Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) (5426 Views)

Enter The "King Of Lamba" Writing Competition- Writertain Writers' League / Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) / Writertain Writers League .... Registration Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Missnande(f): 4:24am On Nov 16, 2018
Drabble Entry

'Uloma can not kill me' Mama said vigorously as if trying to convince herself. I knew she was anxious from the darkening in her crease. My sister had really outdone herself this time, coming back from NYSC with the intention of marrying a Hausa chief!

Papa called it her madness in a good way and it was meant to take her far because when she makes a decision, there is no turning back.

The Fufu and Onugbu soup I had been demolishing happily began to lose its taste. I knew I had to talk to her immediately.

Cc Divepen
Audreytimms
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Royver(m): 6:02am On Nov 16, 2018
Kindly remember that stage 2 should be 100 words or less. Not more.

Cc divepen, all contestants.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2018
THE JOY I NEVER HAD
The city glowed; dazzling in stable electricity, and the beautiful flowers; frequently.
The elegant skyscraping buildings were glassy, shining, and built at regular intervals; while the exterior designs were looking gorgeously in complete blueness.
Merriment triumphed my heart. A day spent, I became rich; I had houses, cars, valuable properties. My body glittered by hygienic food like new born babies enlivened with breast milk.
"Ekaaro o, ologi de o"the daily sonorous voice jolted me into reality.
"Dream!" I exclaimed.
I threw my bedbug - infested pillow angrily at the wall, and gave my flat bed a heavy blow.
" ouch!" I got injured.
cc: Shewrites
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by MisterRuk(m): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
Title: The Gambler

One. night in Benin, a gambler and his wife were arguing.

His wife nagged:" You are such a useless man!Your gambling is fruitless! When will you find a job and start acting like a real man?"

The gambler replied: "You are right, I'll drop gambling and turn my wrongs into rights by starting with you, because marrying you is the worst gamble I ever did"

Then he brought out a gold ring, he wore it and touched his wife, she turned into a shiny gold statue. The gambler sold the statue to an art museum and he became very rich.

#team Royver

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by DrDreWise: 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
It had been one of those evenings that they had met. Him, frurtrated; she, more frustrated. So, he had taken her home and introduced her as the maid. His wife, son and little Nimi had asked questions but he had tamed the tempest. And, so, under everyone's nose, the taboo had started, slowly at first, then fast, then pulsating, then hyperventilating. Their embers had blown furiously but largely veiled and out of that had come the will to be bold and free, of all hindrances. So, that day, he had nodded as she added poison to his wife's dinner.

CC: Divepen1

2 Likes

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divineroyalty(f): 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
On entering the interrogation room,Agent Leo felt something was amiss: Chief suspect smiling?

"Hello............"

"I'm here because I was seen yards away from the crime scene with a gun and weird clothes huh?" Suspect interrupted. "Well, I was coming back from my show. That's my costume."

He leaned forward, "There's been over thirty cold case murders dating back three years. Relocated here just a month ago. Ask the neighbours."

Was this an attempt to mess his head ?

Leo felt someone was watching him, as if waiting for him to make a move on the terrible details he was given.

Cc:
Royver
Divepen1
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Frankenstein: 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
Divepen, please there's a mix up. You posted my entry for Divine royalty
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
Frankenstein:
Divepen, please there's a mix up. You posted my entry for Divine royalty
Thanks. Corrected..

1 Like

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
Insomnia

Insomnia, again. I stood up and plodded to the sitting room where I started rambling through Stephen King. It was a knocking sound, at first, before it turned to a breaking one. My ears stuck out and I traced it to my compound's sewage slab; was someone interested in the decomposition of shit, I thought, chuckling. Well, I returned to King but dozed off before I Knew it. Morning came and my mum was on her way out when the landlord called her over a broken sewage. The scoundrel, I understood immediately, was about extorting his tenants yet again!

CC:SheWrites
CC:Divepen1

1 Like

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Firstgentleman1(m): 12:44am On Nov 17, 2018
TIME AND CHANCE

That day, Papa was disturbingly quiet; a demeanour uncharacteristic of him. He had been like that all day and everyone treaded cautiously. Then at dinner when Tade knocked down the enamel cup and papa didn’t bellow-in-rage, we knew something was amiss.

“The doctor says I have two months left to live”. Papa intoned at last, a quiver noticeable in his baritone voice. The silence in the room amplified until Mama let out a crowding wail.

That was two years ago and today at Mama’s funeral, Papa sitting beside me; I wondered the kind of twist fate played on us.

Cc AudreyTimms

Divepen1

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by DrDreWise: 6:25am On Nov 17, 2018
Divepen1, it's weird that I'm clueless as to what I'm competing for. What's the prize? But I do believe it's for the best. Still, it should be changed soon.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
Baba returned oddly that night - no drumming, no fanfare. We had quickly gathered. Dende spoke first, we would no longer wait for Baba's death. We had then crept into his room, before the village would know he had returned, and had emerged with his limp body over Lamina's shoulder. In the morning, we had been summoned by the chief and as we sat, we had dreaded that our shallow grave had been discovered. But as the cheif spoke, with grieving eyes, we had found out that Baba had died in a motor accident on his way back the day before.

CC: Divepen1
Audreytimms

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by vivypretty(f): 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
My stomach rumbled while the parasitic worms bit into my stomach walls forcing me awake. It was 01:30am by my room's clock.
I crept down the corridor, trying not to wake my parents as I made for the kitchen.
I slid through the kitchen door which was ajar without causing it to squeak. Flicking on the light switch at the wall, I fainted. Pitch black darkness surrounded me as the arms of silence embraced me. I felt weightless as a feather as I hit the floor.
My ex lover, our gateman had been lying in wait.

cc:Divepen1
cc:Audreytimms
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by SenhorSean(m): 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
WITHIN MOMENTS

It was a cloudless day accentuated by the tender sleet. It was hard to believe that in a few moments, something bad would happen to me...

I was there filled with random thoughts like i'm running out of time to get my life together until he showed up.

The unknown man had a scrawny mouth and tender arms... He didn't look dangerous, not even his lanky appearance warned me of my fate.

I can still vividly recall the record coming down my feet like a pointy piano - smash. I felt my life slip away till i passed out.

cc: Divepen1
cc: Audreytimms
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by devilmaycry: 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
I'm sorry I pleaded with my hands tied as I woke up but instead recieved a whip to my back.I was naked and been tortured by a lady whom I just met.
"Now kneel and bend forward"
she shouted.
I was left with no option but to obey,how did I get myself into this mess?
Then it downed on me what I was into,she was coming with a strapon round her waist.Next I felt someone grabbing my waist from behind and slapping my ass.Trying to force that thing inside me.Ohh alcohol,if only I had listened to the voice of chibuzor.

Cc. Divepen1
Cc.Royver
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by devilmaycry: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2018
I actually submitted mine to divepen1's email ...didn't know i'm to drop it here
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Kusibe77(m): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2018
The prince came every night for the past five days. A mystery man. But this night was different. Not for the street that had fallen asleep. Not for his limp and the clanging of his walking stick. He walked rather too slow and paused and looked back too often. He was the son of the king.

Cold breeze blew my window curtains as he walked onto the bridge and out of view.

The newspaper arrived the next morning with a bad news. The 'mystery man' was on the headlines: TROUBLED PRINCE DROWNED 'COS HE IS A BASTARD.

1 Like

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2018
Kusibe77:
The prince came every night for the past five days. A mystery man. But this night was different. Not for the street that had fallen asleep. Not for his limp and the clanging of his walking stick. He walked rather too slow and paused and looked back too often. He was the son of the king.

Cold breeze blew my window curtains as he walked onto the bridge and out of view.

The newspaper arrived the next morning with a bad news. The 'mystery man' was on the headlines: TROUBLED PRINCE DROWNED 'COS HE IS A BASTARD.

Oh! so sorry. This is way way past the deadline
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Jazmiynne: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
SheWrites:
MY SELECTIONS

Jazmiynne - Very nice story, well written, filled with suspense, intrigue, my goodness, I am impressed.

Thank you very much.
I feel really good about this. smiley cheesy
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by SheWrites(f): 11:01am On Nov 24, 2018
Jazmiynne:

Thank you very much. I feel really good about this. smiley cheesy
you gats to make me proud -winks-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divineroyalty(f): 11:27am On Nov 24, 2018
Congratulations Misteruk on your progress to the next stage.
Go there and bring the trophy for our team.

Thanks, Royver for the opportunity you gave me. I'm sorry I disappointed.
Will continue to develop a better writer in me.

Success to Team Roy.

1 Like

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Jazmiynne: 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2018
SheWrites:

you gats to make me proud -winks-

I'd try smiley
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:37am On Nov 25, 2018
Divepen1, you might want to make a new timeline for the competition. You understand, right?

1 Like

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by MisterRuk(m): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2018
Divineroyalty:
Congratulations Misteruk on your progress to the next stage.
Go there and bring the trophy for our team.

Thanks, Royver for the opportunity you gave me. I'm sorry I disappointed.
Will continue to develop a better writer in me.

Success to Team Roy.
Thank you very much Ms Divineroyalty, I'll do my best. Don't be discouraged, greatness awaits because you'll be the BEST writer.

1 Like

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 30, 2018
RITUAL MONEY
The hungry hen lost appetite, it ate a corn. And he cried hysterically. The price of his folly was unbearable , he had a year more on earth.
cc: Divepen1
cc: Royver

2 Likes

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by duch12(m): 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2018
Storm

She walked into the room and saw him lying on the floor. She rushed and bent beside him. She put a finger near his nose then below his jaw; no pulse.
She emptied the content of her bag on the floor and searched for her phone. She found it and pressed the power button; the phone was dead!
'Shit,' she said and threw the phone on the bed.
She pressed his chest hard thrice and heard a crack. Her heart jumped to her mouth. She has fractured his ribs! Beads of sweat began forming on her forehead. Run! A voice in her head said. She quickly packed the things she had thrown on the floor back into the bag, took her phone and dashed towards the door.
She came face-to-face with Jane.
'You killed him!' Jane said with trembling lips.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divineroyalty(f): 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2018
Her hubby's passport burnt slowly. She had set the fire. His means to the bitch abroad. Then, She saw it, a treatment report on him. Too late!

Cc.
Audreytimms
Divepen1
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2018
Words

A biker speeds past me. “Go to hell,” I cussed but I didn't know how powerful my words were. Barely 5 secs I said that, he crashed and died.

Cc Divepen1
Cc Royver

Please pardon me. I didn't receive any notification. Please forgive me!
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:18am On Dec 02, 2018
Divepen1, are things going to continue this way? Really, if the competition can't work this year, just let us know. The indifferent attitude of you and the judges is very baffling. It's also really disturbing that this competition, despite its success in its first year, is suffering this much in its second. I always thought that the older the wine, the better its taste but it appears that's not applicable here. However, what do I know anyway? You might have your reasons.

Happy birthday to you. May life be fair, faithful and fantastic.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Jazmiynne: 8:48am On Dec 02, 2018
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Divepen1, are things going to continue this way? Really, if the competition can't work this year, just let us know. The indifferent attitude of you and the judges is very baffling. It's also really disturbing that this competition, despite its success in its first year, is suffering this much in its second. I always thought that the older the wine, the better its taste but it appears that's not applicable here. However, what do I know anyway? You might have your reasons.

My thoughts exactly.
@Divepen1 it just seems like anything goes this time.

We won't mind pausing for a while if needed to get some kind of structure or organisation.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Missnande(f): 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2018
They stood hand in hand facing the sunset. She was wearing her pleated skirt and purple crop top he bought for her. Looking up his face she said, 'promise me you won't leave me'. He held her tenderly and wanted to say yes, but all he could think about was his escapade with Morenike the night before.

Cc shewrites

Divepen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jacob's Curse / Best Nigerian Novel U Eva Read? / Short Fiction: Man’s Not Hot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.