Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,979 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' (16226 Views)

Soludo Inspects Ugwuagba-Bosi Rd, Says He's Not A Man That Makes Empty Promises / "Governor Abiodun Keeps Making ’Empty’ Promises To Us", Ogun Workers Lament / FG To SERAP: We Have No Records Of How Recovered Abacha Loots Were Spent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by nairavsdollars(f): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2018
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), on Tuesday said there is no basis for comparison between President Muhammadu Buhari and former Vice- President Atiku Abubakar as far as the 2019 presidential election is concerned.

Buhari emerged as the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) at the weekend while Atiku also defeated 11 other aspirants to become the flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Sagay, who is currently in the United States, said he didn’t perceive Atiku as a threat to President Buhari because as a former Vice- President, Atiku has no records to run with except making promises, which he may not fulfil if elected president.

On the contrary, he said President Buhari’s record of integrity, his management of the economy, tackling challenges of insecurity especially the Boko Haram menace and his social investment programme, which has uplifted many poor Nigerians will get him re-elected by appreciative Nigerians.

“No. I don’t see Atiku as a threat to President Buhari. We are talking of records here. Buhari has a record extending from 1984. He has integrity, not only that, he has sustained the fight against corruption. It is unprecedented.

“We also have the social investment programme, which monies recovered from corrupt people are being applied for the improvement of the lives of the most vulnerable members of the public. The economy is going up; oil subsidy fraud has been eliminated.

“The Boko Haram militants have been seriously decimated, I can go on and on. Talking of records, former Vice-President Atiku has nothing to run on except the words of his mouth. So, there is no basis for comparison between the two”.

On the promise by Atiku that he will restructure Nigeria within six months if elected president, Sagay said while that is a good campaign point, restructuring will not solve all Nigeria’s problems.

He, however, said the APC also has plans for restructuring the country, which necessitated the setting up of the committee on restructuring chaired by Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State.

“Yes, he said he will restructure Nigeria within six months if elected president. To me, that is a good campaign point. It is good but there is no evidence that Buhari will not ascent to any form of restructuring even though he is not so positive about it”.

“If you read the report of the party’s committee on restructuring, the one headed by El-Rufai, it is clear and very strong. So, the APC is committed to restructuring too and so, it is not an advantage for Atiku".

“Restructuring will not solve all our problems. What of due process, what of integrity, what of honesty, what of all the things that ensures that the state resources are applied and the resources of the state are not divided by a few people. So, all those things are important” he said.

On the role of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo in determining who the president in the forthcoming presidential election, Sagay said Nigerians should not attach any importance to the ex-president who he described as irrelevant.

“ I don’t think Obasanjo is irrelevant. He doesn’t have more influence than myself. So, I believe Nigerians should just forget about him” he said.

https://independent.ng/2019-atiku-has-no-records-to-run-with-except-empty-promises-sagay/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by badmrkt(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2018
creating 5,000+ jobs as a private citizen is not a good record Mr Sagay? what did buhari contribute to his immediate community before being elected? old age truly doesn't reflect abundance of wisdom.

235 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Racoon(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2018
So this out of relevance prof.is still talking even after the shameless role he played in the Kemi Adeosun NYSC certificate forgery scandal?

An Atiku who have schools, multi-conglomerate business empire employing thousands despite his alleged corrupt personality? What business or humanitarian ventures does the sanctimonious Buhari have to his credit? Even the perinnal 150 herd of cattle he have have never been productive.

Meanwhile what else again does the government he serves have to offer Nigeria that have not been seen? Even all their promises to the hapless electorate have long not only been shamelessly denied but outrightly cancelled.

Well, panic mode have been activated & everyone in the coven have been talking like they're having seizure.

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by 01mcfadden(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2018
Hmmm
Sagay is now losing it big time.
If one dwells with pigs, it's just a matter of time before one starts finding pleasure in muds.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Racoon(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2018
“If you read the report of the party’s committee on restructuring, the one headed by El-Rufai, it is clear and very strong. So, the APC is committed to restructuring too and so, it is not an advantage for Atiku".
So a restructuring concept that even Buhari, Osinbajo,El-Rufai and other in the APC have kicked against? The APC is just clutching to straw.They never saw Atiku coming.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Bawizzo(m): 9:39am On Oct 10, 2018
Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Bolustical: 9:39am On Oct 10, 2018
Isn't it surprising that those who castigated Yorubas for being a VP to Buhari are the one fighting tooth and nail to get the slot to Atiku.

Same region who tagged Yorubas slaves, for supporting a 72 year old Fulani herdsman are now the one asslicking him.

Suddenly, they have-

Realised that VP seat is important,

Forgotten Atiku is a Fulani,

Forgotten Atiku is a Muslim,

Forgotten Atiku is 72 years old.

Hypocrites.

7 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Bolustical: 9:39am On Oct 10, 2018
Yes
Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by TooNoisy(f): 9:39am On Oct 10, 2018
This useless professor must be a very hungry man. Even as a Vice President, Atiku made a bigger impact on the economy than Buhari as President.

Atiku is more enlightened and understands how businesses run. The only record Buhari is running on is his record as a coup plotter!

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by KanwuliaMama: 9:39am On Oct 10, 2018
Like: APC INTERGRITY AND CHANGE? grin

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by promise4040: 9:39am On Oct 10, 2018
Useless man... What has integrity contributed to the growth of the economy Atiku single handedly created 25k and more jobs directly and indirectly. The Daura cow you are rooting for has done nothing but to bring hardship to Nigeria.

Who integrity help?

28 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by aolawale025: 9:40am On Oct 10, 2018
The man just wants to retain his appointment

7 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by laffwitmi: 9:40am On Oct 10, 2018
Atiku never!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:40am On Oct 10, 2018
Nonsense talk. Atiku + Peter Obi is a combo to save Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by luckyogor(m): 9:40am On Oct 10, 2018
grin hahahahaha,the APC attack cows are coming out now,i cant wait to hear from garba shehu,hahahaha,that guy must be the saddest guy in nigeria now,one boy with two master's.

9 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Dee60: 9:40am On Oct 10, 2018
t
Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by onatisi(m): 9:40am On Oct 10, 2018
apc and buhari that made promises in 2015, how many of those promises have they fulfilled ?
even if atiku doesnt make any promise at all , we are okay with him as long as buhari is going

31 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by hisexcellency34: 9:40am On Oct 10, 2018
Sincerely, I doubt if Atiku can restructure Nigeria within six months as he promised. By the time, he tastes the presidency and see the enormous power involved, he will be footdragging on restructuring and may not do it until his tenure elapses

6 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Dee60: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2018
I think the man is correct.

I am not a fan of PMB and do not see myself voting for him.

I really think Nigeria deserves better at this stage.

I think people should look beyond the old politicians.

I think there is someone out there who can do better among the younger candidates.

In 2019 I will implore Nigerians NEVER to vote party but to vote CANDIDATES.

Maybe the best candidate for president is in one other party apart from PDP and APC.

Afterall, PDP and APC are more or less the same. Dont be deceived.

5 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by SuperStriker: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2018
Ghh
Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by fahren(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2018
We are not complaining, even if Atiku is coming to rob or dupe us, we will still Vote him.

Even if he is running a joint ticket with Evans the kidnapper, we will still Vote him

33 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Boss20: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2018
This man is high on codeine diet.

Its Atiku 2019

8 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by ArmaniUhuru: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2018
Me, my household, friends and well wishers have all been Atikulated. No amount of propaganda will make us cross-carpet.

6 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by ozento: 9:42am On Oct 10, 2018
who is this lifeless fool?

8 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 10, 2018
Like their Buhari who is full of records

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by pawesome(m): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2018
I am normally an A student... Don't do B's... Strictly A's....so I am just gonna be Articulating ahead

11 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by technuel: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2018
Who is still taking this old prof serious, even a primary six puppil will do better than Buhari talk more of Atiku who has created direct jobs more than business man Aliko Dangote.
Come 2019 we must ATIKULATE
Nigeria must be ATIKULATED

8 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by megacity: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2018
Sagay has really lost it!

7 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2018
Mr Sagay, show us the kept promises the lifeless one told us in 2015. #OurMUmuDonDo

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agbaje Alleges Manipulation Of Lagos Result, Demands Prosecution Of Thugs / Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians / Lagos Government Begins Clearing Of Debris At Balogun Market (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.