Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,298 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Please I Need Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Advice (406 Views)

My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice / Need Advice On Salary At My New Job / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice by hesilo(m): 10:49am On Oct 10, 2018
I lost My Full time job 15months ago and had this contract job I held on to before the job loss. Actually I worked in a private institution as an assistant lecturer before the suppose disengagement. The contract job also stopped few months after I was disengaged. It's been difficult for me considering that I have been doing nothing since the beginning of this year. Last month I was invited for an interview in an oil servicing firm in ph which after the interview I was asked to proceed for medicals which I did. Meanwhile after the interview I I was asked when to likely start I told them to give me a month so as to relocate as I live in a different state. It's been a month and 6days since after the interview and I have no heard from them. However I called the HR before the end of the month as to know what to do, he said I should wait so there are pro interview processing going on. I'm tired and downcasted as I am considering going back to my previous place of work because the management said they would review my case. I stopped going to them because of this current company because I don't want to disappoint anybody(like getting reabsorbed for company B to beckon and I leave). Remember the current company is willing to play twice what I was receiving from my previous place of work. I am confused and don't know what to do anymore. Time is no man's friend it's also not easy along as man needs something to keep body and soul together as currently I'm upgrading on my IT skills and have no source of income whatsoever. Please I need your candid advice, what should I do.

Sorry for typos if there are any... Thanks
Re: Please I Need Advice by tripplephi: 10:55am On Oct 10, 2018
Bro Bro Bro
I feel your pain o BUT
how can you be in ICT and still looking for Job?

See, you even have data to browse and money to upgrade your skill. WHY NOT START IMPORTATION BUSINESS WITH 5K and take advantage of the Christmas season around the corner,

IF MOHAMMED DOES NOT GO TO THE MOUNTAIN, THEN THE MOUNTAIN HAS TO COME TO MOHAMMED

See BY 2019 you can be employing people. u should not have wasted 8-9 months of 2018 if you knew that you could IMPORT and SELL through JUMIA or KONGA or OLX and use the money to keep body and soul together

hesilo:
I lost My Full time job 15months ago and had this contract job I held on to before the job loss. Actually I worked in a private institution as an assistant lecturer before the suppose disengagement. The contract job also stopped few months after I was disengaged. It's been difficult for me considering that I have been doing nothing since the beginning of this year. Last month I was invited for an interview in an oil servicing firm in ph which after the interview I was asked to proceed for medicals which I did. Meanwhile after the interview I I was asked when to likely start I told them to give me a month so as to relocate as I live in a different state. It's been a month and 6days since after the interview and I have no heard from them. However I called the HR before the end of the month as to know what to do, he said I should wait so there are pro interview processing going on. I'm tired and downcasted as I am considering going back to my previous place of work because the management said they would review my case. I stopped going to them because of this current company because I don't want to disappoint anybody(like getting reabsorbed for company B to beckon and I leave). Remember the current company is willing to play twice what I was receiving from my previous place of work. I am confused and don't know what to do anymore. Time is no man's friend it's also not easy along as man needs something to keep body and soul together as currently I'm upgrading on my IT skills and have no source of income whatsoever. Please I need your candid advice, what should I do.

Sorry for typos if there are any... Thanks
Re: Please I Need Advice by hesilo(m): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2018
tripplephi:
Bro Bro Bro
I feel your pain o BUT
how can you be in ICT and still looking for Job?

See, you even have data to browse and money to upgrade your skill. WHY NOT START IMPORTATION BUSINESS WITH 5K and take advantage of the Christmas season around the corner,

IF MOHAMMED DOES NOT GO TO THE MOUNTAIN, THEN THE MOUNTAIN HAS TO COME TO MOHAMMED

See BY 2019 you can be employing people. u should not have wasted 8-9 months of 2018 if you knew that you could IMPORT and SELL through JUMIA or KONGA or OLX and use the money to keep body and soul together

Thank You for the advice... Truly I was expecting that the contract job which actually lead to my disengagement was going to continue because it comes intervally. So didn't know what exactly is wrong and have not been called since this year... but what exactly can one be importing with 5k that would keep him going with rent, feeding and other expenses in view?
Re: Please I Need Advice by SilentVboy: 11:13am On Oct 10, 2018
@op, sorry for your predicament. Its not easy getting a job, we all know.

But I think u made a mistake with respect to the new company that called u. Why did u tell them to give u a month when asked how soon u could resume?

When asked such quest, u should say immediately. It shows how u really need the job. There are others waiting to jump in for the job, and u are saying they should wait for u for one month?

I was asked same quest before I got employed in d company am working now. I simply replied "immediately". And just one week after, they called me to come with my credentials for verification and collection of employment letter....

Wish u d best...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Advice by 4reala(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2018
I think you shld go back and start talk with ur former place of work, while waiting for this new one which only remains appointment letter. So if your old place reabsorb you, then keep on working, and if your new one comes, then you also can disengage them, just as they did to u in the first place and move on wit ur new work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Advice by hesilo(m): 11:31am On Oct 10, 2018
SilentVboy:
@op, sorry for your predicament. Its not easy getting a job, we all know.

But I think u made a mistake with respect to the new company that called u. Why did u tell them to give u a month when asked how soon u could resume?

When asked such quest, u should say immediately. It shows how u really need the job. There are others waiting to jump in for the job, and u are saying they should wait for u for one month?

I was asked same quest before I got employed in d company am working now. I simply replied "immediately". And just one week after, they called me to come with my credentials for verification and collection of employment letter....

Wish u d best...
It was perhaps a mistake I made, was not even comfortable after I gave them that reply originally said two weeks and then I thought of traveling back and settling everything at my base and told them a month, so as to even align the start date with the coming month ie this very month. Meanwhile the HR kept saying I should be hopeful, it's just that I don't know how long I should keep at that. Thanks tho
Re: Please I Need Advice by hesilo(m): 11:35am On Oct 10, 2018
4reala:
I think you shld go back and start talk with ur former place of work, while waiting for this new one which only remains appointment letter. So if your old place reabsorb you, then keep on working, and if your new one comes, then you also can disengage them, just as they did to u in the first place and move on wit ur new work
Lol... this has been on my mind, but don't know how to go about it cos I hate disappointing people with no remorse. I wish I had no conscience.
Re: Please I Need Advice by tripplephi: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
Brotherly these things are not quick fixes but will grow over a period of 3 months if you sell fast in a week. By the third month you would be able to boast of 6 figure income.

you can import HUMIDIFIERS this harmattan season and begin selling very fast and import something else that is a major NEED in your area before christmas ends or 2019

hesilo:

Thank You for the advice... Truly I was expecting that the contract job which actually lead to my disengagement was going to continue because it comes intervally. So didn't know what exactly is wrong and have not been called since this year... but what exactly can one be importing with 5k that would keep him going with rent, feeding and other expenses in view?
Re: Please I Need Advice by icogb: 1:29am On Oct 11, 2018
[quote author=SilentVboy post=71952886]@op, sorry for your predicament. Its not easy getting a job, we all know.

Wish u d best...[/q I wanted to say dis. I pray dey call him.

(1) (Reply)

What Was Your Greatest Costly Mistake You Committed In Your Career / How NITDA Is Helping Corpers To Develop ICT Skills At No Cost / I Beat Him For The Second Time, He Should Take A Break From Boxing - Andy Ruiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.