Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' (16240 Views)

Soludo Inspects Ugwuagba-Bosi Rd, Says He's Not A Man That Makes Empty Promises / "Governor Abiodun Keeps Making ’Empty’ Promises To Us", Ogun Workers Lament / FG To SERAP: We Have No Records Of How Recovered Abacha Loots Were Spent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by chrisxxx(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2018
Visible achievements
Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2018
Sagay is gradually running mad

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by CanineOfJackal: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2018
i stand with Atiku

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by IamAlexander: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2018
I don't like commenting on page 2. It has to be page 1 therefore I won't type what I have in mind to say.

Sorry for wasting this land... grin
Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Kingosytex(m): 9:46am On Oct 10, 2018
sir gay, its now obvious that the madness affecting oshiomole is also affecting you and lauretta onochie

what record does buhari have? how many of the empty promises he made has he fulfilled?

atiku is much better than the stack illiterate you worship, atleast atiku is learned, pragmatic and has entreprenuerial skills, what can u say of buhari?

he presented a nepa bill as his waec cert and hired some SANs to defend the evil

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:46am On Oct 10, 2018
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), on Tuesday said there is no basis for comparison between President Muhammadu Buhari and former Vice- President Atiku Abubakar as far as the 2019 presidential election is concerned.

Buhari emerged as the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) at the weekend while Atiku also defeated 11 other aspirants to become the flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Sagay, who is currently in the United States, said he didn’t perceive Atiku as a threat to President Buhari because as a former Vice- President, Atiku has no records to run with except making promises, which he may not fulfil if elected president.

On the contrary, he said President Buhari’s record of integrity, his management of the economy, tackling challenges of insecurity especially the Boko Haram menace and his social investment programme, which has uplifted many poor Nigerians will get him re-elected by appreciative Nigerians.

“No. I don’t see Atiku as a threat to President Buhari. We are talking of records here. Buhari has a record extending from 1984. He has integrity, not only that, he has sustained the fight against corruption. It is unprecedented.

“We also have the social investment programme, which monies recovered from corrupt people are being applied for the improvement of the lives of the most vulnerable members of the public. The economy is going up; oil subsidy fraud has been eliminated.

“The Boko Haram militants have been seriously decimated, I can go on and on. Talking of records, former Vice-President Atiku has nothing to run on except the words of his mouth. So, there is no basis for comparison between the two”.

On the promise by Atiku that he will restructure Nigeria within six months if elected president, Sagay said while that is a good campaign point, restructuring will not solve all Nigeria’s problems.

He, however, said the APC also has plans for restructuring the country, which necessitated the setting up of the committee on restructuring chaired by Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State.

“Yes, he said he will restructure Nigeria within six months if elected president. To me, that is a good campaign point. It is good but there is no evidence that Buhari will not ascent to any form of restructuring even though he is not so positive about it”.

“If you read the report of the party’s committee on restructuring, the one headed by El-Rufai, it is clear and very strong. So, the APC is committed to restructuring too and so, it is not an advantage for Atiku".

“Restructuring will not solve all our problems. What of due process, what of integrity, what of honesty, what of all the things that ensures that the state resources are applied and the resources of the state are not divided by a few people. So, all those things are important” he said.

On the role of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo in determining who the president in the forthcoming presidential election, Sagay said Nigerians should not attach any importance to the ex-president who he described as irrelevant.

“ I don’t think Obasanjo is irrelevant. He doesn’t have more influence than myself. So, I believe Nigerians should just forget about him” he said.

https://independent.ng/2019-atiku-has-no-records-to-run-with-except-empty-promises-sagay/

This man used to be one of my role models until he defended Adeosun's certificate forgery only for Adeosun herself to accept that the certificate was truly forged.
I have placed him where I placed LAI Mohammed

Next post please undecided

4 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by pawesome(m): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Sincerely, I doubt if Atiku can restructure Nigeria within six months as he promised. By the time, he tastes the presidency and see the enormous power involved, he will be footdragging on restructuring and may not do it until his tenure elapses
use Adamawa state as an example... With all the power that Atiku has in Adamawa, have you ever heard of Atiku imposing a candidate or involving with state politics? The guy just kept his cool in Adamawa like no man business... He was in position of authority and never made use of it...so why now?

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by velocity25(m): 9:48am On Oct 10, 2018
All I know is that, he is going to create jobs unlike the Lifeless i know.

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by smileyoo: 9:51am On Oct 10, 2018
for now most nigerian politicians 're known for their empty promises, including bubu's apc.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by hisexcellency34: 9:51am On Oct 10, 2018
Wehrey

fahren:
We are not complaining, even if Atiku is coming to rob or dupe us, we will still Vote him.

Even if he is running a joint ticket with Evans the kidnapper, we will still Vote him

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by RexTramadol1: 9:51am On Oct 10, 2018
Hahahha Buhari oya prepare handover note o

Be like Na Atikulate movement!

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by BrutusOj(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2018
To hell with Sagay of a man. Even if Atiku is a Ghanian without a record we will vote for him. Buhari must go

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by omokab: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2018
badmrkt:
creating 5,000+ jobs as a private citizen is not a good record Mr Sagay? what did buhari contribute to his immediate community before being elected? old age truly doesn't reflect abundance of wisdom.
you can as well tell us where he got all those money from firstly, as a custom officer and vice president of federal republic of nigeria. And Pls don't forget to tell us his salary on both positionthat can fetch this so big money to establish Intel and America nigeria university(which he can't even visit America).

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by klax(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2018
Shagay shut up people with big flat hippo nose talk with their brain upside down a lot.

Show me one promise Buhari has fulfilled so far? But why is it that all apc are so intellectually imbecille that they don't reason or get their facts before talking. This pooh is bashing Atiku what about Buhari?

Na wah ooo for all these apc imbecilles

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by badmrkt(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2018
omokab:
you can as well tell us where he got all those money from firstly, as a custom officer and vice president of federal republic of nigeria. And Pls don't forget to tell us his salary on both positionthat can fetch this so big money to establish Intel and America nigeria university(which he can't even visit America).
Where did Buhari's son get 50mill to buy bike? and where did Tinubu get money from to buy private jet?

5 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Niceman4u(m): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2018
badmrkt:
creating 5,000+ jobs as a private citizen is not a good record Mr Sagay? what did buhari contribute to his immediate community before being elected? old age truly doesn't reflect abundance of wisdom.

shameless sagay is among the receivers of 30k monthly stipend.
He can't see beyond his nose. shameless old man

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Nnemuka(f): 10:01am On Oct 10, 2018
Well Buhari integrity is a curse to Nigerians... How else can you explain the fact that Nigeria is now the poverty headquarter of the world..

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by hisexcellency34: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2018
Are you saying Prog Sagay is a member of BMC?

Niceman4u:

shameless sagay is among the receivers of 30k monthly stipend.
He can't see beyond his nose. shameless old man
Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by roscoleefad: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2018
laffwitmi:
Atiku never!!
when will ur parents present themselves for criminal act they committed,idiot like u who doesn't know from left to right hungry person

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by klax(m): 10:02am On Oct 10, 2018
omokab:

Pls tell us where the lazy pooh semi dead son of your president got the huge cash to owned such 2 expensive power bike and don't forget tell us the company the lazy pooh was working and his annual salary?

Pls tell us where did Aisha buhari got N2.5billion from that her staff stole?

Pls tell us where did Tinubu got cash to owned a private jet?

Answer these first and I will dig out the names of others for you.

I said you apc should stop being naive and stupid always think before you talk. Armed robber calling house burglar a thief pls what is the different between them? Bro thief is thief so get that to your brain.

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by edibobo: 10:03am On Oct 10, 2018
Jealousy is killing APC

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by segunobat(m): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2018
And i use to respect this man before oh smh
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), on Tuesday said there is no basis for comparison between President Muhammadu Buhari and former Vice- President Atiku Abubakar as far as the 2019 presidential election is concerned.

Buhari emerged as the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) at the weekend while Atiku also defeated 11 other aspirants to become the flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Sagay, who is currently in the United States, said he didn’t perceive Atiku as a threat to President Buhari because as a former Vice- President, Atiku has no records to run with except making promises, which he may not fulfil if elected president.

On the contrary, he said President Buhari’s record of integrity, his management of the economy, tackling challenges of insecurity especially the Boko Haram menace and his social investment programme, which has uplifted many poor Nigerians will get him re-elected by appreciative Nigerians.

“No. I don’t see Atiku as a threat to President Buhari. We are talking of records here. Buhari has a record extending from 1984. He has integrity, not only that, he has sustained the fight against corruption. It is unprecedented.

“We also have the social investment programme, which monies recovered from corrupt people are being applied for the improvement of the lives of the most vulnerable members of the public. The economy is going up; oil subsidy fraud has been eliminated.

“The Boko Haram militants have been seriously decimated, I can go on and on. Talking of records, former Vice-President Atiku has nothing to run on except the words of his mouth. So, there is no basis for comparison between the two”.

On the promise by Atiku that he will restructure Nigeria within six months if elected president, Sagay said while that is a good campaign point, restructuring will not solve all Nigeria’s problems.

He, however, said the APC also has plans for restructuring the country, which necessitated the setting up of the committee on restructuring chaired by Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State.

“Yes, he said he will restructure Nigeria within six months if elected president. To me, that is a good campaign point. It is good but there is no evidence that Buhari will not ascent to any form of restructuring even though he is not so positive about it”.

“If you read the report of the party’s committee on restructuring, the one headed by El-Rufai, it is clear and very strong. So, the APC is committed to restructuring too and so, it is not an advantage for Atiku".

“Restructuring will not solve all our problems. What of due process, what of integrity, what of honesty, what of all the things that ensures that the state resources are applied and the resources of the state are not divided by a few people. So, all those things are important” he said.

On the role of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo in determining who the president in the forthcoming presidential election, Sagay said Nigerians should not attach any importance to the ex-president who he described as irrelevant.

“ I don’t think Obasanjo is irrelevant. He doesn’t have more influence than myself. So, I believe Nigerians should just forget about him” he said.

https://independent.ng/2019-atiku-has-no-records-to-run-with-except-empty-promises-sagay/

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Niceman4u(m): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Are you saying Prog Sagay is a member of BMC?

he is the number one on the list of BMC.
he s even reading this sef

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by Chukazu: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2018
And Buhari who ran on " weighty promise" we have seen the end result...#LIFELESS

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by AskProf: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2018
laffwitmi:
Atiku never!!

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by YuliyaIvanova(f): 10:08am On Oct 10, 2018
shocked
Chukazu:
And Buhari who ran on " weighty promise" we have seen the end result...#LIFELESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by RillJ(m): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2018
'now losing' or have lost it? Sagay is out of sync with reality

01mcfadden:
Hmmm
Sagay is now losing it big time.
If you one dwells with pigs, it's just a matter of time before one starts finding pleasure in muds.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by roscoleefad: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2018
I no wonder I this old fool get his professorship,if I hv d means I still prope how he come about his qualification

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by enemyofprogress: 10:14am On Oct 10, 2018
I like empty promises

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by samblac(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2018
APC is now having sleepless night because of the emergence of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar as the Presidential flag bearer for PDP. I think this is healthy for our nascent democracy. At least some group will sit tighter than before. Unlike when it was generally believed that no any other person that can match APC led Buhari shoulder to shoulder. The game has just began. Nigeria shall be great again.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' by RillJ(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2018
Same Sagay that openly supported forgery.
Same Prof that openly canvassed for a relegation of a National Civic obligation at the expense of partisan loyalty
Nigeria politics is indeed a great corrupter that Prof Sagay has yielded body and soul to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crude Oil Discovered In Uruan, Akwa Ibom / Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing / 2023: Groups Present APC Presidential Forms To Ayade, Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.