could not settle down with JW?

You have the knowledge but the Spirit is missing hence the deficiency in understanding and outright self-righteousness.

The highlighted is what you're missing!

The Jewish nation did not believe in Christ Jesus so they are doomed:

This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits. Matthew 21:43

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you Matthew 23:37-38

Of course the few ones that believe will be saved but as for that nation as a whole God has condemned them forever! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Ladies Cover Their Hair In Church / The SHACK / Charitywork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.