Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,734 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof (6545 Views)

Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It / Are Aniomas And Ikwerres Igbo?here Is A Geographic Fact . / Igbo:here's Why There Is A Possibility That This Tribe Is From Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2018
fasterwell:

Maybe you read that post again for better understanding

I never said the Igbos settled in Bonny and Opobo before the slave trade but that they settled there after the trade were abolished.

The people of Bonny and Opobo accomodated them and gave them land to build their houses. The Igbos that settled in Bonny and Opobo are no longer strangers but indigenes.

I even gave an example that a descendant of an Igbo man who was hired as a servant by my great great grandfather is now reigning as the paramount ruler of community as an Ikwerre man

Igbos indigenes in Bonny?
Nothing I no go read for this nairaland.
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by morpheus24: 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2018
viscerion:

true! but what makes igbos so sure that from genetic results, ikwerre n its likes will b closer to igbo than any other groups. for all we know of their history (n dahs very little given many diff versions, but igbo pepo only want to believe d version dat says they come from nkwerre) is it not possible they may b edo or ijaw who picked up igbo language n culture?

1. Language is usually a strong indicator of origins or close ties with a neighbour group that speaks a similar language. The lexicon, grammar and alphabetic formations of the Igboid languages seem to point to the "igbo language" as the source language ergo the origins of the people. There is usually a linear relationship with languages that are similar to each other. The linguists that dubbed these languages as Igboid, did so using such logical reasoning.

2. Population Genetics usually correlates with the above linguistic theory as well, In other words if two groups in close proximity to each other speak a variant or similar language it is very likely they emanate from the same source population or one group diverged from the other. In this instance the source population "Igbo" are a larger ethnic group in the surrounding areas therefore it would be logical to infer that these 'igboid" groups emanated from that source population leaving the below possibilities outside of genetic testing to confirm this.

a. The igboid groups migrated out of the source or "core" population "Igbo", intermingling with a new group causing both a genetic and linguistic drift from the original source group to the new group creating a hybrid ethnic group ergo the divergence from the source language.

b. The migrating group still retained a majority of their genetic makeup and are therefore still genetically Igbo with of course a minute inflow of genes and language from the neighbouring group.

c. It is the other way round, smaller non Igbo groups migrating to Igbo areas adopting parts of their language and possibly a small inflow of genes from the Igbo groups but are genetically distinct from the Igbo.

These are the only logical The key to ending this tiring debate is quite simple. Take the DNA of a large group of these Igboid groups if their genetics tie significantly with the Igbo then it means that they without a doubt originate from this group even if they wish to self identify as something else.

DNA does not lie. People really don't want to end this issue because if they really did they could. Most prefer to politize the issue and argue in endless circles.

It is very possible that these groups of people may Igbo migrants that adopted certain words form their new or adjourning neighbours, it is also possible they are a hybrid group as a result of two source groups intermixing both genetics and language. It is also possible that the source group remained genetically the same and simply adopted words from neighbouring groups as well.

The linear relationship used by linguists to connect peoples of similar origins is what is in play here as many linguists categorized these languages as Igboid because it would be assumed that the source p following the used to connect peoples with similar languages in Africa usually

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by viscerion: 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
morpheus24:

1. Language is usually a strong indicator of origins or close ties with a neighbour group that speaks a similar language. The lexicon, grammar and alphabetic formations of the Igboid languages seem to point to the "igbo language" as the source language ergo the origins of the people. There is usually a linear relationship with languages that are similar to each other. The linguists that dubbed these languages as Igboid, did so using such logical reasoning.

2. Population Genetics usually correlates with the above linguistic theory as well, In other words if two groups in close proximity to each other speak a variant or similar language it is very likely they emanate from the same source population or one group diverged from the other. In this instance the source population "Igbo" are a larger ethnic group in the surrounding areas therefore it would be logical to infer that these 'igboid" groups emanated from that source population leaving the below possibilities outside of genetic testing to confirm this.

a. The igboid groups migrated out of the source or "core" population "Igbo", intermingling with a new group causing both a genetic and linguistic drift from the original source group to the new group creating a hybrid ethnic group ergo the divergence from the source language.

b. The migrating group still retained a majority of their genetic makeup and are therefore still genetically Igbo with of course a minute inflow of genes and language from the neighbouring group.

c. It is the other way round, smaller non Igbo groups migrating to Igbo areas adopting parts of their language and possibly a small inflow of genes from the Igbo groups but are genetically distinct from the Igbo.

These are the only logical The key to ending this tiring debate is quite simple. Take the DNA of a large group of these Igboid groups if their genetics tie significantly with the Igbo then it means that they without a doubt originate from this group even if they wish to self identify as something else.

DNA does not lie. People really don't want to end this issue because if they really did they could. Most prefer to politize the issue and argue in endless circles.

It is very possible that these groups of people may Igbo migrants that adopted certain words form their new or adjourning neighbours, it is also possible they are a hybrid group as a result of two source groups intermixing both genetics and language. It is also possible that the source group remained genetically the same and simply adopted words from neighbouring groups as well.

The linear relationship used by linguists to connect peoples of similar origins is what is in play here as many linguists categorized these languages as Igboid because it would be assumed that the source p following the used to connect peoples with similar languages in Africa usually

True, but its a big 'IF'
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by fasterwell(m): 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ekinematics:

Igbos indigenes in Bonny? Nothing I no go read for this nairaland.
If they are not indigenes why not send them parking?

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
fasterwell:

If they are not indigenes why not send them parking?

They are Nigerians and have the right to live wherever they wish to within the country. Living in a place doesn't automatically make you an indigene.
Please use your head.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by fasterwell(m): 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ekinematics:

They are Nigerians and have the right to live wherever to wish to within the country. Living in a place doesn't automatically make you an indigene.
Please use your head.
U are the one not using ur common sense,

The descendants of those Igbos who settled in Bonny over hundreds of years back do not have any other HOMETOWN except Bonny..

They do not have any other village than Bonny and their certificate of origin is that of Bonny. They may travel out of Bonny but will always go back there as their hometown during festive periodd.

If u say they are not indigenes of Bonny because they are Igbos then Sultan of Sokoto and Emir of Kano who we all respect and honor as northern leaders are actually not northerners but Fulanis who came and stayed in the north

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by morpheus24: 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
viscerion:

True, but its a big 'IF'
Viscerion, there is nothing "big" about the if at all. The fact is no one is truly ready to put this case to test or to rest because it is more advantageous to continue to use it for ethno-religious and socio-political agendas.

If you notice the so called 'arguements" that continue to ensue about this matter base their "facts" or evidence on oral traditions, cultural practices, affinities to certain deities and the likes, all of which are "subjective", can be constructed, misconstrued or fabricated. DNA however does not lie.

if a group of people from your village travel from uyo to Imo state, their children settle there, retain their traditional akwa ibom names with variations and speak a language that sounds like a hybrid of Igbo and Ibibio and then all of a sudden down the line claim they originated from some town inside Imo state, DNA will prove without a doubt if tested that the group of people are related to you genetically and therefore are an offshoot of your people regardless of the changes in culture, language or traditions, period.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by morpheus24: 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
PS, I do not say people are not free to self determine or self actualize only that this process be based on truth and facts and not on fabrications and denials
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by viscerion: 11:59pm On Oct 12, 2018
morpheus24:

Viscerion, there is nothing "big" about the if at all. The fact is no one is truly ready to put this case to test or to rest because it is more advantageous to continue to use it for ethno-religious and socio-political agendas.

If you notice the so called 'arguements" that continue to ensue about this matter base their "facts" or evidence on oral traditions, cultural practices, affinities to certain deities and the likes, all of which are "subjective", can be constructed, misconstrued or fabricated. DNA however does not lie.

if a group of people from your village travel from uyo to Imo state, their children settle there, retain their traditional akwa ibom names with variations and speak a language that sounds like a hybrid of Igbo and Ibibio and then all of a sudden down the line claim they originated from some town inside Imo state, DNA will prove without a doubt if tested that the group of people are related to you genetically and therefore are an offshoot of your people regardless of the changes in culture, language or traditions, period.

exactly we need a DNA test to know if ikwerre truly came from igbo or not, until then no one can be sure

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by morpheus24: 7:28am On Oct 13, 2018
viscerion:

exactly we need a DNA test to know if ikwerre truly came from igbo or not, until then no one can be sure

why dont the people from that area fund the testing, are they afraid of what they wiil find?

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2018
@op using rumuighoroya as example..what then does rumuibekwe,rumuobiakani,rumuokoro,rumuoma mean in BeninUkwani is even more intelligible than the dialect spoken in Ohafia,Effium in Abakaliki, Ezza etc...You are not Igbos yet you understand and bear Igbo names..why not bear Yorubas or Hausa names if you feel the name you bear doesn't matter...you keep denying being Igbos yet the present Ikwerre and Ukwani still give their children Igbo names..the denial of Igbo ancestry I see and understand is purely for political and economic reasons. ..aside that nothing else...my name nah Amaechi..but I no be igbo. .my name nah Chukwuma but I no be Igbo. ..my name nah Ogbonna but I no be igbo...when you say all these how does it sound? ??tell yourselves the truth for once..if you like claim not Igbo..you are on your own..

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by viscerion: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
uzobaby:
@op using rumuighoroya as example..what then does rumuibekwe,rumuobiakani,rumuokoro,rumuoma mean in BeninUkwani is even more intelligible than the dialect spoken in Ohafia,Effium in Abakaliki, Ezza etc...You are not Igbos yet you understand and bear Igbo names..why not bear Yorubas or Hausa names if you feel the name you bear doesn't matter...you keep denying being Igbos yet the present Ikwerre and Ukwani still give their children Igbo names..the denial of Igbo ancestry I see and understand is purely for political and economic reasons. ..aside that nothing else...my name nah Amaechi..but I no be igbo. .my name nah Chukwuma but I no be Igbo. ..my name nah Ogbonna but I no be igbo...when you say all these how does it sound? ??tell yourselves the truth for once..if you like claim not Igbo..you are on your own..

i ve said it times without number, a name or language does not determine a peoples tribe. they are countless examples, the annangs n ibibios, urhobos n isokos, yorubas n itsekiris, even many tribes in the north speak hausa as their language because hausa colonize them, you dont know the reason why ikwerre speak igbo, but im saying the mere fact that we speak same language with igbo doesnt automatically make us igbo

politics aside, me personally have no problem when people call me Igbo, there is nothing wrong in being Igbo, my problem is when I try to correct them that im ikwerre and they'll want to argue my own tribe with me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by bigfrancis21: 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2018
uzobaby:

Ikwerres are descended from Arochukwu, their founder being a man called Okpo Wagidi from Arochukwu. Other people arrived later to join them, such as Awka blacksmiths etc. The older Ikwerre generation, especially those born before the civil war know this. An older Ikwerre would see an Arochukwu and call him/her 'wene m', because they understand the ancestral connection. This explains why the Arochukwu people held sway in Ikwerre land for quite sometime, as mentioned in Elechi Amadi's book. The rebellion against 'Igbo' domination in Ikwerre land wasn't really against the entire Igbo group in general but against the Aros in particular (whom the Ikwerre saw as 'isoma' or Igbos and the rebellion spread against all Igbos).

The current Ikwerre generation know nothing about their ancestry and are raised with this anti-igbo mentality from childhood that they grow up believing it is so true even when they grow up and are presented with cogent facts that challenge their beliefs. For some, it is often a shocker to discover that what they have been told and what they have held so dearly all their life isn't what it seems. They know the truth but will still deny being Igbo.

DNA test conducted on the Ikwerre population will confirm this - Igbo ancestry, even Ibibio ancestry by way of Arochukwu but hardly any Bini ancestry. DNA test cannot be disputed. Any so-called Bini ancestry story is only but a recent made-up story.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by viscerion: 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Ikwerres are descended from Arochukwu, their founder being a man called Okpo Wagidi from Arochukwu. Other people arrived later to join them, such as Awka blacksmiths etc. The older Ikwerre generation, especially those born before the civil war know this. An older Ikwerre would see an Arochukwu and call him/her 'wene m', because they understand the ancestral connection. This explains why the Arochukwu people held sway in Ikwerre land for quite sometime, as mentioned in Elechi Amadi's book. The rebellion against 'Igbo' domination in Ikwerre land wasn't really against the entire Igbo group in general but against the Aros in particular (whom the Ikwerre saw as 'isoma' or Igbos and the rebellion spread against all Igbos).

The current Ikwerre generation know nothing about their ancestry and are raised with this anti-igbo mentality from childhood that they grow up believing it is so true even when they grow up and are presented with cogent facts that challenge their beliefs. For some, it is often a shocker to discover that what they have been told and what they have held so dearly all their life isn't what it seems. They know the truth but will still deny being Igbo.

DNA test conducted on the Ikwerre population will confirm this - Igbo ancestry, even Ibibio ancestry by way of Arochukwu but hardly any Bini ancestry. DNA test cannot be disputed. Any so-called Bini ancestry story is only but a recent made-up story.

Have they done any DNA test before? The reason we dont believe we are Igbo is that, when they raise the arguments, all igbos will say is "since they speak igbo, then they are igbo. since they are near igboland, then they migrated from igbo, since they this, then they that.......e.t.c...."

forgeting that all these points are just hypothesis, they are yet to come up with any undeniable proof that ikwerre are igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
bigfrancis21:

biko tell them ndi I be Chukwuemeka but I no be Igbo..they will keep on living in self denial. .though some are wiser
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by bigfrancis21: 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2018
viscerion:

Have they done any DNA test before? The reason we dont believe we are Igbo is that, when they raise the arguments, all igbos will say is "since they speak igbo, then they are igbo. since they are near igboland, then they migrated from igbo, since they this, then they that.......e.t.c...."

forgeting that all these points are just hypothesis, they are yet to come up with any undeniable proof that ikwerre are igbo

Are you ready to submit to a DNA test to confirm your Igbo ancestry? I'm willing to pay for it.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by bigfrancis21: 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2018
viscerion:

What makes Awka people Igbo? What makes an Owerri man Igbo? What is the 'undeniable proof'?

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
viscerion:

i ve said it times without number, a name or language does not determine a peoples tribe. they are countless examples, the annangs n ibibios, urhobos n isokos, yorubas n itsekiris, even many tribes in the north speak hausa as their language because hausa colonize them, you dont know the reason why ikwerre speak igbo, but im saying the mere fact that we speak same language with igbo doesnt automatically make us igbo

politics aside, me personally have no problem when people call me Igbo, there is nothing wrong in being Igbo, my problem is when I try to correct them that im ikwerre and they'll want to argue my own tribe with me
what is a dialect and what is a language? ??what does rumuibekwe mean? What does Eze mean??why don't speak a language that sounds like I jaw your closest neighbour??Ikwerre is a dialect of Igbo just as we have Izii, Ezza, Nsukka, Ohafia, Asa dialects. .I understand a bit of Ikwerre than even Izii or Ezza or Ndoki.Languages have dialects which are its variants and a lot of factors affect these dialects as a result of proximity with people of other culture. .this where borrowing,acculturation influences these dialects. .in as much as the Ikwerre dialect is 80 percent mutually intelligible with the central Igbo ..it is not a full fledged language for now..as it stands the need to be seen as a separate is purely for political and economic reasons. ..
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by viscerion: 1:32am On Oct 14, 2018
uzobaby:
what is a dialect and what is a language? ??what does rumuibekwe mean? What does Eze mean??why don't speak a language that sounds like I jaw your closest neighbour??Ikwerre is a dialect of Igbo just as we have Izii, Ezza, Nsukka, Ohafia, Asa dialects. .I understand a bit of Ikwerre than even Izii or Ezza or Ndoki.Languages have dialects which are its variants and a lot of factors affect these dialects as a result of proximity with people of other culture. .this where borrowing,acculturation influences these dialects. .in as much as the Ikwerre dialect is 80 percent mutually intelligible with the central Igbo ..it is not a full fledged language for now..as it stands the need to be seen as a separate is purely for political and economic reasons. ..

dis is my problem with many Igbos, acting as if they are the only ones who know evritin, I know the diff btw a dialect of a language and a language itself and it does not apply to my points at all. Ibibio and Annang are not diff dialects of same tribe, they are different tribes and each has its own diff dialects, ikwerre sef has diff dialects so it cant be a dialect of igbo.

AGAIN, THE SAME LANGUAGE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN THE SAME TRIBE, if you dont know this, its cuz ure not exposed to diff tribes, thoes from the SS have a good understanding of what im taking about

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by magicjack: 1:47am On Oct 14, 2018
viscerion:

dis is my problem with many Igbos, acting as if they are the only ones who know evritin, I know the diff btw a dialect of a language and a language itself and it does not apply to my points at all. Ibibio and Annang are not diff dialects of same tribe, they are different tribes and each has its own diff dialects, ikwerre sef has diff dialects so it cant be a dialect of igbo.

AGAIN, THE SAME LANGUAGE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN THE SAME TRIBE, if you dont know this, its cuz ure not exposed to diff tribes, thoes from the SS have a good understanding of what im taking about

"my name is amadi but i nor be Igbo" there is nothing wrong with that statement because God did not create amadi solely for igbos. the ikas in agbor have enough similarities with bini for edo to claim, infact some people call them edo, but since igbo is the bigger tribe, they are the ones hammering on their claim, bringing unrelated points. This is the problem of Nigeria's big three, their domineering nature, thinking all the other minorities tribes are under them,

Abeg tell them to come to SS, and see 5 diff tribes speaking same language but other aspects of their culture clearly shows they are diff tribes

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by magicjack: 1:50am On Oct 14, 2018
uzobaby:

Ibibio and Annang, These are different TRIBES(ETHNIC GROUPS) not different dialects, ask an akwa ibomite, cuz these days its like all igbos are the only ones who know history, nonsense
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by morpheus24: 2:28am On Oct 14, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Are you ready to submit to a DNA test to confirm your Igbo ancestry? I'm willing to pay for it.

lol

Viscerion knows how to find the answer to what he is looking for, being angry about Igbo saying this or that is besides the point. The truth of your origins is in your DNA. If a Yoruba man takes DNA test he will confirm who he is, IF Hausa man take test, he will confirm, if Zulu man take test he will confirm, If half caste take test him self go confirm.

We are waiting on Ikwerre people, if you take the test and you are not of the IGbo stock then problem solved, Shikena!

come and post the results on Nairaland for us to see.

Otherwise every other arguement postulated regarding this matter is noise making

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by morpheus24: 2:39am On Oct 14, 2018
viscerion:

You are playing semantics here with the definitions of tribe, ethnic group, dialect and language.

If two groups in close proximity to each other speak a similar language this correlates with a similar genetic origin. Period

Clan names, tribes etc are fluid and can change depending on situations. Therefore Ikwerre may has started off within the igbo clan or group and diverged at a certain period creating a distinct dialect that later fits into what can be construed as a language of its own.

The Bantu tribes of South Africa are a clear example of this. Almost every ethnic group in that country are originated from the same stock of people however through time,new clans, tribes and ethnic groups have surfaced. The Zulu, Ndebele, Swati, Xhosa, are all distinct groups of people but who's languages are somwhat mutually understandable amongst them. They originate from a common ancestor and are referred as Nguni because of this.

THEREFORE SIMILAR LANGUAGE CORRELATES TO SIMILAR ORIGINS most of the time.

Stop endless and senseless socio political arguments.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by frankfrancis871: 10:25am On Oct 14, 2018
Truth is I don't comment on these kinds of post but I will try undecided so read slowly

[b]As far as we know, there was no collective Igbo empire, Leader etc rather Igbo tribes or nations. There was no Igbos 200 years although they existed and worked together, to me Igbo is a race and I will prove it, you can research it

1. The Ngwa are the most populous single 'sub-tribe' in Igboland with over 2.5 million population, yet they are classified as Igbos. These great people have their own alphabets different from the normal Igbo alphabets, they refer to their Igbo neighbours as Ihuhu and have many DIALECTS yet Ngwa language is a dialect under Igbo!

2. My people refer to other Igbos from Anambra I think, as Ndi Abelu yet does that make them less Igbos! TRIBE OR NATION IS ALL ABOUT COMMITMENT, LOYALTY ETC, anyone can be anything as long they don't distort history! If I chose to be Igbo, fine! If I chose to be hausa, fine!

3. Here in Nasarawa, many people attending Nsukka meeting are from different villages in Nsukka and different dialects!

I can go on and on, just as the English, Americans etc are not from one origin so are the Igbos! Let's live in peace and stop all these, anyone who refuse to be Igbo fine and good! Igbos from Ebonyi speak Igbo that is hard to comprehend yet they chose to be with Igbo race fine, anyone who doesn't want to have anything to do with Igbos is free to do so. Enough of all these, thank you![/b]

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by magicjack: 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2018
morpheus24:

You are playing semantics here with the definitions of tribe, ethnic group, dialect and language.

If two groups in close proximity to each other speak a similar language this correlates with a similar genetic origin. Period

Clan names, tribes etc are fluid and can change depending on situations. Therefore Ikwerre may has started off within the igbo clan or group and diverged at a certain period creating a distinct dialect that later fits into what can be construed as a language of its own.

The Bantu tribes of South Africa are a clear example of this. Almost every ethnic group in that country are originated from the same stock of people however through time,new clans, tribes and ethnic groups have surfaced. The Zulu, Ndebele, Swati, Xhosa, are all distinct groups of people but who's languages are somwhat mutually understandable amongst them. They originate from a common ancestor and are referred as Nguni because of this.

from what youve said, all of us originated from adam n eve, does that then make all of us are jews or whatever race adam was?
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by magicjack: 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
frankfrancis871:
Truth is I don't comment on these kinds of post but I will try undecided so read slowly

[b]As far as we know, there was no collective Igbo empire, Leader etc rather Igbo tribes or nations. There was no Igbos 200 years although they existed and worked together, to me Igbo is a race and I will prove it, you can research it

1. The Ngwa are the most populous single 'sub-tribe' in Igboland with over 2.5 million population, yet they are classified as Igbos. These great people have their own alphabets different from the normal Igbo alphabets, they refer to their Igbo neighbours as Ihuhu and have many DIALECTS yet Ngwa language is a dialect under Igbo!

2. My people refer to other Igbos from Anambra I think, as Ndi Abelu yet does that make them less Igbos! TRIBE OR NATION IS ALL ABOUT COMMITMENT, LOYALTY ETC, anyone can be anything as long they don't distort history! If I chose to be Igbo, fine! If I chose to be hausa, fine!

3. Here in Nasarawa, many people attending Nsukka meeting are from different villages in Nsukka and different dialects!

I can go on and on, just as the English, Americans etc are not from one origin so are the Igbos! Let's live in peace and stop all these, anyone who refuse to be Igbo fine and good! Igbos from Ebonyi speak Igbo that is hard to comprehend yet they chose to be with Igbo race fine, anyone who doesn't want to have anything to do with Igbos is free to do so. Enough of all these, thank you![/b]

well said
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by magicjack: 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
morpheus24:

lol

Viscerion knows how to find the answer to what he is looking for, being angry about Igbo saying this or that is besides the point. The truth of your origins is in your DNA. If a Yoruba man takes DNA test he will confirm who he is, IF Hausa man take test, he will confirm, if Zulu man take test he will confirm, If half caste take test him self go confirm.

We are waiting on Ikwerre people, if you take the test and you are not of the IGbo stock then problem solved, Shikena!

come and post the results on Nairaland for us to see.

Otherwise every other arguement postulated regarding this matter is noise making

my family n i went for DNA test this morning, and there is 0% igbo in our blood. Problem Solved!
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by viscerion: 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
magicjack:

my family n i went for DNA test this morning, and there is 0% igbo in our blood. Problem Solved!

Did mine too, results say 100% ikwerre, no atom of igbo in our generation, that means ikwerre is originally as far from Igbo as hausa and indian. So the everlasting questions "are ikwerres igbo?" the answer is "NOOOOOO!"

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by viscerion: 2:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
morpheus24:

ill ask a simple question, no dodging or avoiding the question just answer. Are Urhobos and Isokos of the same ethnic group?
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by RedboneSmith(m): 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2018
magicjack:

DNA test this morning, and the result is already out. Well done.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by magicjack: 4:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
RedboneSmith:

DNA test this morning, and the result is already out. Well done.
dats how good ikwerre doctors are
Re: Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof by morpheus24: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
magicjack:

Like RedboneSmith say una get fast test turn around for your side. Make you post result make we confirm na!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Facts About Ijebu's / I Need Old Original Coral Beads / Our similarities in culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.