Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria (10671 Views)

Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Aviation Minister Paddles A Canoe To Her Flooded Anambra Hometown / Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
aisha2:

You guys talking about resilient Nigeria Spirit should not annoy me abeg. Just watched on TV how some kids who cross a river by tying a rope from one tree to another (Tarzan Style) died on Monday, so abeg find something else to say. BBC thank you, please keep embarassing us sincve we no get shame

maybe they should simply not bother going to school then

if one sits down to catalog all the dangers out there (armed robbers trailers bad roads danfo, crazy policemen . . .)- one would not go to work each day.
it is resilience when in spite of the odds and challaenges you get up and continue. you of all people should know that. you posted a thread about some of the issues you face - has that stopped you from pushing on?
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2010
oyb:

maybe they should simply not bother going to school then

if one sits down to catalog all the dangers out there (armed robbers trailers bad roads danfo, crazy policemen . . .)- one would not go to work each day.
it is resilience when in spite of the odds and challaenges you get up and continue. you of all people should know that. you posted a thread about some of the issues you face - has that stopped you from pushing on?

So, having CHILDREN CANOE themselves to school should be compared to taking a danfo, armed robbery, etc? WOW!! I need to drop this now.
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2010
ofcos that is wht is happening in nigeria, too bad the goverment doesnt care
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So, having CHILDREN CANOE themselves to school should be compared to taking a danfo, armed robbery, etc? WOW!! I need to drop this now.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-478525.32.html

just as people in diffferent climes would be disturbed by childrn going to school by canoe , they will also be disturbed by what passses for a daily commute in nigeria

i was simply pointing out to aisha that just as those children face the risk of drowning on their way to school - most workers at least in lagos face the risks of death by trailer, armed robber , policeman okada rider etal
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by JUO(m): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2010
floating fuel station in burutu, delta state that never worked oneday
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by JUO(m): 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2010
floating fuel station in burutu, delta state that never worked oneday

Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
That is a ferry . . . that could be modified for the kids in this case!! lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by occam(m): 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
@ beaf
I don’t mean “roll over and give up” I say hit them where it will hurt most: Their pocket. The less audience to listen, view or read their message, the less revenue they make online. Pay less attention to their garbage message and let’s focus on creating & distributing content that shows positive stories about Nigeria people.  

Al- Jazeera, for instance tries to put out positive messages of the Arab world, regardless of what CNN or BBC thinks.  Our media needs to do the same.

Yes, BBC & other western media do portray African countries in a derogatory way. Why is this? The typical western audience has a stereotypical image of Africans as being primitive & poor. Western media companies are business driven and will put out messages that appeals to their core audience.
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Beaf: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2010
occam:

@ beaf
I don’t mean “roll over and give up” I say hit them where it will hurt most: Their pocket. The less audience to listen, view or read their message, the less revenue they make online. Pay less attention to their garbage message and let’s focus on creating & distributing content that shows positive stories about Nigeria people.

Al- Jazeera, for instance tries to put out positive messages of the Arab world, regardless of what CNN or BBC thinks. Our media needs to do the same.

Yes, BBC & other western media do portray African countries in a derogatory way. Why is this? The typical western audience has a stereotypical image of Africans as being primitive & poor. Western media companies are business driven and will put out messages that appeals to their core audience.

I get your argument, but the BBC is wholly funded by a govt tax called TV licence. Boycotting them will make absolutely no difference to their revenues; that can only work for public companies like CNN (maybe thats why they are much more respectful to Africa).
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by software(m): 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2010
its the truth so let them say it, if we do good they will say it as well, let us tell the world our prob and they can help, Nigeria is such a proud country, empty vessels,
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Beaf: 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2010
software:

its the truth so let them say it, if we do good they will say it as well, let us tell the world our prob and they can help, Nigeria is such a proud country, empty vessels,

It is very challenging to find any good story about Nigeria in the BBC. For CNN, its quite different, there are lots of good stories.
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2010
Beaf:

It is very challenging to find any good story about Nigeria in the BBC. For CNN, its quite different, there are lots of good stories.
Very bad lie!!!
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Beaf: 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Very bad lie!!!

Provide several links and give the dates between them. Its a challenge, if you take it up; I'll do the same from Xinhua, CNN, Bloomberg etc.

We can do this scientifically. BBC vs other Western international news agencies. Deal?
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2010
Beaf:

Provide several links and give the dates between them. Its a challenge, if you take it up; I'll do the same from Xinhua, CNN, Bloomberg etc.

We can do this scientifically. BBC vs other Western international news agencies. Deal?

How about today? Like someone already said earlier on, there are tons of stories on Nigeria from the BBC that are mighty positive. Only people are too wound up tight in their insecurities to notice them. I woke up to a piece on Nigerian today on BBC . . . should I ignore that because you are convinced that BBC are racists according to you? ** rolls eyes big time**
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Beaf: 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

How about today? Like someone already said earlier on, there are tons of stories on Nigeria from the BBC that are mighty positive. Only people are too wound up tight in their insecurities to notice them. I woke up to a piece on Nigerian today on BBC . . . should I ignore that because you are convinced that BBC are racists according to you? ** rolls eyes big time**

Ain't you taking the challenge then?

But, lets be very definite about the scope of what we are talking about, before we rumble. It should be stories that originate from the BBC, with BBC wording and analysis; this cuts out any plain old news items.
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2010
http://www.bbc.co.uk/search/nigeria

horrible just horrible those bloody racists - nothing but bad mnews about nigeria angry angry

Nigeria draw against England
NEW 5 hours ago | African
The falconets battled to a 1-1 draw against England Nigeria's Falconets got a highly deserved draw with England as both teams began their campaign in Group C of the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup in Germany. In a tough and gruelling encounter, the Nigerians equalised in the second half to secure a,

Nigeria set to rebuild Eagles
NEW 6 hours ago | African
Nigerians have called for the injection of new players into the Super Eagles The Nigerian Football Federation has confirmed the Super Eagles will play a friendly against World Cup opponents South Korea on August 11. Both teams played a 2-2 draw at the World Cup in South Africa which saw Nigeria,

Nigerian man arrested with bags carrying 70 dead babies
07 Jul 10 | Africa
A man carrying bags containing more than 70 dead babies has been arrested in Nigeria. He was employed by the Lagos University Teaching Hospital to take the corpses to a cemetery.

China to build $8bn oil refinery in Nigeria
06 Jul 10 | Business
China is to build an $8bn oil refinery in Nigeria. It will be the first of three refineries under a deal signed in May between Nigeria's state oil company, NNPC, and the China State Construction Engineering Corporation (CSCEC).

Facebook influences Nigeria football team ban U-turn
06 Jul 10 | Africa
Nigeria's president has said the hundreds of posts on his Facebook page helped persuade him to reverse his suspension of the national football team from international competition. "I,

Nigeria's strangled football industry
06 Jul 10 | Africa
Several teams have slumped out of this year's World Cup in humiliating fashion, but no nation has reacted to their team's failure as drastically as Nigeria. The country's three top football officials have been sacked.

In pictures: Going to school by canoe in Nigeria
03 Jul 10 | Africa
Images of Nigerian students getting to and from school by canoe by photojournalist Lola Akinmade.

Nigerian football fans question team suspension
01 Jul 10 | Africa
Nigerian football fans have questioned the president's move to suspend the national team from competitive matches following its failure at the World Cup. Nigeria Football Supporters Club (NFSC)

Nigeria's football team gets red card from President
30 Jun 10
Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan has suspended the national side from international football for two years after a poor performance at the World Cup. The team was knocked out in the group stages without winning a single game.

Cleaning up Nigeria's banks
30 Jun 10
In Nigeria, the financial regulator has announced plans to bring charges against 200 individuals and organisations in the continuing fallout from a banking scandal that emerged last year Following the appointment of Lamido Sanusi as Nigeria's Central Bank Governor, widespread abuses by top bankers,,

Nigeria's iron lady takes on fraudsters
30 Jun 10 | Africa
Arunma Oteh, the woman tasked with the unenviable job of policing Nigeria's financial world, has a warm smile and a piercing stare. "Wash,
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2010
BBC Channel wey I dey watch now no be BBC again?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Beaf: 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

BBC Channel wey I dey watch now no be BBC again?? ROFLMAO!!

That matters little, can you provides links as detailed below? And please include the timelines. It can't be that hard, if there are so many as you say.

Beaf:

Ain't you taking the challenge then?

But, lets be very definite about the scope of what we are talking about, before we rumble. It should be stories that originate from the BBC, with BBC wording and analysis; this cuts out any plain old news items.
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2010
na wa ooo!!! . . . Ok . . look up BBC America News for today . . We don't get the BBC Videos online here but you guys on the UK side do.
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2010
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10205321

In pictures: Nigerian fishing community

yet another racist article from the bbc  angry angry
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Jul 14, 2010
Yes, how racist of the BBC to host pictures of Ade smiling !!

Ade caps says he fishes every day. He is a local Lekki fisherman who had already come in with the early morning catch and was relaxing before heading out again later in the day.

lol

By the way, I love those pictures. Considering using them for my screen saver!! Nice quality too!!!
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Beaf: 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

na wa ooo!!! . . . Ok . . look up BBC America News for today . . We don't get the BBC Videos online here but you guys on the UK side do.

O come on! I said no news, it should be strictly analytic articles. News is simply retold, whereas analysis is not.
Don't be like oyb who can't comprehend requirements.
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2010
oyb:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10205321

In pictures: Nigerian fishing community

yet another racist article from the bbc  angry angry

So the BBC staged the photos, is that what you're saying? I don't understand.
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2010
Beaf:

O come on! I said no news, it should be strictly analytic articles. News is simply retold, whereas analysis is not.

Here . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/search/nigeria
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 14, 2010
ezeagu:

So the BBC staged the photos, is that what you're saying? I don't understand.

abeg dude, please don't tell me you're like some people here who do not understand sarcasm  cheesy cheesy

but really can't you see the evil agenda of the bbc - look at those horrible articles rthey posted - nigerria and china in 8 billion deal, nigeria's iron lady  banking reform - yes , all they ahevto say about the dark nation is gloom and doom - nasty white bastards - send them all to the gas chamber  angry angry angry
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2010
Beaf:

Beaf:

\

Beaf:

That matters little, can you provides links as detailed below? And please include the timelines. It can't be that hard, if there are so many as you say.

all I needed was to enter a search engine - now that you've been trumped you can commence what you do best whine about gas chambers cheesy cheesy

paranoid schizoprenia is a bad thing cheesy cheesy
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Jul 14, 2010
^^ ROFLMAO!!!

This is the story on BBC I woke up to this morning http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment+arts-10634496
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2010
someone write a stinker to the BBC . HOW DARE THOSE HONKY WHITE MUTHAF___S SHOWCASE RAGS TO RICHES STORIES OF NIGERIANS

it ain't right - i tell ya !!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Beaf: 7:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
oyb:

\
all I needed was to enter a search engine - now that you've been trumped you can commence what you do best whine about gas chambers cheesy cheesy
paranoid schizoprenia is a bad thing cheesy cheesy

You were the one who said you wished all Niger Deltans would be herded into cattle cars and gassed.
Anybody can read your gas chamber statement here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464527.32.html#msg6238782

If I tell you that, such comes only from the mouth of a devil and it will be your folks in the gas chamber, you get upset. Your little baby will be first in your gas chamber, followed by your mother. grin
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2010
^^^^6

wetin i talk  - when beaf gets pushed in a corner and shown up as a paranoid oversensitive everyone is out to get me twerp  he never failes to deliver !!!!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

carry on!!

you can even put it in your signature!!!

it won't change the fact that you have been exposed as a frustrated liar and demagogue wannabe out to whip up bizarre sentiments  cheesy cheesy cheesy

you have a probnlem with the bbc, get out of the ulk!!! cheesy cheesy

sadly your mother failed ion more eways than one - which is why you keep behaving like an uncouth street thug

better stop spamming nl with youur incoherent rants and try out for mtv's yo momma -
cheesy cheesy
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by software(m): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2010
Beaf:

this same bbc will tell good stories about Nigeria if they find any, right now most things about Nigeria are bad. u know it for urself if u live and work in the country.
Re: Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 14, 2010
Beaf:

You were the one who said you wished all Niger Deltans would be herded into cattle cars and gassed.
Anybody can read your gas chamber statement here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464527.32.html#msg6238782

If I tell you that, such comes only from the mouth of a devil and it will be your folks in the gas chamber, you get upset. Your little baby will be first in your gas chamber, followed by your mother. grin

oyb is a partisan hack but that is a false claim against him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bakassi - Jonathan Says Country Committed To ICJ Ruling / "Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu / Nigeria Is Catching Up To SA – Fast – As Africa’s Most Valuable National Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.